This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earth ship landing on atlantis proof?

i was watching the episode "Pegasus project" of sg1 season 10 and i noticed something right after the opening credits. its a bulge on the right side of the city that doesnt really corrolate with other pictures of the city. u decide. here r two pics, one far off and the other has the area is circled. what do u think?
    Last edited by apollo22; 15 November 2007, 02:08 PM.

Yes... Earth Ships can land on Atlantis... I really don't understand what your getting at.

Comment

They've shown the Daedalus up close landing on Atlantis. I don't recall the episode at the moment. But, Atlantis would have to be able to land ships on it. The Ancients had warships. Where else would they park them?

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
        i was watching the episode "Pegasus project" of sg1 season 10 and i noticed something right after the opening credits. its a bulge on the right side of the city that doesnt really corrolate with other pictures of the city. u decide. here r two pics, one far off and the other has the area is circled. what do u think?
        *squinting**removing very thick prescription glasses**rubbing eyes**squinting again**

I think you have the eye sight of an eagle--I can't make out a thing.

However, I do recall the Deadelus landed on the south or east pier of Atlantis a number of times.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Just looks like a lump to me.

The Daedalus lands in the water beside a pier until we get a CLEAR screencap that tells us differently.

Comment

That has to be the bow of Odyssey. Of course it has to be confirmed by someone with season 10 HD-DVD package.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Just looks like a lump to me.

The Daedalus lands in the water beside a pier until we get a CLEAR screencap that tells us differently.
              watch the siege part 3 again. i'm possitive they land ON atlantis. It's after they go nuke 2 or 3 hives and get beat up on.

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
                watch the siege part 3 again. i'm possitive they land ON atlantis. It's after they go nuke 2 or 3 hives and get beat up on.
                Absolutely, I remember that clearly. Daedalus lands on the east pier. And I think others are right in that that isn't the only time it's happened.

No, it isn't landing in the water, it's clearly on the pier. I don't know where to get shots from that episode so I can't help proof it to those that don't remember ... but watch the episode again if you really don't think it does.
                "The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Stargate

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

Comment

It definitely does land on the pier, I remember seeing it a few times throughout the series, plus it has been mentioned quite a few times as well. And I do recall seeing a wallpaper someone had made that was a shot of the Daedalus physically on the pier.
                  I can't make too much out on that picture myself but it will be either the Daedalus or the Odyssey. But my money is on the former as they were flying in on the Odyssey at the time. But then again it could be another CG goof.
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

And like the CGI people don't make mistakes. They SAY that they grant them permission to land ON the east pier not besides it. I don't tend to believe that that "spray" of water is proof of it landing in the water. I'm sure it could but why should it? Ok to tell you the truth i would like it better if they landed in the water but hey the pier sounds nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
                        They do land on the pier. i remember it too and i am sure i have seen ships land on the pier in other episodes of Atlantis. i cant make out the pics though. that bulge could be anything
                        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                        sigpic
                        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

High quality landing pic

Comment

Originally posted by Sirick View Post
                            Yes... Earth Ships can land on Atlantis... I really don't understand what your getting at.
                            i am getting at that it shows the bow of the ship extending out the side of atlantis. this view of it has never been showing before.

and to both jenks and wraith_boy' pics it is definetly over water. u must be blind if u cant see that

Comment

Here we go again.

I really don't give a damn what the dialogue says, because we SEE that the Deady lands on the WATER. How do you know if it's not the actor who made the mistake of saying "on" instead of "beside"? The CGI is approved by TPTB directly, so they'll know if something this wrong is indeed something they don't want.

Also, note the tiny poles ("streetlights") sticking out of the edge of the pier. They show us where the edge of the pier is, there is no going around that one. The Deady lands in the water, END OF STORY.

Once more, I put out my challenge: if anyone thinks the Deady still lands on the pier, do provide visual evidence instead of just saying "I remember" or "I recall".

Comment

Working...
                              X