Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the accepted best ever Stargate Episode ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the accepted best ever Stargate Episode ?

And is there a generally accepted best run of shows ie series....whatever.

"Window of Opportunity" seems to be well-liked, as well as "The Fifth Race"

Comment

I don't you're going to get one single episode named as best ever as people have different tastes. I personally have various favourite episodes including 'window of opportunity', 'The Fifth Race', 'Meridian' and 'Lost city' but there are more and I can't pinpoint a lone episode to take that title. It depends on the person, some like action, some like humour, some like deep thinking episodes and some like emotion episodes etc etc.

Comment

You're not going to find consensus on best-ever episode. Like others above have said, it's really divided amongst a select few favourite episodes, which seem to be:

The Fifth Race
        Window of Opportunity
        Meridian
        Abyss
        Lost City
        Reckoning
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          You're not going to find consensus on best-ever episode. Like others above have said, it's really divided amongst a select few favourite episodes, which seem to be:

The Fifth Race
          Window of Opportunity
          Meridian
          Abyss
          Lost City
          Reckoning
          Are all these above from one particular season, what I`m meaning is that does Stargate have an accepted peak with a show or within a series ?

I`m thinking of back tracking to get more into the show and basically I`m after guidance on a good place to start, if not at the beginning.
          Does that make sense ?

Comment

Originally posted by saltier View Post
            Are all these above from one particular season, what I`m meaning is that does Stargate have an accepted peak with a show or within a series ?

I`m thinking of back tracking to get more into the show and basically I`m after guidance on a good place to start, if not at the beginning.
            Does that make sense ?
            "The Fifth Race" and "1969" were in Season 2, "Window of Opportunity" in Season 4, "Meridian" in Season 5, "Abyss" in Season 6, "Lost City" in Season 7, and "Reckoning" in Season 8.

Really, I'd recommend just starting at the beginning. That's really the only way to get the most out of the experience.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              "The Fifth Race" and "1969" were in Season 2, "Window of Opportunity" in Season 4, "Meridian" in Season 5, "Abyss" in Season 6, "Lost City" in Season 7, and "Reckoning" in Season 8.

Really, I'd recommend just starting at the beginning. That's really the only way to get the most out of the experience.
              Or at least watch the full first and second disks of season 1 so you get the set-up for each of the main characters.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Personally I think probably Stargate reached its zenith in Season 7. Others could argue that Season 5 was the best. I feel 7 was probably the best basically because it was the last season where the original cast was all together and working together in relative equal portions. Daniel came back, Jonas left, we found out alot about the Ancients, and defeated the most powerful G'ouald to that time, Anubis. What do you all think?
                "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
                - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

'WoO' is going to show up a lot on this list. It's awesome! I have so many favs I can't pick even just a few to put down, but I will say I've always loved 'Fail Safe'. My favorite seasons would have to be 3 and 4, I think. And 7 is really great. They're mostly really great. Just start at the beginning-you'll enjoy yourself!

Comment

I think it's either supposed to be 'The Fifth Race' or 'Threads', with 'Reckoning' and 'Lost City' (both parts 1 and 2 for each) coming in closely after. Although a number of people I know of also really dug 'Camelot'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                      I think it's either supposed to be 'The Fifth Race' or 'Threads', with 'Reckoning' and 'Lost City' (both parts 1 and 2 for each) coming in closely after. Although a number of people I know of also really dug 'Camelot'.
                      Quite a few titles being quoted by a few different posters.

But this Window of Oppurtunity keeps cropping up.

So if someone had never seen Stargate and you wanted to "hook" them with just one hour long show..........................which one would you pick, I think I`ve finally worded that better.

Comment

oh this is a toughy, but theres so many well written and awesome stargate episodes that have been made over the years

Window of Opportunity funniest episode
                        The Fifth Race Just awesome in its own way, speaks for itself
                        Lost City = best episode EVER
                        Reckoning Part 1 and 2 pretty good specially all the gates turning on
                        48 Hours love that episode lol
                        The changeling and Abyss was just a great daniel return plot
                        Homecoming......meh fair alright along with full circle

i think those and a couple others are some of the best
                        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                          oh this is a toughy, but theres so many well written and awesome stargate episodes that have been made over the years

Window of Opportunity funniest episode
                          The Fifth Race Just awesome in its own way, speaks for itself
                          Lost City = best episode EVER
                          Reckoning Part 1 and 2 pretty good specially all the gates turning on
                          48 Hours love that episode lol
                          The changeling and Abyss was just a great daniel return plot
                          Homecoming......meh fair alright along with full circle

i think those and a couple others are some of the best
                          Think I have seen Lost City, and possibly The Fifth Race, but speaking from hindsight its difficult to gauge how I viewed these episodes, in comparison to others.
                          Usually when I see SG1, I enjoy, regardless of story, plotline etc.
                          To me its a feel good show.

As a Star Trek fan raised on the Original Series its almost forced upon you that the greatest Trek was The City on the Edge of Forever, but to me there are so many plot failings in it.

I prefer Balance of Terror.

One day I may have a definitive Stargate SG1 episode.

Thanks for your guidance

Comment

umm glad i could help lol

yes i to know what you mean about people saying that The City on the Edge of Forever was the best....i dont see it though, as u said Balance of Terror.......im a tomorrow is yesterday fan lol

but considering the content of stargate.....id have to say Lost City is still the best regardless, because the episode made me feel good lol, especially when the F-302's and the Prometheus came saved SG-1's butts lol

And i probably won't change my mind because RDA is gone now and he was the essense of SG-1 to me
                            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                              umm glad i could help lol

yes i to know what you mean about people saying that The City on the Edge of Forever was the best....i dont see it though, as u said Balance of Terror.......im a tomorrow is yesterday fan lol

but considering the content of stargate.....id have to say Lost City is still the best regardless, because the episode made me feel good lol, especially when the F-302's and the Prometheus came saved SG-1's butts lol

And i probably won't change my mind because RDA is gone now and he was the essense of SG-1 to me
                              Yes I agree re RDA, (my first abbreviation, how quaint ) once he seemed to leave the show, it wasnt the same.

He is the essence of SG1, I know enough to realise that.

PS Charlie X

Comment

Working...
                              X