Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-2014-whos-in/

August 22, 2014

Video: Akemi’s take on The Acorn

Photos: Running of the Bulls at Pet-A-Palooza, Garlic Festival, Pie championship

Oh, it’s on! This Sunday, come cheer Lulu on as she puts her undefeated record on the line (note: she’s never participated before so she is, technically, undefeated) in the Running of the Bulls at Pet-A-Palooza!

Looks to be a busy day because, in addition to that, there’s this:

And then this:

Finally, here’s Akemi’s take on that vegetarian restaurant (guest-starring yours truly):
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...est-and-worst/

August 23, 2014

Photos: State dishes – Best and Worst

Every state in the U.S. has an iconic dish to call its own. Georgia has its peach pie, Louisiana its gumbo, and Pennsylvania its scrapple. But not all plates are created equal. I imagine that some came late to the party and, after finding out that ribs and brisket were taken, just threw up their hands and simply went with vinegar fries. Anyway, here is my list of the Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst State Dishes.

THE BEST...

5. The Lobster Roll (Maine)

I discovered a newfound appreciation for the lobster roll two years ago when my buddy, Martin Gero, hired a lobster food truck to cater his birthday party. Akemi was so enamored that she has taken to perfecting her own version.

4. Mud Pie (Mississippi)

I love my desserts decadent and chocolatey, and this one offers the very best of both worlds.

3. Philly Cheesesteak (Pennsylvania)

In terms of sandwiches, it doesn’t get any better than this: beef, green peppers, and cheese!

2. Ribs (Kansas)

Tender, juicy ribs smothered in the state’s classic sweet and tangy tomato and molasses-based sauce.

1. Ribs (Tennessee)

But as much as I love sauced rubs, there’s nothing quite like the delicious dry rub variety.

AND THE WORST...

5. The Buffet (Vegas)

Mediocre jack of all culinary trades, master of run.

4. Funeral Potatoes (Utah)

Where the following ingredients go to die: hash browns, onions, cheese, potato chips, corn flakes, and cream soup.

3. Hot Dish (Minnesota)

“Hoddish” is a hot mess of ground beef, pasta, tomato, and cheese. Variations include versions with green beans, cream of mushroom soup and sauerkraut.

2. Vinegar Fries (Delaware)

Why would you do that to a french fry?

1. Deep Dish Pizza (Illinois)

The picture alone triggers my gag reflex.
      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ench-bulldogs/

August 24, 2014

Video: French bulldog run

Photos: The Running of the Bulldogs, Lulu, Garlic Fest, Akemi, Pie Championship, Kirsten, Liz, Joe Mallozzi, Nicole, Lan

Well, I had a lot I wanted to get done to day and, although I didn’t accomplish everything, it was a nice, full day…

1) The Running of the Bulldogs

Akemi and I headed down to Yaletown early this morning to register our french bulldog, Lulu, for “the running of the bulldogs”, part of a HUGE dog-themed festival that included various vendor booths, complimentary dog treats, and doggy wading pools. I registered her at 11: 00 a.m. as per the instructions in the flyer, specifying her name, my name, her weight (21 lbs), and her nickname (LeLouche). Unfortunately, when it came time for the actual races, we could hardly hear the host and his ineffective bullhorn. Perhaps more frustrating was the fact that they were calling in the participants out of sequence, NOT in the order in which they registered but some weird, randomized order known only to them. I was eager to have Lulu run (she had carbed up that morning), but we were dog-sitting our old friend Petunia who was so exhausted that Akemi feared she might pass out. So we left early. Lulu missed out on her chance to run. And I had to carry Petunia back to the car.

2) Garlic Fest

We dropped off the dogs, then headed over the Richmond for the Garlic Festival – to try the much-hyped garlic ice cream. A potential weird-food-purchase-of-the-day perhaps? Alas, the garlic ice cream was sold out by the time we got there – so we had to settle for garlic scape pizza, roasted garlic, and six bulbs of Russian Red!

3) Pie Championship!

We returned home, walked the dogs, then hopped back into the car and headed over to the city’s east end for the Incredible Pie Championship! $5 got you a taste of all 21 pies competing across five categories: Sweet, Savory, Structural, Vegan and Best in Show. We met up with friends (Nicole and Lan), made new ones (Kirsten, Liz, Wendy, and guy standing in line who looked like Ronon Dex), and enjoyed A LOT of pie.

