Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...irresponsible/

August 16, 2012

Photos: Akemi, Stargate: Atlantis

“Blue!”announces Akemi the second the traffic light turns green.

“Green!”I correct her.

“Blue!”she chimes as if she didn’t hear.

“What color is that?”I ask, pointing up at the traffic light.

“Green,”she concedes.

“But they’re blue in Japan?”

“No, they’re green in Japan.” Beat. ”But they call it blue.”

“Why do they call it blue if it isn’t blue?”

“I don’t know. Why do they call them blueberries?”

I hesitate, wondering if this is some sort of trick question. Eventually, I go with the obvious: “Because they’re blue.”

Outrage. ”No they’re not! They’re purple!”

I was going to argue the point but then remembered a Food Network piece on the famed blue plate special that revealed blueberries are, in fact, closer to purple. Hey, they look blue to me but who am I to argue with science?

“Why do they call them strawberries?”wonders Akemi aloud. ”They’re not straw.”

“Why do they call them goose berries?”

She starts as if I suddenly showed her the remnants of a spider I’d squashed in the bathroom. ”That’s so gross,”she says.

She then proceeds to tell me that, according to one of her teachers at the English school she attends, the Japanese refer to green as blue because, back in the day (samurai times?) green and blue were effectively considered the same color.

Really?

“What do you call a red light?”I ask. ”Orange?”

“No,”she says, seemingly weighing my sanity with a dubious sideways look. ”Red.” She makes a face, then brightens. ”In Japan, when you say something is blue, it means the thing is immature or not ripe.”

“In North America,”I inform her, “when we you say something is green, it means the thing is immature or not ripe. Blue usually means depressed…or ecchi (Japanese slang for naughty or dirty).”

She incensed by the assertion. ”No! Blue isn’t ecchi.” And then, as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world: “Purple is ecchi color.”

“It is?”

“Yes. In Japan, when someone wears a lot of purple, it’s because they are yokyu fuman (Japanese for sexually frustrated).”

Really?

Photos of Akemi training for the big fight:

Fists of fury!

Continuing our trip down SGA memory lane...

IRRESPONSIBLE (313)

To be honest, this one didn’t really pan out. For several reasons. One was the location. The episode was supposed to shoot in a place that approximated the look of an Old West town, but it was only after the script had been written that it was decided that location we had been scouting was unusable. Director Martin Wood wasn’t happy with what it offered from a visual standpoint and there was also the fact that several of the buildings were in such a state of disrepair that the production feared they were downright dangerous. And so, out of options, we ended up shooting our version of high noon in Fantasy Gardens, a bizarre theme park location that is mishmash of various architectural styles.

The location was one of many compromises that had to be made in prep.

In the showdown between Sheppard and Kolya, the two face-off – and the rest of the Atlantis gang is standing right behind Sheppard. I found it odd that anyone would stand directly behind someone in a potential shoot-out, but the cast was adamant that their characters would “back Sheppard” up. While I appreciated the sentiment, I would have argued that, in this particular instant, one would back someone up without, literally, standing behind them.

Guest stars Richard Kind and Robert Davi were, however, brilliant.

Richard Kind improvises his dialogue in the scene where Lucius walks off with Sheppard and starts pitching him ideas. We loved it so much we ended up keeping it in the script.

After the episode was shot, Robert assured me he had come up with a way to bring his character back. ”Hey,”I told him. ”This is science fiction. Nobody stays dead in scifi.” True enough. Although the character Kolya made a reappearance in Atlantis’s fifth season (sort of), there were plans to bring him back in the real – but, alas, that story never materialized.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...tao-of-rodney/

August 17, 2012

Video: Akemi's Weird Food Purchase of the Week

Photos: The Vancouver Olive Oil Company, Akemi, Michaelanne Buckley, Stargate: Atlantis

Akemi and I were out and about today, running errands, when we happened across The Vancouver Olive Oil Company, a delightful little shop on West Broadway (2571 W. Broadway to be exact). Having recently read an article on the poor quality of the olive oil sold in most supermarkets (ranging from old stock to adulterated crap), I was intrigued and decided to check the place out.

Opened in January of this year, Vancouver Olive Oil Company offers up a variety of high quality olive oils and balsamic vinegars from a number of different countries: Italian Favolosa, Spanish Manzanillo, olive oils perfumed with Persian Lime or Mushroom & Sage, Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic, and Espresso Dark Balsamic – to name just a few.

Don’t know what you’re looking for? Well, you’re free to try any and all they have available because Vancouver Olive Oil Company is a shop AND tasting bar. Each of the 50 or so product selections are available for sampling and the friendly staff is more than happy to give you the rundown on the different offerings.

We started with the medium to robust olive oils and were surprised by the subtle, and sometimes not so subtle, distinctions between them. We were each offered samples in a small, paper cup and instructed to warm the oil by placing it between our cupped hands for thirty seconds to release the scent and flavors.

We ended up tasting about seven different olive oil varieties, noting their distinctive appearances, scents, and flavor profiles. Yes, in many ways, it was reminiscent of a chocolate tasting.

What did you think I was going to compare it to? Wine?

Akemi very much enjoyed the California Arbequina for its pronounced herbaciousness while I preferred the Spanish Picual for its peppery finish. I also liked the lighter Leccino which makes use of Tuscan olives.

We then moved on to the Balsamics lining the walls, 12 year aged whites and 18 year aged darks. We ended up going with the Grapefruit White Balsamic, Fig Dark Balsamic, and a Red Apple Dark Balsamic.

Akemi and I capped off our visit with a chat with owner Michaelanne Buckley, a woman who is clearly passionate about (and knows) her olive oil.

It’s fascinating stuff. Along with the glorious oils and balsamics, I also picked up a book, Extra Virginity: The Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil, by Tom Mueller. Should make for some very interesting reading.

If you’re in the area, check them out. Or head on over to their website for information on their company philosophy, products, and the 411 on oleic acid, free fatty acids, and polyphenol counts.

Vancouver Olive Oil Company

2571 West Broadway

Vancouver, BC

Closed Sundays and Mondays

http://vooc.ca/

The Weird Food Purchase of the Day video series returns with guest sampler, Akemi, who tries North American grape soda for the first time. And loves it!

