Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    They don't know how to deal with normal women, period. When those women are having babies, it throws 'em even more off track.
    Maybe the baby will come out all clean and polished and Teyla won't break a sweat.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
      Criminal Minds is my poison of choice...
      Also good, but not on USA. Or not that I'm aware of, anyway. And hopefully Dexter will be back soon. Which isn't on USA, either, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

why can't it be your average, run of teh mill pregnancy?
        Not to pull this off-topic because a mod may edit this (), but Teyla doesn't strike me as one who will suddenly decide to have a baby, especially when she has important duties with the expedition.

It would be out of character IMHO if she suddenly decided to have one, and she isn't one who will get accidentally knocked up for whatever reason.

Teyla ain't one to participate in one-night-stands, last I checked.

Comment

all i'm saying is, and yeah, we are teetering on off topic...why can't it just be a normal child? does it HAVE to be something special?

there is no shortage of fanfic where some alien influence is used to start the pregnancy but then it's just a normal baby.

*trots off to the Seer thread*
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It can still be an unplanned pregnancy without being part of some Evil Plot. It could still be a perfectly normal baby and not some Spawn of Potential Doom. But does anyone honestly believe that's likely to happen? 'Cos I sure don't.

Comment

May 18

Photos; Prepping a fight scene for Reunion, featuring Ronon, BamBam, and various guest stars and crew members. Hmmm...I think I know who that Vala-esque women was.

Write-Up: What's coming up in the world of ads-inspired television? Let the Central Register for Anticipated Programming tell you.

Think about it...

Questions:

Alipeeps writes: “Do you guys mostly film one episode at a time or are you constantly still fitting in scenes from other episodes etc?”

Answer: Are you kidding? Just the other day, we were shooting a scene from our first episode, Adrift.

Alipeeps also writes: “You guys started shooting This Mortal Coil this week, right?”

Answer: That is correct. We started shooting out on location on Wednesday.

Crazymom writes: “How do you decide what to say in your blog, other than the food reviews?”

Answer: It all comes down to what I feel like writing about on a given day.

Redtwin writes: “Do you know when cast photos for season 4 will be coming out?”

Answer: Sorry, no idea.

Redfox000 writes: “How do you find time to go through book as fast as you do, write for Atlantis, and do all the food reviews?”

Answer: I have a clone on each.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Can you explain what Martin meant by..."The end of Season Three was essentially a soft reset," Gero tells GateWorld. "That doesn't last as long as some of us would have liked it to, for a number of reasons. But it is with Carter and Weir and stuff like that."

Answer: This one’s a question for Martin. I read and re-read that last part numerous times and still can’t make sense of it.

Stargate Groupie writes: “I was just wondering what were the actors reactions to the Stargate Action Figures that were created of their characters and if a "Joe Malozzi Action Figure" was made was accessories would he come with?”

Answer: Don’t know about the actors’ reactions to the figs. As for the JM fig, accessories would include sidekick pug, foie gras, and Maserati Quattroporte.

Atlantisfannew1 a ecrit: “1)Allons nous connaître beaucoup de nouveaux peuple dans la saison 4 de Stargate Atlantis? 2)Un personnage connu va t il mourir durant la saison 4??”

Reponses: 1) Peut-etre. 2) Peut-etre.

Shirt’nTie writes: “(1) I'm going to Vancouver for the Creation Con in April (2008) Will the SGC set be still up? and (2) Have you ever tried the Irish delicacy Crubeens? (that's pigs feet!)”

Answers: 1) At this point, it’s hard to say. 2) I’ve tried pigs feet, but not the Irish version. How do the Irish make it?

Ben writes: “ I know there are a handful of scripts from both SG1 and SGA that will never leave the writer's room shelf. 1)Is there any chance you could share what the plot for those episodes might be? 2)Any chance the SG1 scripts might be visited in the future movies/books? 3)When do you start taking reservations for your resteraunt?”

Answers: 1) It doesn’t happen all that often and I have shared a few already. 2) The ones we set aside? Doubtful. 3) As soon as I convince my mother to pick up and move to Vancouver.

Johnny E writes: “I too am a HUGE Joe Kelly Deadpool Fan! The stuff now is good, but Kelly rocked it out! One question, how do you determine who gets their name radomly onto the Show aka your name on the Book of Latin in Window of Opportunity?”

Answer: No one could write Deadpool like Joe. As for the names - blame the directors.

Linzi writes: “I wanted to ask you which has been the most challenging script for you to write in the whole of your career, for any show? Also, can you say why?”

Answer: Without a doubt - This Mortal Coil. There was a lot going on in this script with a lot of information that had to be relayed in as concise and entertaining a way as possible.

Comment

Today's translation:

Atlantisfannew1 a ecrit: “1)Allons nous connaître beaucoup de nouveaux peuple dans la saison 4 de Stargate Atlantis? 2)Un personnage connu va t il mourir durant la saison 4??”

