This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancient Plague and the Ori

I've been thinking about the plague that the Ancients were suffering from. It was a plague that even the Ancients with all their scientific and medical knowledge (and physical ability) couldn't cure. That is one incredible plague!! I've been thinking, the Alterans spent a lot of time mucking around in hyperspace, finding a new place to live for a long time, when they left their home galaxy. The Ori however, stayed behind and continued to evolve normally. They were also probably much more in touch with their spiritual side being the more "religious" of the groups. And we know that they eventually ascended... so I think that they ascended first! And we know that they weren't the nicest bunch of ascended beings and that they have a lingering hatred for the Ancients... perhaps the ascended Ori INFLICTED the plague on the Ancients! If anything could cause a plague so bad that even the Ancients couldn't cure, an ascended being could. They could've just wiped them from existence, but perhaps they wanted to torture them rather that simply blink them out of existence, and this seemed like a fun way to do it heh

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
    I've been thinking about the plague that the Ancients were suffering from. It was a plague that even the Ancients with all their scientific and medical knowledge (and physical ability) couldn't cure. That is one incredible plague!! I've been thinking, the Alterans spent a lot of time mucking around in hyperspace, finding a new place to live for a long time, when they left their home galaxy. The Ori however, stayed behind and continued to evolve normally. They were also probably much more in touch with their spiritual side being the more "religious" of the groups. And we know that they eventually ascended... so I think that they ascended first! And we know that they weren't the nicest bunch of ascended beings and that they have a lingering hatred for the Ancients... perhaps the ascended Ori INFLICTED the plague on the Ancients! If anything could cause a plague so bad that even the Ancients couldn't cure, an ascended being could. They could've just wiped them from existence, but perhaps they wanted to torture them rather that simply blink them out of existence, and this seemed like a fun way to do it heh
    are you suggesting the ancient plague, was a prior plague on steroids? intersting...
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah pretty much! It would kinda make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
        yeah i can see where your comeing from but and i don't mean to pop the ballon here but ermm...the Ori didn't know where the Ancients when until daniel jackson and vala used the call device with the stones so that kinda blows you theory out of the water sorry......
        sigpic

now when you wake up like this in the morning you know you've had a good night

Comment

Actually I thought of that aswell. I thought perhaps that the Ori knew the Ancients were in the Milkyway, but at the time there were no other humans there. By the time the galaxy was seeded perhaps some had already ascended and hid the weapon at dekara from the Ori's view. By the time humans started to evole again most of the Ancients had ascended and were able to shield all the life in the galaxy from the Ori's view.
          Last edited by Dobberman; 19 January 2008, 03:38 AM.

Comment

ahhh...i see where your going with this the Ori wiped out the Ancients or so the thought just before the last of them "when to the higher plane" they made the weapon on dakara to re-seed the milk way and hide it the weapon from the Ori and the re-seeding so the Ori thought they had beaten them until daniel and vala used the contact device..... brilliant simple brilliant
            sigpic

now when you wake up like this in the morning you know you've had a good night

Comment

The Weapon at Dekara would have to have been used millions of years ago though in order for life to evole (I sincerely doubt it would happen in 10000 years). That would mean that there would have to have been at least some ascended ancients when it was activated (or maybe the Ori just didnt notice..). I always got the impression that the Ancients had learned to ascend long before they left Atlantis at least, in Tao of Rodney we're told that some ascended by artificially advancing their evolution, and we know there is research on Ascension in the Atlantis database. So I think people have been ascending through the ages, but only a few ever managed to do it and the rest were trying to figure out how.

Comment

I used to suspect that as well when season 9 debuted but we never got enough proof to call it that.

And I think that the Ancients ascended before the Ori, not the other way around. Remember Daniel was discussing that Merlin descended to build the Sangraal because he regonized the threat the Ori would one day become. Implying that they didn't ascend until after the Ancients did. The Ori as humans would be no threat to the Ascended Ancients.

Vala,

Comment

plot hole. We'll never know hot it happened
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

How about the plague being the Ancients version of the small pox.

They brought with them from their home galaxy and millions of years later gets out.

Of course this particular generation of Ancients does not have the immunity to the plague.

The Ori would use this particular bug for their invasion of the MW galaxy.

Comment

The plague could have come from anywhere, it could even have been something that the ancient cultivated in a test tube and it smashed and released it. We'll never know. About when the dakara device was used, it was most probably used before the ancients left MW, which was millions of years ago, leaving them plenty of time to get other life to evolve. It could even have been used when they first arrived, it was on dakara
                      Spoiler:
                      which it was stated in AoT was one of the first planets they settled.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

As said, we will never know unless an episode or movie or one of TPTB mention it. They might go into it in Stagate: Worlds the MMORPG but don't think that will be accepted as canon unless, again, TPTB say it is.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

didnt the ancinet anya have the plague or was it something else

if it was the plague from the ori it seemed that tealc sybiote managed to defend against yet a few million years ago it killed ancients or life
                          sigpic

Comment

there have been many thread's about this topic.

Comment

This is a smart idea, however it isn't quite original... in fact, Daniel Jackson mentioned at some point in season 9 (I think) about this. As far as I was concerned, that was canon since it was so strongly suggested onscreen.

As far as I'm concerned, the first indirect mention of the Ori was in season 4, "Window of Opportunity" when the plague was first mentioned. I guess I kind of considered this fact. I didn't realize it wasn't considered canon by the fandom.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                              X