Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont care how much u lot write because the ori would win hands down because all the prior has to do is raise his staff in the air n slm it down into the ground n the replicators will be layd unto dust n the prior would just walk over them. if you talking about foot soldiers thast another story, u all know whod win then but reffering to the title of the forum: priors hands down!!!

Comment

I think it's going to be somewhat difficult to make a fair debate on this based on what visual evidence we've seen in the series, due to the fact that Ori technology is incredibly inconsistent despite the fact that it's pretty much the same as the Ancient's for the most part, and thus should be far more advanced than just about anything else in the known universe to date. One of my biggest complaints being the infamous deus ex machina tide-turner in 'Unending', despite the fact that I liked the episode as a whole.

That being said, the best comparison that I would go by would be the official statement from TPTB when they announced the Ori for S9. Mallozzi himself stated that the Ori were far, far more powerful than the likes of the Wraith and the Replicators, although he most likely meant the Ori proper and not their worshippers. Of course, due to the fact that the series got cancelled prematurely, I honestly suspect that TPTB never truly had the opportunity to further develop the Ori and show us what they were actually capable of (kinda like how the Goa'uld were given significant upgrades in later seasons once SG-1 had gotten somewhat more accustomed to dealing with them).

Of course, I'm also really disappointed that all evidence thus far seems to suggest that 'Ark of Truth' will fully resolve the Ori arc (and in a rather convenient manner to boot), when I was hoping that it'd just resolve the story in part from S10, with the Ori themselves (or at least their armies) still being around to pose a threat in possible future movies.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPALER View Post
        i dont care how much u lot write because the ori would win hands down because all the prior has to do is raise his staff in the air n slm it down into the ground n the replicators will be layd unto dust n the prior would just walk over them. if you talking about foot soldiers thast another story, u all know whod win then but reffering to the title of the forum: priors hands down!!!
        And because we know that priors don't need a breathable atmosphere to survive, they have an advantage that no other beings had before the replicator disruptor weapon: hunt the Replicators on the ship surface and in tiny crevasses where Replicators would be relatively safe from harm and could multiply easily. We've seen no limit to what telekinesis can do so anyone claiming that the Ori forces would lose to the Replicators forces is flat out wrong.

Comment

Good points there. Although surviving in a toxic atmosphere is not the same as surviving in zero atmosphere (no pressure), but it's possible the priors can do that too.

Also, we don't know the limits of telekinesis.

But on a similar theme (sort of) we have seem the replicators evolve immunity to asgard beaming. A human form replicator resisted Thor's effort to beam him away. So it's quite possible the replicators could find a resistance to telekinesis.

Comment

^

Actually, from what I can recall of 'New Order Part II', the Replicator in question did not adapt to the beaming technology but rather had gained control of numerous key systems onboard Thor's vessel at that point (admittedly though, within a ridiculously short timespan which would've put the Borg to shame), the beaming technology included and was thus able to abort the process.

Comment

Ah, OK, my bad.

I guess if a replicator managed to get into a priors head (wouldn't be easy) then they could learn how the prior skills work.

Comment

I think Repli-Carter might return soon

Comment

managing that the repliactors survived, that would mean they still have some ascended knowledge that replicarter took from daniel and shared it with her brethens..

maybe using that knowledge the replicators could easily take over the ori forces..

if not that then once they get on to a ori ship then they could probaly improve the ship abit maybe take out the shield flucation and go hunting for more ori ships and with their power improved could get more replicators onto that ship....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                    1) Replicators would rape up the Ori forces.
                    2) Priors would get information from Ori about magical frequency which can disrupt newest replicator blocks.
                    3) Ori forces would rape replicators.
                    4) Surviving replicators will run away, hide, adapt and come back in force.

This process will repeat itself until one side dies. The Ori will probably lose because they can't match the force-production capability of replicators.
                    I agree with you. I haven't read all the posts so I'm not sure what kind of ideas people had. however this scenario seems pretty realistic to me. and even if the Priors can survive certain conditions and have special abilities, the replicators are increadible little machine pieces as we've seen many times. and it'd be pretty hard to destroy every last of them since only one of them has to 'survive' to rebuild a fleet or something and retaliate (like you say in 4)
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The replicators generated fields from themselves I think, to resist teleports etc. If they can generate any kind of field at all then their sheer numbers and quick rotation of said fields would see them coming up with an anti-prior generator in-built in every replicator within a matter of minutes? With the threat of the priors taken away and the ascended Ori's inability to interfer for fear of the Ancients. The replicators would simply adapt to Ori mothership technology, become immune, and then devour.

Comment

Working...
                      X