Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
    I think Robert Davi would be happy to know this if GW's recent info is correct!! I asked this question due to a small spoiler recently revealed by a different actor who I like. Although, an actor being in an episode is not much of a spoiler, unless the episode is an end of season cliffhanger where you don't know if the character will be back. I think this happened recently on the new BSG with Starbuck. Never liked the new one due to all the changes made from the one I loved when I was in 6th grade. I liked the old concept, they just needed more thought out stories back then.

Yes, i read that, and hopefully if that's the case, it's a dream sequence, otherwise the show definitely jumps the shark by making Shep's team look awful stupid for leaving a live Kolya behind. Plus it would make Beckett a horrid doctor too.

Comment

May 21

Photos: Oji's restraunt, food within said restraunt, and, yes, those are in fact sets for Stargate Continuum. Oh yes, gonna be interesting.

Looks like "Homer" is getting an upgrade.

Write-Up: Oji sucks, apparently. Tell your friends.

Questions:

Lorr54 writes: “Do y'all ever plan which episodes would play well together, or is the order they air based purely on the indivdual series?”

Answer: Whenever possible, we do try to have episodes play off one another. We’ll be seeing more of this in season four.

Mags writes: “Do you read all the comments yourself or have somebody pre-screen them for you?”

Answer: I read most of the comments myself. Occasionally, I’ll only need to read as far as the first couple of sentences to realize I should hit the reject button. All other comments do get read even though I may not respond to all.

Bebop writes: “Ae we looking at the return of Kolya later in this season or next?”

Answer: Probably not this season.

Kiwigater writes: “It'd be nice, if, on occasion, I felt like you had even some iota of respect for us as well.”

Answer: Sorry, Kiwigater. I thought it was clear from my response that I was referring to fans who make up their minds about a creative decision before they’ve seen a given episode (for instance, all the angry posts about Vala joining the team that seemed to die down considerably when the episodes in question actually aired). Honestly, if I didn’t respect the fans, I wouldn’t be taking the time to interact with them.

Anonymous #2 writes: “You mentioned the Wraith goggles the other day! My friends and I are always on about "Where did he get those goggles?"

Answer: He picked them up at The Vancouver Public Pool’s lost and found along with a spear gun and an all too tighty-whitey speedo. Wraith have no shame.

Arctic Goddess writes: “What does a Creative Consultant do?”

Answer: It really depends on the person and the production. They can do everything from earn their keep by weighing in on all creative decisions to simply swing by a production office every second week and collect a pay check for having their name on the credits.

Comment

Hmph, well, if yesterday's entry didn't garner some attention, I'm sure this one will, if only from the Thunkers.

May 22

Photos: And which thunkers was I talking about? Why, good ole' Danny boy's of course! Featured are 4 pics of Michael Shanks in various, uh, non-sexual poses (yeah, didn't want to raise your hopes too much).

Also featured (you can drift off now) are: a very strange Battlestar Galactica DVD cover featuring the A-team, Martin Wood standing in front of various displays, a tilting set, Martin Wood tilting along with said set, and Mr. Don S Davis, returning to portray General Hammond once again!

Write-Up: It was Victory Day in Vancouver this weekend, so going back to work after that = good? Not for Joe; but still, the work on Stargate is pretty damn good compared to that dirty bar or that chocolate factory (seriously). So, what's in store? Well, for one, the "breaking" of the Beckett 2-parter has begun!

Now, Joe didn't say that, but he did say that they were breaking the story of a 2-parter, and since that's the only one I can think of that still needs to be broken, I'll make that assumption.

Also, what's coming up on The Sopranos? Michael Shank's break from filming Continuum, this bit for "Adrift":

After being regaled by the other producers’ golf tales (“I used my sand widget to chip it in from the bunker flats!”), we gathered in Robert’s office to watch the producer’s cut of Adrift. Lots going on in this episode with some terrific visual effects sequences, some hard decisions made, and even an opportunity for Dr. Z to shine.
        This bit for "Doppleganger":

Next up - the Day 1 Mix of Doppelganger. What a difference sound effects and music make! I predict this one will be a fan favorite with plenty of fiendishly creepy sequences, some nice character moments as we delve into each player’s nightmare scenario, and a Sheppard beat-down to beat all Sheppard beat-downs.
        Hmm...ok, I'll get the mop, you guys get the concrete to build the dam to contain the inevitable drool flood. Moving on...

Filming for Continuum? Other stuff? You betcha!

