This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
    I don't know that much about the drake equation, so excuse me if I get this wrong. But isn't that equation meant to calculate the statistical amount of planets that life will emerge on.
    I am talking about the ancients spreading out across the galaxy. I meant that as they would spread out, there would, after time be a substantial amount of them.
    but feel free to correct me

Drake_equation
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Well, the ancients DID reseed life in the MW.... so most likely, they were created in teh image of the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Academy3 View Post
        The ancients must have started on a single planet, and like us formed nations before other planets. I find it hard to believe that they didn't have some thing like a UN. Not to mention generally speaking if you would attack someone just because they have superior tech, your nuts(they'll blow your ass away). And as a rule on earth, which seems to be the relative reference point in the SG universe, when one country advances technologically, the others do to. And why would you attack someone less advanced then you, they really aren't a threat. And once again, how could they not have some thing like a UN.
        Um, the Unas didn't care about guns, they still would have tore you apart because they felt threatened.

Here are some examples from Stargate where the civilizations encountered were less than friendly with us or with another group of humans:

SG1:
        Season 3, episode 19 "New Ground"
        Season 4, episode 2 "The Other Side"
        Season 4, episode 9 "Scorched Earth"
        Season 5, episode 21 "Meridian"
        Season 8, episode 5 "Icon"
        Season 8, episode 14 "Full Alert"
        Season 9, episode 15 "Ethon"
        SGA:
        Season 1, episode 7 "Poisening the Well"
        Season 1, episode 8 "Undegorund"
        Season 2, episode 5 "The Condemned"
        Season 2, episode 15 'The Tower"

Even our own governments don't always agree with each other. But politics in the Stargate Universe is usually taken to the next level, which means no peace talks, only annihilation.
        Last edited by starshineRoxie; 18 December 2007, 06:14 PM.
        StarshineRoxie
        A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
        sigpic

Comment

Like Space-Monkeys?!

Damn-You Dirty Apes!

... Monkeys aren't Apes, I know, Shhh!

Comment

When they get bored, they will start looking for other species
            sigpic
            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

You know what would be cool? If the Atlantis Team found an alien species that can change into any form they wanted. Like they are organic, but they can change forms, and their origanal form looked like a sort of plant-like thing. Kind of creepy if you think about the possibilities of possible kinds of alien races out there.
              sigpic

I always liked Stargate, but then I REALLY liked it.

Comment

Shapeshifters?

Yeah, that'd be nice, except people will be complaining that it's ripping off Star Trek or something.

Comment

The Founders in Stargate? That's a bit too much ST.

We need muppets. And a race that has mastered time travel and travels in machines that a bigger on the inside. Also, we need a few rogues from that race.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    The Founders in Stargate? That's a bit too much ST.

We need muppets. And a race that has mastered time travel and travels in machines that a bigger on the inside. Also, we need a few rogues from that race.

LOL
                    sigpic
                    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      they evolved as a species after plague
                      Quoted for truth. If there was any natural life in the MW it was killed by the first Ori plague. If the plague didnt kill it the the Dakara device would have gooified it when the ancients hit the 'reset' button, weve seen nothing stops the blast from that thing (besides adrias jewlery)

Maybe something survived these 2 events on a random planet here or there, but id be suprised. Maybe something like a natural Gua'ould or a reetu or something totally alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                        Never thought of it that way, but your right. I guess the ancients only put back the human life. I wonder how the Nox survived?
                        In their floating shielded city.

Anyway, I'd like to see a race that likes to blow up Wraith Hives for kicks. Or Saiyans would be pretty funny.

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                        We need muppets.
                        Looks like Ben Browder and his buddies are coming back.
                        Last edited by Ripple in Space; 20 December 2007, 08:05 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Quoted for truth. If there was any natural life in the MW it was killed by the first Ori plague.

It wasn't the Ori plague that killed life within the MW. One of the producers stated it... I don't know where, nor when though

Comment

Since Ancients only made the gates to the planets with Human breathable atmosphere, the plague would have only wiped out all " Human-like" life forms.
                            An Alien species, with other forms of breathable atmosphere and no stargate, would have never been effected by that plague and survived.
                            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Working...
                            X