Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-garde-manger/

December 28, 2011

Photos: Akemi, snow, Joe Mallozzi, drink, dinner

Every time I came back to my home town of Montreal, there’s always a moment when I think “Y’know, I could really see myself moving back.” And then the temperature drops, the snow falls, the streets and sidewalks transform into skating rinks, and sanity prevails. No, I won’t be moving back anytime soon.

Today, the driving conditions were terrible – which is unfortunate given that I had to spend a good four hours in the car running errands.

Fortunately, my winter driving skills are as sharp as ever and I was able to gather the ingredients for tomorrow night’s port-braised short rib and ox-tail dinner. Wonder how my short rib will compare to Chuck’s.

“Chuck? Chuck who?”you may ask. Why, Montreal’s own celebrity chef Chuck Hughes whose comfort food and down home cooking earned him his own show, a spot as one of the participants vying for the position of The Next Iron Chef, and a win in kitchen stadium vs. Bobby Flay. Last night, we checked out his restaurant, Garde Manger, in Old Montreal.

We were seated at 6:00, ordered our drinks, perused the menu on the big chalkboard, ordered four appetizers, three mains, and all the desserts.

Apparently two Andria’s had reserved tables for 6:00 and the management couldn’t find our reservation (even though they’d phoned my sister to confirm her reservation that afternoon). Fortunately, my Andria arrived first and we’d been seated and ordered before anyone noticed.

Our three appetizers: a fantastic lobster poutine, a white beet and stilton salad that Akemi really enjoyed, a super spicy yet downright delicious jerk crab with ginger and lime, and -

We elected to do only three mains so that we cold tackle the full slate of desserts: the braised short-ribs with cauliflower puree and crispy brussel sprouts, the scallops with bacon gnocchi and carrot butter, and the rock shrimp risotto with with lobster bisque. Loved the first two – especially the crispy brussel sprouts! – but found the risotto too tangy. Akemi disagreed. She loves tangy!

As I said, we went all in with the desserts: deep-fried Mars Bar with vanilla ice cream, a home made chocolate brownie a la mode, fried banana with whipped cream, and some sort of white cake and cream with fruit – and, well, you all know how I feel about fruit with my dessert. Mars Bar = winner!

Sadly, no Chuck. Akemi was terribly disappointed.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ooking-duties/

December 29, 2011

Photos: Bertram, Mel, Lawrence, gift, dinner

My annual trips back to Montreal are an opportunity to catch up with friends and family. Usually, these are planned events – lunches, dinners, or occasions to get-together for drinks and/or desserts. Sometimes, they are unplanned encounters in which I’ll run into an old friend simply going about my daily activities (ie. running errands for mom, killing time while I’m waiting for mom to run errands, etc). And, strangely enough, when that happens, it’s usually my old buddy Bertram I’ll run into. Last year, for instance, I ran into him at a grocery store. This year, I happened upon him at the Fairview Mall where I found him, standing alone amid the surrounding hubbub, texting his family who had apparently abandoned him in their shopping frenzy.

Bertram was part of the original Movie Nite Crew (made up of the likes of Supa Nige, Sushi Man, Champion, Flipski, Big Daddy and, of course, your truly – Movie Man) that would gather one night once weekly to watch testosterone-fueled films (at the time, Hong Kong movies were the rage). The tradition has apparently fallen off since I left town, but the gang still gets together every once in a while. Like, say, this Friday night when Supa Nige hosts a little soiree complete with Caribbean cuisine and an action-themed double feature. Last time he threw one of these, we screened some Jamaican gangster movie that prompted our excitable host to leap out of his seat at one point – knocking a speaker off the ceiling and bringing it crashing down to the floor. Here’s hoping he had the couches outfitted with seat belts for Friday night’s screening.

Speaking of catching up with friends, today I had the opportunity to lunch with my good buddy, Lawrence, and his wife (budette) Mel.

Last night, Akemi, Sis and I hit my favorite restaurant in Montreal: Au Pied de Cochon. We split a half dozen appetizers, two mains, and a couple of desserts – all fantastic. Rustic Quebec comfort food at its finest.

A terrific meal. My only complaint was that my favorite dessert, the blistering Pouding de Chomeur, wasn’t on the menu. And it was missing the last time I visited as well. The waiter informs us that the owner only wants to use the restaurant’s own maple syrup in the dish but, apparently, needed all the available maple syrup for some cabane a sucre even they were hosting. Really? Come on! You can’t have it both ways. If you only want to use your own maple syrup, then make enough!

