Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a line I liked (or series of lines)

In WormHole Xtreme.

Someone (I think jack) says: "How come the Airforce allows this?
    Hammond: Plausable deniability. If anything gets out the government can point to this show

(quote may not be exact)

Also - in Ascension, Teal'c and Jack show up at Sams door with videos.
    Jack: "teal'c's seen Star Wars, what 8 times now?
    T: Nine
    Jack: If he thinks they are good they can't be that bad.
    Sam: "You've never seen star wars?
    Jack: Oh you know me and Sci Fi.

(again quotes may not be exact)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
      I can't belive that...
      m
      a
      y
      b
      e
      s
      p
      o
      i
      l
      e
      r
      s

The writers were desperate enough to write 'Chimera'.
      Bravo, well put. Except for Daniel in that lovely white tank top, mmmmmmmmmm

Leanne

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
      honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
        Sorry, I have to ask: Wouldn't your actual kinky boots be more of a Cathy Gale thing?

Oh! And my other bugbear about SG-1 would be the whole thing about Daniel's theory about the pyramids being alien landing platforms. I know the film is a different entity to the series, but he never said that! It's the wrong theory, Grommit!
        Well, I always look at it like this: most people with wacky/far out archaeological theories (especially about pyramids!) either

a) have aliens in there somewhere or

b) get accused of having aliens in there somewhere.

It's quite possible that b is the case in this instance, and a combination of lingering bitterness about the way his work was received and the knowledge that the pyramids really were built by aliens influences the way Daniel (and those around him) talk about it.
        My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
        -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
        -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
        -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

How about a real-life one...

A long time ago, at a job far, far, away, a colleague from another location visited our office. Out of the blue, in the middle of a conversation with me and a male coworker, he said:
          "Gotta go drain the dragon!"
          He then headed for the rest room. The male coworker and I shared a puzzled look, then rolled our eyes.
          Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

s
            p
            o
            i
            l
            e
            r
            s

That Felger's mother knew all about the stargate project, could call him at the SGC and that he had dolls and models and all sorts of other things that could give away secrets..sheesh.

The stupid thing they did with Makepeace in shades of grey..like anyone would believe that Jack had gone rogue..what a waste.
            ______
            Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

[Quote] Something I don't think I saw mentioned: I had a real problem in "Small Victories" when Jack--a colonel--orders Davis--a major--to blow the bomb, and Davis looks over at Daniel for a go-ahead. What? Not only was it a direct order from a superior officer, but potentially the fate of the whole planet was at stake. What the heck does Daniel have to say about anything? [quote]

I was under the impression that Jack had specificly left Daniel in charge of being responsible for setting off the bomb if things got out of hand. I appeared to me that Jack was talking directly to Daniel..not Davis when he gave the order.
              ______
              Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i can't believe jack washed his phone under the tap, that one was brilliant.
                - I want that phone!!! Seriously, does anyone know what make and model it is?

And, back OT, Sam's "chickens**t" line was way up there with Scully's "That Ratb*****d!" in Triangle for shock levels. I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head!
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

This may have already been mentioned, but I just rewatched Affinity... What's with that pink pouffy jacket! Then there was Endgame and the leathers... What are the costume people thinking when it comes to Sam's civvies these days!! Ugh!

Comment

I was wondering where the sudden obsession with pink puffy jackets came from. Affinity, eh? Guess I missed that. But then, TPTB seem determined to enhance Sam's girlishness and kill off any strength she has, so maybe the pink puff is symbolic of that.

Comment

Gemini. 'Nuff said.

Madeleine

Comment

I can't believe that in "Tinman" (S1) the mechanical clones of SG-1, who were determined to be released, just stayed as 'slaves' or 'helpers' to the guy that made them, they had built up this whole moral storyline and then SG-1 went home and the upset clones (who were incredibly lifelike) became happy campers... Pitty we never saw them again.
                        Last edited by Whistler; 08 January 2005, 08:02 AM. Reason: They who look but do not see, can let me run past thee! Oooo!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                          This may have already been mentioned, but I just rewatched Affinity... What's with that pink pouffy jacket! Then there was Endgame and the leathers... What are the costume people thinking when it comes to Sam's civvies these days!! Ugh!
                          It was a pink tweed jacket actually. They're rather popular in England at the moment (not because if Stargate tho) and u can get them in all sorts of colours. I've always hated them, everyone from the preps to my headmistress has one!

I think that the wardrobe department has something against Sam, her civvies wardrobe is terrible and it always has been! The only nice things she's ever worn were her black leather jacket, red top & black trousers and that pale blue skirt suit.

Also that black dress with a MASSIVE red rose thing on the front - what were they thinking?!?! I think I had a dress like that when I was about 5 only it was blue and white! Amanda would look gorgeous in a cloth sack but that's no reason to give her weird clothes! What happened to that amazing black and white dress that she wore to an award ceremony one time? Now *THAT* was a dress and a half!
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
                            I can't believe that in "Tinman" (S1) the mechanical clones of SG-1, who were determined to be released, just stayed as 'slaves' or 'helpers' to the guy that made them, they had built up this whole moral storyline and then SG-1 went home and the upset clones (who were incredibly lifelike) became happy campers... Pitty we never saw them again.
                            We did see them again... In season four's Double Jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                              We did see them again... In season four's Double Jeopardy.
                              I'll look that up...

Comment

How bout in Space Race when Teal'c lied and Sam covered for him and then she mocked his 'indeed' thing. It was hilarious but I never expected that! O, and in what episode did Sam say chicken****?
                                Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Working...
                                X