TRANSCRIPT

Me: Thank you (to waitress)

Akemi takes a sip, makes a face like she just swallowed a hairball.

Me: Do you like it? (in my best smart-ass tone)

Akemi: I don’t like it.

Me: Why not?

Akemi: Tastes like for kids. I’m not kids. (beat) Like…this one is Fanta. Fanta Grape.

Me: Yup.

Akemi: But you didn’t say that (taking another sip).

Me: Well, I said grape. I said grape soda. I said purple -

Akemi: You said grape. You said purple color, but I thought like a fresh grape…

Me: What fresh grape is purple?

Akemi: I don’t know. Like a wine. (takes another sip – and makes another face)

Me: If you don’t like it, why are you drinking it?

She shoves the glass toward me.

Akemi: I will give to you. Eat ice cream because I want to eat -

Me: You want to try my ice cream?

Akemi: No, I want to eat cone.

The video ends there, but shortly after I stopped recording, she ate both my ice cream AND cone.

Continuing our trip down SGA memory lane...

TAO OF RODNEY (313)

I was never a big fan of any of the ascension-themed stories but this one has little to do with actual ascension and everything to do with Rodney and the relationships he’s formed over the course of his time on Atlantis. More than all the talk about ascension or even the danger McKay faces, what stands out for me in this episode are the small acts of kindness that Rodney performs in the face of his imminent death. Meditating with Sheppard, hugging Ronon, writing up a list of the great things Weir has done as Commander, keeping Teyla company during an Athosian ceremony, giving Radek a pep talk – these are all actions that come, not as a result of a change he has undergone, but from the heart of a guy who realizes he may never again have the opportunity to do these things with his friends. Great.
      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...past-the-game/

August 18, 2012

Photos: Remi Aubuchon, dinner at Miku, Stargate: Atlantis

Back when I was in San Diego for Comic Con, I ran into former Stargate: Universe writer-consulting producer Remi Aubuchon who was in town promoting Falling Skies, a scifi series he is showrunning for Dreamworks Television and TNT. He informed me that he would be back in Vancouver to start production on the show’s third season sometime in August and that we should definitely get together.

Well, the other day I received an email from Remi informing me that he was Vancouver, prepping production, and had a window of dinner opportunity before crunch time. The last time he was in town, we went to Ki, an overall underwhelming dining experience. I sought to rectify that misstep by suggesting we head on over to one of my favorite local restaurants, Miku.

So we got together, caught up, talked shop, and enjoyed a great meal...

A much more successful Japanese dinner this time out.

Rather than order dessert, we walked the block down to Bella Gelateria for a couple of double scoops of gelato.

Continuing our trip down Atlantis memory lane...

THE GAME (315)

Great premise.

Hmmm. For some reason I’m unable to approve comments. I approve ‘em and then they magically unapprove. Was ist los?

Today’s entry is dedicated to long-time blog regular Anne Teldy. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-past-the-ark/

August 19, 2012

Photos: Books, Stargate: Atlantis

I know, I know. What, you are no doubt wondering, am I doing STILL buying books – or, to quote an editor friend of mine, dabbling in “dead tree media”? Well, truth be told, I do own a kindle which I find very convenient…whenever I travel. But, the rest of the time, nothing beats the looks and feel of a good old-fashioned real book. And nothing beats perusing a bookstore and picking up a title that just happens to catch my eye, something far less likely to happen when shopping online. In fact, four out of the five titles pictured above were impulse buys. The fifth was the reason I’d made the trip to Chapters in the first place, a book whose release I’d been anxiously looking forward to for months.

Crackpot Palace is the latest collection of short fiction by one of my favorite authors, Jeffrey Ford, whose work ranges from delightfully curious to mind-blowingly inventive. I plan to ration these stories out, two a night, because this is a book I fully intend to savor.

If you’d like to check out Jeffrey Ford’s amazing work, might I suggest you start with The Empire of Ice Cream or The Girl in the Glass : A Novel or The Shadow Year: A Novel.

Hey, speaking of upcoming releases, look at what’s scheduled to hit the shelves just in time for my birthday month celebrations:

October 23rd! Circle the date. No one writes epic fantasy like Joe Abercrombie, delivering dark humor, colorful characters, and visceral action in novels that upend the staid genre in enormously entertaining fashion. If you’re interested in checking out Joe’s work, might I suggest starting with The Blade Itself (The First Law: Book One).

Resuming our trip down Stargate Atlantis memory lane...

THE ARK (316)

As much as I find great satisfaction in arc-driven episodes, I love these truly SF stand-alone stories simply because they’re so hard to do. Shep and co. discover a deserted space station hidden within a moon. Their subsequent investigation leads to a surprising discovery, a shocking double-cross, and a seat-of-your pants ride down from a rapidly deteriorating planetary orbit. Great performances all around.

An inadvertent bit of product placement occurs in one scene, the result of someone leaving a water bottle and Snickers bar in the shot. Nobody noticed – until AFTER the episode aired. It has since been fixed by the VFX department. I think.

The notes session on this script gave rise to one of the most memorable executive utterances. Just as the conference call got underway, Brad was asked to clarify something: “So, just to be clear…is this Earth’s moon?”. Earth’s moon? This series takes place in the Pegasus Galaxy. Welcome to Stargate: Atlantis, season 3.
          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ews-daredevil/

August 20, 2012

Photos: Daredevil

What dat stink? Cheese? Crap? Oh, right. Me just watched Daredevil, so it be both.

Movie begin wit young Matt Murdock whose father be a bum. We get cloying, painfully obvious shots of him cleaning up dad’s beer bottles. When he visit dad at work at de dockyards, he told father doesn’t work dere. He about to leave when he just happen to coinsidentally (!) walk by alley where pops be ruffing up some guy. Oooooh. His father DOES work dere! Just not doing legitimate work. Young Matt so upset dat he turn and leave, dropping his straight A report card in a puddle. Camera linger on dis shot. Hoo boy. Subtle dis movie aint. Me surprised it not include voice-over narration telling any troglodytes in de audience what, exaktly, be going on.

Oh. Monster stand corrected. Dere IS voice-over narration for troglodytes. But not until later.

Anyhoo, young Matt leaving dockyard get blinded by chemikals. BUT he also granted special powers: superhearing, agility. He show off dese skills in fight sekwence to Hoobaskank song. No. Really.