We came home, exhausted. Akemi took her shower and was ready for bed. At 8:00 p.m.! Also, she sunburnt her ears.
        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...25-2014-uh-oh/

August 25, 2014

Photo: Snow monkey

Production has a way of sneaking up on you. One second you’re spinning stories for your first season and, the next, you’re boarding a plane for Toronto to oversee construction of those spaceship and space station sets.

I recently received a copy of our prep schedule and it looks like we’re officially underway roughly a month earlier than I had imagined, meaning I’ll probably be making the east coast move sometime in October. Suddenly, I’ve got to find a place in Toronto, find someone to move into my place here, finalize those ship and space station designs, get the ball rolling on our visual effects. I’m also going to have to abandon my randomized method of selecting books from my to-read pile and just cut to those titles I HAVE to read before I go.

I’m thinking the plan will be to travel to Toronto in early October for those preliminary meetings and then start the moving process. I’m going to travel light – a couple of suits, the bare essentials, and then buy everything else in Toronto: socks, underwear, a deep freeze parka, dog beds, kitchen utensils, and a my kindle. Once Akemi and I have settled in, we’ll go back to Vancouver, pick up the dogs, and travel back with them – and only them. We’ll each bring a dog (meaning we’re going to have to purchase a round trip ticket for a friend because the airline allows only one carry-on dog per person) but ONLY dogs. No checked baggage. That way, our cranky pack will be in and out of that airport as quickly as possible. Yes, I’ll be going into production on the first season of an SF series that will be shooting in Toronto in the dead of winter and I’m scrambling to get all 13 scripts done before we go to camera – BUT the thing that’s stressing me out most is the prospect of flying my dogs across the country.

I’d like to say I took the weekend off, but that wouldn’t be true. I took a chunk of Sunday off, but then stayed up late Sunday night doing a pass on episode #3. It’s in excellent shape but I wanted to tweak some of the dialogue, clarify a few things, and make a slight adjustment to one of the final scenes, changing the location from her quarters to the training room. I also revised the outlines for episodes #5-8 and sent them Rob and Trevor’s way so they can start thinking about their respective scripts. Paul sent me his pass on episode #4 (which I’ll review tomorrow) and I’ll send him my pass on episode #3 (which he’ll review tomorrow) and, barring any unforeseen complications, we should have our first four drafts out there before week’s end – as planned.

We’re maybe six weeks or so away from casting but I’ve already started making a few requests for some individuals I’d like to bring in. As I said in a previous entry, we have seven diverse roles to fill and I would LOVE to make sure a couple of them are filled by some individuals I’ve already had the pleasure of working with. A few familiar faces would be awesome (1, 3, 5, 6?).

In addition to the pilot, I got three scripts done (episodes 2, 4, and 9) in August and I think that, if I apply myself, I could get one more done (episode 12) before I head off to Japan on September 10th. That way, I’d only have the co-write of the big season finale (episode 13) on my plate when I get back – and have to start dealing with all of the other aspects of prep.

On top of all this, I’ve got a Fantasy Football League draft to prepare for! My Snow Monkeys draft Monday, September 2nd and I haven’t even started doing my research! Who’s going to be good this year? Do the Packers have a running game? Is Dan Marino back at quarterback for the Miami Dolphins?
          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ng-t-v-deaths/

August 26, 2014

Photos: TV deaths

I say “My Top 10? because “Your Top 10? will no doubt vary. Having read the Ice & Fire series before sitting down to watch Game of Thrones, I was prepared for moments like Ned Stark’s execution, The Red Wedding, and the duel between The Mountain and The Red Viper. Similarly, behind-the-scenes developments on other shows prepared me for the “writing off” of certain characters. And then there are those shows whose entanglements keeps you in a constant state of wariness, waiting for the other shoe to drop so that when it does and a character like The Sopranos’ Adriana gets bumped off, you’re left surprised…but not all that shocked.

No, the following 10 television deaths are moments that took me by surprise; moments I didn’t see coming. In some cases, I really should have. But at the time I watched them – spoiler free – these deaths left me completely and utterly shocked.

WARNING: SPOILERS ABOUND!

#10. Lady Sybil (Downton Abbey)

Look, I know it’s a soap opera and that characters die all the time in soap operas but…Lady Sybil? Young, earnest, idealistic Lady Sybil dying during childbirth? And her death partly attributable to her own father’s ignorance? Shocking!

