Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...erica-trailer/

June 4, 2017

Video: Dark Matter - Extended season 3 trailer

Photos: Dark Matter

Some never-before-seen clips here…

As someone (possibly Ryo Ishida) marches down a corridor, TWO informs us (translated from Spanish), that Ferrous Corp wasn’t responsible…it was Ryo Ishida!

We see the EOs-7 space station blow up, sending debris flying by camera – including a familiar-looking shuttle.

Yes. There’s no doubt. That’s The Marauder floating amidst the station’s debris field.

Emperor Ryo Ishida wields a blade in ominous fashion. Who’s on the receiving end of his apparent wrath?

FIVE is wearing the neural devices she used to access the memories squirreled away in her subconscious back in Episode 6. Perhaps another trip down memory lane?

A mystery man welcomes Ryo back home. Could this be Teku Fonsei (played by Adam Moodie), Ryo’s former tutor?

Teku (?) informs Ryo that he has underestimated his former friends – and Ryo doesn’t seem too happy about it.

And explosion inside a planetary facility.

Ryo Ishida addresses a motley crew. He orders them to take back what’s his, and take out the crew of the The Raza.

And the trailer ends on The Raza executing a nifty maneuver before jumping to FTL.

More thoughts? Theories?
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...on-3-premiere/

June 5, 2017

The countdown is on and I being to grow apprehensive. For a number of reasons.

For starters, Dark Matter’s third season returns to Syfy and SpaceChannel this Friday night at 8:00 p.m. with a double-episode premiere that picks up right where we left off last season, with our crew in mortal danger, scrambling to escape EOS-7, while the Android looks on helplessly from the bridge as the space station is destroyed. Who escapes and how will be the focus of much of the first episode that will end on the survivors reuniting with renewed purpose…and a trademark Dark Matter WTF??? scene that will send one character’s story into a whole new trajectory.

On the night’s second episode, our determined anti-villains set out to make good on a personal vendetta – only to encounter an unexpected and unfathomable complication.

I’ll admit that, whenever a new episode airs, I look forward to the night with a mix of excitement and trepidation. How will fandom react? Will they enjoy the episode? How will they respond to the various developments? The action and adventure? The shocks and surprises? The humor?

I’m cautiously optimistic though. I have, of course, seen the finished product and feel very good about our double-episode premiere – and particularly good about the show’s third season which raises the stakes coming off a stake-raising second season.

Then, it’s a long wait for the ratings. Over the show’s two season run, our ratings have been solid, and I continue to hold that those numbers aren’t reflective of our much bigger audience that, young and tech savvy, may be watching the show through alternate means. Still, until the ratings system catches up with the technology, those long analyzed numbers – overnights, +3’s, +7’s – will form the basis for the decision on a fourth season pick-up.

Again, based on the show’s past performance – and my knowledge of what’s in store for the show’s third season – I am cautiously optimistic. Which is why, a week from today, we’ll be convening the room to start breaking stories for Dark Matter’s fourth season.

Which brings me to my third source of anxiety: that writers’ room – three weeks in which we’ll be expecting to come up with outlines for thirteen new episodes. Or close to.

Sure, I already know how season 4 will begin, how it will end, and every narrative touchstone in between. I know the personal journeys each of our characters will take, the various twists and turns and revelations along the way. I know a number of the stories I want to tell. All that remains to be done is fill in the blanks, come up with the myriad complex little steps that will get us there. In other words, all the heavy lifting.

Making a show offers challenges at every stage: scriptwriting, prep, production, and post. But it’s this initial stage, the generating of new ideas and the breaking of stories, that is the most daunting and frustrating – especially just a little over a month removed from wrapping production on the previous season.

Of course, I felt the same way last year around this time only to end up producing our best season yet – so maybe I needn’t worry.

Nah. I’ll just go ahead and worry.

P.S. Episodic stills from our big double episode premiere!
      sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...on-3-bts-pics/

June 6, 2017

A reminder that Dark Matter returns with a double episode premiere this Friday night at 8:00 p.m. on Syfy and Space Channel.

And for our overseas fans, Syfy International has you covered.

And then stick around for the Dark Matter after show, After Dark, hosted by the lovely and talented Zoie Palmer. It will air immediately following the premiere on Syfy International stations, and be available online on Syfy.com and Space.ca

Behind the scenes on Dark Matter’s third season. Rehearsals are fun!

Shooting a scene from the season premiere – the Android on the bridge.

The view out The Marauder window.

Dark Matter links:

Dark Matter season 3 has an official Aussie premiere date (hint: Make sure you’re home on Saturday, June 10th at 6:30 pm.).

