Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    (Zuze! Where's my Puddle Jumper?)
    Sweet!
    Zuze!
    Sweet!
    Zuze!
    sigpic
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

why is there a chick named Katana? O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        Why not?

Comment

I have played way too much Mortal Kombat for that name to be randomly showing up on Atlantis.
          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

It always makes me think of Highlander - the sword that Duncan uses.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Well, those Japanese swords are called Katana
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Well, those Japanese swords are called Katana
                Yes - that was my point.

Who do you all think they might cast? I'm hoping for Gina Torres-for some reason that's who I've been picturing in the role ever since I read about it, but I think the chances are probably pretty slim. I read a rumor somewhere though that they wanted Gina for the role of Larrin but couldn't get her at the time because she was pregnant. I don't know if that's true or not.
                Last edited by Killdeer; 26 May 2008, 08:41 AM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

I was hoping for Vanessa Angel as Katana - y'know, give her some leather to cover the basics and leave the rest open - and there ya go, the ratings will rocket

Hm, Gina Torres could work I guess. But we'll have to wait for tomorrow for Joe to announce it.
                  Mia: Don't you hate that?
                  Vincent: Hate what?
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                    I was hoping for Vanessa Angel as Katana - y'know, give her some leather to cover the basics and leave the rest open - and there ya go, the ratings will rocket .
                    Anise? LOL - no, I doubt she'll be back. Though anything's possible I suppose.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...y-john-scalzi/

May 26, 2008

Photo: An old photo of David Hewlett giving a thumbs up to "The Android's Dream" by John Scalzi.

Write-Up: What else, "The Android's Dream"!

Questions:

Shansgrl writes: “If you don’t have any other plans at the time, any interest in coming to Shore Leave?”

Answer: Believe it or not, I have no idea what that is.

Crazymom writes: “You folks aren’t on any kind of hiatus there, are you?”

Answer: Not yet. We’ll be heading off for our month-long Summer hiatus in mid-June.

Arctic Goddess writes: “ How important is it to the actor to have first billing in a series?”

Answer: Is this some sort of trick question?

(zuz smilies: guarenteed to make you more not misspell)
                      Last edited by PG15; 26 May 2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                        Why not?
                        Well its a type of sword. You wouldn't find someone called Sub-Machine Gun or Recoilless Rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Yes - that was my point.

Who do you all think they might cast? I'm hoping for Gina Torres-for some reason that's who I've been picturing in the role ever since I read about it, but I think the chances are probably pretty slim. I read a rumor somewhere though that they wanted Gina for the role of Larrin but couldn't get her at the time because she was pregnant. I don't know if that's true or not.
                          Originally posted by TBA View Post
                          I was hoping for Vanessa Angel as Katana - y'know, give her some leather to cover the basics and leave the rest open - and there ya go, the ratings will rocket

Hm, Gina Torres could work I guess. But we'll have to wait for tomorrow for Joe to announce it.
                          Both Vanessa Angel and Gina Torres are too old for the part if the casting info (a very attractive female in her 20's) is correct. Vanessa is 41 and Gina is 39.
                          Spoiler for OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          I am disappointed Jill Wagner can't reprise her Larrin role for this episode especially since some promos for the show (Wipeout) she will be co-hosting on (causing her to be unavailable) have come out. They look like ABC is ripping-off Takeshi's Castle/MXC on Spike TV and Ninja Warrior on G4. The emphasis so far is how bad and out of place some of the contestants are in an athletic event and how much the hosts can make fun of them. I sure hope Jill is being paid well for the show, because it is not something I would wish to see her in. I would rather see her concentrating on serious acting roles.
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                            Both Vanessa Angel and Gina Torres are too old for the part if the casting info (a very attractive female in her 20's) is correct. Vanessa is 41 and Gina is 39.
                            Oh. I missed that about the casting info. *sigh*

Thanks Redhooks.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Well its a type of sword. You wouldn't find someone called Sub-Machine Gun or Recoilless Rifle
                              Speak for yourself. My first child is going to be P-90.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I am disappointed Jill Wagner can't reprise her Larrin role for this episode especially since some promos for the show (Wipeout) she will be co-hosting on (causing her to be unavailable) have come out. They look like ABC is ripping-off Takeshi's Castle/MXC on Spike TV and Ninja Warrior on G4. The emphasis so far is how bad and out of place some of the contestants are in an athletic event and how much the hosts can make fun of them. I sure hope Jill is being paid well for the show, because it is not something I would wish to see her in. I would rather see her concentrating on serious acting roles.
                                I didn't know that. I love you.
                                YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
                                Spoiler:
                                Im not a big fan of Larrin's. The less Larrin, the better!
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X