This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Restaurant?

(My apologies if a topic like this has already been posted.)

I was in New York City last weekend, going out to eat with my family, when I could have sworn I spotted a Stargate Restaurant. I thought I had gone crazy and misread 'Starbucks', but I looked it up after I got home and sure enough, it's real...

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantd...0&cuisineid=22

Does anyone know whether or not it's based on the show or not? I couldn't find any decent information on the place other than where it's located and whatnot, though I also read in few places that's there's one in Disney World as well.
    Make it spin!

they have a phone number, ask the owner

tables have to be made from replicator blocks though, and reception would be a lookylikey hammond saying "..............family/party your table is a go, godspeed", and jaffa waiters who know what you want just cos you said "kree".
    asgard sweet trolley {minus the "yellow ones", we know they're bad }

it could just be a spin off restuarent too...........

"ba'al's barbecue shack", "jack's seafood restaurant" or maybe the "ascension eatery"

i'm going to bank to get a business loan tomorrow its a shoe in, who could say no.......................
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

That's interesting.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Pity that link did not include a pic of the restaurant..

Comment

i was just at Disney world and didn't see a stargate restaurant, the restaurant itself probably isn't related to stargate or else it would have been common knowledge around here

Comment

I was just at Disney World too! Anyway, at MGM there is a Scifi Diner, but alas I couldn't convince anyone else it looked great, so we didn't even go in darn it! At Magic Kingdom, there's a Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - which I have eaten at NUMEROUS times since my first trip there in the late 80s - not Stargate related, darn it! That's in Tomorrowland. I don't recall anything in Epcot that was Scifi-ish.

We're not too far from NYC though, so next time, I'll try to look up the stargate restaurant!!
            WAMS 352

Comment

the starlight cafe is awesome it had the best food in disney

Comment

Originally posted by Meg-Ann View Post
                (My apologies if a topic like this has already been posted.)

I was in New York City last weekend, going out to eat with my family, when I could have sworn I spotted a Stargate Restaurant. I thought I had gone crazy and misread 'Starbucks', but I looked it up after I got home and sure enough, it's real...

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantd...0&cuisineid=22

Does anyone know whether or not it's based on the show or not? I couldn't find any decent information on the place other than where it's located and whatnot, though I also read in few places that's there's one in Disney World as well.
                I've never eaten there so I can't really say. I'll have to check it out.

MARS 2112 is really cool though.

Comment

Checking out the menu, I suspect it's just a coincidence that the restaurant was named Stargate. There is nothing to indicate that it's a themed restaurant.

It has quite an extensive menu however. It made me hungry.

LOL
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

The show isn't the only cultural stargate reference either. Isn't there also some spiritual movement based on a stargate and Egypt? Perhaps it was one of the inspirations for the movie. In any case, googling stargate will get you more than just sites about the show.
                    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Cool! I'll have to make sure I go there when I visit NYC this summer.
                      sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

Hi there,

I walked by this restaurant today. It's just a normal every day diner, nothing special about it and has nothing to do with Stargate the TV show or movie. Has normal diner food. It's on 3rd and 88th. I work on 86th and Lexington so it was just a few minute walk.. Maybe I'll eat there for lunch one day though.

-Scott

Comment

yeah nothing to do with Stargate , it looks preppy and expensive too
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Wow. That's very intresting.

Comment

If you were going to open a Stargate Restaurant what would be some of the menu items?

How about...

"Teal'c's Homemade Donuts"
                              "Rodney's Lemon Chicken"

What else?
                              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                              it has it's own laws and beats about things
                              which the intellect scorns."
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                              X