#9. Dale (The Walking Dead)

I’ve been reading the comic book series for years, so the deaths of Shane and Lori weren’t all that shocking as the characters had far outlived their comic book counterparts. But Dale? Dale?! Now THAT was a shocker!

#8. Jimmy Darmody (Boardwalk Empire)

The death of Jimmy Darmody at the hands of Nucky Thompson was shocking in most part because it didn’t make a whole lot of sense. Nucky executes Jimmy for turning against him, yet lets Eli walk free. Yes, I know, Eli is Nucky’s brother, but Jimmy was like a son to him. Strange.

#7. Lem (The Shield)

For seasons, the members of Mackey’s strike team were inseparable: Vic, Shane, Lem, and the guy who got his face seared on the stove top. And then, the team was blown apart by suspicion, betrayal, and the grenades Shane drops into Lem’s lap at the end of the show’s fifth season.

#6. Lizzie and Mika (The Walking Dead)

A two for one here. First, psychotic little Lizzie offs her own sister and then Carol caps Lizzie to end her threat. Critics were livid, but I thought it brave and shockingly perfect. The best episode of the series to date.

#5. Zoe Barnes (House of Cards)

Zoe was a pivotal character throughout the show’s first season, so to kill her off so early in the second – well I, for one, did NOT see that coming.

#4. Edith Bunker (Archie Bunker’s Place)

It’s hard to lose a loveable character, especially when said character is a television icon – even more so when she’s a television comedy icon. And for Edith to pass away in her sleep off-screen. Agh, the anguish!

#3. Omar Little (The Wire)

Yeah, I know. He was living on borrowed time and, sooner or later, his renegade disregard for all sides of the law would catch up with him – but for Omar to go out the way he did, gunned down at a convenience store by a young boy. That was a shocker.

#2. Terry Crowley (The Shield)

The pilot of The Shield still ranks as my very favorite for the sudden and unexpected twist at episode’s end, the death of undercover detective Terry Crowley at the hands of the show protagonist (???) Vic Mackey.

#1. Lt. Col. Henry Blake (M*A*S*H*)

This oen gets the #1 spot because it left such an indelible mark on my young and naive t.v. viewing self. M*A*S*H* started off as a goofy comedy that, in time, morphed into a smart, provocative dramedy – and a television classic. And the death of the clownish Henry Blake at the end of the show’s third season marked a pivotal shift for the show – and the television landscape as a whole.
            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...so-photogenic/

August 27, 2014

Photos: Akemi, Lulu

My girlfriend enjoys cooking, studying Italian, internet shopping, and posing for photographs behind those placards with the cut-out faces...

She just can’t help herself.

Lulu, meanwhile, loves any opportunity for a photo session...

And check out these gorgeous shots taken by our friend, Nicole:

I have a big Skype video conference tomorrow morning to nail down the look of our hero ship and space station. I’m not sure how to arrange a Skype session with more than two people, so I’m off to google “three-way” in the hopes that it yields some informative results.
              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...bubba-lobster/

August 28, 2014

Photos: Akemi, food, scotch-laced hot chocolate

Akemi this morning on her love for Bubba:

“Bubba is best thing that happened to me this lifetime. I’m so glad I met you.”

The other day, she made a little something for Bubba:

And a little something for me as well:

Also, yesterday, Akemi experienced an allergic reaction to something – and we suspect it might be…uh oh…lobster! She was understandably alarmed AT the prospect:

“But how possible? I am Japanese!”

and because she only discovered the true joys of lobster rolls all too recently:

“So sad my lobster honeymoon over after just one year.”

In the end, she blames everything on Martin Gero who introduced her to lobster rolls when he hired a lobster food truck to serve them at his birthday party a couple of years ago.

What the hell was Martin thinking?!!!

Today’s entry is dedicated to belated birthday gal Kathode!
                sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-tickticktick/

August 29, 2014

Holy crap! I’ve have less than a month to prepare for my move to Toronto! I’ve got all next week, then about a week or so after I get back from Japan to get all my affairs in order. To quote comic strip heroine Cathy actor David Blue: “Ack!”. The production will probably take me into June of 2015 and, unless I can convince my buddy Ivon to swing by the house to root through all of my old files and compile my 2014 bank statements, I’d probably better off amassing everything now and dropping it off with my accountant before I leave town. And I still need to find somewhere to live over there!

