Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want to talk plotholes, come here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    You can say "I don't take anything from season one or the original movie as canon", but that's really rather silly. Of course we are expected to take some of that as canon. How can you not? That's where we get a large amount of the character's backgrounds. That's where we learn about several of our allies and enemies. What we're really doing is picking and choosing what to take as canon and what to overlook. And, I think that is what Blistna is calling attention to. (Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting you, Blistna.) And we can say that we change our ideas of canon based on what happens in later seasons, but who's to judge how many seasons can go by before something is "unchangable"? Perhaps what we are really saying is "I really like this show so I'm going to forgive it some of it's mistakes so that I can continue to enjoy it."

I haven't seen the new movie and I haven't looked into threads about it as I don't want to be spoiled. I'm plenty willing to concede that there may be mistakes or plotholes there. I have seen seasons 9 and 10 and I don't recall an inordinate number of mistakes or plotholes in those two seasons, but I'll admit I might have missed them. (I tend to not care about a lot of the technical details. Heck! The majority of the show is based on pure fantasy, I don't care if they get the fantasy parts really technically correct or just close enough that it isn't a glaring error that ruins my enjoyment of the show.)

So, if the point of this thread is just to remind people that the show has it's flaws and always has, I have to whole-heartedly agree. People will always have their opinions on different seasons/movies and if they don't like what's going on they'll find reasons to criticize and find fault. If they do like it they'll find reasons to praise and forgive the things that might stand in the way of their continued enjoyment of it. I think we all need to take it all with a grain of salt and with the knowledge that we're all biased on certain facets of the show.

Well said.
    Last edited by Mickey23; 25 January 2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: I really need to spellcheck! ;)
    I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
    Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Working...
    X