Melissa O’Neil and Anthony Lemke talk season 3 with TV-eh’s Greg David.

Variety’s Maureen Ryan sets up our double episode premiere with that sneak peek scene.

Aimee Hicks previews our double episode premiere for SpoilerTV.

Tell-Tale TV’s list of 21 TV Shows You Should Watch This Summer.

Yael Tygiel covers Three of the Most Underrated Syfy Shows & Why YOU Should Watch Them Too!

My podcast interview with GeekTown Radio.
        sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...sode-premiere/

June 7, 2017

Video: Dark Matter

Dark Matter stunt coordinator John Stead oversees the second unit boarding sequence.

The Raza drops out of FTL, ready for action.

A few new shipping options for season 3…

THREElara?

THRAdrian?

THRAnders?

My, aren’t we popular?

Check out Kelly Townsend’s Dark Matter Season 3 Preview: The Past Comes Back to Haunt Them at The TV Junkies.

Mallozzi confirmed that fans will finally get the Android’s full origin story at some point late in the season, which was hinted at near the end of Season 2 when Ryo told the Android that the information about her past is not lost, but simply inaccessible, due to the reboot in the pilot episode. “In this episode, she is able to recall certain flashes, glimpsing life prior to the group going into stasis,” reveals Mallozzi. “It sheds light on her relationship with Portia, with Portia’s relationship with Das, and [the Android’s] relationship with Ryo.”

Dark Matter season 3 behind the scenes – Family.
          sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...s-and-teasers/

June 8, 2017

Well, that’s it. We’ve done our part. We made the show. We got the word out. Now, it’s in your hands. Tune in tomorrow (and in the coming days and weeks) for our double episode premiere. Tell your friends and family. Tell your acquaintances. Tell complete strangers! Let’s make this coming season of Dark Matter the biggest yet.

Thank you to our awesome cast and crew, and everyone involved in this well-oiled machine, from directors to post-production personnel.

Thank you to Prodigy Pictures President Jay Firestone for always striving to make the best show possible.

Thank you to Chris Regina and the gang at Syfy for the support and the two amazing trailers.

Thank you to Steve Patschek, Bipasha Ghosh, Kristin Mente and the rest of the gang at Syfy International for their support – and the brand new after show, After Dark, which will air following our double episode premiere in international markets and be available on the Syfy.com and Space.ca websites.

Thank you to individuals like ThreeIfBySpace’s Tom Gardiner and Katie Kelsey, TheTVJunkies’ Kelly Townsend, SpoilerTV’s Aimee Hicks, SciFiTalk’s Tony Tellado, SciFiAndTVTalk’s Steve Eramo, OhSoGray’s Courtney Vaudreuil, Hollywood Soapbox’s John Soltes, SciFiWire’s Kathie Huddleston, The Verge’s Andrew Liptak, Space.com’s Sarah Lewin, TVShowPatrol’s Curt Wagner, FilmSchoolRejects’ Allison Bigelow, Eclipse Magazine’s Sheldon Wiebe, The NerdRecite’s Christopher Hart, HappyEverAfter’s Veronica Scott, TVEquals’ Rueben, MonstersAndCritics’ April Neale, TheWorkPrint’s Jen Stayrook, Mike’sFilmTalk’s Michael Knox-Smith, DenOfGeek’s Michael Ahr, PureFandom’s Cort Robinson, TVFanatic’s Kathleen Wiedel, GeekedOutNation’s Jideobi Odunze, SciFiMoviePage’s Craig Suide, SciFiPulse’s Ian Cullen, WormholeRiders’ Patricia Bertrand, MyMBuzz’s Jessica Anson, KneelBeforeBlog’s Aaron Willingham, WordOfTheNerd’s Siobhan Dempsey, TheDigitalFix’s Baz Greenland, TheYoungFolks’ Leaf Miranda, BlackGirlNerds’ C.R. Sparrow, TheNerdElement’s Natty Willy, GeeksWorldWide’s Agasicles Stamas, AfterBuzz’s Yael Tygiel and Tauri Jay Miller and Andrew Mena, TVGeekTalk’s Mary Powers, and CraveOnline, TVGoodness, Mikhail’sFilmAndTVBlog, SciFiVision, TVWatchTower’s Tiffany Vogt, The7thMatrix, Henry Otero, TVGeekTalk’s Mary Powers, Josh and Anna from GeekOnReview, CurtTalk’sTV’s Curt Bennett, TVEh?’s Greg David, Nerdophile’s Vanessa Frith, TVSeriesHub, TVInsider, TVOvertime, TalkNerdWithUs, BladeOfTheSamurai’s Sashurai, GeekSoulBrother and TheFiveNerdyVenoms…and everyone else who has taken the time to support our little show!