Making my port-braised meatacular for dinner tonight (short ribs, ox-tail, beef cheek, and pork cheek) – and two kinds of chocolate truffles for dessert (milk chocolate nutella truffles with gianduja liqueur and sliced almonds, and dark chocolate maple syrup with grand marnier and crushed cashews). Will report back tomorrow on the results.
      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-news-of-note/

December 30, 2011

Photos: Christmas ornaments, Maximus

I’ve been doing quite a few online interviews in support of my comic book, Dark Matter, that launches January 11, 2011. The latest here with Ryan Thomason at WatchPlayRead (http://watchplayread.com/wpr-intervi...seph-mallozzi/) in which I discuss both Dark Matter and Stargate.

Now onto matters of equal importance...

I am very disappointed with the lack of ugly Christmas ornaments out there. I was expecting a veritable cavalcade of creepiness to grace this blog. What I received, instead, was a simple smattering of suspect taste. My sister, already in the running with one of her entries, one-bettered herself by gifting Akemi the following delicate little monstrosity:

It’s all in the side view. I, meanwhile, received a far more tasteful branch-hanger:

Made Christmas truffles last night. And what, exactly, makes them “Christmas truffles” besides the obvious fact that I’m making them during the holiday season? Absolutely nothing. The cocoa powder-dusted milk chocolate-nutella and gianduja liqueur were the big winners.

So, how are you all recovering from the holiday cheer? Relaxing? Watching anything? I should really get around to watching (actually rewatching for the hundredth time) A Christmas Story – the greatest holiday movie of all time (Trains, Planes, and Automobiles comes in a close second)! I’m presently working my way through the third season of my new fave series, Breaking Bad, and looking forward to season 4 that I downloaded to my Mac from iTunes prior to leaving Vancouver. I hear the fifth season, premiering this summer, will be its last.

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about my pug, Maximus. His appetite is back and he seems to have returned to a lower-key version of his old self. He’s been especially needy of late, following Akemi and my mother around the house, but, sadly, has been keeping a wary distance from me since I am the dispenser of medicines (in bitter liquid form squirted into his mouth twice daily). My immediate concern is his weight. He was a downright svelte 18 pounds on the way here, just perfect for carry-on status. I’ve got to make sure he stays nice and trim – at least until we’re back home in Vancouver.

Some news of note...

Forget that new car. Start saving up for a bomb shelter condo. Need I remind you that 2012 is almost upon us? Doomsday, anyone ?

And sticking with the doomsday theme: 10 Real Survival Guides for One Very Fake Apocalypse

And was we wrap up 2011, let’s get to those best and worst lists:

Worst films of 2011 Agree? Disagree?

Worst celebrity baby names of 2011: Moroccan, Bear Blu, Zuzu Mostly agree, I’m sure.

The Most Epically Awful Videos of 2011: Even Worse Than Rebecca … Really? Even worse than Friday?

The 10 Stupidest Crimes of 2011 Consider yourselves forewarned. Do not make these same mistakes.

11 Of The Stupidest Employees Of 2011 – Careers Articles Also take note – calling in a bomb threat at work is not the best way to secure a day off.

An early blog entry today as I’m off to run some (more) errands and attend a party. Don’t want to keep you up too late waiting for my post as I know a few of you (Das) turn in before nightfall.
        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ews-and-links/

December 31, 2011

Video: Maximus

Tonight we partake in a grand Mallozzi New Year’s Eve tradition. We’ll all gather at my sister’s place, overeat, chat, possibly play some Italian bingo, grow exhausted waiting for the countdown from Times Square, and turn in for the night well before midnight. What about you all? I’m sure your plans are nowhere near as exciting, but I want to hear about them anyway. How are you welcoming in 2012? What resolutions do you plan to make…and ultimately discard by late February?

Joe’s 2012 New Year’s Resolutions:

1. Sit down to a marathon viewing of the entire 1967 animated Spiderman series. I know, I know. I’ve been talking about this for ages but this year, I’m really going to do it!

2. Finish that pilot script I’ve been kicking around, like, forever. I mean, seriously. I’ve been working on this particular pilot, on and off, for two years now – writing, rewriting, shelving, re-rewriting, shelving, re-re-rewriting. And shelving. Compare to my buddy Robert Cooper who joined a bunch of us for a dinner back in Toronto where we discussed a fellow friend’s unnervingly creepy experience in what some (ie. those two dudes from Ghost Hunters) would consider a haunted house. ”We should write a script based on this story,”Rob said at the time. Two months later, he had completed the script and was shopping it around. Okay, I know. Rob Cooper is possessed of superhuman writing abilities. Still, if he can knock off a feature in two months, I should be able to complete a pilot script in less than two years. No?

