No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the English assignments I did online mentioned Atlantis a bunch of times, one mentioned O'Neil (with 1 L ), and another mentioned poking LCD screens, like in the Atlantis transporters.
    I'm wondering if the guy who wrote these things is a sci-fi fan since he also mentioned Star Trek in 2 other sentences.
    sigpic

Comment

The other day I was waiting to turn out onto a road and opposite me there was a sign on the wall with an arrow showing directions to 'Stonegate' a couple of blocks up the road. I had to do a double take and make sure I read it correctly!

Comment

crest/logo/patch... i use them interchangably
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

There was a guy working at my school last year and the first time I saw him in the corner of my eye I could've sworn that he was Walter.

Also, every time I listen to the Beatles' "Rocky Raccoon." This is the line that does it:
          but Daniel was hot,
          enough said.

Comment

O.o I'd gone out to see what was on TV. it was on the Disney Channel. Wizard's of Waverly Place, something like that. Saw this guy being weird. I think he ran out after that. I thought, "hey, he looks like David Deluise! He looks like Pete!" just now went on DD's imdb page. He is in 4 eps of that show. I got freaked out.

Comment

I was listening to my radio today to my (current) radio station and the following happened.

Rodney: I got good news and bad news. The bad news is, the Replicators are working with the Wraith.
              John: what's the bad news?
              Rodney: I just said the bad news.
              Carter: While I got good news
              Rodney & John: What is that?
              Caldwell just saved a bunch of money on the Daedalus by switching to Gieco

THEN right after thwat commerical was a notation for Atlantis tonight at ten PM EST, I couldn't believe it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

So I just realized this, but the time on the washers we have here for a colors load is 38 minuets. I'm probably going to laugh every time I do laundry from now on.
                I'm here in the sense that my consciousness is here, if not in any physical form.

Comment

Had exams. Having more tomorrow. Apparently, kid that's sposed to sit 3-4 seats behind me is called Emma McKay.

Comment

My cell phone got stolen last week, so my sister gave me a new one. I typed this phrase to greet me each time I switch on the new phone :

"Chuck, dial Earth !"

Comment

Watching the fireworks at the local park the other week, some of the fireworks when they were fired looked kinda like drones rising out of the Antarctic in 'The Lost City'

Comment

At this quiz bowl today, the answer to a question was "homeland security". I had to stop myself, almost said "homeworld security".

Comment

My car has a Chevron design on the inside of the hood, I just found it today when my dad was changing the oil on the thing

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I had one over the Thanksgiving weekend.

2 of my neices took quite time to mean roll on the floor beating on eachother and yelling so after I set them on the floor looking at a wall I asked if they knew what quite time meant. (They are 12 and 10) All I got was a shoulder shurge out of the 12 year old and I told her it means....

A little less talk
                            A little more shut the heck up.

Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell:
                            The hard part of this team is not risking your own life, it's watching your friends take chances with theirs.

Comment

my professor gave us the prompt: Aliens from another planet, with vastly superior intelligence to humans, land on earth in order to consume humans as food. What argument could you make to convince the aliens not to eat us that would not also apply to our consumption of beef?

he read the prompt out loud to us, and before he could finish i yelled out "like the wraith!"
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                                my professor gave us the prompt: Aliens from another planet, with vastly superior intelligence to humans, land on earth in order to consume humans as food. What argument could you make to convince the aliens not to eat us that would not also apply to our consumption of beef?

he read the prompt out loud to us, and before he could finish i yelled out "like the wraith!"
                                LOL!
                                What did he do then?

Comment

Working...
                                X