Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
    I've got to say something. Lol.

Okay, in the comments on Joe's last blog, I (name over there is My Name Is Scott) made a snarky tongue-in-cheek comment about whumpers, in which I was absolutely kidding, because I'm a fan of the occasional whump myself.

A lot of people were angry.

1) CHILL

2) I was kidding, I'm a "light whumper" myself

3) Since when did Joe's comments page become a forum?

Moral of the story: I was kidding, making a snarky reference to what Joe had just said was going to happen in Doppelganger. SO. That being said, my apologies for my sarcasm not transferring well to this medium. Cool.... buh bye. :-D

And the people who were angry... Cheeky Lil Devil and others. I LOVE YOU! FEAR NOT! I'M NOT A HATER! :-D
    Ahhh so you're the stirrer . Hon, just to let you know, I don't get angry, I was just trying to educate you a lil bit. As sometimes (and I know this shouldn't happen, but it does) things 'spill over' shall we say from Joe's blog to here, and I didn't want any more fandom wars, I think we have enough to contend with, without adding the whumpers to the list.

So no probs my end, it just didn't read as tongue in cheek, more of a pop at the whumpers. *to be said in a yoda voice* Words are a powerful thing, use them wisely you must.

....okay that really sounded better in my head. But in my defence i've not had coffee yet.

And before I go... JM's pics squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      That's only until I actually look at the calendar. It's the looking that determines the outcome. Or maybe I'm wrong. But then that would be right, too. ...Right?
      I kinda thought you'd be both wrong adn rigth til you watch the episode That's the looking that really counts!
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Since he let it. It's like a mini GW forum (or any other) with the good, the bad and the ugly

Comment

I've got to say something. Lol.

Okay, in the comments on Joe's last blog, I (name over there is My Name Is Scott) made a snarky tongue-in-cheek comment about whumpers, in which I was absolutely kidding, because I'm a fan of the occasional whump myself.

A lot of people were angry.

1) CHILL

2) I was kidding, I'm a "light whumper" myself

Moral of the story: I was kidding, making a snarky reference to what Joe had just said was going to happen in Doppelganger. SO. That being said, my apologies for my sarcasm not transferring well to this medium. Cool.... buh bye. :-D

And the people who were angry... Cheeky Lil Devil and others. I LOVE YOU! FEAR NOT! I'M NOT A HATER! :-D
          Hey, no offense taken here. I quite like the image you mentioned, well except for limbs being torn off, that was sort of icky, and a good Shep whumper always likes Shep to be, er, intact by the end of the eppie...if you know what I mean
          Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          Ahhh so you're the stirrer . Hon, just to let you know, I don't get angry, I was just trying to educate you a lil bit. As sometimes (and I know this shouldn't happen, but it does) things 'spill over' shall we say from Joe's blog to here, and I didn't want any more fandom wars, I think we have enough to contend with, without adding the whumpers to the list.

So no probs my end, it just didn't read as tongue in cheek, more of a pop at the whumpers. *to be said in a yoda voice* Words are a powerful thing, use them wisely you must.

....okay that really sounded better in my head. But in my defence i've not had coffee yet.

And before I go... JM's pics squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          Good old Cheeky, out to educate the fandom in the joys of whump and shirtless Shep! You don't ever get angry Peg, it's true. Your posts in JM's blog always put a smile on my face! Nice make-up on the piccie though. It's great to see these behind the scenes shots!
          sigpic

Comment

Heh, feel special because I normally don't talk like this, but I suppose I owe you a moment of this...

I'm bisexual, so I can TOTALLY understand the shirtless Shep deal. :-D

Okay, stopping with that before I annoy myself.

What would you do though? Out of honest curiosity... if there was an episode where his arms were torn right off, but some Ancient device allowed them to get reattached by episodes end, would that be over-the-top or interesting? To be totally honest, that would be pretty cool to me. It'd give a "Whoah... they went there" kind of feel to the episode, and make it a little more dark.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

What would you do though? Out of honest curiosity... if there was an episode where his arms were torn right off...
              *finger in ears* "Lalalalalalalalalalaaaa I can't hear you lalalalala..."