If monster may, me want to take a moment to comment on choice of musik for dis movie. It suck. Tanks. Back to review.

Father very sad and make it up to his son by not trowing fight – and getting murdered by gangster he double-crossed. Way to go, dad. His killer leave calling card on his corpse: single red rose. Why? So movie can offer contrived revenge ending of course!

Fast-forward. Matt an adult now. We see him wake up in special sealed chamber dat protekt his super sensitive hearing. Den we see him put on Nickelback and listen to it FULL BLAST! Take DAT super-sensitive hearing. And good taste.

Movie unfurl its tapestry of cliches. Matt offer his gravelly-voice voice-over (for some reason, his voice NOT gravelly otherwise). We introduced to snickering, one-dimensional bad guys who kill innocent people just becuz, oooh, dey so bad. We treated to rent-a-monkey dialogue: “What do you want?” ”Justice!” ”Time to give the devil his due.” Audience also treated to irritating romantik sub-plot as blind Matt Murdock hit on sexy girl, Elektra, in coffee shop. He follow her to park where dey take part in stoopidest sparring sekwence in movie history. Den, dey end up on a rooftop kissing in de rain while sappy musik plays. Monster not seen chemistry like dis since Gigli.

Bad guy Kingpin hire bad guy Bullseye to kill Elektra’s dad. She tink Daredevil responsible and go after him. She stab him, pull off his mask and realize…he really Matt. And, suddenly, she all sad. Uh, two minutes ago, you believed dis guy killed your dad, no? Bullseye appear, do a little stabby-stabby, and trow Elektra off roof.

Daredevil hunts down Bullseye and trow him out window. “Bullseye!”he say when he land on car. Damn, how much dey pay dose monkey writers?

Daredevil hunt down Kingpin but, instead of killing him (becuz, oh yeah, he somehow responsible for killing his daddy), he stop himself. Why? Becuz, he say, “I’m not de bad guy.” Huh? You just trew Bullseye out a window. And earlier in movie, you trew gangster onto subway tracks. NOW you not a bad guy??? Daredevil inform Kingpin: “Justice is served.” Boy, dat’s gold. Write, monkey, write!
            Movie end wit reporter Ben Urich writing an article about Daredevil dat reveal his true identity, den deleting it. What kind of idiot write out an entire article only to delete it de second dey finish? Oh, yeah. Monster forget. De kind of writer dat be a charakter in very contrived movie.

Speshul mention should be made of performances. Michael Clarke Duncan and Colin Farrell overact so badly dey cross into parody territory. By de way, little known fakt about Colin Farrell – he be acting equivalent of broccoli. You may not like him but Hollywood will keep shoving him down your throat so F U. Worst performance go to Ben Affleck who, easily, de most annoying ting about a movie full of annoyances. Truly, Ben Affleck be embodiment of de Hollywood Dream. Every kid watching at home can look at Ben Affleck and say: “If dat guy can be considered a serious aktor, den dere’s hope for anyone!”.

Me have seen lots of bad movies for dis movie club but Daredevil be one dat aktually make monster angry. Why? Becuz it be a giant turd for only one of two possible reasons. Either: a) producers too stoopid to realize dey be making a garbage film or b) producers realize and don’t care becuz dey figure WE’RE too stoopid and will watch anyting.

Dis movie be de worst possible example of what Hollywood TINK a superhero movie should be wit a lazy skript, embarrassing direktion, and performances dat range from inept to laughably over de top.

Verdikt: If dis movie was a guy, monster would kick him in de grapes. Repeatedly.

Rating: 1 chocolate chippee cookie.

Today’s blog entry be dedikated to Deni!
            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-past-sunday/

August 21, 2012

Videos: Psy - Gangnam style

Photos: Shamed dogs, Stargate: Atlantis

Don’t you just hate it? You write up a comment and hit “post” only to be informed your comment is awaiting moderation. Now, provided you weren’t rude or disrespectful (or redirected to the spam bin) your comment will eventually appear. But sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes, you’ll comment, hit “post”, be informed your content is awaiting moderation – and your comment will remain in moderation. You may initially assume it is because the moderator hasn’t had the opportunity to get around to it, but when your comment remains in moderation for over forty-eight hours while other comments are being approved, then have to wonder “What’s up?”.

I’m asking myself that today after posting a comment on a recent article on Time.com. The story was sent my way via blog regular baterista9. Intrigued by the title:, “Gastocrats Beware: Luxury Foods Aren’t Worth It”, I clicked on the link expecting an expose, perhaps a surprising truth concerning a luxury food item I’ve long taken for granted like olive oil (Italian extra virgin olive oil is valuable. That’s why is so often faked) or Kobe beef (Fake Food: That’s Not Kobe Beef You’re Eating : NPR). Instead, the article offered little in the way of insight outside of the author’s personal opinion. Why aren’t luxury foods worth it? Because Josh Ozersky feels that way.

Disappointed, I left a comment. That has been sitting in moderation since last week. Rather than allow it to perish in obscurity, I thought I’d just post it here instead.

Here is the link to the article: http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/15/are...oods-worth-it/ (Thanks, Gilder).

And my response:

I’m sorry. What was the point of this article? It’s titled “Luxury Foods Aren’t Worth It” so I was expecting the writer to make this point somewhere over the course of this meandering piece.

“Is it worth it?”he asks in the opening paragraph, and immediately answer: “almost never, for almost all of us.” Great. So this take is based on what? Well, according Mr. Ozersky: “The marketing angle is simple enough to grasp: scarcity is what makes certain things valuable, even if they aren’t that good. One need only look as far as shark’s fin soup, blowfish or off-year truffles for evidence of that.”

That’s your evidence? Your opinion that shark’s fin soup and blowfish aren’t that good? Many of my Chinese and Japanese friends would offer a very different opinion on the relative worth of shark’s fin soup and blowfish, both of which are enjoyed, not due to their scarcity (as Mr. Ozersky would have us believe) but, in large part, due to their texture and place in local food culture.

After touching on a singular case of gastronomic excessive, what he terms the $666 douche burger, he moves on to sushi, making the case that not one of a hundred diners would feel let down by a good piece of sushi purportedly made by a sushi master. Not only would they not know, but more likely they would close their eyes ” and sigh and kvell and call it some version of orgasmic”. Really? And this is because…? They’re idiots, easily duped? That seems to be the gist of his argument.