And find someone to live over here!

Also, the dogs need to go on a crash diet!

And I’ve got a script to finish before I head to Tokyo. Fortunately, I’m well on pace. Today, I completed what will probably be the most challenging scene of episode 12 and am sitting comfortably at the P.26 mark. We segue from this to the ship then back to the facility and…END ACT II! The big visual effects sequence we have planned for this episode is going to be CRAZY cool.

By the way, the Skype three-way went splendidly. We nailed down the space station (a.k.a. the tiered mushroom) and refined the ship design (more retrofitted weaponry, gak, airlocks, and the shuttle dock). Ian, our Production Designer, said our scripts have the best cold opens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_open) and tags (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheTag) he’s ever read. Very kind of him to say and, hopefully, when the show airs, you’ll all have the same reaction: “This is great! I can’t wait to find out what happens this episode!” and “This is terrible! I have to wait ’til next week to find out what happens next episode!”

So, what’s happening on your end? Wrapping up any projects? Starting any new ones? Reading/watching anything interesting?
                  sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hen-rainstorm/

August 30, 2014

Photos: BBQ Festival, Bubba, Akemi

Akemi and I were in Vancouver’s Gastown area today and happened to come across a BBQ Festival featuring pit and grill offerings from about a dozen local eateries. Also coleslaw. And rain. Lots of rain...

BTW – Vancouver does a TERRIBLE job of getting the word out about these types of events. I can only assume their thinking is: “More for us!”

P.S. Head on over here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/332854913534175/) to participate in an online auction in support of a service dog for blog regular Bethany Draves. Among the items up for grabs is a copy of Ripple Effect, signed and lovingly annotated by yours truly.
                    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...food-festival/

August 31, 2014

Video: Akemi

Photos: Akemi, Joe Mallozzi, Taiwan Fest

This time, it was Taiwan Fest where Akemi and I enjoyed grilled spicy squid, even spicier lamb skewers, and more inclement weather!

Akemi keeping her spirits up…

No food festivals tomorrow. It’s Draft Day! Time to set aside my script and start some intensive fantasy football research!
                      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-to-strangers/

September 1, 2014

“Never in my my life have I seen someone so chitchat with cashier staff.”

- Akemi today on my propensity for engaging retail staff in conversation.

It happens a lot at Whole Foods whenever the cashier gives us the option of getting ten cents off our total or making a contribution to charity (for bringing in our own reusable shopping bag because Akemi always remembers). I always go with the donation and am invariably offered three possible charities.

“Who’s winning?”I always ask. Not that I’m really curious because I already know the answer. The animal charity is winning. It’s always winning. And any charity to do with cycling is always losing. It should come as absolutely no surprise that people love puppies and kittens, and despise cyclists. Giving money to support cycling projects is akin to donating the money to juvenile offenders or telemarketing companies – except that juvenile offenders and telemarketing companies don’t occasionally veer into your lane, block you from making right turns, or sail through red lights assuming you’ll stop.

And it’s not just retail staff. I’ll talk to anyone: fellow customers, taxi drivers, those people standing in line to use the bathroom.

“I thought he was your Stargate friend.”

She makes this assumption a lot. I’ll talk to someone for a little while and then, as my conversation partner heads off, she’ll ask: “Who as that?”

And I’ll often shrug and say: “I dunno.” Or, maybe, “Phil” or “Tom” or “Henrietta” if the person offered their name AND I happen to still remember it seconds later (an admittedly rare occurrence).

I suppose that, in Japan, social interaction with strangers is considered unusual, if not frowned upon – although, from my limited experience, Japanese retail staff are surprisingly receptive to the odd (in both senses of the word) attempt to engage them in conversation, possibly due to a number of reasons: professional courtesy, genuine delight, or sheer terror. I can’t wait to continue this social experiment when I hit Tokyo and Osaka late next week. And I’m sure Akemi will be thrilled.

Am I unique? What say you? Do you ignore that age-old advice and actually “talk to strangers”?
                        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-on-the-clock/

September 2, 2014

Photos: Joe Mallozzi, fantasy football league

As it turns out, today was Draft Day for my fantasy football league! Following a season in which I dedicated most, if not ALL of my free time to researching the NFL, only to miss the playoffs, I decided to take a more laid-back approach to the process this year. I waited until the last moment, browsed some online articles, printed up some “expert” cheat sheets, and then discarded everything in favor of a “gut” approach on draft day. So, how’d I do?

