This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger
    Well, that would also make an interesting challenge to any fic writers hanging around this thread
    Wouldn't it though...
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

wonder if any of them will take the hint?
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
        I think that Apophis and Anubis had some great evilness in them. Shame they both got destroyed over and over. Aphophis was killed about two times I think and Anubis figured out how to ascend forced to descend, come back to life and got destroyed in Lost City. My favourite was Anubis which is stating the obvious

Earth based. I guess Maybourne turned out to be ok after all. Kinsey is a sneakly sly. He is probably the most evil. Hope to see more of him in season eight
        The Goa'uld are, in general, too over the top; the way they dress, talk, and act. Apophis appeared to be stupid, vain, and too arrogant, which was his downfall. I don't think Apophis had the intelligence to do any real planning, whereas Ba'al and Anubis exude intelligence, confidence, and cunning. Anubis was, bar far, the best Goa'uld vilain, and I don't think he's gone for good -- I think he'll be back in some way, shape or form. Sokar was cool, but they killed him off too quickly.

Yeah, I know, Anubis was sorta Emperor Palpatine-ish, but ya gotta admit, that cloak and mini event horizon face was cool, plus did you know that Anubis' voice was different from ALL other Goa'uld? It seems like his containment mask had some sort of voice snythesizer in it or something, cuz his voice was almost, if not just as cool as Vader's in SW.

Yu is flamboyant and dull; there's nothing cool about him, if you analyze it. Nirriti was very cool -- even, seductive, and mysterious. Of course, the humanoid replicators are cool too, but they aren't really villains -- they just are trying to figure out their place in the universe. Who knows, in time, they could prove to be allies once they figure stuff out. I'm not convinced that they are totally bad.

Um, so far, the Wraith Keeper seems to outperform all of the Goa'uld in baddy-ness, except for Anubis.

Cool idea: Anubis, in his "ascended" form, gets over to Pegasus to find the Ancient City and forms an alliance with the Wraith. Won't happen, but it's a cool thought

Comment

As far as favorite baddies go, my favorite earth-turned-alien baddie was
          Col. Simmons. The actor who plays him (don't know the name) has the perfect acting ability for greedy deception and personal gain. And he also displays a rare moment of excited Goa'uld passion when he becomes a host and tries to kill Tea'lc. But then, as with most Goa'uld, he inevatibly gets blasted into space.
          The Gamekeeper: "I told you they would ruin everything.
          First, the garden. Next, the entire
          PLANET!!!"

Comment

Hey, what would happen if:

A Goa'uld took a young child as host? Would the youngster still continue to grow? I'd imagine that'd make a terrifying villain like Timmy from Passions or Gage from Pet Semetary...!! Yikes

"Yu is flamboyant and dull;", LordAnubis? LOL... that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Flamboyantly dull!
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              OK, what about the Stargate Baddies? Some of them just keep coming back for more and more (Apophis springs to mind) and some of them seem to have vanished almost before they have arrived (er... well, moving on...)
              Oh, like the Aschen? Yeah. Well they had a limited story line anyway. I fell in love with their calm, cold and quiet precision. They're smoooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                Hey, what would happen if:

A Goa'uld took a young child as host? Would the youngster still continue to grow? I'd imagine that'd make a terrifying villain like Timmy from Passions or Gage from Pet Semetary...!! Yikes

"Yu is flamboyant and dull;", LordAnubis? LOL... that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Flamboyantly dull!
                I'm sure the symb- PARASITE...would allow the boy's natural body to grow until it found a state at which it found desirable.

Comment

Setesh had a nice evil look, but didn't seem to live up to it.

Now for all time best, I'd say Unas from Thor's Hammer.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Unas... Uno?!? LOL.

Seth looked like Yanni.

As you can see the resemblance. LOL!
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

That is just wrong on so many levels.

I was thinking about something as I read through the thread. Did anyone else notice how the styles of everything changed, as the show enjoyed more success? The effects got better, the costumes got better, the stories got better. You can see where the developers became very very confident in the show.
                      In the beginning, the Goa'uld were all the same. They just wore gold armor and a gold helmet (Hathor the exception). I liked around S3 and up where you start seeing more Goa'uld and each has their own distinct style.
                      I got tired of Apophis, and he just came across as fruity from the very beginning. The way he walked, acted, and DRESSED! OMG! He didn't become really cool until S3-4.

Personally, I like many of the more obscure Goa'uld in general. Ba'al is my favorite, he just looks cool (kudos to Cliff Simon). He looks like someone you wouldnt' want to cross. I also liked Sokar a lot, and would have liked to see him developed a lot more. Nirrti and Cronus were good. I would like to see more development from the System Lords from Summit/Last Stand, Bastet, Kali, and Olokun. They, along with Ba'al, Yu, and Svarog, are supposed to be the most powerful of the Goa'uld, we should see more of them. Amaterasu intrigues me too.

As far as the Earthers go... come on... is this really the best we can do?
                      Senator Kinsey - I don't think anyone could get that far, that corruptly, with no one knowing. He also strikes me as a unique individual. I'm fairly sure, if you ask around Congress, you won't find many who will call a General (of any rank) "incompetent," or talk down about/to a General like he did. Stars are not given out lightly at all in the military.
                      Col. Maybourne - I'm not sure about him. I really don't know.
                      Col. Simmons - Where is this man's uniform?? No military officer would ever be able to get away with the things he did.
                      I don't think they did a good job with the Earth-based baddies.

Justin
                      §

Comment

For me, Nirrti and Sokar were the best. They were ruthless, vicious and had no compassion for Humans. Sokar loved torture and Nirrti loved to experiment on everyone and everything.

That's how bad guys(and girls) should be. Too bad they were *poffed* too quickly.

Comment

As for the Goa'ulds...my favorite, I guess is Baal.

Comment

Working...
                          X