Who say’s Alex Mallari Jr’s character never smiles. Just look at him, barely able to hide his delight. What’s got him so happy?

Look deep into The Android’s eye. What do you see? The answer may surprise you.

Dark Matter’s Anthony Lemke talks the season 3 premiere and the new Big Bad

If someone has never seen Dark Matter, why should they catch up now and then watch this season?

I think because it’s fun viewing. It’s a good hour of television. Good storytelling that also examines some deeper questions about the human condition like the notion of what is it to have a soul? What is it to be human? The notion of identity. And in my mind that’s sort of the best sci-fi. It combines those questions about humanity with a fun romp through a world we can only imagine, because we’re not there yet. And that’s why you watch this show.

TWO and THREE reveal Dark Matter’s darkest secrets (Sort of)
            sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...space-channel/

June 9, 2017

Photo: Ivon Bartok

Videos: Dark Matter

As a rule, I try to steer clear of spoilers on this blog but, today, I’m afraid I’m going to have to make an exception…

There you go.

In case you missed them, check out the trailers for the show’s third season:

And…

And a few links for you to check out…

Anthony Lemke Talks Season 3 and the New Big Bad

I think because it’s fun viewing. It’s a good hour of television. Good storytelling that also examines some deeper questions about the human condition like the notion of what is it to have a soul? What is it to be human? The notion of identity. And in my mind that’s sort of the best sci-fi. It combines those questions about humanity with a fun romp through a world we can only imagine, because we’re not there yet. And that’s why you watch this show.

The Verve’s Andrew Liptak Syfy’s Pulpy Space Opera Dark Matter and Why You Should Watch

Aside from the fact that Syfy was overdue for more spaceship stories, what I find most appealing is how it resembles pulpy, entertaining shows like Farscape, Firefly, and Stargate. It has a cast of wildly different characters, each with their own motivations and agendas, and the show manages to cram an impressive amount of story and world-building into just a couple of seasons.

Seat42F’s Tiffany Vogt Unravels the Raza Crew’s Adventures From A to Z

A is for Android. The Raza crew awoke on an empty ship only to discover that they were not completely alone. There was an android synced to the ship that was programmed to protect the ship. But when the android attacked them, the Android was subsequently memory-wiped as well so it would function with the ship and aid the Raza crew. Known simply as Android, the Android has surprisingly bonded with the Raza crew and is loyal to them — so long as they do not pose a threat to the ship or each other. (A is also for Lt. Anders, who is the former partner of Six in the Galactica Authority.)

I talk with Blastr’s Kathie Huddleston about Getting the Band Back Together.

Yeah, that’s the plan for Episode 1, is getting the band back together, see who survived and ultimately getting them reunited for a renewed purpose. And that’s to take down the individual who did this to them. Who happens to be a former ally. And that essentially sets the stage for Season 3 amid the backdrop of a corporate war.

The L.A. Times’ T.V. Highlights

IndieWire’s T.V. Highlights

TVAholic’s Prime Picks

Lansing State Journal’s Must Try
              sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...onses-reviews/

June 10, 2017

Well, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves last night – The Raza crew, the critics, and, most importantly, you the viewers. Take the time to drop me a comment here and let me know your thoughts on our big double-episode premiere. What were your favorite character moments? The biggest surprise? And your burning questions?

From what I hear, the Dark Matter after show, After Dark, is available on the Syfy.com site for U.S. viewers – and will be airing directly following the episodes internationally. As for Canada…hmmm, not sure. Once it airs internationally, I’ll see what I can do about uploading them to this blog.

ALSO – last night, Syfy aired a promo for next week’s episode…but it was actually a promo for Episode 304 (“All The Time In The World”) rather than Episode 303 (“Welcome To The Revolution”). So, sorry. You’ll have to wait an extra week for that THREE/Android duet.

No, I’m serious.

Finally, take a moment to subscribe to the Dark Matter subreddit over on reddit. There are some great episodic discussion threads and I’m always around to field fan questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkMatter/

Finally, the critics weigh in with their thoughts on our double episode opener:

SyfyWire’s Tricia Ennis: Season 3 Open With a Bang and a Blink

Everyone is exactly where we left them last year, only somehow worse. Ryo succeeded in blowing up EOS7 and getting the hell out of dodge, but the rest of his former crewmates haven’t been so lucky. Two, Three, Five, and Six are all still stuck on the station, and it is going down in flames.

