This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
    At least the captioning does , in 5th race on multiple occasions.

So is it really Asgard? How would we know it's Asgard as I'm sure there is nothing spelled out in the series itself anywhere except for subtitles?

But it does sound stupid
    Really? Yet another reason not to buy the complete series then

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    It's always written "Asgard" in stuff on Stargate sites, MGM's site, Sci-Fi's site, and writer blogs.
    Yeah and in Norse mythology books/web pages etc. it is spelled... 'ASGARD' which IMO is the right way of spelling it

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
      Really? Yet another reason not to buy the complete series then

Yeah and in Norse mythology books/web pages etc. it is spelled... 'ASGARD' which IMO is the right way of spelling it
      Hey FenRiR...............Guess what...............ASGUARD!!!!!
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Hey FenRiR...............Guess what...............ASGUARD!!!!!
        LMAO! Thor's cryin' over that!

It doesn't really bother me if some people make a spelling mistake by accident or whatever... as long as I understand what they mean

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
          It's a fictional universe, if it's spealt in the same way as the asgard of norse mythology it can be spelt in many ways, most commonly asgard, but really we all know what we mean when someone says asguard. I just prefer asgard as that's how it's spelt in the norse mythology.
          clicky

type a name in the box at the top to get it in viking runes, the norse people would have spelt it like that
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Personally I think Åsgård is the coolest. Maybe I'll say "screw you QWERTY!" I'm going to start using Åsgård! That should have been the way it was on the show anyway, what with the whole Å thing.

Comment

AAAHHHH!!!!

Remember, these are the same people who spelled Teyla's name "Teyla Ammagen" in one of the Atlantis boxsets.
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Complete series box says "Asguard" instead of "Asgard"
                Sholvas ! may the wrath of the asgardian gods befall these defilers, by Odin !!

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                According to wikipedia:

Asgard, Ásgarðr, Ásgard, Ásegard, Ásgardr, Asgardr, Ásgarthr, Ásgarth, Asgarth, Esageard, Ásgardhr, Asgård, Åsgård, Asgaard, Aasgaard, and Ásgarður.

well at least no one's suggested "assgard" yet

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  well at least no one's suggested "assgard" yet
                  For that one, maybe adding a u is appropriate.

Comment

Assgard/Assguard is a comical version, which I sometimes use.

I remember the Red Sky episode and the ones with the Asgard phone had some erros in Subtitles. The 2nd mentioned episode (where they needed the phone) had the race's spelt differently(as in those people who owned that planet.)

Some of the subtitler peoples weren't perfect on their canon, hence the errors. I still don't see why the producers/DVD people didn't double-check to make sure...

Comment

Working...
                    X