Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans don't have an impact on creative decisions, MALLOZZI says.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
    If this fellow Mallozzi doesn't care about our opinion, I don't see why should we care about his.
    I for one don't, he is nothing but trouble, unfortunately he will be writing the show next season and that I do care about. He needs to realise that the fans are the most important thing about the show, that isn't arrogance simply fact, if the fans switch off, for whatever reason, Mr Mallozzi will be looking for a new job.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      An interesting (if, as Mallozzi himself says, "brutally honest") interview from the Chicago Tribune's blog section.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune...._tapping_.html

Regarding Amanda's crossover into Atlantis, Beckett's demise, future character shake-ups (or downs, as the case may be), and Mallozzi's view on fan contribution/interaction vis-a-vis popular opinion(s):

Oh yes, there's more where that came from. G'head and read the whole article for yourselves. But you might want to keep your stress-balls clutched tightly in your sweaty fanboy/girl palms, irrelevant and immaterial though your frustration(s) may be.

minigeek
      Good for them! keep up the good work joe.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

mallozi obviously thinks that his SUPERIOR writing skills have kept the shows running (and kept SG-1 going for 10 yrs). well he is wrong, it is the fans who keep the show going. Maybe he should take on board a few fan ideas.

he will know how wrong he was when he has lost his job and atlantis is cancelled.
        Last edited by Team SG-1*save the show*; 21 February 2007, 01:18 PM.
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

This is how I see it. Viewer reaction or fan reaction is noted. To say that if 10,000 people write in, that it has no impact, is untrue. Of course, if one person sends 10,000 emails, that's spam.

While the producers can think we're idiots with the IQ of a low watt appliance bulb, I suppose that's their perogative, but Mallozzi is of the attitude that it's amusing (to him) to say so on his blog and elsewhere. I don't watch the show for him (lord no) but for the characters. I intentionally ignore who writes an episode until after it's over, then go back and check to see if it's one of my favorite writers of if the piece of dreck was penned by the idiot who thinks he's god's gift to tv viewers

And being intentionally vague on the Beckett thing is simply stupid - if the BSG creators can drop massive spoilers in the press on UNAIRED ANYWHERE episodes (which are securely hidden by spoiler tags by the Chicago Tribune) why can't Mallozzi?

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
            If this fellow Mallozzi doesn't care about our opinion, I don't see why should we care about his.
            It doesn't really make a difference wether we care about his opinion or not though does it?

Comment

the way i see it, the writing staff view these sortsof forums and if they see a good idea they'll be more than willing to try to implement it. on the other hand they won't bow to preasure. which is how it should be.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                And being intentionally vague on the Beckett thing is simply stupid - if the BSG creators can drop massive spoilers in the press on UNAIRED ANYWHERE episodes (which are securely hidden by spoiler tags by the Chicago Tribune) why can't Mallozzi?
                Well, Paul McGillion's article in Starburst suggested that TPTB would kill him off because they (I quote) "need[ed] to shake things up a bit." Now, we all know that backfired when some smart fans (not me) could put together the puzzle pieces and figured out who's gonna meet his maker. That N. John Smith informally conceded Beckett's future as true, that was the final nail in the coffin for any online fan who was still in doubt. (Never mind the stupid accidental(?) release of the producer videos interviews on the MGM website.)

What Joe's doing is TPTB's last effort to keep with their original goal: to shake things up when it finally happens. And I can't really blame him for that.

And please don't make any mentions about BSG. I'm still in S1 (unvoluntarily I might add) and I haven't heard of anybody's deaths or game-changers yet. So for me no massive spoilers have been dropped and I'm fine with that because I enjoy to live in ignorance until BSG S3 comes to me. If BSG creators are fine with releasing major spoilers, that's even more reason for me to stay away from BSG articles than before.
                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
                  The heartache and the anger – fans would save themselves a lot of that if they would wait and watch the episodes. I’m sure they are already starting their letter-writing campaigns. But in our case, to be brutally honest, they don’t really have any impact on creative decisions.”