(I love whump, but... lalalalalalaaaaaaaaa!)
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

I'm with Scarimor on this one. That would be a little too grahic for me personally. I like there to be character development and vulnerability with my whump, but I'd honestly not want to see any character suffering too much physically. So the vice was fine, but the other stuff just a little too much for me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  I'm with Scarimor on this one. That would be a little too grahic for me personally. I like there to be character development and vulnerability with my whump, but I'd honestly not want to see any character suffering too much physically. So the vice was fine, but the other stuff just a little too much for me
                  ITA! way to graphic a bit too OTT for this little whumper I like my whump to be meaningful and as Linzi said character development and vulnerability always makes the whump.

loved JM's pics of the "sparring scene" made me more than a little happy

Comment

There's whumping and then there's ugly and unpleasant violence. While TPTB can be a little sick and twisted, they've sunk nowhere near that level.

Neither Stargate is that dark and for either of them to suddenly veer in a graphically violent direction would be probably do even more damage than all the casting changes combined. There will, as always, be some who'd appreciate a dark and violent Atlantis, but with the producers trending more and more towards the lighter, comical eps, I just can't see it happening.

So yay for TPTB for not turning Atlantis into a sadomasochistic blood-and-gore extravaganza.

Oh, and while that kind of violence might work very well on other shows (and I might even appreciate the "dramatic impact" of it), what would be the point of going through all that arm-ripping horror only to have the character grow new arms at the end? It's a cop-out. And it'd turn the whole arm extraction scene into nothing but violence for violence's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Hey, no offense taken here. I quite like the image you mentioned, well except for limbs being torn off, that was sort of icky, and a good Shep whumper always likes Shep to be, er, intact by the end of the eppie...if you know what I mean

Good old Cheeky, out to educate the fandom in the joys of whump and shirtless Shep! You don't ever get angry Peg, it's true. Your posts in JM's blog always put a smile on my face! Nice make-up on the piccie though. It's great to see these behind the scenes shots!
                      I agree that's just not squee... bit too graphic for me. heheh, but that's it how would someone be able to be put back together after that? ANyway I digress....

Shirtless Shep is a quest that could never be ignored, but as i've said before i'm all for equal ops, if JM were to have Shirtless Ronon or Shirtless Lorne i'd have no problem with that and so I don't start a fandom war on my own i'm not averse to having McKay shirtless either (my friend would definately have another fangirl moment, lol. She's never recovered after seeing Rodney nekkid under the sheet, so I say turnabout is fair play... but alas I digress again.

Heh, feel special because I normally don't talk like this, but I suppose I owe you a moment of this...

I'm bisexual, so I can TOTALLY understand the shirtless Shep deal. :-D

Okay, stopping with that before I annoy myself.

What would you do though? Out of honest curiosity... if there was an episode where his arms were torn right off, but some Ancient device allowed them to get reattached by episodes end, would that be over-the-top or interesting? To be totally honest, that would be pretty cool to me. It'd give a "Whoah... they went there" kind of feel to the episode, and make it a little more dark.
                      hehehe come join the party I don't think i'd like an eppie like that. I'm all for whumping but there's whumping and there's OMG

Originally posted by scarimor View Post

Come to the darkside hon, you know you want to

There's whumping and then there's ugly and unpleasant violence. While TPTB can be a little sick and twisted, they've sunk nowhere near that level.

Neither Stargate is that dark and for either of them to suddenly veer in a graphically violent direction would be probably do even more damage than all the casting changes combined. There will, as always, be some who'd appreciate a dark and violent Atlantis, but with the producers trending more and more towards the lighter, comical eps, I just can't see it happening.

So yay for TPTB for not turning Atlantis into a sadomasochistic blood-and-gore extravaganza.

Oh, and while that kind of violence might work very well on other shows (and I might even appreciate the "dramatic impact" of it), what would be the point of going through all that arm-ripping horror only to have the character grow new arms at the end? It's a cop-out. And it'd turn the whole arm extraction scene into nothing but violence for violence's sake.
                      I agree with you, I don't want Atlantis to go down that path. But keeping on topic *waves to the mods* JM said the series was planning on going darker, which personally I love especially the angst moments. So I wait with baited breath

Comment

But keeping on topic *waves to the mods* JM said the series was planning on going darker, which personally I love especially the angst moments. So I wait with baited breath
                        Baited breath? That's a bit fishy, if you ask me.

As for the show getting darker... Pfft. I believed them the last time they said that and instead we got Michael.

Comment

Baited breath? That's a bit fishy, if you ask me.

As for the show getting darker... Pfft. I believed them the last time they said that and instead we got Michael.
                          I'm getting down with the whole Shakespeare lingo How am I doing?

*giggles* Ah hon you not impressed with Michael... oops wrong thread, scratch that.

*tries to keep on topic*

What do you think JM meant by Atlantis going darker? Only tell me tomorrow as i'm off to bed now.