3. Complete research on that grand historical drama and, if all goes well, actually start writing the script.

4. Set up Dark Matter as a television series (or mini-series). The comic book launches January 11, 2012 (but you knew that already) and, while getting a television series up and running is a daunting challenge, we have the personnel and game plan in place to make it happen.

5. Investigate the deepest, darkest recesses of my crawlspace and clear it out by getting rid of half the stuff that’s been sitting there, in boxes, since I moved in six years ago.

6. I make this resolution every December 31st but, after my experience this year, I’m determined to see it through: When it comes to business, stop being so pleasant and accommodating to others and be more of an ******* (before they are).

7. Dramatically improve my Japanese speaking and listening skills. You know what I hate? Meeting someone who has only been studying Japanese for mere months yet speaks and understands the language far better than I do. More language CD’s in the car, more grammar reviews, more anime watching and, as a last resort, maybe a second Japanese girlfriend to help me practice conversation.

8. Master the doggy gate at mom’s place.

9. Wear my reading glasses in social situations to help cultivate a faux intellectual persona.

10. E-NUN-CI-ATE!

Let’s ring in the New Year with a few more Dark Matter links. For those of you living on the moon or in one of those pressurized undersea domes with no convenient access to a local comic book store, you have a couple of options. You either order copies here (TFAW.com) or go here (Dark Horse Digital) to order yourself a digital copy.

Interview with Marc Rosenthal at Nerd Trek - Interview with Joseph Mallozzi (Stargate) - in which I discuss both Dark Matter and my time on Stargate.

Follow-up teaser with script pages and some early designs: Teaser! – “Dark Matter” Comic Series by Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie (Stargate)

Interview with Ryan Thomason at WatchPlayRead - http://watchplayread.com/wpr-intervi...seph-mallozzi/ - in which I talk about Dark Matter…and touch on Stargate as well!

And a quickie preview from Famous Monsters of Filmland: “STARGATE” Writers Deliver “DARK MATTER #1?
          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...the-week-club/

January 1, 2012

Video: Superman and the Mole Men trailer

Photos: Dogs, R.I.P Stargate Fantasy Football League

Sigh. Only a day and a half away from boarding that flight back to Vancouver. Less than 30 hours away from a visit free and clear of family drama and wholesale awkwardness. Sooooooooooo close. But, alas, it was not to be. Now I’m left to count down the agonizing minutes until we’re on our way.

Hey, you know what I was thinking? Liar! You can’t know what I was thinking. I was actually thinking about doing a super-film marathon, sitting through every major superhero-themed movie produced, one a week, and then writing up (or having resident film critic, Cookie Monster, write up) a short review. It would be fun. Not so much for me but for you, and it would also serve as a warning to those foolhardy enough to follow in my footsteps and screen, say, Daredevil or Catwoman. I’m thinking I can even keep am easy-to-click-and-link rundown on this blog’s right sidebar.

Anyway, my exhaustive research (typing “superhero films” into the wikipedia search bar) turned up the following contendors:

1951 Superman and the Mole Men
            1966 Batman
            1978 Superman
            1980 Superman II
            1981 Condorman
            1983 Superman III
            1984 Supergirl
            1987 Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
            1989 Batman
            1989 The Punisher
            1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
            1990 Dick Tracy
            1990 Darkman
            1990 Captain America
            1991 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
            1991 The Rocketeer
            1992 Batman Returns
            1993 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
            1993 The Meteor Man
            1994 The Fantastic Four
            1994 The Shadow
            1994 The Mask
            1995 Batman Forever
            1995 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
            1995 Darkman II: The Return of Durant
            1996 The Phantom
            1996 Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die
            1997 Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
            1997 Batman & Robin
            1997 Spawn
            1997 Steel
            1998 Blade
            1999 Mystery Men
            2000 X-Men
            2000 The Specials
            2000 Unbreakable
            2002 Blade II
            2002 Spider-Man
            2003 Daredevil
            2003 X2: X-Men United
            2003 Hulk
            2003 The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
            2004 Hellboy
            2004 The Punisher
            2004 Spider-Man 2
            2004 Catwoman
            2004 Blade: Trinity
            2005 Elektra
            2005 Son of the Mask
            2005 The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
            2005 Batman Begins
            2005 Fantastic Four
            2005 Sky High
            2006 X-Men: The Last Stand
            2006 Superman Returns
            2006 My Super Ex-Girlfriend
            2006 Lightspeed
            2006 Zoom
            2007 Ghost Rider
            2007 Spider-Man 3
            2007 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
            2007 Underdog
            2008 Superhero Movie
            2008 Iron Man
            2008 The Incredible Hulk
            2008 Hancock
            2008 Hellboy II: The Golden Army
            2008 The Dark Knight
            2008 Punisher: War Zone
            2008 The Spirit
            2009 Watchmen
            2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
            2010 Kick-Ass
            2010 Iron Man 2
            2010 Jonah Hex
            2011 The Green Hornet
            2011 Thor
            2011 X-Men: First Class
            2011 Green Lantern
            2011 Captain America: The First Avenger
            2012 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
            2012 The Avengers
            2012 The Amazing Spider-Man
            2012 The Dark Knight Rises
            2013 Man of Steel