Mallozzi isn't saying that they ignore all fan opinions, just the ones based on incomplete spoiler information, which I agree with that completely.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                    mallozi just thinks that his SUPERIOR writing skills have kept the shows running (and kept SG-1 going for 10 yrs). well he is wrong, it is the fans who keep the show going. Maybe he should take on board a few fan ideas.
                    Holy crap! You can read his mind?! Quickly! Tell us everything he knows about Season 4! Now!

Well anyway, just read through this huge thread (tripled last I checked). Seems things stayed relatively calm for the most part, thank goodness. Still, I stand by my position. Joe didn't say anywhere that he ignored the fans. It's just that the fans don't dictate their (and it is "their", not just Joe; I see that it's incredibly easy for the fandom to harm the messenger) creative decisions.

And once again, people miss that and jump to conclusions. Oh! Joe hates us! He brushes us aside like nothing! NO! He's not doing any of that. If he did, he wouldn't be taking up more than half of his blog with questions from fans! He cares, just not as much as some here wants him to.

And you know what? Too damn bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Major Davis was given the first name fans christened him with, but Lorne was quite blatantly NOT given a name that any of the two or three cliques used. Just for clarity's sake.
                      Mmhm, ok, my bad, i thought he was
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i think there's a fine line between 'oh man, you know the x/y shippers are gonna go ape nuts over this line' and 'mmhm, yeah, i really like this group of shippers, why don't we put in a scene between x and y and brighten up thier day'

Heck, even i can read the spoilers and go 'great, so and so's fans are gonna have hisy fits over this'....and if i can do it based on spoilers, they sure can when they have the whole script laid out in front of them
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, fans' opinions are clearly not taken into account. Skiffy's "opinions" on the other hand...

Fans control the ratings, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is how I see it. Viewer reaction or fan reaction is noted. To say that if 10,000 people write in, that it has no impact, is untrue. Of course, if one person sends 10,000 emails, that's spam.

While the producers can think we're idiots with the IQ of a low watt appliance bulb, I suppose that's their perogative, but Mallozzi is of the attitude that it's amusing (to him) to say so on his blog and elsewhere. I don't watch the show for him (lord no) but for the characters. I intentionally ignore who writes an episode until after it's over, then go back and check to see if it's one of my favorite writers of if the piece of dreck was penned by the idiot who thinks he's god's gift to tv viewers

well said
                            Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                            sigpic
                            sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

The B@B could take some lessons on dealing with fen and fandom in general from Ron Moore, at least from his actions in the early seasons of BSG. I haven't watched since midway through Season 2, so I don't know if he kept going with his early take on things.
                              sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                              ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                Would fans save themselves a lot of heartache by not getting worked up over changes/situations on the show? Of course they would. But is that ever likely to change? Of course not. It's part of human nature to react to things they don't like and it's hardly limited to events on a TV show. In fact, I think it happens in most aspects of life- business, sports, family, friends... Folks react based on available information, speculation, rumors, insider tips, gut instinct whatever.

And if fans should be careful about reacting too negatively before something airs, maybe they should be careful about reacting too positively, too. I know I would have saved myself a lot of pain and heartache if I hadn't bothered to like Jonas as much as I did. And if fans stopped caring about Certain Characters on Atlantis then their departure(s) wouldn't matter as much and they'd be more willing to accept the coming changes, right?

Somehow I think a policy of disaffection and apathy isn't going to work well in the long run.
                                Yeah fans shouldn’t get too attached to the show. Who cares if it gets cancelled its just a show. All that save the show stuff is such a waste too as we have zero impact. Why do people waste their time.

Funny how it’s only a waste to him when it is critical to him. When it’s the fans loving the show, then its no longer a waste. You know why? Because they make money from having fans. Hey but as long as the “artist” enjoys his work who cares if he doesn’t make money from it.

Someone earlier said we should just enjoy the “privilege” of watching the show. ROFLMAO. People should enjoy their privilege of eating at McDonalds too (who cares if it used to be a Wendy’s and the owner changed his franchise). Oh and make sure to enjoy the privilege of working Microsoft Vista too. No need to complain if they change something, it’s the company’s vision, if you don’t like it too bad. Its not like you are their customer and have a right to voice discontent or anything, just deal. ROFLMAO.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X