Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't commenting on her level of fame or attractiveness for that matter, but I wondered why someone who is (presumably) up-and-coming in celebrity would go for a role that covers her in makeup and prosthetics that make her completely unrecognizable for acting/modeling/casting scouts.

Vinnie Jones comes to mind. He played Juggernaut in "X-Men United," he's not an especially famous actor, and X3 was a huge Summer Blockbuster that was in a whole other league than his previous performances. Yet he wasn't going to do it unless they rewrote & redesigned the Juggernaut to don a mask that allowed his face to be visible.
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 23 August 2007, 09:45 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

I don't know about that, Vinnie Jones was already a fairly well-known actor prior to X3. Whether you liked them or not, a number of the films he'd been in to that point were either tremendously popular or else achieved a large cult following:

- Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
      - Snatch
      - Gone in 60 Seconds
      - Swordfish
      - EuroTrip
      - She's The Man
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Pfft, Lock, Stock and Snatch were in a different league to X3!

Comment

I don't think any movie Vinnie Jones has done are the same league as X3, but he's others movies have done very well so it's not a surprise that he'd want himself to be visible in a movie.

He was also in Survive Style 5+ so he's also got some acting credits in Japan (pointless bit of trivia).

I think that if he had started off as a relative unknown, then things may have been different. I can honestly say i'd never heard of Frizzell until she had started to do SGA, so it could have been a matter of just not being able to find a better role due to lack of experience or credibility.

sigpic

Comment

Why is she hiding her face?

I figure she's happy with life as it is and isn't too concerned about getting her face "out there". Plus, Wraith Queen has GOT to be a fun role. Plus it's a good role for her. She's tall, and has a HUGE mouth. That doesn't make her any less pretty though!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
              She's tall, and has a HUGE mouth. That doesn't make her any less pretty though!
              No, certainly not
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                She's tall, and has a HUGE mouth. That doesn't make her any less pretty though!
                You make her sound like a succubus. Actually thinking on this, I can see a Wraith equated to one as logical.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Incidently she's apparently going to be on "Flash Gordon" tonight without the monster makeup.

Comment

Working...
                  X