This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    While I've personally gone through a phaze of cute!Furlings, I don't see why so many arrive at the conclusion that the Furlings must be cute.

After all, even if it's Furling, not everything furry is cute. In fact, most furry animals are uncute.
    Well I thought since everything on the show as a latin dertive i looked up the latin root word for fur:

fur, furis, m. - thief

furtive - stealthy, sneaky, surreptitious: The detective did not fail to notice the suspect's furtive glance at his hands when the focus of the interrogation shifted to the blood found on the victim. Also: furtiveness. [furtivus, furtiva, furtivum - stolen; hidden]

to me it sounds like the furlings are sneaky not so much blood thirsty.

Comment

Only the aspects of the show touched upon by the Ancients are latin-derived. There's nothing indicating that the Ancient had any affiliation with the Furlings as in how they came to be or be named.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        Only the aspects of the show touched upon by the Ancients are latin-derived. There's nothing indicating that the Ancient had any affiliation with the Furlings as in how they came to be or be named.
        Yes I understand, but they may just be called that by the Ancients, I have no idea, I just thought I would look it up.

It makes sense to me that would hide themselves instead of actually being fury animals.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
          The Tauri (humans of earth) are actually the ancients. In the future (dont know how far into the future) the tauri travel back in time to hide in the past this will be revealed in Stargate Universe. As to how humans of earth started out people have many different opinions on that.
          Saw that movie, Millennium good flick

I would like a lovecraftian origin to the ancients, made by horiffic elder god nonhuman aliens as slaves and food along with another amorphous alien race, eventually escaped/rebelled/whatever. It would make the guaould enslavement of humans ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
            The Tauri (humans of earth) are actually the ancients. In the future (dont know how far into the future) the tauri travel back in time to hide in the past this will be revealed in Stargate Universe. As to how humans of earth started out people have many different opinions on that.

i know another people have said how WRONG this is but let me point out the things that are wrong with this

one) the ancients did not have time travel tech before that bloke from atlantis build it

two) the ancients did not allow the bloke to keep his research so this says to me that the ancients don't went that kinda power let alone use it

and three) you are a seer if are can you tell me the lotto numbers for next week plz? how do you know it'll be revealed in a show that hasn't even been put into the works yet TPTB are not even sure they are going to stick with the name so how do you know???
            sigpic

now when you wake up like this in the morning you know you've had a good night

Comment

Working...
            X