ThreeIfBySpace’s Katie: The Costs Are Always Personal Review

“The costs are always personal” is a line from Trufault, and it really rings true for this episode. Two’s grief over losing yet another person in her crew, one she counted as a friend, is a palpable and burden she carries. Six realizes that Two’s need to carry that burden is part of what makes her Two, and not Portia.

ThreeIfBySpace’s Michelle Harvey: It Doesn’t Have To Be Like This Review

Syfy’s lovable crew of misfits is back with the double feature premiere of Dark Matter tonight and these first two episodes are better than ever. The Raza crew are fighting to survive after the explosion of EOS-7 and basically are all found in precarious life threatening positions. There are no guarantees that everyone is going to survive this and it’s that rush of adrenaline that makes this double feature opener so epic.

SpoilerTV’s Aimee Hicks’: Double Review – It’s Personal

What made these episodes even more impactful was the deep emotional tones running through them. Two was a strong driving force throughout the whole two hours as she had to reconcile how her leadership decisions led to everything that happened.

TheNerdRecites’ Christopher Hart: Season 3 Episode 1 & 2 Review

Few things are better than having Dark Matter back on the air. There are other adept SF shows out there, sure, but few hold as much heart and as many endearing bad guys as Mallozzi’s underrated gem.

DenOfGeek’s Michael Air: Season 3 Two-Hour Premiere Review

The return of Dark Matter for season 3 could have easily been the 14th episode of season 2, so seamless was the transition. However, although the action surrounding the sabotage at the multi-corporate summit will certainly have its consequences in the long term, the series seems to have pivoted into new territory, especially when the two episodes of this double premiere are taken together. Whatever shape the coming season takes, though, Dark Matter is right in its stride from the very start.

CinemaBlend’s Adrienne Jones: How Dark Matter Answered That Intense Season 2 Cliffhanger

The show keeps us on our toes by moving the main players around and making us wonder if they can really be better people, and it looks like a large part of this new season will come down to that exact question.

PureFandom’s Cort Robinson: Raza’s Crew Has Returned and They’re As Badass As Ever

Syfy’s hit series, Dark Matter returned tonight for a two-hour premiere of the all new season. Things looked pretty murky for every member of the crew when season two ended last year. Four took a walk on the dark side and went full on Darth Vader as he became Emperor Ryo and embraced the memories that turned him into exactly what Five feared all along. Thanks to Ryo’s actions, his former crewmates lives hung in the balance at the end of season two.

TellTaleTV’s Hillary Esquina: Dark Matter Review

These first two episodes had a well-balanced arc of action, drama, and even some comedy, which is what we have to come expect of the cast and crew. Looks like this season is going to be one hell of a ride for our favorite crew, so buckle up!

TVFanatic’s Kathleen Wiedel: Dark Matter Episode 1 and 2 Review

These two episodes, aired back to back, proved a welcome addition to what has become a summer delight for me. (Seriously, I love watching them do their thing.)

MustGeekTV’s Hank Otera: The Raza Crew’s Smash and Grab

As I mentioned earlier the pacing was spot on, with tons of action and the characters are finally more likable than ever. Though I’ve had my gripes with the series, I think the writers have settled into a groove that works.

BladeOfTheSashurai: We’re Back, In Outer Space!

Four is a little tricky because he’s showing patience and trust while trying not to lose sight of his position and what it means to be Emperor. We know he’s not a “villain” but right now it’s important we see him continue to be benevolent to an extent so we don’t immediately side with the Raza crew when they inevitably clash.

BladeOfTheSashurai: That’s One Way To Take Out A Clone

Tonight’s episode stuck to the basics of Dark Matter’s mercenary-style storytelling and super-charged it with a collapsing singularity, very synonymous with the big crunch theory. The more the crew have to deal with the random chaos of the universe and its volatile laws of physics the better these stories will get.

TheYoungFolks’ Leaf Miranda: Dark Matter 3×01 and 3×02 Review

Ryo is coldblooded and he may not be redeemable, which doesn’t help him since Two is out for blood.

CarterMatt: Season 3 Premiere Review

The reality is that Dark Matter is not a show for the faint of heart. It’s probably the most hardcore science fiction on the air in that it requires a great deal of concentration and attention to detail. For those who do muster that, the merits are very rewarding.

CarterMatt: Season 3 Episode 2 Review

Having two very different episodes start off the season was probably a smart move, just because it enabled the show to flex the different things in which it is good at.

