This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about zatgun and the ori..

ok so i started watching stargate sg-1 from the beginning and well the question about zatgun.. i have watched now to second seasons 3rd episode.. and i was just wondering at what point did the zatgun become a stungun? as Teal'c introduced it in the season finale of season 1 he said "first one will hurt you a lot, second one will kill most of the people and the third one will disintegrate".. ok so i might remember wrong but as far as i can recall zatgun will stun the victims and then sometimes sg-1 (or the goa'uld) would shoot again to kill and then third time so nobody would see the body..
    so am i recalling it all wrong or at what point did it become a stungun?

and the question about ori.. CONTAINS SPOILERS so everyone who hasn't seen season 10 yet stop reading..
    my brother saw the season 10 finale long time after i did and well he asked me/ stated to me "well it most certainly ended dumb way.. i mean you can't tell how it all ended that will the earthteam defeat the ori or what.."
    ok so i no longer remember that well how it all went down in the season finale but like correct me if i am wrong:
    1. before the finale we had already killed the ori.. or atleast might have cos we can't tell if the weapon actually worked that we sent through the gate but we have a lot of reason to believe it did since it was after all created by ancients so since when has any of their stuff not worked..
    2. asqards gave us all their technical knowledge with what we were able to destroy ori ships.. so yes when ever we use the asqard powersource or whatever it was from which they were able to track us they can find us BUT does it really matter? i mean we don't have to turn on the powersource until we turn on the ships right? so what the heck? we build like 10 ships with the asqard technology and just tell to the ori to "bring it on"
    so to conclude this all we have killed the ascended ori and all we have to deal with is the humans that worship the ori.. so we have our 10 battleships with the technical stuff to defeat their ships and we just destroy all of their ships in the milky way and since no more ori they can't get more priors to operate the ori ships so it is a limited amount they can keep on sending to us so we just basicly put 2 of our battleships near the supergate OR go to their galaxy and wipe them out..
    Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
    HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

Originally posted by mammon View Post
    ok so i started watching stargate sg-1 from the beginning and well the question about zatgun.. i have watched now to second seasons 3rd episode.. and i was just wondering at what point did the zatgun become a stungun? as Teal'c introduced it in the season finale of season 1 he said "first one will hurt you a lot, second one will kill most of the people and the third one will disintegrate".. ok so i might remember wrong but as far as i can recall zatgun will stun the victims and then sometimes sg-1 (or the goa'uld) would shoot again to kill and then third time so nobody would see the body..
    so am i recalling it all wrong or at what point did it become a stungun?

and the question about ori.. CONTAINS SPOILERS so everyone who hasn't seen season 10 yet stop reading..
    my brother saw the season 10 finale long time after i did and well he asked me/ stated to me "well it most certainly ended dumb way.. i mean you can't tell how it all ended that will the earthteam defeat the ori or what.."
    ok so i no longer remember that well how it all went down in the season finale but like correct me if i am wrong:
    1. before the finale we had already killed the ori.. or atleast might have cos we can't tell if the weapon actually worked that we sent through the gate but we have a lot of reason to believe it did since it was after all created by ancients so since when has any of their stuff not worked..
    2. asqards gave us all their technical knowledge with what we were able to destroy ori ships.. so yes when ever we use the asqard powersource or whatever it was from which they were able to track us they can find us BUT does it really matter? i mean we don't have to turn on the powersource until we turn on the ships right? so what the heck? we build like 10 ships with the asqard technology and just tell to the ori to "bring it on"
    so to conclude this all we have killed the ascended ori and all we have to deal with is the humans that worship the ori.. so we have our 10 battleships with the technical stuff to defeat their ships and we just destroy all of their ships in the milky way and since no more ori they can't get more priors to operate the ori ships so it is a limited amount they can keep on sending to us so we just basicly put 2 of our battleships near the supergate OR go to their galaxy and wipe them out..
    ok wow. few questions there.

well first of all the zat does just give unbearable pain in the first shot. this in itself is enough to stun someone in the first shot. it's also the reason why some people are knocked out while others just get up again soon after cos of different pain thresholds for different people.