Comment

What do you think JM meant by Atlantis going darker? Only tell me tomorrow as i'm off to bed now.
                            More of the team making genocidally stupid, morally obtuse decisions for the sake of a bit of melodrama which will be forgotten by the next ep. More of the team not learning from their mistakes. More of the same old stuff dressed up in different clothes and given different names, but still ultimately the same.

Comment

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

May 24

Photos: Food, the non-exploding M&M's courtesy of the Save Weir Compaign*, Sedge!!, and the ever nefarious Cliff Simon, no doubt preparing for his role in Stargate Continuum!

Write-Up: Food review of the wedding anniversary dinner; Joe's sister's fodder for a blog-to-be, and editing Reunion:

I was in editing all day today, trying to shave some eight and half minutes off of the Reunion director’s cut. It took me a good part of the day to get through the first three acts, then an hour to step back out of the catacombs and have my eyes readjust to the sunlight.
                              Questions:

Neep writes: “I have realised that Don lied. He lied to me and my friend. How very dare he! Now that I think about it, he might not have actually lied about not returning for the films... He said, "Generals don't just keep popping back from retirement you know. It just doesn't happen."

Answer: It’s funny you should say this because when I was talking to Don on his first day here, he told me to apologize to the fans for telling them exactly that.

Plastschu writes: “ Will the deleted scenes be in the episodes or we can watch them only separated? We heard from Michael Shanks that 22 minutes were cut out from the Bad Guys. How many minutes are cut out by an avarage episode? 4-5 minuteS?”

Answers: The deleted scenes will be separate from the actual episode. As for how much time is cut out of an average episode - that really depends on the episode. Some are long while others actually come in short.

Alipeeps writes: “Can you tell us where in the airing order this episode will fall?”

Answers: As things stand, the airing order will be - Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, Doppelganger, Travelers, Tabula Rasa, Missing, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, This Mortal Coil.

Be All My Sins Remember'd, Spoils of War

Anonymous #1 writes: “Someone who was at a recent con said that Torri's been in five of the first ten episodes, not four. Is that correct??”

Answer: That is incorrect.

Anonymous #1 also writes: “Is there a chance for her to be in more in the second half of the season?”

Answer: It’s possible.

M writes: “When do you all (ie cast and crew) take your summer break from filming?”

Answer: It looks like we’ll be off for a couple of weeks in early July, then taking a long weekend so that we can all head down to Comicon.

Kristine writes: “Do you hide Jason Momoa's tatoo on the show? What are the rules about that? Did he have to ask you before getting the tatoo or did he just do it?”

Answer: Jason’s new tattoo came as a bit of a surprise and we ended up writing it into Reunion. In general, the actors don’t have to ask us permission when making personal decisions, the only exception of course being who they date and/or marry. In the event they are looking for love, they will advise us well beforehand, giving the producers time to put together a list of appropriate candidates based on show business bakcground, compatibility, and value to the show.

---

* - just in case; I am, of course, joking. I don't want any reds (or whites) for this.

Comment

May 25

Eh...the last update was erased. So, because I'm lazy, I'll just post the link to this day's entry:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-25-2007.html

You didn't miss much; well, Joe was terribly sick, but...well, it wasn't Stargate related (maybe); here are the stuff that's directly related to Stargate:

---

Speckles writes: “But next time could you post Torri too...i've noticed you never really tend to post Torri, it's always everyone else.”

Answer: I always make it a point to ask whether a person would mind having their picture taken and making a blog appearance. If they’d choose not to, I won’t bother them again.

Anonymous #1 writes: “What will viewers think of a autistic character in Atlantis?”

Answer: I think that if he/he is well-written, there’s no reason why the audience wouldn’t embrace him/her. For a great book featuring an endearing autistic protagonist, check out Elizabeth Moon’s The Speed of Dark.

UberAmanda Fan writes: “As a writer, which frustrates you more...finding out an episode is too long or too short?”

Answer: Being short is the worst as it necessitates you writing additional scenes that all too often aren’t as essential to the story.

Anonymous a ecrit: “Est-ce que nous retrouverons Andy Frizzel pendant la saison 4?”

Reponse: Peut-etre.

Jace writes: “Should we assume then that Jonas is dead, and that we won't ever see the character again, or is there the potential for the character to come back should the story and actor allow it?”

Answer: I would not assume he’s dead. Although we have no plans to bring him back at present, you never know.

Aske writes: “Do any of the dogs (pets) get to be extras in any of the episodes?”

Answer: Yup. I believe Rick’s dog was in Singularity and Chain Reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X