Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    If gas prices don't go down soon, they're going to negatively affect other things. $35.00 a tank is getting absurd.
    rotflmao!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    they already are. gas fuels our economy, pun intended

if gas prices are low, people travel, shop, go out and have fun...but when tehy're high, people literally can't afford to do anything...no shopping, no eating out, a slowing economy
    Walk. Pool. Ride a bike. That'll learn 'em
    scarimor

Comment

If gas prices don't go down soon, they're going to negatively affect other things. $35.00 a tank is getting absurd.
      I'd love to pay $35 for a tank of gas. My 1.6l engine car costs the equivalent of $70 to fill the tank....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I'd love to pay $35 for a tank of gas. My 1.6l engine car costs the equivalent of $70 to fill the tank....
        Wow...
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Wow...
          Welcome to the UK!
          sigpic

Comment

May 16 Update

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

Photos: Food!

Blog: Restaurant write up of Gastropod.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Are we going to see any McKay/Katie moments in Season 4?”

Answer: Yup.

Allison writes: “Can David Nykl really kick your butt at chess or are you the poker/Parcheesi sort?”

Answer: I’m really more of a Clue/Monopoly guy.

Zabadoo writes: “1.)Any groundbreaking battles in the future? 2.)Do you know if there will be a lot of shoot 'em up in Ark or Contiuum or the fourth season of Atlantis?

Answer: 1) As a matter of fact, we’re in the process of talking to the visual effects department about one particularly groundbreaking battle sequence. So, yes. 2) Some shoot ‘em up in both eppies.

Phibi writes: “Was it because the story wouldn't have fit in the storylines for the second half of season 4 so far, or because of schedule conflicts with Paul?”

Answer: The former, not the latter.

Flying Fig writes: “How long does it take a writer, from beginning to end, to pem an SGA script?”

Answer: It depends. From concept to shooting draft, it can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month.

Cheek Lil Devil writes: “When you pen a script who decides on the title?”

Answer: Either the writer will come up with a title for his episode or we’ll trawl the writers’ room for suggestions. Cooler heads usually prevail. I’m still bitter I never got to name one of my SG-1 scripts Fool’s Goa’uld.

P.S. The question and answer in French this week was about food, for those who want to know. The question listed a load of dishes on offer in a local restaurant offering traditional Quebec food and asked Joe if those sorts of dishes really are the kind of thing you would find in traditional Quebeçois restaurants and Joe replied that yes, they did seem to be.
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

May 16

Photos: Food.

Write-Up: Food Review.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Are we going to see any McKay/Katie moments in Season 4?”

Answer: Yup.

Allison writes: “Can David Nykl really kick your butt at chess or are you the poker/Parcheesi sort?”

Answer: I’m really more of a Clue/Monopoly guy.

Zabadoo writes: “1.)Any groundbreaking battles in the future? 2.)Do you know if there will be a lot of shoot 'em up in Ark or Contiuum or the fourth season of Atlantis?

Answer: 1) As a matter of fact, we’re in the process of talking to the visual effects department about one particularly groundbreaking battle sequence. So, yes. 2) Some shoot ‘em up in both eppies.

Phibi writes: “Was it because the story wouldn't have fit in the storylines for the second half of season 4 so far, or because of schedule conflicts with Paul?”

Answer: The former, not the latter.

Flying Fig writes: “How long does it take a writer, from beginning to end, to pem an SGA script?”

Answer: It depends. From concept to shooting draft, it can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month.

Cheek Lil Devil writes: “When you pen a script who decides on the title?”

Answer: Either the writer will come up with a title for his episode or we’ll trawl the writers’ room for suggestions. Cooler heads usually prevail. I’m still bitter I never got to name one of my SG-1 scripts Fool’s Goa’uld.
              Last edited by PG15; 16 May 2007, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Mwahahahahaaaaaaa!
                sigpic

Comment

Ack! I didn't even notice that!