Today’s blog entry is dedicated to my one and only true Batman, Adam West.
                sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com.../june-11-2017/

June 11, 2017

Photo: Dark Matter

Well, it’s decided! Sort of. I’ve packed away most of my belongings and squirreled them away in the crawlspace. This week, the place gets a top to bottom interior cleaning, an exterior power wash, and then, on Friday, the stagers come in to prepare the place for showing. The house goes on the market this week and we have our first open house this weekend (during which Akemi, Lulu, Suji and I will make ourselves scarce).

On the one hand, I’ll miss the backyard and the downstairs work-out room. On the other hand, we only use 25% of our living space and it seems silly to be paying upkeep and property taxes on a summer home. Also, it would really be nice to live somewhere within walking distance of shops. On the other other hand, where am I going to put all my stuff?

Anyway, we’ll play it by ear. While I do think selling now is the right move, I can’t say I’m a motivated seller – meaning if I don’t get the price I’m looking for, I’ll have no problem taking it off the market and trying my luck next year. Of course, that’s provided the real estate market remains robust.

On the one hand, you have experts (like my buddy Ivon) who predict the housing bubble is due to collapse – and you don’t want to be caught when the prices drop. On the other hand, experts have been saying this for a while now and the market shows no signs of slowing down. On the other other hand, that’s also what they said about the housing market in Japan that, eventually, did crash and never recovered.

So, yeah. I’ve been fairly busy, getting the house ready for the big sale. And, as luck would have it, my timing couldn’t be any worse as we begin the Dark Matter season 4 writers’ room tomorrow. I’ve written up and distributed by plans for DM YR4 including seasonal and character arcs, story springboards, and a many of the beats I want to hit for the opening two-parter…that will be even bigger than season 3’s opener, if you can believe it. Joining me in the writers’ room this year will be series co-creator Paul Mullie, Co-Exec Producer Ivon Bartok, Co-Producer Alison Hepburn, and – making his Dark Matter debut – Stargate veteran Carl Binder.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. We’ve only just started airing season 3!

I chat about the upcoming season with Hollywood Soapbox’s John Soltes: Follow the link

“It’s kind of another time travel episode where it finds our crew traveling back to 2017 and having to go undercover in Fort Falls, Wisconsin, as a typical suburban family. Those two episodes [time loop episode and time travel episode] stand out for me as the type of episodes where if you’re not familiar with the show, you tune in, I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised. So if you have any friends who haven’t watched the show, circle episode four and episode nine, especially episode nine, on your calendar.”

BlackGirlNerds’ C.R. Sparrow: Dark Matter 3.1 Review

The first hour of the season three premiere is largely a character piece. Even the short bursts of action seem strangely calm as we deal with the fallout from the literally explosive season two finale.

BlackGirlNerds’ C.R. Sparrow: Dark Matter 3.2 Review

Ryo’s story starts in 3.1 as he takes steps to solidify and strengthen his rule. Misaki is displeased when he makes his old teacher, Teku an advisor. I’m sensing a pattern with Misaki. She may talk a good game about doing what’s best for Zairon, but it looks to me like her desire to isolate Ryo from anyone else who would influence him is a pretty strong motivator as well.

SciFiMoviePagie’s Craig Suide: Dark Matter Double Episode Review

I’m happy to report that Dark Matter is back and all is right with the world once again. I look forward to seeing what the season holds in store in the upcoming episodes.

SciFiPulse’s Ian Cullen: Dark Matter In Review

Dark Matter has returned and as always the plot twists come thick and fast as the new series gets underway.

TheNerdElement’s NattyWilly: Dark Matter Season 3 Premiere Review

What makes this show good is when we learn more about the main characters it adds a layer whether good or bad. This show is one of three that I will enjoy on my Friday nights this summer! The Raza crew’s journey has so many twists and turns that I can’t wait to see what creator Joseph Mallozzi has in store for us!
                  sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ics-and-video/

June 12, 2017

Video: Dark Matter - Behind The Scenes

Hiatus? What hiatus?! Today, the Dark Matter writers’ room convened to start plotting the show’s (hopefully, if all goes according to plan) penultimate fourth season. Joining me for the creative festivities were Carl Binder, Paul Mullie, Ivon Bartok, and Alison Hepburn. Over the course of the late morning and mostly afternoon discussions, we covered season and character arcs, the stories, the opening two-parter, and some pretty awesome scifi “developments”. The currently-airing third season is our biggest and boldest yet – and it’s going to be very hard to beat. But we’ll try!

The show has premiered in Canada, the U.S., Australia, the U.K., Spain, and Portugal – and Latin America, France, the Middle East, Germany, and Brazil are soon to follow. To celebrate, here are some of my favorite behind the scene pictures (and a video) from the first part of our two-part opener: Being Better Is So Much Harder…

The ladies run their lines and prepare for battle.