After veering off into a discussion on the merits of sushi knives, our author returns to the subject at hand: luxury foods. He cites the case of a wine purveyor who relabeled a wine in the belief that most of his customers wouldn’t notice. Sadly for him, and for our author, 100 out of 100 customers DIDN’T notice.

Which I think is the point Mr. Ozersky glosses over. Just because a lot of people don’t appreciate shark’s fin soup or fugu or can’t tell the difference between a 1983 Haut-Brion and a 1982 Haut-Brion, doesn’t mean others don’t genuinely appreciate them, or can tell the difference between the 1982 and 1983 , or a good piece of sushi and a great piece of sushi.

By the way, Chefs in California aren’t giving away foie gras because it’s expected of luxury restaurants. They’re giving it away because they’re prohibited from selling it and the demand still exists.

Finally, the author concludes with the (sarcastic) call for a required tasting exam in instances where a luxury item is ordered. Why? So that “fat cats ordering rare and wonderful things with no more pleasure, and no more appreciation, than a toddler slurping on Yoo-Hoo.”

Tell you what, Mr. Ozersky. I’ll promise to genuinely appreciate and enjoy my foie gras and bluefin toro sashimi with a minimum of slurping if you show similar restraint eating your perfectly acceptable dinner.

Which brings us back to whole point of this article: Are luxury foods worth it? Well, as far as Mr. Ozersky is concerned, no. And that’s about all I learned from reading this article.”

Shamed dogs...

More here: http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2012/08...ed-with-signs/ and here: Dog Shaming

Oh, I know they’ve wrapped, but I couldn’t resist just one more Olympic-related article: 5 Things They Don’t Want You to Know About the Olympics

Sometimes, you just can’t catch a break: Driver swerves to avoid moose, hits bear instead

Awesome -

Damn. I’ve got to start practicing if I’m going to be ready for this weekend’s Cos and Effect (Cos & Effect):

I’ll save you the trouble. Don’t bother. There’s no video. Two Ontario seniors involved in world’s creakiest fistfight

Continuing our trip down SGA memory lane with the controversial...

SUNDAY (317)

Martin Gero had wanted to tell an atypical story for quite a while. Essentially, it would be an episode that spotlighted our character during their off-hours. No off-world missions. No threat to Atlantis. Just a series of slice-of-life vignettes. But Executive Producer pointed out that, as interesting as such a story might be to hardcore viewers, the general audience would be bored to tears. Martin needed to find a way to tell his story within the parameters of the established SGA template. And, after significant consideration, the writers came up with a solution.

Like most any episode some things worked for me (the non-linear narrative, David Helwett’s performance, the shocking turn) while others did not (the mysterious Mike Branton who disappears after this episode never to be mentioned again, explosive tumors). Still, as sad as I was to see Beckett (and the terrific Paul McGillion go), I thought this was a great episode that effectively delivered on the initial premise Marty G. had envisioned – a peek at our all-too human heroes and the uncertainty of life.

The plan was to give the character of Dr. Cole a more prominent role on Atlantis moving forward but, when this proved unfeasible, the search was on for a new CMO.

Unlike some fans, I never read the final McKay/Beckett scene as an indication that Carson had ascended and I’m quite certain that wasn’t the intent. Nevertheless, the discussion and Carson’s fade away ranks right up there with ascended Daniel’s goodbye and walk through the gate as one of the most emotionally devastating moments in Stargate history.

Hmmmm. I think I’ve got an idea for our next poll.
              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...rsion-mailbag/

August 22, 2012

Photos: Akemi, Stargate: Atlantis

Oooh, only two days to Cos & Effect, the big cosplay con going on at UBC this weekend. It’s not just another anime con, promising a wide array of costumes – and plenty of blog fodder. Check out the details here: http://www.coseffect.com/

Akemi is raring to go, Oppan Gangnam Style!

Our trip down SGA memory lane continues with...

SUBMERSION (318)

I always loved episodes possessed of horror elements: our heroes, trapped somewhere, being hunted by some otherworldly creature. In this case, they’re stranded aboard a wraith ship on the ocean’s floor, being stalked by a mightily pissed off wraith queen. This is one of those rare opportunities in which Weir gets in on the action as well, joining the deep sea exploration of the presumably derelict ship. It’s also great to see Teyla kick ass – even if it is Ronon’s ass she’s kicking.

The one behind-the-scenes incident that I recall involved those unwieldy underwater suits McKay and Sheppard wear to access the neighboring ship. Because of the mechanics, it was always a big song and dance getting the actors in and out of the things. The suit would be prepped, they would crawl in, then the suits would be locked, effectively sealing the actors inside. It was an equally big song and dance to unlock the suits and open them again so, once locked, there was nowhere to go but forward – onto set and shooting. Well, it just so happened that Joe’s suit experienced some sort of malfunction. The resident suit expert hopped inside and made the necessary adjustments. The director was losing time and was eager to start shooting so, the second the guy had finished fixing the suit, he jumped out, Joe jumped back in, and the suit was sealed. Unfortunately, also sealed inside the suit with Joe was a wicked bout of gas the fixer had released. My fellow producer, John Smith, relayed the story over lunch, describing Joe’s muted, wild-eyed reaction after which John, in all seriousness, solemnly assured us: “But it wasn’t malicious.” The very notion that anyone assumed malice on the part of the farter made it even funnier.

Mailbag:

anneteldy writes: “Yesterday, I reported to the nursing home facility that while I was in the hospital, someone helped themselves to the cash I had on hand in my room. $132 gone.”

Answer: Well that truly sucks. And doubly so for the fact that the nursing home made you feel as though you’d been in the wrong. Hoping things pick up for you this week.

Ponytail writes: “The most emotionally devastating moment in Stargate history for me was the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis. Second was Ronon’s wig in season 5.”

Answer: Ah, the wig. Years of sporting the dreads began to take their toll on poor Jason, so the decision was made to cut his hair. We ended up working the haircut into the show (the head shaving sequence in Broken Ties) but since the first episode of season 5 picked up on events from the season 4 finale, we had no choice but to wig. On the bright side, at least we used his real hair.

