Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This might be a stupid, but I have an idea...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
    Hmmm... Have the Asgard ever met Janet?
    To my knowledge, no. (If I am wrong, please correct me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Because they don't want to deal with the trouble to reference someone elses francise? Because it doesn't fit their own naming scheme (of Greek heros)? Besides, I think that I've heard the Prometheus called "USAF Prometheus" or "US Air Force Prometheus" not USS.
      I don't know of anyone's mentioned this but in the Voyager episode 'Message in a Bottle' there is a ship called the Prometheus. This was made well before the USAF Prometheus made it's appearance, so both name's (Prometheus and Enterprise) are viable.

I think too much.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        The "British" as you called us. are not building an enterprise. A British business man is develping a commercial space shuttle called Enterprise, and I really dont think it would be HMS, it would be Virgin Enterprise. We should learn the difference between a British person doing something and the British doing something.
        you're right about it not being called the HMS Enterprise. since it isn't a government ship, HMS wouldn't apply but the Virgin Enterprise is being called the VSS (Virgin Space Shuttle?) Enterprise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          I don't know of anyone's mentioned this but in the Voyager episode 'Message in a Bottle' there is a ship called the Prometheus. This was made well before the USAF Prometheus made it's appearance, so both name's (Prometheus and Enterprise) are viable.

I think too much.
          There have litterally been hundreds of ship names used in the Star Trek francise, however, that's not the same as using the name Enterprise.

A) Stargate is NOT going to go out of their way, including flirting with lawsuits, to reference someone elses francise. They don't get anything out of it.

B) The US Navy already has a ship named the USS Enterprise CVN-65. The air force is not going to name a space ship the same thing as a still active and commissioned nuclear powered air craft carrier. The Enterprise is a legendary naval ship name (there have been eight USN ships with the name: a sloop in the War for Independence, a schooner also during the War for Independence, a schooner built in 1799, and another schooner built in 1831, a screw sloop in 1877, a motor boat during WWI, a WWII air craft carrier (CV-6), and the current vessel). The air force would most likely rather build their own naming traditions rather than tredding on the navy's.

Comment

No but they did download her conscience into an Asgard body and called it Heimdal.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I tend to agree with Major Fisher.

Starfleet (In Star Trek) is more of a naval body than an Airforce body, the rank system matches the navy, not airforce. So Enterprise is a viable name for a Starfleet ship.

The next BC-303 should be named Challenger, after the first shuttle accident.
              Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
              www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
              2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Working...
              X