as for the ori. no they are not defeated. or at least their followers weren't. fact is that in 'the shroud' there was no way to tell if the ascended neutraliser actually worked or not. however since the movie is coming out soon we'll soon know.

as for the asgard tech. it would take a hell of a lot of time to backwards engineer the power source. if it is even possible at all. then there s the need to make the weapons too and even build more ships......it would take ages.

don't worry. the new movie will clear up the ori storyline for good when it comes out so we'll soon see.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      as for the ori. no they are not defeated. or at least their followers weren't. fact is that in 'the shroud' there was no way to tell if the ascended neutraliser actually worked or not. however since the movie is coming out soon we'll soon know.

as for the asgard tech. it would take a hell of a lot of time to backwards engineer the power source. if it is even possible at all. then there s the need to make the weapons too and even build more ships......it would take ages.

don't worry. the new movie will clear up the ori storyline for good when it comes out so we'll soon see.
      yeah we can't tell if they really are dead or not but assuming that ancient stuff usually works then they should be.. unless they managed to stop the neutralizer before all of them were gone.. but like you said soon we shall see..

didn't the asqards add all the knowledge on how to make everything and like piece to piece instructions? then how long does it really take them to build a ship.. haven't they like build almost like 2 ships per season.. so it would take time to build all the things but if they wouldn't add all the asqard stuff just the most urgent ones like 2 of their best cannons and the best shield.. i'd give it like 5 to 8 years until the whole ori followers threat would be gone.. but then again if the ori are still around they might give some drone weapons to the followers so that our shields would become useless..
      Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do only one thing correctly: tremble. Bur fear is not what you owe me.You and the others, YOU OWE ME AWE! - Francis Dolarhyde - Red Dragon

ATTENTION CHINESE / JAPANESE SPEAKERS!
      HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47319

"A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. Serpent guards eyes glow, Horus guards beak glistens, Setesh guards nose.... drips" LOL

Comment

still it isn't good enough to just build something and go 'oh look it works' you have to understand how it works in order for it tol be used correctly and you can't do that by asgard instruction alone.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Even if the Ori were originally destroyed by the weapon, the Ori are now back thanks to Adria ascending.

DANIEL
          And once Adria realized she couldn't save herself, she had no choice but to ascend.
          LANDRY
          What do you suppose this means for us?
          DANIEL
          To be honest, I'm not sure. If the Ori are still out there, then presumably she's joined the fight. But if Ba'al is telling the truth and the Ori are dead, then she just assumed all the power they once had.
          Also, it takes them a full year to build a ship. They were once able to rush one into operation early, but having to build advanced Asgard technology which probably requires materials only found in the Ida galaxy adds significant time to the building of a ship. That said, no, the Asgard did not provide them step by step intructions. They only have the interface which can help them significantly, but they still have to have a basic understanding of the technology at hand in order to understand the intructions they are given. So, it's going to take Earth a little while to figure it all out (it won't be 50 years from now, but it won't be tomorrow either) and by the time they do we don't know that the Ori won't already be defeated or that those weapons will still work on their ships. I suspect that those weapons were something the Asgard were working on to specifically exploit weaknesses in the Ori shields. After a fashion the Ori may figure out a way to take a lot more hits from them and considering they have an ascended being to work out these problems while Earth is alone and way over their heads, the Ori have the advantage. Also, it's possible the Odyssey will be destroyed in the movie and the Asgard knowledge will be lost.

Comment

If they blow up the Odyssey then I'll find a quantum mirror, and get out of this parallel universe!
            *dang, I posted about something else before posting about Zatnikitels
            The Zatnikitel has always been a stun gun. Different amounts of pain can lead to different effects on different people.For those not used to it (Early SG-1, random "red-shirt" humans, humans on other planets etc.) it would likely knock them out just from the sheer pain. For someone even like early Jack O'neill who has been with a military officer serving in combat or Teal'c who has likely been shot before, it will have less an effect than someone who has been shot with it more (SG-1~S6 and forward).
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
            X