Torri Higginson as the ass-kicking Commander Delaney Truffault.

Zoie Palmer (Android) ready for her big jack-in-the-box scene.

Jeff Teravainen as the recently resurrected Lieutenant John Anders. Anders Lives!!!

Laughter amidst all those tears – Melissa O’Neil (TWO) and Melanie Liburd (Nyx).

A trio of troublemakers: Melanie Liburd, Roger Cross, and Melissa O’Neil.

Anthony Lemke (THREE) in his sexy shirt.

Shooting the Anders/THREE reveal and drag-away…

Tomorrow, behind the scenes pics and vid from Episode 302: “It Doesn’t Have To Be Like This”.
                    sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...enes-pictures/

June 13, 2017

Yesterday, the Dark Matter writers’ room focused on season and character arcs. Today, it was all about our two part opener as we beat out not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but SIX interlinked narrative threads. Season four will be, in a word, “crazy”. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Tomorrow, once we get over those two little speed bumps, we’ll move on to actually breaking Episode 401 and 402.

Akemi was in the neighborhood and dropped by – with a box of Beard Papa’s mini creampuffs…half of which she ate.

How about some behind the scenes pictures from Episode 302 “It Doesn’t Have To Be Like This”?

Director Bruce McDonald and the Android give FIVE the bad news. She’s suffering from Cascading Entropic Failure.

No, wait. That’s another show.

Jodelle Ferland (FIVE) – all innocent like.

Richard Fitzpatrick (Baines) and Jodelle Ferland (FIVE) run through their first scene under the watchful camera eye of Director Bruce McDonald.

Bruce loses it!

Director Bruce McDonald commits an oopsy on guest star Paul Sun-Hyung Lee (Dr. Borsa).

Alex Mallari Jr. (and Emperor Ryo Ishida) are out of control!

Caution: Cowboy On Set!
                      sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...dark-and-more/

June 14, 2017

Videos: InnerSpace: Dark Matter Recap, Dark Matter - After Dark Season 3 Episodes 1 & 2

Photo: Dark Matter

We did it! We did it! We broke our first episode!

And it’s a chunky little monkey packed full of actiony-twisty-turny-funny-charactery goodness! Now all we have to do is break twelve more and we’ve got ourselves a fourth season!

FanBros’ Jason Payne’s Interview With Dark Matter’s Melissa O’Neil

Space is a vast, unpredictable and, on occasion, unfriendly place. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that he is the only main antagonist but Ryo’s journey, which is decidedly separate from the rest of the crew, is heavily featured. I think the fans are going to lose their minds in the best way as this particular storyline unfolds before them.

I talk about season 3 with SpoilerTV’s Aimee Hicks

If you look back to Episode Seven, the Wendy the Robot episode, the one where we introduced Sarah and killed her off in the same episode, she’s in a stasis chamber and the power goes out and she dies. Then we check in with all the characters and then we go back and see Five, and if you look at that scene, Five is staring down at Sarah in her stasis pod and then she kind of cocks her head in kind of a curious way and then we’re out. And I remember when the episode aired, a bunch of people were like, “Oh, that’s kind of weird, why was Five giving her the look?” And, you know, it’s a follow-through that I had planned for a while and finally, the start of Season Three was where we found the opportunity to do it.

Innerspace’s Morgan Hoffman and Ajay Fry offer a Dark Matter Recap of the show’s two- part opener:

Baz Greeland of TheDigitalFix offers his take of 3.01 Being Better Is So Much Harder

Well Dark Matter season three certainly opened with a bang and the didn’t let up for a rather thrilling 42 minutes of television which demonstrated how the show had really started to live up to its promise by season two’s end.

OMFGTV’s Taylor: Dark Matter Recap: Ohana Means Family

Welcome back aboard the Raza for Part 1 of the two-part season premiere of Dark Matter where all systems are down and our little family of anti-heroes is broken apart even further.

Dark Matter Of Opinion offers, well, an opinion of Episode 301

Torri Higginson is amazing to have around any day, but when she leaned around that corner to take out those Ferrous goons, it was magic.

And for those of you who missed After Dark, here is the first (two) episode of the Dark Matter after show compliments of SyfyAustralia:
                        sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...f-dark-matter/

June 15, 2017

Video: Dark Matter - Season 3, Episode 3: Sneak Peek

Photos: Carl Binder, Paul Mullie, Ivon Bartok, Alison Hepburn, Akemi, Joe Mallozzi

Tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m., on Syfy and Space Channel, it’s an all-new episode of Dark Matter.

