Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
    yay for carter (getting Full colonel...that's a cool thing for the character)
    *punches the air*
    scarimor

Comment

*shrugs* I don't get ranks, what does it mean? Is she now like Hammond & Jack?

Well I hope so as they really do need a Hammond type character in charged on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        *shrugs* I don't get ranks, what does it mean? Is she now like Hammond & Jack?

Well I hope so as they really do need a Hammond type character in charged on SGA.
        Colonel is the highest 'field grade' officer rank. To get promoted to a Flag or General Officer in the US military (Brigadier General, what O'Neill was promoted to at the start of s8, and above in the US Air Force), you need to be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel...ited_States%29
        An Air Force colonel typically commands a wing consisting of several thousand people with a Command Chief Master Sergeant as principal NCO advisor. Colonels are also found as the chief of staff at divisional level-(Army) or Numbered Air Force-level staff agencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...ited_States%29

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          Colonel is the highest 'field grade' officer rank. To get promoted to a Flag or General Officer in the US military (Brigadier General, what O'Neill was promoted to at the start of s8, and above in the US Air Force), you need to be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._rank_insignia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel...ited_States%29
          An Air Force colonel typically commands a wing consisting of several thousand people with a Command Chief Master Sergeant as principal NCO advisor. Colonels are also found as the chief of staff at divisional level-(Army) or Numbered Air Force-level staff agencies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...ited_States%29
          LOL! I feel like O'Neill! *or Homer Simpson* Can you dumb it down a bit? Is that a yes or a no? I hear ranks and my mind tunes out I'm afraid.

Basically is she now in the same league as Jack or does she still have a ways to go?

Comment

I wonder if they'll promote Cam as well.
            'Cause co-command is such a pain when someone out-ranks you.

Comment

LOL! I feel like O'Neill! *or Homer Simpson* Can you dumb it down a bit? Is that a yes or a no? I hear ranks and my mind tunes out I'm afraid.

Basically is she now in the same league as Jack or does she still have a ways to go?
              No O'Neill is a General Officer (Major General), the same rank atm as Hammond was when he commanded the SGC. Carter is a Field Officer (Colonel). She'll be in the same league as O'Neill was back when SG1 first started.

Comment

No O'Neill is a General Officer (Major General), the same rank atm as Hammond was when he commanded the SGC. Carter is a Field Officer (Colonel). She'll be in the same league as O'Neill was back when SG1 first started.
                Thank you; now I understand. But um, where is Sheppard then?

Comment

Sheppard is a Lieutenant Colonel, which is a rank lower than a Colonel.

Comment

Sheppard is now under Carter. of course, by phrasing it this way, someone will no doubt see it in a whole new and, er, cough, cough, personal way Yes, we can start rumors of Sheppard-Carter romance stories now, which would be, um, hmm, what would the acronoym be...Sharter?

Comment

Sheppard is a Lieutenant Colonel, which is a rank lower than a Colonel.
                      Or, to put it another way, Carter will be the same rank as Caldwell... a full Colonel, as opposed to Sheppard's Lt. Colonel, which means that she outranks him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Sheppard is now under Carter. of course, by phrasing it this way, someone will no doubt see it in a whole new and, er, cough, cough, personal way Yes, we can start rumors of Sheppard-Carter romance stories now, which would be, um, hmm, what would the acronoym be...Sharter?
                        Sharter!
                        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Carpeted!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've never understood those name combinations for pairings.... What's wrong with just Carter/Sheppard or Sam/John lol. Hollywood 'reporters' using names like Bradgelina is bad enough, I don't need to see it here either

Comment

I've never understood those name combinations for pairings.... What's wrong with just Carter/Sheppard or Sam/John lol. Hollywood 'reporters' using names like Bradgelina is bad enough, I don't need to see it here either
                              Psssst! *We're taking the p*** out of the practice..*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                Psssst! *We're taking the p*** out of the practice..*
                                But why? It's not like it's something that needs to be taken the piss out of. It should just be all locked away in the darkest corners of the internet never to be mentioned again

Comment

Working...
                                X