With the exception of the campy 1966 Batman, it looks like mighty rough sledding up until 1988?s Blade. What do you all think? Maybe you can all watch along with me. Any favorites in the list? Any, uh, non-favorites?

Hmmm. Looks like I might have to do two a week. Who’s up for the Elektra/Son of Mask double feature?

Need a little convincing? Well how about THIS trailer for Superman and the Mole Men?

Yeah! I knew that would do it. Grab it from Netflix and screen it by same time next week (January 8th) to take part in the discussion.

Oh, and while I’m reminding you about things to do, don’t forget to read Batgirl: Batgirl Rising by January 16th. And have your questions ready for writer Bryan Q. Miller!

It’s the final day of the NFL regular season. Teams are battling for their playoff lives and yet it all feels, well, anticlimactic. After all, the real superbowl – the one that really matters – was played last week. And my Snow Monkeys finally got their trophy...

Beautiful, aint it? Anyway, I’m considering getting t-shirts made to commemorate the championship. Who wants?
            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...er-travel-day/

January 2, 2012

Photos: Rebirth, Maximus

Another interview for my upcoming comic book series, Dark Matter, that hits the shelves January 11th – this one with Eric Whitman at The Daily BLAM! http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/1...ut-dark-matter

Wow! This Supermovie of the Week Club has really sparked a lot of interest. More, dare I say, than my Book of the Month Club ever garnered. It would appear as though many of you would rather watch a movie than read a book. Who’d have thunk? Well, here’s the deal. We’re going to do both!

For those of you who missed yesterday’s blog entry (No, I don’t want to hear your excuses), I’ll be kicking off a “Supermovie” of the Week Club starting next Monday. The goal is to watch every superhero-themed movie out there, starting from the 1951 Superman and the Mole Men to, well, whatever the latest movie to hit the big screen will be by the time we’re done (Brother Voodoo? Aqualad?), then gather and discuss with this blog’s resident film critic, Cookie Monster. Festivities will commence this Monday (January 9th) with – what did I say? – the 1951 Superman and the Mole Men, available on Netflix…and I hear elsewhere on the net.

The following Tuesday (January 16th), we’ll gather to chat about the second film in our intellectual little discussion group: the 1966 Batman movie which certainly beats any live action Batman movie produced prior to 2005. We’ll push our little movie group by one day because that Monday, in keeping with the Bat-theme, we have a BIG Book of the Month Club discussion on Batgirl: Batgirl Rising. It’s a trade paperback, a quick though no-less involving read, and should be available at your local comic bookstore. I’d like you all to take the time to read it and come up with some questions for writer Bryan Q. Miller who is a good friend – once removed (he’s married to my good friend Erika Kennair) – and a former writer/executive story editor on the television series Smallville.

Homeward-bound today. Hopefully yet another change in environment will give Maximus a much-needed boost.
              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...a-dark-matter/

January 3, 2012

Photos: Maximus, Jelly, Lulu

antisocialbutterflie writes: “I have garnered a lot of respect for you and your rallying behind Maximus for a while. There’s a strength of character and obvious loyalty for the things you care about that lures me back more than any amusement you provide. I now find myself in a similar situation and my understanding of what you have been going through has multiplied exponentially. Though I don’t have the financial resources to support a fight as strong as yours but I would like to query your greater experience in the matter.