Comment

lol
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

fool's goauld...now that woulda been a good name for the one with all the ba'al's
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        Walk. Pool. Ride a bike. That'll learn 'em
                        I so wish that was an option. I commute about 10 miles to work every day, and have to go up a 600-foot rise (at around a 10% grade) in elevation to get home. Because of said large hill, buses don't stop anywhere near my house because King County Metro doesn't want to have to deal with getting buses up and down the hill during the icy winters. When I volunteer at the zoo, I commute 100+ miles roundtrip once a week. In my car - which, I should add, gets a good 30-35 mpg freeway - that's about $10 for gas for one day alone!

And Seattle's public transit is HORRID. If we had a good public transit system, I'd be there! They're trying to uses taxes and incentives to force us out of our cars. That would be great... except that we don't have the public transit system to support that. So all it does is make everyone's life difficult and empty wallets. *sigh*
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                          And Seattle's public transit is HORRID. If we had a good public transit system, I'd be there! They're trying to uses taxes and incentives to force us out of our cars. That would be great... except that we don't have the public transit system to support that. So all it does is make everyone's life difficult and empty wallets. *sigh*
                          Yeah that's a problem here too. They tax the fuel more each year - just one tool to "persuade" people to avoid using cars - but the alternative local public transport isn't up to taking up the slack. It's not so bad if you want to travel the length of the country by train, say, but try going 20 miles and it's complicated if not prohibitively inconvenient or downright impossible. I walk more than ever now, but young children with little legs can't manage the same distance.
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            Yeah that's a problem here too. They tax the fuel more each year - just one tool to "persuade" people to avoid using cars - but the alternative local public transport isn't up to taking up the slack. It's not so bad if you want to travel the length of the country by train, say, but try going 20 miles and it's complicated if not prohibitively inconvenient or downright impossible. I walk more than ever now, but young children with little legs can't manage the same distance.
                            True enough. It drives me mad because the government keeps making things more and more difficult/expensive for car drivers in an effort to force people to use alternative transport... but for many people there simply is no adequate alernative transport system! Where I work currently is 10 minutes by car from my home... to get there by bus, I would either have to take 3 separate buses - as the buses from my area of the city don't go to the right part of the area of the city I work in! - or walk up to half an hour to a bus-stop where I can catch a bus that does go to the right area. And this is in a large city... where I'm from in N Wales, the bus service is *abysmal*. Buses are few and far between and often don't run to time or just fail to turn up.. and in the winter months (when the tourists are all gone) the bus company assumes no-one really needs a bus service and, for example, on the bus route between the two main towns in the area, there is sometimes only one bus every TWO HOURS in the evening!

I used to go to a regular meeting in the next town over once a week in the evenings and I had to stop going in the winter because by the time the meeting finished I would just miss the 7pm bus home and the next one wasn't until 9:10pm!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm a complete failure when it comes to public transport. Where I live in the UK is very rural and there are no trains or buses to speak of so I have to drive everywhere.
                              When I'm away on business I often find myself in towns I don't know and take taxis all the time because I can't be bothered or don't have the time to explore a new transport system. Some places are easier than others for foreigners to get around, though.
                              Though I love my job I hate to think about my carbon footprint. But I can do a tiny bit to compensate by planting some trees at my house in the UK.

Forgot to say, when I'm in the US I take public transport everywhere. Or walk (yeah I do get strange looks)
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                True enough. It drives me mad because the government keeps making things more and more difficult/expensive for car drivers in an effort to force people to use alternative transport... but for many people there simply is no adequate alernative transport system! Where I work currently is 10 minutes by car from my home... to get there by bus, I would either have to take 3 separate buses - as the buses from my area of the city don't go to the right part of the area of the city I work in! - or walk up to half an hour to a bus-stop where I can catch a bus that does go to the right area. And this is in a large city... where I'm from in N Wales, the bus service is *abysmal*. Buses are few and far between and often don't run to time or just fail to turn up.. and in the winter months (when the tourists are all gone) the bus company assumes no-one really needs a bus service and, for example, on the bus route between the two main towns in the area, there is sometimes only one bus every TWO HOURS in the evening!
                                http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...untainbike.jpg

Last edited by Darren; 17 May 2007, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X