Patricia Stewart-Bernard writes: “When Atlantis was not renewed, I had a thought that the same thing might have happened – that certain well known actors were negotiating their contracts a lot higher than the franchise could afford. After all, it is not unheard of for actors who attend conventions, and who are told over and over by fans about how awesome they are, to get swelled heads. Opinion Mr. Mallozzi?”

Answer: The Atlantis cast already had deals in place for season 6 so the cancellation had nothing to do with contractual issues.

Ivon Bartok writes: “ ‘Sharks Fin Soup’ though, should be banned. It’s tasteless, and offers nothing but a dish eaten for “cultural” reasons. People used to “head hunt” for cultural reasons, but they saw the light. Yes… I just compared shark fin soup to head hunting.”

and

dasndanger writes: “Joe, while I agree with most of your ‘unapproved reply’, I have to disagree with you 110% (if not more) on shark fin soup.”

Answer: If you’ll re-read my comment, you’ll see it is not a defense of the right to eat shark fin soup. Rather, I am pointing out that most people eat it for cultural and textural reasons rather than simply for show’s sake. And, for what it’s worth, I no longer eat it.

Jason writes: “Any word on more Stargate Soundtracks…?”

Answer: Sorry, I haven’t heard anything.

Jason also writes: “Oh and I had heard that David Hewlett had bought a good chunck of the SGU sets. Is there some truth to this? “

Answer: That would be a question for David. It’s news to me.

Tam Dixon writes: “ Did Paul M. decide to end his role or was it a plot twist decided by the writers?”

Answer: It was a creative decision by the writing staff.

Tam Dixon also writes: “I noticed that Teyla was talking about approaching a “love interest”. Was Rachel Luttrell pregnant or considering a pregnancy at that time?”

Answer: I can’t answer for Rachel. Paul and I only learned of the pregnancy after assuming the show running reins for the show’s fourth season.

sylvia writes: “@Joe – have you had, do you like – moon pies or whoopie pies?”

Answer: Yes and yes and yes and yes!

LJ writes: “How are things looking on the L.A. front? Are you moving to the U.S. soon? And what about the Dark Matter project? Speaking of which, when do you anticipate another DM comic coming out (please say soon!)?”

Answer: Paul and I are pitching ideas and developing some projects. Next week, Paul will swing by my place with his white board and we will start to break some of the pilot ideas we have before sitting down to write them. Any decision on L.A. won’t be made until 2013. 2012 is dedicated to writing, developing, and taking it a little easier. I was on a Dark Matter-related conference call only a few hours ago. Fingers crossed. As for new issues of DM – well, the trade paperback collecting the first four issues will be released in October. Depending on how it sells…

bailey writes: “OK, question: How long do you usually hold a grudge? Because you seem very, very good at it!

Answer: Ah, it really depends on the situation. If it’s a disagreement that stems from a mistake or misunderstanding, not long at all. If the other person is being a jerk, then a really long time. Reeeaaaallly long time. Why? Have you done something to get on my bad side?

gforce writes: “… if you had to give up one of your favourite foods, and I mean NEVER have it again, what would it be?”

Answer: Hmmm. I could probably go without pizza. Maybe.

Deni writes: “How’s Jelly doing these days? Lulu? Bubba?”

Answer: The gang is great – and full of energy, even Jelly (the old lady).

Anonymous J writes: “ell, I think I agree with the main point of the Time article, although I think he made it very poorly. Let’s face it, most of us *can’t* tell the difference between high quality and just ok – and I’ll maintain that whether it’s food we’re talking about, or writing or music or the color on a new tv. A lot of us overpay for a difference we can’t detect.”

Answer: Okay, but the title of the article implies that Luxury Foods Aren’t Worth It not Luxury Foods Aren’t Worth It to many people. I, for one, can’t tell the difference between a very good wine and a great wine, but I can tell the difference between a fantastic North American steak and a comparable wagyu, or great North American sushi and the sushi I eat in Japan. The article read like a bait and switch.

Anonyous J also writes: “But two people died (Carson and the standing-much-closer-to-the-bomb soldier) where one had been in danger (tumor guy), and only one of them got this great big over the top send off (they lose people every week, but I guess they only pull out the stops for those whose names are in the credits – yeah, yeah, redshirts) that glossed over his role in his own death and that negated his actual show history.”

Answer: I expect they held funerals for every member of the Atlantis expedition that died in service but we – the viewer – only saw Carson’s funeral because we were more emotionally invested in his character.

Anonymous J also writes: “Nobody ever complained about him – really? Never? Nobody thought the retrovirus was a bad idea? He was head of a department and never pissed anyone off? Oy.”

Answer: It’s not as if Carson went rogue, developing the retrovirus on his own. It was a project sanctioned by the Atlantis command. Also, there’s a difference between disagreeing with someone and complaining about them. The latter goes to character and is far more personal. He probably did piss some people off over the course of his time on Atlantis, but clearly not to the point where someone would raise the point at his funeral (“Yeah, he was brilliant and all but that time he cut in front of me in the mess line…what an *******.”)

Anonymous J also writes: “And I still have no idea what the point of that last scene with McKay was. I’m not even sure the writer had a point in mind.”

Answer: I believe it afforded McKay (and, by extension, the audience) the opportunity to say goodbye.

Misty: “…was there ever any question raised in the writer’s room about how Lucius treated people, specifically, his ‘wives’?”

Answer: The consensus in the writers’ room was that Lucius was a creep, taking advantage of anyone he could to further his own ends.

JeffW writes: “As for a mailbag question, I did comment awhile ago about whether there was any discussion about keeping one of the Ancients around as an arc or recurring character (instead of having them all killed by the replicators).”

Answer: No, no serious discussion was ever given to having an actual Ancient reside on Atlantis. If it had come up, I probably would have argued vehemently against it. I was never a huge fan.

Airelle writes: “Joe I have a friend from Taiwan who just lost her mother, do you know what would be the proper way to express condolences, I know the customs are different and I would not want to offend.”

Answer: Hi, Airelle. Unfortunately, I can’t help you here. I’m unfamiliar with Taiwanese customs.
                sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ast-vengeance/

August 23, 2012

Video: X2: X-Men United trailer

Photos: Lulu, Jelly, Bubba, Akemi, Stargate: Atlantis

The dogs make the most of the remaining days of summer:

And we continue our look back at Stargate: Atlantis’s third season with...

