X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kick-Kinsey View Post
    its all about ratings
    No, it's all about money. Ratings are just a means to and end, the end being money.

Comment

Sifi is canceling almost all the shows I watched. If they cancel SGA, theres no point in watching sifi channel anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_Man View Post
        Well I read an interesting post(thats also old I just noticed after posting this) on David hewlett's site that kind of suggests just that. Now if that is true I think the question is, why? Are the ratings for SGA bad? Here is what he said:

Link to the post
        David Nykl's blog also hinted at something similar.

Yeah, it might have to do with the nervousness regarding SG-1's cancellation. Skiffy in generally is very ... I can't think of a word, but other posters explained it well. Skiffy is impatient for one.

I like to think that fan's didn't recieve the season 4 changes well, but I know that's not true.

Comment

With the ratings for the 2nd half off to a lot better start than first half is an excellent sign. The 2nd half is pulling in ratings not seen since Season 3 and for "BAMSR" has not seen that many viewers since Season 2!!

The 2nd half numbers will be used by the network to determine a Season 6 pickup. So far the 2nd half is off to a good start with the first two eps having better numbers(viewership) than the Season premiere "Adrift"

As long as the fans do their part, like buy the DVDs, download on itunes, and try and watch the show live. Then things should be fine, since MGM is making money.
          sigpic

Comment

This whole thread makes me nervous. canceled doesn't mean it won't be picked up by another channel. Heck, SG1 might even come back some day.

Comment

I think i'd shoot myself if SGA did get cancelled lol.
              But on the bright side i think SGA is making money so it hopefully wont be cancelled anytime soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, the show is filmed in Canada so there are probably concerns over the show's budget since the American dollar is so weak. It was not long ago when one US dollar was worth around 1.5 ~ 1.6 Canadian dollars. Right now, they're about equal. That's like a 40% budget cut even if the show's costs don't change.

Comment

Working...
                X