Welcome To The Revolution: After receiving a distress call from a former associate, the crew of the Raza find themselves in the middle of a colony’s fight for independence.

An Advance Preview of “Welcome To The Revolution” by SpoilerTV’s Aimee Hicks.

It is a big episode with big consequences and even bigger surprises. Not everyone will make it back to the Raza and this episode has a very high body count.

And here’s a sneak peek scene from tomorrow night’s episode:

Dark Matter ups the ante – and welcomes returning fans – in Episode 3 by Greg David at TV, eh?

Anthony Lemke told us Season 3 delves into Three’s journey, and that means one thing: more Sarah! Yup, Natalie Brown is back in “Welcome to the Revolution,” but not in a way you’d expect and it has a stunning effect on Three. We can’t wait to see where this story goes

Welcome to Junuary in Vancouver. Akemi, who has unfortunately already packed away all her winter clothes, is already looking forward to that return trip to Toronto.

Today, the writers’ room made some major headway on Episode 402 – agreeing on a story AND breaking a tease and the first two acts. Once we get past that tricky third act, it’ll be smoooooth sailing.

Tonight, we celebrated with sake, Sapporo, and (yakitori) sticks!
                          sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...-spacechannel/

June 16, 2017

Dark Matter returns tonight to its regular 9:00 p.m. time slot with a brand new episode: “Welcome To The Revolution”!

The crew tries to broker peace for a rebellion, but they won’t go out the way they came in.

The TV Junkies’ Kelly Townsend: Dark Matter Preview – The Raza Stumble On A Revolution

The corporate war is still in full force on Friday night’s “Welcome to the Revolution” as the crew find themselves intercepting a battle between Ferrous and Trauggot in their search for their old semi-ally Tabor Calchek (David Hewlett). In the process, they discover they’ve landed in the middle of a tense fight for independence between colony workers and Traugott security.

The Nerd Recite’s Christopher Hart: Will The Raza crew really kill Ryo Ishida in Dark Matter season 3?

The show’s strengths lay in the interconnectedness of our crew and how they would do anything for one another, despite their rogueish ways. So murdering Ryo – old memories or not – won’t come without consequences for the show.

Nerd Element’s Natty Willy: Dark Matter’s Melissa O’Neil Teases Season 3

I was on my phone texting Joe Mallozzi (our showrunner) and telling him how much I loved Five’s entire backstory. I think that thread will become quite the fan favourite. And, yes, we will learn a bit more about Two/Portia’s past. We continue to learn quite a bit more about everyone’s past this season.

Dark Matter season 4 writers’ room update! 2 episodes down; 11 to go!
                            sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ution-fallout/

June 17, 2017

We held our very first open house today which required us to be out and about for approximately two hours while prospective buyers meandered through our personal space and passed judgement on my complete Gilligan’s Island dvd collection. When all was said and done, we had thirteen groups come through with at least three of them showing actual interest. But we’ll see how interested after the weekend when we open the floor to offers.

I, of course, hope we receive a terrific offer sooner than later for the simple reason that it will allow Akemi and I to sleep in our own bed again. Yesterday, the stagers came in and fixed the place up, replacing pug art and my John Scalzi novels with nature paintings and Donna cookbooks. They brought in some side tables, throw pillows, then spent a good thirty minutes steaming the wrinkles out of the new duvet in the master bedroom. Fearful of ruining their exquisite placements, we’ve taken to restricting our activities to the kitchen island and the upstairs guest room.

Another open house tomorrow means Akemi and I (and Lulu and Suji) will once again be taking our show on the road.

I have an update on The Mystery of the Garbage That Wasn’t Mine. A few weeks ago, I may have mentioned finding someone else’s garbage in our recycling bin. I mean, being made responsible for someone else’s trash is bad enough, but having to be conscientious about it really annoyed me. So I did a little investigative work and, amid the discarded clothing and leftovers stuffed inside, I discovered an old father’s day card that read: “To Dad, From Luigi and Silvana and Anthony and Rosie and Nathan. We All Love You”. Aha! Well, the other day, the I was talking to the guy across the alley and he mentioned that the former owner of the house he is living in was now living with his son, Lou. Lou! Short for Luigi perhaps??? Oh, he’s going down!

But enough about me. How about more of you and your thoughts on the latest episode of Dark Matter: Welcome To The Revolution? This one has generated a fair amount of buzz…

I talk “Welcome To The Revolution” with the TV Junkies’ Kelly Townsend.

You never know, you create the characters, write the script and cast as best you can. You see who pops and who doesn’t, and I felt Mishka and Ayisha were terrific. It’s always interesting to throw in new blood on the ship to mix things up and see how our characters will react. I like the dynamic between Three and Solara right off the bat, and I like the dynamic between Five and Adrian, so it’s something we’ll explore this season.