After lunch, I dropped by the Continuum set where Martin Wood and Peter Woeste were preparing their next shot. A short walk over to the FX stage found Will Waring shooting one of the This Mortal Coil walk and talks. He just finished his director’s cut of Reunion which is timing in at a little over seven minutes. I hate to say it, but it looks like I may have to lose a scene or two. Hopefully I can convince Ivon to do another deleted scenes special feature for this season as well. Another short walk over to Stage 2 and I was just in time to watch them test the gimbaled set for Continuum. As they started her up, I took one giant step over and positioned myself facing a corner of the massive structure, assuming that in the unlikely event the sides dropped off, they would collapse to either side of me and I would be able to walk off relatively unscathed. I know, I know. Silly of me. It was all very safe in Wray Douglas’s infinitely capable hands. Nevertheless, I did experience a few seconds of sheer terror when they decided to test the thing - while I was inside. It tilted. It rocked. It shimmied and shook. My life flashed before my eyes. Martin and Paul, meanwhile, were casually spitballing a story which could make use of the magnificent set once Continuum was done with it.
        It's a pretty big day as Joe meets RDA on his way back to the office, and later, Don Davis! Whew, that was a lot.

Also, SciFi likes "Be All My Sins Remember'd"

Dammit.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “What do you, personally, think happened to all of the viewers who have left the shows? Do you think that the ratings could ever go back up from here?”

Answer: Personally? I think t.v. viewership is down across the board, and cable in particular, because audiences (particularly tech-savvy audiences like ours) have discovered alternate ways of watching their favorite shows, ways that are trickier to gauge when it comes to gathering ratings. Also, I think the 6-month lay-off hurt us. Also, I think there’s an alien conspiracy to undermine scifi television in general.

Silver writes: “In Ties that Bind, where Vala shows up in Daniels' bedroom. Daniel turns her down then psycho-analyzes her. She becomes upset & talks about being engaged once.
        Theres a debate whether one or more of these is true.
        A) Daniel's assessment of her is accurate
        B) she blurts out the truth, then tries to cover it up .
        C ) She's pretending to be upset & lying.
        D ) She is actually interested in Daniel”

Answer: In my mind when I wrote the scene - all of the above.

Anonymous #4 writes: “ Are we ever going to see Atlantis Ancient toilets ?”

Answer: Carl Binder is scripting the big Atlantis Ancient toilets three-parter as we speak.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Is Bad Guys really the best you can do anymore?”

Answer: Yup, that’s it. After Bad Guys, the last few SG-1 episodes will be comprised up of footage from last year’s on-the-lot beer and barbecue bash. Watch me eat six hot dogs!!!

Confuzzled writes: “Everyone keeps talking about this "soft reset" but I don't get it.”

Answer: And neither do I.

Alipeeps writes: “Tell me something interesting/exciting/entertaining to cheer me up? Pretty please?”

Answer: Hmmm. Let’s see… We find out something interesting about Lorne (dating back to his childhood) in Doppelganger.

Anonymous #6 writes: “How many fans do you think are left from the first season?”

Answer: It’s funny you should ask because we just completed a study on this very topic. Based on responses to this blog and weighing the various posts on the various fan forums out there, we’ve concluded that there are approximately 11. 12 if you count Minigeek’s dog.

---

Oh, and Redhooks...how's about that hockey game, eh?

Comment

the pugs are watching
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm. Looks like I may be watching Doppelganger.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Oh, and Redhooks...how's about that hockey game, eh?
              As someone said to me awhile back, Don't remind me!!!
              They gave away last game and dug a hole too deep to recover from in this game. It was an exciting finish to both games for any Hockey fan though.
              Last edited by Redhooks; 23 May 2007, 12:06 PM.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

This bit for "Doppleganger":

Hmm...ok, I'll get the mop, you guys get the concrete to build the dam to contain the inevitable drool flood. Moving on...

Oops, just slipped over!
                sigpic

Comment

Hmph, well, if yesterday's entry didn't garner some attention, I'm sure this one will, if only from the Thunkers.

May 22

Photos: And which thunkers was I talking about? Why, good ole' Danny boy's of course! Featured are 4 pics of Michael Shanks in various, uh, non-sexual poses (yeah, didn't want to raise your hopes too much).

Duly noted and thunked, thanks!.....

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Oy! Don S Davis is in Continuum, hooray!

*blink* at the BSG DVD, tho. A bit like that Stargate poster, starring Kurt Russel...
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Don!
                      "That" Rick!

God, I'm looking forward to Continuum...
                      And if that screen behind Martin Wood is any indication, Europe is gonna get attacked...

Comment

lorne is in doppelganger???

SWEET!!
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          lorne is in doppelganger???

SWEET!!
                          Yup. That's the ep where we get "barefoot and armed" Lorne, hon!
                          sigpic

Comment

gah!!!!

ok, me's in heaven

I am such a lorne slut, it's quite pathetic...but fun, gotta have fun.

sigpic

Comment

Backstory and nekkid feetsies all in one ep? *marks day on her calendar* That's too convenient to resist!

Comment

absolutely. can't miss this...hope i have cable by then or that'll be truly brutal

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X