Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just always seemed strange to me that everyone who goes with SG1 has a big backpack
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      It just always seemed strange to me that everyone who goes with SG1 has a big backpack
      they aren't so big. There are even bigger backpacks used in military. I have US 3 day assault pack and it's smaller than Vala's pack from Quest pt.1, but mine is nicer
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Though for a while there it seemed like Carter was always the one carrying the wounded around. Think Summmit/Last Stand where she's carrying Elliott around.
        What in the Hell is wrong with teal'c and his face in your sig

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Although I have to add that it baffled me as to why all of SG1 had such huge back packs in the early episodes of season one. What aspect of their missions changed over the years that allowed them to get to the point where they hardly carry anything at all?!
          The number of SG teams is what has changed.

In the early episodes, there were few SG teams and whenever SG-1 went off-world they were alone. They had to carry their supplies with them in case they are stranded or delayed in their return. By the end of the series they always had other teams with them; these teams established a defensive perimeter around the Stargate and guarded it along with the supplies, while the SG-1 acted as a recon team.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I just don't think its fair, SG1 doesn't have to carry anything while the weak scientist carry the big bags, I mean Teal'c is stronger then twenty scientist any day of the week
            Are you kidding? recall all the times the scientists have royally screwed up, nearly getting everyone killed. Recall how SG-1 had to save them .

By now, Felger should be carrying tanks on his back. Oh what? he got killed because the tank squished him? Oh well, no loss there.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Are you kidding? recall all the times the scientists have royally screwed up, nearly getting everyone killed. Recall how SG-1 had to save them .

By now, Felger should be carrying tanks on his back. Oh what? he got killed because the tank squished him? Oh well, no loss there.
              Why must you mock Felger? He is one of my favorite characters. Sure he has screwed up a few times but come on give the guy a break
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I am giving him a break. To the neck. or back. >:|

When has he made a thing that worked as intended?

Comment

Why is that when ever someone joins SG1 off-world they always have a giant backpack? Is their a reason or what?
                  it's to put many things inside

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                    I am giving him a break. To the neck. or back. >:|

When has he made a thing that worked as intended?
                    Monster, he is one of the best smart guys ever (even if he does make some
                    mistakes here and there)
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

Gotta have somewhere to put the plot devices.

Comment

When in doubt, bring everything including the kitchen sink.

This applies to newbies, as if it is their first mission on lets say scientific purposes, they'd bring gear to either help them, or gear to make the stay more comfortable.
                        Recons would need some food etc.

Bringing the backpack would apply to the person, Jackson lugged his around during The Quest as he may have had reference materials, but Vala carried hers around as it had luxury items and possible tools for thievery.

If I went offworld, extra food and water and a spare change of socks.

Comment

Working...
                        X