This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing SG-1

I know we have the two SG-1 movies to look forward to next year, and that does make me happy. But still, I must admit, watching the premiere of SGA tonight made me feel a little strange. Not having new SG-1 on before SGA just felt awkward for me. I know that feeling will pass in time, but still, I sure feel it now.

Anyone else kind of feel the same way?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I know what you mean, but this kind of forces us to do a necessary mental shift. We've always seen SG-1 as "Stargate" and Atlantis as "the spin-off". It's about time we realize that SG-1 is "SG-1" and Atlantis is "Atlantis", and both are equally Stargate.

Yeah, it was kind of weird not watching SG-1 before Atlantis, but the way "Adrift" went... wow. Just wow. Totally made up for it. Great episode!!!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. I didn't really feel strange about it tonight, cuase I came to terms with the whole thing after Unending aired. But, yeah thinking about it makes me really miss SG-1.

Perfecto!

Comment

SGA's premiere was definitely great, no doubt about that IMO. I just guess I still miss SG-1 as a weekly show is all. Maybe I'll just have to watch an SG-1 episode each week either before or after SGA.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah I agree, it's so...usually watching SG-1 made me feel that Atlantis made more sense, now you kind of don't know what's going on at each end.

But hey...at least we have something.
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

I already miss SG-1, and am so looking forward to watching the 2 films. It was weird watching Atlantis without SG-1, but I can't say I felt any less entertained.

Comment

I'm sure it will feel strange when Atlantis starts here! Although I still haven't seen all of seasons 8-10, so for me SG-1 isn't over yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                I'm sure it will feel strange when Atlantis starts here! Although I still haven't seen all of seasons 8-10, so for me SG-1 isn't over yet!
                Lucky!

Comment

yep, I'm missing SG-1 especially with Flush Gordon on right before SGA.

I would rather they put a repeat of SG-1 on before SGA than FG. I would also like to see SGA in the 8 or 9 pm slot. 10 is too late.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

premeire night... let alone any Friday night will never be the same

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance View Post
                      premeire night... let alone any Friday night will never be the same
                      That's sad, but very true. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on though.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        yep, I'm missing SG-1 especially with Flush Gordon on right before SGA.

I would rather they put a repeat of SG-1 on before SGA than FG. I would also like to see SGA in the 8 or 9 pm slot. 10 is too late.
                        Yeah, Flash definitely hasn't turned out to be a quality lead-in for Atlantis, that's for sure.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Yeah, Flash definitely hasn't turned out to be a quality lead-in for Atlantis, that's for sure.
                          Hopefully that doesn't hurt SGA's ratings....

Comment

I never watched the "new SG-1" so I can't say I miss it.

Comment

it does feel a little odd not having a new sg-1 ep to go with sga. equally it feels odd to think that we will never see the lovely analog gate on a weekly basis again.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X