Well, not bad. Not bad at all.

Also, not particularly good. Not particularly good AT ALL…

I got the fourth overall pick and decided to choose the Bears’ Matt Forte over Green Bay’s Eddie Lacy on the assumption that the Packers have always been a past first, second, and third team – and why would that suddenly change?

My strategy was to pick up another RB or a high-end WR in the second round but when I saw Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers sitting there (see above), I had to pick him up.

To compliment Rodgers, I picked up his #1 WR, Randall Cobb – unwittingly putting myself in a very bad position in week 9 when all three of my picks-so-far are on a bye.

In round 4, I selected former Viking RB Toby Gerhart who finally gets his chance to step out of Adrian Peterson’s shadow and into the limelight…in Jacksonville. The Jaguars can’t really throw the ball, so I’m assuming Gerhart will see a lot of touches.

With my fifth pick, I went with the 49ers Michael Crabtree, back from an injury-plagued season to reassume the mantle of San Francisco’s #1 receiver.

Round 6, I got New Orleans receiver Marques Colston. Very happy with this one. I expect he’ll see a bunch of targets this season with his ankle fully healed.

In round 7, I gambled on Bills RB Fred Jackson who has shown no signs of slowing down.

Then in round 8, I saw Carolina’s DeAngelo Williams sitting there, so I grabbed him. Not many lead RB’s left on the board at this point, so I was glad to get him.

I’m not convinced I made the right choice in round 9, choosing former Seahawk Golden Tate, but I figured he’s speedy and looking to impress on a team that likes to throw the ball A LOT in Detroit. Megatron should draw all the double and triple teams, allowing Tate to get some looks. Will he be able to step up is the question.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Former fantasy beast Darren McFadden was just sitting, waiting for someone to pick him up in round 10, so I did. He’s been dinged up quite a bit over the past couple of seasons and even though MJD is now in Oakland, McFadden should see plenty of touches on a team that will have to rely on the run when their passing game comes up short. Which should be most of the time.

I reached a little and took Cecil Shorts in round 11. No, the Jaguars can’t really throw the ball but when they did, last year, the speedy wide-receiving duo of Shorts and Blackmon got all the looks. And with Blackmon now gone – the NFL and Jacksonville front office tired of his off-the-field antics – that leaves Shorts to hopefully pick up the slack.

By the time round 12 came around, the herd had been thinned. I picked up former Packer great (and present Viking mediocre) Greg Jennings who showed a spark of promise last season. Maybe if the Vikes can sort out their QB issues, Jennings could well pan out nicely.

And another gamble in round 13 with former Panther WR Steve Smith who now finds himself in Baltimore. He’s a scrappy player. I love his attitude.

This late in the draft, I shifted my sights to landing a defense. I don’t really subscribe to the “Draft a Top D school” of thought simply because the top D’s change every year. Instead, I decided to plug-and-play, choosing a different defense each week based on their match-ups. I’d been eyeing the Bears D which will hosting the Bills and their anemic passing attack – but somebody nabbed them. And so, I had to settle for the Steel Curtain, hoping the Pittsburgh D can have a field day with Cleveland’s equally shaky passing game – and suspect running game.

With my second to last pick, I finally got around to picking up a TE. The drop-off from first tier Jimmy Graham to the second tier likes of Gronk and Julius Thomas is debatable. But there’s no debating the drop off from that second tier to the sizeable crowd who make up the third tier. In the words of the Gilligan’s Island theme song: “…and all the rest!”. I picked up Travis Kelce because I figured he’d probably be very involved in a KC passing game led by short play dump-off master Alex Smith.

And so, in the final round, I got around to picking up a kicker. Kickers are always a crap shoot. If you pick a kicker on a high scoring team, you’re often saddled with a guy who kicks nothing but extra points. On the other hand, if you pick a kicker from a team with a weak offense assuming they’ll have to settle for field goals when they can’t punch it into the end zone, you’ll be disappointed with a guy who rarely gets a shot because his team is never in field goal range. And so, with my last pick, I took veteran Adam Vinatieri because I’m backing on QB Andrew Luck getting the Colts inside their opponents 2o plenty of times – only to come up short because their running game is mediocre at best.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the 2014 soon-to-be-champions SNOW MONKEYS…

And these are the results of a computer analysis of today’s draft. I figure if I replace all of my starters with all of my bench players, I’d take over the No. 1 ranking:

So, how’d everyone do on THEIR drafts?
                          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...crackle-creme/

September 3, 2014

Photos: Crackle Creme

The other day, Akemi and I happened across a small dessert shop in Vancouver’s Strathcona district. It’s called Crackle Creme and it specializes in creme brûlée – oh, and waffles. Real Belgian waffles with pearl sugar, not those other ones!