VENGEANCE (319)

Hot on the heels of the creepy, horror-like Submerged comes the equally creepy mini creature-feature guest starring the villainous Michael. Turns out he didn’t perish in that hive ship battle way back when. Either that, or he got MUCH better. Well, he’s back and he’s mighty pissed. He’s also brilliant (a deadly combination) and has put all that energy to work on a little experimentation. And when the team investigates the general well-being of some old friends, the Taranians (last scene in Inferno), they end up experiencing the fruits of said experimentation up close and personal.

Love Connor Trinneer as Michael and also love the character’s increasingly erratic and, arguably, evil turn. Still, he retains that flicker of humanity and vulnerability thanks to Carl Binder’s writing and Connor’s nuanced performance.

On the other hand, the monsters were well-served by the quick cuts and dark lighting that left much to the viewer’s imagination. I recall watching the dailies and laughing every time THIS fellow high-stepped his way across the screen:

Cookie Monster asked me to remind everyone that this week’s Supermovie of the Week Club selection is X2: X-Men United, the sequel to a move he actually liked! Can the sequel equal the original, or possibly even surpass it, in monster’s eyes? Check out Monday’s blog for his review to find out. Oh, and watch the movie so that you can take part in the discussion.
                  sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-first-strike/

August 24, 2012

Photo: Stargate: Atlantis

Days of Stargate Atlantis past wraps up SGA’s third season with...

FIRST STRIKE (320)

Atlantis’s third season concludes in fine style. Under threat from a powerful Asuran weapon, Atlantis has no choice but to do the unthinkable – leave! And the City of Atlantis does just that, rising up off the surface of the ocean and taking flight. It was an awesome sight and it opened the door to some wondrous possibilities – that were only explored for about two episodes, which was the length of time it took for Atlantis to find a new planet’s ocean to settle down on. As much as I love the visual of Atlantis being surrounded by water, I was even more intrigued by the visual of Atlantis surrounded by stars, for all intents and purposes one giant space ship. The argument against keeping Atlantis aloft (or having it touch down on a complete different setting like, say, a desert milieu or a snow covered expanse which were both ideas I pitched), came down to budget. Over the course of the show’s three seasons, we had banked some amazing establishing shots, all of which captured Atlantis surrounded by water. By placing the city in different surroundings, all of these establishers would have been shelved, necessitating the creation of all new establishers. Ultimately, I understood why Atlantis had to end up on another body of water, but I still feel we could have extended the journey through space over a few more episodes.

This episode marked the introduction of Dr. Jennifer Keller played by the amazing Jewel Staite. In the episode, she sports a Canadian patch on her uniform – which was later changed to an American patch through the magic of visual effects because Paul felt that Canada was already more than well-represented on Atlantis.

Also, that lovable technician played by actor Chuck Campbell finally gets a name. After much brainstorming and careful consideration, the writing department decided to name him…Chuck. Inspired, no?

First Strike also marked Torri Higginson’s final appearance as a series regular. Despite the serious injuries Weir sustains at episode’s end, a decision on the fate of the character wasn’t made until shooting on the episode had almost completed. I liked Torri a lot, both professionally (I couldn’t imagine anyone else in the role) and personally (as a fellow dog-lover, she had my respect), and felt she had to know as soon as possible. And, since Paul and I were going to take over as show runners in the show’s fourth season, I thought it only right that we be the ones to tell her. Sure, it would have been easier to follow the lead of other productions, put off the talk and let the studio tell her agent, but, after three years, we owed her that much. Torri was a consummate professional, graciously accepting the news and the opportunity we pitched her to continue on the show (as we had plans to take the character in what we hoped would be an exciting new direction, one that wouldn’t see her appear in every episode but would make her the point of focus of every episode she would appear in). Unfortunately, the planned arc we had envisioned for Elizabeth didn’t pan out (for reasons I’ll touch upon in future blog entries) and so, in retrospect, this will always remain a bittersweet episode for me.

Head on over to Gateworld and cast your vote in the Stargate Atlantis Season 3 Awards: Atlantis Season Three Awards: Vote Now!
                    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ect-kicks-off/

August 25, 2012

Photos: Akemi, Rob Belcham, dinner at Campagnolo, Giovanni Giardino, Cos & Effect

Last night, I had THE perfect meal. And, by “perfect”, I mean perfect for me. And no wonder given that my dinner was planned and prepared by Chef Rob Belcham. No one knows my culinary likes and dislikes, leanings and particulars better than Rob and the gang from Campagnolo/Campagnolo Roma/Fat Dragon.

Fellow owner Tom Doughty texted me earlier this week to let me know they had some very special pork in and would I be interested in having dinner at Campagnolo? Would I!

So, last night, Akemi and I showed up at Campagnolo where we were greeted by Chef Belcham who had that glint in his eye, the look of someone who was about to spring a surprise. As it turned out, several them over the course of our meal. No menus for us on this night. But I wasn’t worried. We were in infinitely capable hands.

It was served chilled with melon and a touch of chili. I told Akemi that, back in the day, when it was on the menu at the old location, I used to have two bowls – one to start the meal and one to end it. It’s that good.

Then, it was time for dessert and I was presented with...

What a great dinner. Thoroughly satisfied, we – WAIT! THERE’S MORE! Onto our second round of desserts -

I don’t eat out as much as I used to but the dinner made me wistful for the good old days at Fuel/Refuel – and, quite frankly, eager to come back to Campagnolo to sample the incredible-looking pastas and pizzas that passed our table over the course of the evening.

The meal was nothing short of perfection. A huge thanks to Rob, Tom, and the rest of the gang!

CAMPAGNOLO RESTAURANT

CAMPAGNOLO ROMA

FAT DRAGON BAR-B-Q

Hey, Cos & Effect (Cos & Effect) kicked off on Friday and continues through the weekend. Akemi and I dropped by this afternoon and I snapped a few pics – which I’ll be posting as part of tomorrow’s blog entry. Here’s a sneak peek:
                      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ut-cos-effect/

August 26, 2012

Photos: Cos & Effect

Yesterday, Akemi and I checked out the second year of the Cos & Effect cosplay convention taking place at the beautiful UBC campus...

