X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Teal'c leave SG-1?

Spoilers for Both SG-1 Movies and Atlantis Season 4

Obviously Teal'c is still a member of SG-1 during The Ark of Truth, but after Continuum, do you think he'll leave SG-1 and perhaps become a political leader of the Jaffa? In SG:A "Reunion," Carter says goodbye to Teal'c at the SGC, suggesting he was still a member of SG-1 at that time. However, pictures of "Midway" feature Teal'c with long hair and the kind of clothing he wore when he left SG-1 during Season 9 to join the Free Jaffa Council. This has me wondering if that episode will reveal that he left SG-1 to join his people as a political leader. If this is the case, I wonder what that means for a third SG-1 movie?

At this rate with Carter in charge of Atlantis, Teal'c with the Free Jaffa Nation, and who knows where Daniel and Vala will end up, it'll be difficult to get everyone back for a third movie.

Daneill and Vala will probally get married.

Go Green

Comment

Writers never have problems bringing in characters, if the actors sign up. For example, in "Star Trek: Insurrection" Worf literally just happened to be "in the neighborhood". I'm sure they will spend a good half-hour of the next movie getting the team back together, ala "Avalon Part 1."

Comment

My guess is as follows:

- Teal'c returns to the Jaffa to help them rebuild (as he should). He only joined us to defeat the Goa'uld, remember?
        - Daniel probably keeps working for the Stargate Program, trying to unravvel more about the Ancients and Asgard.
        - Vala will either settle down with Daniel or head back out into the galaxy to try and make a living.
        - Mitchell will keep leading SG teams on missions through the gate for Earth.
        - Carter will either keep leading Atlantis or return to Earth to conduct more research.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I doubt Vala would pair up with Daniel. She's married to Tomin, remember? She'll settle down with him, but if he's killed, then I see her staying with Daniel. She's too domesticated now to resume being a space pirate. I think she'll either pair up with Tomin or Daniel depending on wether or not Tomin is killed off.

Worf happening to be on the ship in Insurrection was played for humor. He's also just one character. It would be too contrived to have all of SG-1 conveniently in one place when a crisis occurs. I much prefer that a crisis happens, and they all contribute from different areas, slowly uniting over the coarse of the movie. Alternatively, they could simply get a recall to the SGC, which would be quick so they can get on with the story.

Comment

I think he did rejoin the Jaffa Nation.

When he first shows up on Atlantis, he's wearing the robes of a Jaffa councilman and his clothes aren't standard military greens that he's always worn. Teal'c was always torn between taking a place with his people and staying with SG1, and SG1 always took priority because of the dangers they faced against the Goa'uld and even the Orii. With them gone, I don't see why he'd not once again finally rejoin his people.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              [COLOR="Blue"]I doubt Vala would pair up with Daniel. She's married to Tomin, remember? She'll settle down with him, but if he's killed, then I see her staying with Daniel. She's too domesticated now to resume being a space pirate. I think she'll either pair up with Tomin or Daniel depending on wether or not Tomin is killed off.
              Agreed. Though i wonder what they would do with Tomin if Vala wanted to move him to earth..

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                I doubt Vala would pair up with Daniel. She's married to Tomin, remember? She'll settle down with him, but if he's killed, then I see her staying with Daniel. She's too domesticated now to resume being a space pirate. I think she'll either pair up with Tomin or Daniel depending on wether or not Tomin is killed off.

Not a chance in hell, and being married to him counts for nothing, she only did it to save her own skin.

Back on topic: Yeah thinking about it, and looking at the 'Midway' pics I think Teal'c probably has left Earth to join the FJN, but I'm sure the writer could easily find a way to bring all the team back together for another movie.

Comment

Maybe Vala marries Mitchell? Or even has a thing with Teal'c? I don't think Vala has to worry about lonely nights--she's fairly ship-able.

We already know the "ship" or vala and Daniel ended with Unending because tptb said they would NOT carry it over.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Maybe Vala marries Mitchell? Or even has a thing with Teal'c? I don't think Vala has to worry about lonely nights--she's fairly ship-able.

We already know the "ship" or vala and Daniel ended with Unending because tptb said they would NOT carry it over.
                    Have they confirmed this?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      Have they confirmed this?
                      I don't think so. TBTB only said what's obvious: the events were completely erased by the end of Unending, only Teal'c remembers what happened
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The Daniel/Vala ship was just convienient for the episode... I don't think they'll carry it on...

**And IMO they shouldn't carry it on**

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                          The Daniel/Vala ship was just convienient for the episode... I don't think they'll carry it on...

**And IMO they shouldn't carry it on**
                          MS also said it won't be carried forward....they'll probably keep us guessing in AoT for RCC's version of 'tension' but I doubt anything will come of it at the end.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Not a chance in hell, and being married to him counts for nothing, she only did it to save her own skin.
                            Er, she was married to him for almost a year. That's long enough to fall in love with someone, is it not? She may have paired up with him at first to save her own skin, but I got the impression that she fell in love with him over time. Why else would she have been so interested in trying to turn him away from the Ori in "Flesh and Blood" and "The Line in the Sand?"

To everyone else... I know that the Daniel/Vala relationship was mostly in "Unending" and thus was undone, but is it that great a stretch for her to stay on Earth and pair up with Daniel? Keep in mind that pairing up doesn't necessarily have to mean romance. It could simply mean that they're best friends.

Comment

Vala cares for Tomin but she loves Daniel. Being married doesn't mean much. Plenty of people get separated and find new partners. I doubt Vala is the type to "Omg! I can't date you 'cause I'm married to this guy who's in a cult in another galaxy!"

As for Teal'c, I'm pretty sure the team will sort of disband completely but they will always be SG-1, even if they don't wear the patch. I think it'd be cool if they decide that there will be no more SG-1 teams. It will go from SG-2onwards. But prolly not, I mean Mitchell will prolly still be leading teams through, not much else for him to be doing.
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                              X