The place is a one-man show run by Daniel Wong and, what he lacks in restaurant experience he more than makes up for in passion and sheer enthusiasm. On the afternoon we checked out his place, there were 12 different varieties of creme brûlée available. Since it was our first visit, I decided to go simple – straight vanilla bean creme brûlée.

The brûlée was perfect – neither eggy nor overly sweet with a nice thin caramelized sugar covering.

As if often the case when I can’t decide between two desserts, I get both. And so, in addition to the brûlée, I also ordered a Liege waffle with “adult nutella” (Pssst. The secret ingredient is booze!).

A terrific waffle – which I thought could have been even slightly more so with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. But I’m no waffle purist.

Check it out the next time you’re in town.

Crackle Creme

Opens Wednesdays to Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

245 Union Street (Vancouver, BC)
                            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...this-and-that/

September 4, 2014

Photo: Jelly

Today, I completed a first draft of episode #12 in which the various arcs we develop over the course of the show’s first season converge in a story about identity, loyalty, and friendship, culminating in a shocking conclusion that sets the stage for an even more shocking finale. It joins my first draft of episode #9, on a virtual shelf, until the intervening bunch of scripts get done. Paul is halfway thought #5 while Rob and Trevor have started work on scripts for episodes #7 and #8 respectively. Ideally, I’ll have a bunch of first drafts to review by the time I come back from Japan on September 21st.

Yes, I’m off to Japan next week for 10 glorious days of cultural enlightenment and eating my face off. Before then, however, there’s plenty to do. Tomorrow, a conversation with our VFX guys, Mark Savela and Lawren Bancroft-Wilson, to discuss the first four episodes. Next week, Tuesday, another conference call with our Line Producer and Production Designer – also about episodes #1-4, and ship and space station designs. And I’m hoping we’ll have our first three directors slotted before I leave.

When I get back from Japan, I’ll have roughly two weeks to do my passes on episodes #5-8 before I head to Toronto for our first official week of prep: more meetings in which we’ll discuss key crew members and casting.

At present, the plan is to head to Toronto for that week of meetings during which I’ll stock our new Toronto place with everything we’ll need: dog mats, dog beds, kitchen gadgets, pillows, toiletries, and a big-ass winter coat. Then, I go back to Vancouver to pick up my dogs – and girlfriend – and make the final move. Since we’ll no longer have access to a handy backyard, I’m going to also have to buy a doggy stroller to make life a lot easier for Jelly – and Akemi. On top of all that, I’m going to have to find an animal clinic where Jelly can continue her accupuncture treatments:

Is it helping her? Well, tough to say. Between the accupuncture, Metacam, painkillers, pulsed electro-magnetic dog bed, and joint pills, SOMETHING is working.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...aneous-photos/

September 5, 2014

Photos: Miscellaneous photos

Yep. Just as the title implies. Miscellaneous photos of miscellaneous things...

Drove by this car emblazoned with an unfortunate company name. Sure, P.O.S. can stand for Point of Sale. Or Positively Outstanding Service. But, if you happen to spend any time on the internet, another turn of phrase will probably come to mind.

Not a vehicle you want to rear-end. I’m not sure what 100 curries of Iridium 192 is, but I’m guessing I wouldn’t want it on my lap.

Two of Akemi’s recent prized purchases. I’m actually afraid to use them for fear of chipping one of those bat ears.

We parked behind these guys the other day and, when I approached to feed the meter, they went completely nuts with excitement at the prospect of us going over to say hi. Which we did of course.

When we were in Yaletown, this little guy chased Akemi down so that she could give him some much-needed attention. Look at him, so comfy!

Jelly is all better now and doesn’t need the diapers – but I’m going to miss those sassy shorts.

Akemi and her boyfriend.

My girlfriend.

Lulu prefers to play the field over being tied down.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X