Great fun. Looking forward to next year!
                        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-x-men-united/

August 27, 2012

Video: Hulk (2003) trailer

Photos: X2: X-Men United

Monster bummed after watching X2: X-Men United. Why? Becuz next to eat cookies, nothing me like better dan to complain. But X2: X-Men United not give monster much to complain about. It an even better movie dan original X-Men movie. For true!

Movie kick off wit awesum aktion sekwence in which furry blue mutant (not to be confused wit furry blue muppet) use teleport power to ALMOST kill President. Dis attack give bad guy Colonel William Stryker excuse to move against Xavier’s School for Mutant.

BUT Wolverine happen to be at de school and he be VERY cranky. So cranky, in fakt, dat he go all shish kebab on Stryker’s strike team. Most kids escape. Meanwhile, Professor X and Cyclops captured!

Wolverine, Iceman, Rogue, and FireBoyLad escape and hideout at home of Bobby Drake (Iceman). Bobby’s family come home and Bobby come out to dem. Everyone very understanding, except mutaphobic little brother who call cops. Wolverine shot in head and dis make FireBoyLad very angry. He torch some cop cars (didn’t Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver teach him anyting?) and dey eskape again – wit Wolverine who bounce back pretty well from head shot.

Meanwhile, Magneto eskape prison wit help of Mystique – and prison guard’s high iron content. No doubt, guard deeply regret decision to go wit spinach salad lunch! Magneto and Mystique team up wit Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman, FireBoyLad, Jean Grey, Storm, and furry-blue-almost-president-killer Nightcrawler (who was mind-control viktim after all) to stop Stryker. Dey track him down to old dam facility. Dis always de way. For once, monster want to see supervillain set up HQ in nice Viktorian brownstone or food truck speshulizing in Korean fusion quizine. Everybody suspekt abandoned missile silo but nobody suspekt Bill’s Bulgogi Buggy.

Anyway, X-Men infiltrate facility while Stryker use his own mutant son to control Professor X to control Cerebro to locate all mutants and kill dem! Jean fights Cyclops and smack some sense into him.

Wolverine face off against Lady Deathstrike who have adamantium clawz, just like him. Dey fight and he kill her but monster feel very sorry for Lady Deathstrike becuz she under Stryker’s control and not herself. Me imagine dat when not under mind control, Lady Deathstrike very pleasant gal who like to laugh, romantik walks on de beach, and perforating eyeballs.

Magneto turn tables on Stryker AND Professor X, controlling him to control Cerebro to locate all humans and kill dem! Magneto and Mystique eskape in helicopter – along wit FireBoyLad who join up becuz dey promise to help him come up wit cool nickname (monster’s suggestions inklude: Flamer de Flaming Man, Burny, and Hot Pantz).

Wit Nightcrawler’s help, Storm reach Professor X in nick of time and stop him from wiping out humanity.

Monster like original X-Men movie a lot and dis one even better. De skript be clever and fun, all de charakters get enuf screen time, and Cyclops slightly less annoying dis time out.

Verdikt: Dis movie be de equivalent of de double-stuffed Oreo platter at Sesame Street’s fanciest French restaurant, La Vieille Chaussette = Exquizit!

Rating: 9 out of 10 chocolate chippee cookies.

Sneak preview of next week’s videogame superhero movie of de week:
                          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...rgate-history/

August 28, 2012

Photos: Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Stargate: Universe

A new poll and another chance to win a signed script!

What, in your opinion, was The Most Heartbreaking Moment in Stargate History? In coming up with the list of candidates, I tried to consider the events in context. For instance, while Universe’s final episode was heartfelt, it was only heartbreaking insofar as the audience knew the show wasn’t coming back when the episode finally aired. The same goes for Atlantis’s more upbeat finale which, in retrospect, was bittersweet given that fact that it turned out to be the show’s finale. Similarly, the last appearance of (the real) Elizabeth Weir which sees her seemingly sacrifice herself so that the team can escape is also much more heartbreaking with the knowledge that she doesn’t come back after Lifeline.

And so, considering these moments within the framework of their individual stories, here is my list of The Most Devastating Moments in Stargate History.

Ascension of the Abydonians (Stargate: SG-1Full Circle)

SG-1 is unable to save the Abydonians from Anubis but, in a bittersweet turn, we discover that Oma Desala has helped them ascend. ”Death is only the beginning of one’s journey,”Skaara reminds O’Neill before disappearing.

Jacob’s Passing (Stargate: SG-1Threads)

A dying Jacob Carter receives a new lease on life after taking a symbiote, but, it turns out, even symbiotes are vulnerable to the ravages of time. Jacob dies peacefully, a grieving Sam by his bedside.

The Death of Janet Fraiser (Stargate: SG-1Heroes I and II)

Dr. Fraiser was a mainstay at Stargate command, a familiar and friendly face we’d drawn comfort in over the course of SG-1?s seven years of adventuring – so the moment she was killed by an errant staff blast was not only shocking, it was downright heartbreaking.

Goodbye Daniel (Stargate: SG-1Meridian)

The moment of Daniel Jackson’s death is heartbreaking in itself but an even more poignant moments comes at episode’s end when he appears to Jack in his ascended form.

“So, what?”asks O’Neill. ”See you around?”

“I don’t know,”says Daniel as he turns and walks up the ramp.

“Hey… where are you going?”

“I don’t know,”replies Daniel and then disappears through the gate.

Lives Unlived #1 (Stargate: SG-1Unending)

SG-1 live out the rest of their lives, trapped aboard the Odyssey cocooned in a time dilation field. They grow old together. Relationships are developed. Carter eventually figures out a way to turn back time, but it will undo the experience they’ve shared, the memories they hold. Ultimately, they make the decision to sacrifice it all – and only Teal’c will bear witness to what happened.

Farewell to Carson Beckett (Stargate: AtlantisSunday)

Following a solemn send-off for Atlantis’s lovable Chief Medical Officer, a grieving Rodney is paid a visit by the recently deceased Dr. Beckett.

“Take care of yourself, Rodney,”says Beckett.

“Goodbye, Carson,”says Rodney as Beckett fades away.

