Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, "Owned" basically means that you've bested somebody at something, most likely in computer/video games which is where it came from.

Oh heck, just look here. I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Well, "Owned" basically means that you've bested somebody at something, most likely in computer/video games which is where it came from.

I'm sure learning a lot today Thanks hon, it all becomes clear now

Comment

Well, darn it! That explains a few posts I've had directed at me from a youngster or two on this board. I think I should have taken more offence than I did!!!! I've only just started to get the hang of text speak and now this comes along. What will they think of next? And what on earth is wrong with plain old english?
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

That's AD for you.

Entertaining and enlightening at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
            Well, darn it! That explains a few posts I've had directed at me from a youngster or two on this board. I think I should have taken more offence than I did!!!! I've only just started to get the hang of text speak and now this comes along. What will they think of next? And what on earth is wrong with plain old english?
            Don't know, but I see more and more slang on this board these days, to the point I guess bypass threads with too much of it

I don't think it matters if he can handle it or not (and he can, it's obvious), because I'm still not going to stand by and let it happen HERE, since he can't defend himself HERE.

But Sky's right; let's leave this topic be for now.
            see below

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Er, I didn't say he needed protecting, did I? I pointed out that here, on this public forum, we respect others, and so belittling anyone is not allowed because it's disrespectful. Executive producer or fan, makes no difference.

To nitpick right back at you, those are JM's private thoughts. They may not be his only ones, certainly, and they are ones he doesn't mind sharing. But as he isn't posting in a professional capacity there, I'd say it's a private blog, that is open to all. Let's not bandy semantics, eh?

As for Sky's quote. I can't speak for her, but if you read the portion I've quoted below, I believe she was saying he's a big boy who can say what he wants, not that nobody should or shouldn't protect him. And then she said if you don't like it, don't read it...
            I'll still stand by 'personal' over 'private' as private is limited (such as privacy policies you sign at work). His blog is open to the entire world. His blog is personal, but he talks about work so that's professional, giving fans info otherwise not available to the public. It's an odd hybrid, really.

Anyway, the big thing seems to be that people insult him on his blog, but however, on the ohter foot, people on this board rip apart those people, anonymous or not, on this board... so, shouldn't all snarky comments about those people cease on this board? If belittling Joe is disprectful, belitting a fellow fan falls into the same category.

And I've noticed the attitude here and there of some fans jumping in on his blog comments page to stand up for JM time and again. That's what I meant by 'protect.'

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Don't know, but I see more and more slang on this board these days, to the point I guess bypass threads with too much of it

see below

I'll still stand by 'personal' over 'private' as private is limited (such as privacy policies you sign at work). His blog is open to the entire world. His blog is personal, but he talks about work so that's professional, giving fans info otherwise not available to the public. It's an odd hybrid, really.

Anyway, the big thing seems to be that people insult him on his blog, but however, on the ohter foot, people on this board rip apart those people, anonymous or not, on this board... so, shouldn't all snarky comments about those people cease on this board? If belittling Joe is disprectful, belitting a fellow fan falls into the same category.

And I've noticed the attitude here and there of some fans jumping in on his blog comments page to stand up for JM time and again. That's what I meant by 'protect.'
              You say tom- ah- toe, I say tom- ay -toe

I did say, did I not, in the very post you quoted above:

Original post by Linzi:

"I pointed out that here, on this public forum, we respect others, and so belittling anyone is not allowed because it's disrespectful. Executive producer or fan, makes no difference."

Thus dissing anyone ain't allowed....

Now, where's PG hiding that flocking?
              sigpic

Comment

own3d or should it be jown3d

*runs out the thread*

Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  own3d or should it be jown3d

*runs out the thread*

Hehehehe
                  Touché
                  sigpic

Comment

I only make fun of the Anonymous posters since, for all I know, they aren't real and are just spam bots made to spew bile onto Joe's blog.

It's a perfectly valid position. After all, they're anonymous.
                    Last edited by PG15; 04 August 2007, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I only make fun of the Anonymous posters since, for all I know, they aren't real and are just spam bots made to spew on bile onto Joe's blog.

Er, touché again!
                      sigpic

Comment

I only make fun of the Anonymous posters since, for all I know, they aren't real and are just spam bots made to spew on bile onto Joe's blog.

Heh.

We're in a pickle now though, aren't we? This is a thread which reports Joe's blog and discusses it. Joe's blog is personal (I agree with Prion, personal not private) so he can write what he wants there, including responding to/mocking the Anonymii and/or 'sourpusses' and their hangouts. Does that mean reports of Joe blogging said Anonymii/sourpusses and their hangouts etc. can't be quoted/mentioned/discussed here, on the thread set up to report/quote/discuss his blog?

Blergh.
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                          Heh.

We're in a pickle now though, aren't we? This is a thread which reports Joe's blog and discusses it. Joe's blog is personal (I agree with Prion, personal not private) so he can write what he wants there, including responding to/mocking the Anonymii and/or 'sourpusses' and their hangouts. Does that mean reports of Joe blogging said Anonymii/sourpusses and their hangouts etc. can't be quoted/mentioned/discussed here, on the thread set up to report/quote/discuss his blog?

Blergh.
                          I only make fun of the Anonymous posters since, for all I know, they aren't real and are just spam bots made to spew bile onto Joe's blog.

I seriously doubt bots are asking questions about Stargate, and if that were the case, why acknowledge them? but yes, this thread is for discussing Joe's blog, but I don't think we're here to mock other fans, anonymous or not, or to mock/flame/vivissect other fan groups/boards....

Comment

Thanks guys! I try...I try.

Hey guys, look what I found:

Courtesy of Agent_Dark, who linked to it on Joe's comment page today.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              this thread is for discussing Joe's blog, but I don't think we're here to mock other fans, anonymous or not, or to mock/flame/vivissect other fan groups/boards....
                              Well, those fans' comments ARE part of Joe's blog.

If we don't get to mock them based on their comments, then we shouldn't mock Joe either, yes?
                              Last edited by PG15; 04 August 2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Well, those fans' comments ARE part of Joe's blog.

If we don't get to mock them based on their comments, then we shouldn't mock Joe either, yes?
                                Nah, it's ok for people to hang crap on the big people in charge with ridiculous opinions and comments, but when they find that same crap hung upon themselves it's suddenly Not The Right Thing To Do.

Comment

Working...
                                X