Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So should the prometheus have a mini stargate in it like the Tolan gate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should the prometheus have a mini stargate in it like the Tolan gate.

It would be cool if Earth made their own gate. We could build one if the Asgard helped us. Then we could bring it to planets without a stargate and build one for the planet nobody would ever think to look for us on that planet.

Originally posted by rmbeast
    It would be cool if Earth made their own gate. We could build one if the Asgard helped us. Then we could bring it to planets without a stargate and build one for the planet nobody would ever think to look for us on that planet.
    I like the idea but have their been any episodes that show that a stargate can be built other than the one where the ancient built on in Sam's basement?

Ya know another problem would be finding out the coordinates. You'd have to add a new glyph and if not all glyphs existed on all dhd's . . . but then I guess you could just use a computer model like they do at SGC.

I've not seen all the episodes so I can't say for sure . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
      I like the idea but have their been any episodes that show that a stargate can be built other than the one where the ancient built on in Sam's basement?
      The tollans did it. Episode "Pretense"
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        The tollans did it. Episode "Pretense"
        But we aren't the Tolans. Earth doesn't have the ability to build stargates. Small or big.

Comment

I believe it was said that the Tollan built their gate with the hellp of the Asgard. So that means that we could do the same thing.

Comment

Hmm, Interesting . . .

Imagine the threat if the system lords boarded and took over the ship . . . could fly around making a bad name for earth or it could even fly back to earth and unleash an attack taking the earth defenses by complete surprise.

I've seen the later half of pretense, I'll have to try and catch that episode from the beginning again.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I believe it was said that the Tollan built their gate with the hellp of the Asgard. So that means that we could do the same thing.
              They built their gate with the help of the Nox, not the Asgard. As far as we know the Tolan and the Asgard have no particularly special relationship with each other. And the Asgard themselves are still using ancient style gates (not saying they are incapable of building them, but simply that they haven't shown evidence of doing it).

And that comes back to what I said before. Earth has no ability to build gates, mini or otherwise. If we did, we wouldn't be so worried when ours was stolen.

Comment

Ohh yea it was the Nox who helped them.

Comment

Ohh yea it was the Nox who helped them.
                  We haven't even seen evidence that the Tollan know who the Asgard are.

In any case, a Regular Stargate with a DHD could be put on Prometheus. The DHD would probably make it so that the gate can be dialed when not at a planet. It would just be impossible to dial to Prometheus.

Unless we were in orbit of a planet with a stargate, and we disconnected their DHD.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know the ship would have to be in orbit on a planet.

Comment

I know the ship would have to be in orbit on a planet.
                      Maybe. A DHD might be able to calculate Point of Origin coordinates on-the-fly.
                      sigpic

Comment

Though honestly I don't see why Promie isn't being used strickly as a system defense vessel. Especially if it's still our only one and Spoilers for Atlantis Unaired Episodes
                        Spoiler:
                        it sounds like they are sending a BC 303 to Pegesus.

Comment

though that would be pretty cool, there is one problem. When orbiting around a planet only one gate can be active at a time, what if ya come near a gou'ald held planet not knowing that reinforement jaffa are coming thorugh well then your pretty screwed. Not to mention i doubt it would work, because the DHD/gate on the planet you are around (if the planet has a gate) would be the dominant one, not the one on the prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by auir999
                            though that would be pretty cool, there is one problem. When orbiting around a planet only one gate can be active at a time, what if ya come near a gou'ald held planet not knowing that reinforement jaffa are coming thorugh well then your pretty screwed. Not to mention i doubt it would work, because the DHD/gate on the planet you are around (if the planet has a gate) would be the dominant one, not the one on the prometheus.
                            Actually, we don't know what gate would be dominant. Maybe the gates all have little numbers on the side that we've never seen before, and the highest number is dominant?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                              Actually, we don't know what gate would be dominant. Maybe the gates all have little numbers on the side that we've never seen before, and the highest number is dominant?
                              345 of 40,000. Limited Milky Way Edition.

Comment

Working...
                              X