Solitary Man (Stargate AtlantisVegas)

Johnny Cash’s Solitary Man is an appropriate theme song for this alternate reality’s Detective John Sheppard, a very familiar Shep whose life has taken a very unfamiliar term. He cracks a dangerous case, saving who knows how many lives in the process and, in the episode’s final moments, dies alone and unsung in the desert.

Lives Unlived #2 (Stargate: AtlantisThe Last Man)

Sheppard travels to a future Atlantis where he uncovers the sad tale of what befell the Atlantis expedition: Teyla murdered by Michael, Carter sacrificing herself in battle, Ronon and Todd falling to Michael’s army of hybrids, the city of Atlantis abandoned. But the worst if yet to come for Rodney who at first finds some solace in his relationship with Jennifer Keller, only to have that taken away from him when she falls ill. Tests discover traces of the Hoffan drug in her system. She dies three days later.

The Death of Riley (Stargate: UniverseAftermath)

One of the most heart wrenching deaths in Stargate history comes early in Stargate Universe’s second season. The shuttle crashes and Sgt. Riley is pinned and mortally wounded. Two moments – first, his conversation with T.J., then Young’s mercy killing – leave the viewers (and our surviving characters) completely devastated.

Lives Unlived #3 (Stargate: UniverseEpilogue)

This time it’s the Universe crew’s turn to offer a There But the Grace of God. Happy outcomes for some, far sadder for others, T.J. in particular. In one of the most heartbreaking sequences in Stargate history, we see her deterioration as the disease ravages her body, leaving her bedridden and unable to feed herself. And then, she is gone, leaving her husband and young children to mourn her absence.

So, what do you think? What gets your vote? Leave a comment for a chance to win a signed script!
                            sigpic

Comment

August 29, 2012

Video: Aspen

Photos: Chocolate lava souffle, italian Donuts, apple pie, Marsha, Brett, motorcycle

My sister’s dog is high:

Aspen apparently feeling uber-relaxed following his latest chemo treatment. Fingers crossed it helps!

It never fails. Every night, Akemi and I work out while watching one of the food shows, be it Hell’s Kitchen, Master Chef, Top Chef, Top Chef Masters, Chuck’s Day Off, Chef Academy, or Around the World in 80 Plates. And, every night, we go to bed craving whatever dish happened to be featured on that evening’s show. The other day, it was souffle. Akemi had a hankering for a nice, airy, chocolate version of the dessert. I hopped online and was surprised to discover that Joeys, a casual eatery in the downtown area, offered a chocolate lava souffle. A chocolate lava souffle? At Joey’s? It sounded too good to be true. And, alas, it was. Good, but also too good to be true.

I was expecting something like this -

But ended up being served this instead -

This isn’t a souffle. It’s a chocolate lava cake. It was good, but not a souffle – which is what Akemi had her heart set on.

The search continues.

As usual, I cast a wide dessert net. In addition to the souffle chocolate lava cake, we had -

Joining us on this outing were my friend Marsha who was visiting from out of town with her friend Brett -

Afterwards, we walked back to my car where I discovered some douchebag had parked his motorcycle mere inches from my front bumper. I felt the urge to put my car in drive, knock it over, then drive over it, back over it, and drive over it again – but restrained myself because I knew that, if I did, I would be the one held responsible! It’s like these namby pamby laws that prevent me from installing that in-car security system that delivers a 50 000 volt jolt to any car thieves foolish enough to attempt to hotwire my SUV. I need me one of those after-market add-ons they sell in South Africa, built in flame throwers to discourage car jackers and squeejee kids.

Anyway, I was somewhat hearted because, the next day, Marsha sent me an email explaining that, after seeing us to our car, she and Brett stopped by the market. On their way back, they came across this little scene -

The offending motorcycle being ticketed. In retrospect, not running it over was the right choice.

Quick! Cast your vote on The Most Heartbreaking Moment in Stargate History (and leave a comment) for a chance to win a signed script!
                              sigpic

Comment

August 30, 2012

Photos: Aspen, Roxy, Maximus

Some of you were wondering about my sister’s dog, Aspen, who made an appearance in yesterday’s blog – a video of him following his post-chemo treatment, clearly feeling a little zoned-out. Well, here’s the update. In early June, the poor boy was diagnosed with prostate cancer that had metastasized to his bladder and lymph node. He started chemo and, after a full round, he was switched to daily leukeran chemo pills. Pictured below, Aspen following one of his treatments, receiving some TLC from his buddy Roxy.

A recent ultrasound showed a slight increase in the size of the mass on his prostate and lymph node so his treatment was again changed. He is now receiving a high dose of mitoxantrone every three weeks. Another ultrasound in six weeks should reveal whether he responds to his new treatment.

Compounding the problem is the fact that he also suffers from autoimmune issues and takes medication for that as well. The side effects of these meds include frequent urination, which requires sis to line to cover the floor and beds with pee pads (which must be handled with extra caution because of those chemo treatments). Despite all this, sis and Aspen are in high spirits. Hopefully we’ll hear some good news in late September.

Not sure whether it was yesterday’s video of Aspen or just coincidence, but I dreamt of my boy Maximus last night. As most of you know, Max (pictured in the blog banner) passed away early this year after being diagnosed with a malignant melanoma in July of 2011. Like Aspen, he underwent a series of treatments, radiation rather than chemo, in addition to an anti-cancer vaccine. It was expensive and exhausting and, ultimately, still wasn’t enough to save him in the end, and yet I don’t regret having done it. Rather, I’m sure I would have regretted NOT having done everything I could have at the time.

Anyway, yes, I dreamt of Maximus. But it wasn’t the sick, tired Maximus in the last few months of his life or the laid-back, chunky Maximus of most of his adult life. It was puppy Max. In the dream, I happened to look over and there he was, happy to be back with us. And, as I went over to pat his head, he sat up and started to gently nibble on the tip of my fingers with his front teeth. It was something he used to do all the time when he was a puppy, something I’d completely forgotten about until I was reminded about it in my dream. How weird is that?

I’m dedicating this entry to all of the furry four-legged friends who are no longer with us. Tell me about them. Post a pic if you have one.

Puppy Maximus...

Continuing the melancholy theme of this blog, I’d like to remind everyone to cast your vote for The Most Heartbreaking Moment in Stargate History. And leave a comment on the poll page for a chance to win a signed script! Polls close Sunday night.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X