This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugo winners announced at Worldcon

Sadly, SG1's nominee, '200' didn't win the short form Hugo, Dr Who, 'The Girl in the Fireplace' was the winner.

I didn't win fanartist either (but I have two Hugo's, where would I put a third? ) but congratulations to the winners.
    http://www.thehugoawards.org/

FF who's chuffed by the winners of the fanzine and long form editor Hugo's as they are friends.
    sigpic

Of course, you didnt just post this to honk your own horn though ay?

Havent seen S10 yet but anything in SG has to bee heaps better than Dr Who
    sigpic

Comment

Too bad SG1 didn't win though I am happy Doctor Who still won. "The Girl in the Fireplace" was an excellent episode.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Zatarc View Post
        Of course, you didnt just post this to honk your own horn though ay?

Havent seen S10 yet but anything in SG has to bee heaps better than Dr Who
        Not sure how I can 'honk my own horn' when I didn't win this year?
        I'm very pleased for my friends who did, such as Geri, Randy, Frank, Ian and The Langford and Patrick NH. I was getting texts from during the ceremony, technology gets faster and faster every year.

The Who episode which won isn't my favourite. Smart money is on the Who episode 'Blink', another Steve Moffat episode, to be win next year, but I'd bet on Heroes, that show is shaping up to be the new fan favourite.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

I have high hopes for "Blink" next year, a truly great episode. Very innovative.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            I have high hopes for "Blink" next year, a truly great episode. Very innovative.
            'Blink' is fab, it scared me in the way old fashioned Who used to when I was a kid. The Autons and The Green Death haunted my childhood.
            'The Girl in the Fireplace' was a worthy winner.
            I think my favourites so far have been 'Father's Day' and 'The Empty Child'; which felt more like Sapphire and Steel than Who, but was just so good.

FF
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
              (but I have two Hugo's, where would I put a third? )
              That's how.

But I didn't mean anything malicious by it, just a playful jibe . Conngratulations though on your past successes
              Last edited by Zatarc; 01 September 2007, 04:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                Too bad SG1 didn't win though I am happy Doctor Who still won. "The Girl in the Fireplace" was an excellent episode.
                INdeed. And Joe Mallozzi himself said that he was a fan of "The Girl in the Fireplace" and considered it worthy competition so I guess if ya gotta lose it's better to lose to an ep you yourself respect and enjoy.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X