Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"real or props" confuses me. All props are real; if they weren't they'd be FX, not props. Unless 'real' is meant in the sense of 'functioning'.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      "real or props" confuses me. All props are real; if they weren't they'd be FX, not props. Unless 'real' is meant in the sense of 'functioning'.
      I was confused about that also.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        Well to me I took Joe's response to mean he didn't know what the transparent displays being reffered to were, if he knew what they were he could have said they are working props or they are just for show and all the glowy things that turn up on them are just dropped in later (SFX).

Actually didn't one of the commentaries address this? Can't remember. I assume they are no more functioning then a pain of glass, at least I have yet to see a translucent screen like this in real life? OR am I just way behind the times?

Comment

JM mentioned the Hungarian fans.

"By the way, I’d like to take a moment to welcome the slew of Hungarian fans who seem to have discovered my blog the other day. Isten hozott!"

I made a little news about Ark of Truth. The fans could watch photos from the set on his blog, so I think the number of the Hungarian IPs became bigger in the last 2-3 day.
          Last edited by Platschu; 19 May 2007, 11:51 PM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Today's translation for the Franco-challenged amongts us:

Lizzie a ecrit: “Est-ce que vous vous interessez aux audiences de Stargate dans les autres pays comme en france?”

Reponse: Bien sur. Si je n’etais pas interesse, je ne repondrais pas a vos questions.
            Lizzie wrote: “Are you interested in the audiences of Stargate in other countries, such as France?”

Answer: Of course. If I wasn't interested, I wouldn't answer your questions.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

Do you think he actually watches the show?
            I didn't actually understand that question either... I wasn't sure what was meant by the transparent displays? Are we talking about the hanging screens seen in, for example, The Long Goodbye (where Phoebus shoots it)?
            Last edited by Alipeeps; 20 May 2007, 04:16 AM. Reason: Typo! Doh!
            sigpic

Comment

Ali, not only you're a translating star, you're also really helping my French confidence. Hooray! Finally a language don't feel like a halfwit trying to work with!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Do you think he actually watches the show?
                I do and the question asked of him didn't make much sense to me either.
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Ali, not only you're a translating star, you're also really helping my French confidence. Hooray! Finally a language don't feel like a halfwit trying to work with!
                  Glad to be of service...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd assume that the "real or props" thing refers to whether or not the props on display are the actual ones used on the show or if they're cheap mock-ups created for display purposes, probably for fear that someone might steal them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I'd assume that the "real or props" thing refers to whether or not the props on display are the actual ones used on the show or if they're cheap mock-ups created for display purposes, probably for fear that someone might steal them.
                      Assuming the question is about the hanging screens, then maybe they are talking about whether they are actual functioning computer screens or just "fake" props.. in which case the question was answered in the commentary for, I think, The Storm where they mentioned that the scrolling figures etc are projected onto the hanging screen from off-camera...
                      sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, gotcha. That's what I get for only half paying attention.

Comment

Well as a fan if someone asked about the transparent displays on Atlantis I would think of the ones that hang in the control room, labs and the like, there are no others except the ones on the PJs. Sorry but where else are there transparent displays? Computers are not transparent, the pod things (all with the tech talk) are not transparent... I think we have a thread for this!

I understood the question but then my English sucks so maybe I don't read too much into the questions... just go with what is on the page.

Comment

May 20

Photos: Food and Books.

Write-Up: Brunch-Lunch, Book purchases and reading updates, and upcoming DVD selections.

Questions:

Jason writes: “In The Road Not Taken, Major Lorne was the leader of that AU's SG1. Was there any other people under consideration for this role or was Kavan Smith always your first choice?”

Answer: He was always our first choice.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Sure, that's the company line now, but there were some pretty honest comments made about the situation last year. Supposedly you had to "sell" her on the idea, and even then she was shocked that you wanted such a huge committment.”

Answer: Yeah, I’m going to have to call bull**** on that one. Given the situation she was facing - the prospect of coming on to an established show as a major character was departing - it’s no wonder Amanda was cautious when answering questions about her new role. And given the way certain brainless fans have reacted, can you really blame her? Oh, and you seem to be contradicting yourself. On the one hand you claim we forced her to appear on the show and yet, on the other hand, you claim she had to be sold on the idea, implying she had a choice. Which is it?

Lisa S. writes: “ Please reassure me that Atlantis isn't going to become 'The Sam Carter Show'!”

Answer: Honestly, it doesn’t matter what I say because fans will always assume the worst - until the shows actually air at which point they will conveniently find something else to complain about. That’s show business.

Anonymous #2 writes: “I just need to know how to write and how to sell the completed script. That's all.”

Answer: That’s it? Then I would suggest you study a show you really like and write a spec script (sample episode). Any good book on scriptwriting (try one by Syd Field) will show you how to write a script. After that, get a hold of a list of television agents (maybe try the Writer’s Market) and query them with some self-addressed, stamped envelopes. If they’re willing to read unsolicited submissions, then send them your script, keep your fingers crossed, and be prepared to accept constructive criticism.

PG15 writes: “Any chance of a future DVD release where we get an uncensored "a day in the writers' room" extra?”

Answer: Whooweee! Not a chance!

PG-15 also writes: “Have you seen your recent interview with "Sequential Tart" that was published? It has a pretty, um, bad-a** pic of you as a super villain.”

Answer: Yeah. Wolfen did a terrific job capturing the real me.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Is there any chance to make her an offical Hungarian character in the Atlantis expedition too?”

Answer: It’s possible.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Is there any plan on having a wraith queen appearing in season 4?”

Answer: Yup.

Marsha writes: “Anyway, I don't know if you've already talked about this, but will we see the character Michael at all during during Atlantis Season 4?”

Answer: Hmmmm. It’s possible…

Skopadiggle writes: “Would it be alright for me to use some of the pictures from your blog for a project I'm working on?”

Answer: Sure. Everyone else does.

Vabrella writes: “Any chance of us getting Teyla speaking in 'techno-babble' terminology?”

Answer: Yes, Teyla will demonstrate some of her newfound knowledge in season four.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Have you or Brad or Rob ever had to take an actor to the side and metaphorically slap them on the wrist for giving out any spoiler info?”

Answer: Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              May 20
                              Anonymous #5 writes: “Have you or Brad or Rob ever had to take an actor to the side and metaphorically slap them on the wrist for giving out any spoiler info?”

Answer: Nope.
                              I think Robert Davi would be happy to know this if GW's recent info is correct!! I asked this question due to a small spoiler recently revealed by a different actor who I like. Although, an actor being in an episode is not much of a spoiler, unless the episode is an end of season cliffhanger where you don't know if the character will be back. I think this happened recently on the new BSG with Starbuck. Never liked the new one due to all the changes made from the one I loved when I was in 6th grade. I liked the old concept, they just needed more thought out stories back then.
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

great blog, very entertaining

Comment

Working...
                                X