Welcome To The Revolution Review by Michelle Harvey at ThreeIfBySpace

The crew is slowly beginning to pull away from each other when this is when they need to be their strongest.

TellTaleTV’s Hillary Esquina: Dark Matter Review

Some big changes are happening for our favorite crew!

In Review: Dark Matter – Welcome To The Revolution by Ian Cullen at SciFi Pulse

This was an interesting episode, which explored the idea of workers being exploited by corporations and the subsequent rebellions that are always likely to happen.

Blade of the Sashurai’s review: And Then There Were Three

Dark Matter is putting the effects of the corporation war front and center as The Raza crew deal with the rough times the outer colonies must contend with. The main theme this season is providing us is the passion of growing leaders and the roles they will play. Ishida is a leader, Two has been a leader, and now Six is growing into a leadership role with Five becoming more and more independent as well. Soon, we’ll have them playing key roles that will better shape this war into their personal favor that could spell disaster for one of them, Four being the most to lose if he somehow loses his way.

SpoilerTV’s Aimee Hicks: Welcome To The Revolution Review

With each passing episode this season, Dark Matter is upping the stakes and changing things around. This was a big one for that instituted a lot of change, but it was also a very character driven episode with a heavy focus on Six which allowed Roger Cross to really shine as he took his character through a complicated journey of self-discovery.

Blastr’s Tricia Ennis: The Resistance Is Brewing

Hello, Raza crew members! We’re back with another episode of Dark Matter Season 3 and there are some big changes afoot. So, let’s jump into the fray with Episode 3: “Welcome to the Revolution.”

GeekedOutNation’s Jideobi Odunze offers his Welcome To The Revolution Review

Dark Matter “Welcome to the Revolution” challenged what you are willing to do in order to make a difference in this galaxy. The human element of a story like this is not something to overlook. Great character development, and they really did Six justice where you can’t roll your eyes this time at what he decides is right. With a war going on out there, moments like these matter more than you think.

Season 3 Episode 3 Review by Christopher Hart at The Nerd Recites.

I do love how Mallozzi is going full antagonist with Ryo and it makes me think, even more now, that our crew might actually have to indeed take him out before the season is over.

BlackGirlNerds TV Review: Dark Matter 3.3 by C. R. Sparrow

Two and Six have always been the parental figures for the crew, making decisions based on what they think is best, offering guidance, arguing and hashing things out, respecting one another’s voices, and finding resolution.

ScreenSpy’s Rachel Thomas offers a Dark Matter Recap

There were many fine moments for Six throughout the episode, showcasing the depth he added to the crew. The performances from the rest of the crew were likewise solid; Adrian Maro adds humorous color to the Raza’s crew, and Solara’s cool, understated professionalism plays superbly against the other personalities, especially Three.
                              sigpic

Comment

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...ity-satellite/

June 18, 2017

Video: After Dark

I notice that whenever we go shopping, Akemi always entrusts me with the heaviest and least fragile items. I find that both complimentary and slightly insulting.

Always, Day #2 of our weekend open house went off without a hitch – if you discount the fact that it rained for the entire two hours we took the dogs out. Apparently, another 12+ groups visited, and two couples were return visitors from yesterday. One of them was even so keen, they floated a lowball offer that our agent respectfully informed them wasn’t gonna fly.

Hmmm. Curious to see how this plays out. As I’ve already said, I’m certainly not a motivated seller but, on the other hand, I can’t say I’m an unmotivated seller either. I suppose it would be more apt to describe me as a disinterested seller. Will I sell the house? Won’t I? If I do, will I get a condo in Vancouver? Or will I get one in Toronto? Or both? Or neither? I suppose it will all depend on whether or not we get that fourth season pick-up and even though I’m in the writers’ room, furiously working away on stories for Dark Matter season 4, there’s not guarantee. Our two-part opener was up against the NBA finals and then, watching last Friday’s episode, I was surprised by the fact that we weren’t trending…until I realized what was trending = the SERIES finale of Reign. Looking forward to those +3’s and +7’s!

Hey, speaking of Dark Matter, Syfy Australia has kindly uploaded the third episode of After Dark. That’s the good news. The bad news is that it cuts out halfway through a sneak peek at next week’s kookoo bananas episode, partway through one of my favorite THRAndroid scenes…

I leave you today with some early work on our Episode 311 (“The Dwarf Star Conspiracy”) security satellites…

Aint he the cutest? I’m calling him Murray!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X