Atlantisfannew1 wrote: 1) Will we get to meet lots of new people in Season 4? 2) Will anyone we know die during Season 4?

Answers: 1) Maybe. 2) Maybe.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Hmmm...I think I know who that Vala-esque women was.
                  Indeed! That was my thought too...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    It can still be an unplanned pregnancy without being part of some Evil Plot. It could still be a perfectly normal baby and not some Spawn of Potential Doom. But does anyone honestly believe that's likely to happen? 'Cos I sure don't.
                    I'm honestly hoping that it doesn't. I really, REALLY hope its not some insane plot.

As there been any confirmation from Joe or anyone else yet that there is something more to Teyla's baby (like Michael using artificial insemination or dare I say, rape?)?
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      Today's translation:

Atlantisfannew1 wrote: 1) Will we get to meet lots of new people in Season 4? 2) Will anyone we know die during Season 4?

Merci
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Merci
                        De rien.
                        sigpic

Comment

Today's translation:

This is what babelfish coughed up

1)Allons to know many new populates in season 4 of Stargate Atlantis? 2)Un known character will he die during season 4??" 1) Perhaps. 2) Perhaps.

Comment

Today's translation:

To clarify.. now that I'm a bit more awake... the wording of question 1) is actually more along the lines of "will we get to meet lots of new races.."
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

May 19

Photos: Eh...

Pics: Bam Bam makes a very important call, my buddy Crispy sporting his shades on a stake-out, David Nykl incognito, and a basket of tasty deep-fried garlic chicken cartilage from Zakkushi.
                              Write-Up: Given the amount of sugar that Joe eats and a family history of diabetes, could Joe be at risk?

No, not yet anyway. Thank goodness.

Questions:

PG15 writes: “Joe, would you say you are the most snarktastic producer working on the Stargates?”

Answer: Truth be told, we’re all pretty snarky. In fact, I think both Rob and Marty G. outdo me.

Wraithkeeper writes: “When you're writing the scripts, how do you choose names for alien technology or speech? For instance, the Goa'uld have the word Mik'ta - I've always been curious if that's a play on director Andy Mikita's name?”

Answer: Probably the worst thing about our job is having to come up with those alien names. Often, it’s just easier to *******ize a familiar name like, say, Mikita. Hey, anyone remember the Mallozian Mines from Serpent’s Grasp?

Anonymous #2 writes: “Will we see the Genii in season 4?”

Answer: Possibly.

Johnny E. writes: “1. Do you have a favorite episode? 2. What was with the longer break this winter/spring?”

Answers: 1. Of the finished episodes I’ve written - Ripple Effect. Let’s see how Reunion turns out. 2. I believe it’s part of SciFi’s strategy to provide viewers with year-round original programming.

Suzotchka writes: “ You should be getting a package from the Save Elizabeth Weir campaign any day now. So be on the lookout.”

Answer: I’ll have Martin Gero open it.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Joe, there are some of us over at Gateworld who are wondering if the transparent displays used on the Atlantis sets are real or props. Could you please clarify the issue?”

Answer: I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Lizzie a ecrit: “Est-ce que vous vous interessez aux audiences de Stargate dans les autres pays comme en france?”

Reponse: Bien sur. Si je n’etais pas interesse, je ne repondrais pas a vos questions.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Are we going to see a more vunerable or less in control shep this season?”

Answer: Some.

Linzi writes: “Thanks for answering my question and explaining that This Mortal Coil was the most challenging script for you to write. Are you pleased with the end product? Has it been a labour of love, or a thorn in your side?”

Answer: I think the script is pretty solid now and I’m really liking what Will has shot so far.

Anonymous #5 writes: “What episode of Atlantis is Zac Selwyn going to be in and did he make the final cut?”

Answer: Yes, Zach made the cut. He was actually very good. He’ll be appearing in Tabula Rasa.

Anonymous #6 writes: “I hope holding Amanda to her contract is worth it to the show…”

Answer: There was no “holding to” any contract. We simply exercised her option meaning we already had a deal in place that would allow her to continue working on Stargate - IF she wanted to. Which she did.

Crazymom writes: “Do you ever have a day when you just do not want to deal with the blog?”

Answer: Yeah. Roughly every second day.

Promogirl writes: “Do you think the internet has helped or hurt the Stargate franchises?”

Answer: I don’t know if it’s helped, but it certainly hasn’t hurt.

Herbert writes: “Michael Beach be returning in this episode as well?”

Answer: Yup. Both Michael and Mitch and their respective ships will be putting in an appearance.

Comment

Suzotchka writes: “ You should be getting a package from the Save Elizabeth Weir campaign any day now. So be on the lookout.”

Answer: I’ll have Martin Gero open it.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Joe, there are some of us over at Gateworld who are wondering if the transparent displays used on the Atlantis sets are real or props. Could you please clarify the issue?”

Answer: I’m not sure what you’re referring to.
                                Do you think he actually watches the show?

Comment

Working...
                                X