If this is something you can’t talk about feel free to ignore it or even delete the comment. Frankly it’s difficult for me to say aloud even though it has been running through me head constantly for the last three weeks as things turned further south. At what point do you call it? Where is the line past which you are hurting more than helping? I’m grasping at straws hoping this will turn around because I can’t stand the thought of losing the 15 lbs of hell and dog breath that have been the center of my world for seven years yet I can’t help but feel I am rewarding his unilateral and undying affection with suffering because I am too selfish to let go. I know I can’t expect someone else to make this decision for me and that your line may be different from my own but I’m a scientist by nature and profession and I’d like to use all of the resources available to me. Again if you find this too difficult to address I understand but I had to try.”

Answer: It’s a question I’ve been asking myself since Maximus was first diagnosed. I know many pet owners who say “You’ll know when it’s time.” or “He/she will tell you when it’s time.” but I have my doubts. Maximus stopped eating in Toronto, just days prior to our departure for Vancouver. I assumed that was him telling me it was time. However, upon our return, Maximus started eating again and, while he wasn’t back to his old self, he was certainly better. Then several weeks ago, he stopped eating. Again, I thought “it was time” but, yet again, he surprised us all by resuming his eating ways.

Ultimately, I don’t believe there’s a definite answer. It’s really up to you. I know a guy who elected to make the call when his dog was no longer able to climb stairs. My other pug, Jelly, reached that point years ago and today – a stem cell transplant and spinal surgery later – she still can’t climb stairs much less get around all that well, yet she’s happy and vibrant and clearly enjoying life. In Maximus’s case, I’m not so sure. Amid the quiet misery there are flashes of tail-wagging happiness that give me pause. What also gives me pause is the simple fact that I don’t want to take the easy out. Maximus stopped eating a couple of weeks ago, right before I was scheduled to fly to Montreal for Christmas. It certainly would have been easier to make the call then, but I didn’t want to make a decision I would look back on with regret. And so, I packed him up and brought him along, flying him carry-on and doting on him during the holidays. We’re back in Vancouver now and back at square one. He stopped eating a couple of days ago (which suggests it may finally be time) but he still drinks plenty of water (which suggests it may not).

So when IS the right time to say goodbye? Perhaps the biggest indicator for me comes with those now bi-weekly vet visits. Whenever we take a seat in that waiting room, he begins to tremble. That trembling, his obvious fear at what lies ahead, more than anything, that has been the litmus test. In my mind, that reaction tells me he’s not prepared to go just yet, that he’d like to fight a little longer. Which is fine with me. I’ll continue bringing him to the vet, continue to pick up his medication, continue to administer those meds. And that’s okay. But should he decide to give up and lose that spark, acquiesce in the face of the upteenth visit to the animal clinic, then I’ll make the difficult call. And hopefully, when the times comes, that’ll be okay as well.

By the way, my sis – who has had to make the tough decision several times – offered her eloquent opinion in yesterday’s comments section. Check it out.

While we’re on the subject, Fondy gave me a couple of stuffed toys to pass along while I was in Montreal. Well, last night, when I got back home to Vancouver, I did. With predictable results.

Today, I sat down to screen Superman and the Mole-Men, the first entry in our Supermovie of the Week Club. I’m watching this one in 15 minute installments as the full 57 minute run time has proven too daunting. So far, alternately strange, annoying, dull, uncompelling, and hilarious. Looking forward to reading Cookie Monster’s review – and, of course, your thoughts next week when we discuss.

Hey, did I mention I have a comic book launching January 11th? You can get it here (TFAW.com), here (Dark Horse Digital) or at your local comic book store. Go pick up a copy of issue #1 because I’m going to make it a point to quiz each and every one of you about its contents.

Dark Matter makes SFX 360?s list of Most Anticipated Titles of 2012: Comic Countdown #3: Year In Preview (Pt. 2) | SFX-360: Bringing ...

I chat with MTV Geek’s Alexander Zalben and break down the ship’s mystery crew, reflect on Stargate: Universe and the future of the franchise, and offer my take on psychotic kids, and: Stargate’s Joseph Mallozzi Explores ‘Dark Matter’… And … – MTV Geek

I talk with Michael Meade over at Tastes Like Rock!’s Geekonomicon, touching on the development of Dark Matter’s visual style, the challenges of writing for the comic book medium, and some anime favorites: www.tasteslikerock.com/geekonomicon.html

Over at Angry Koala Gear, Charles Perez and I discuss my influences, “the plan” for Dark Matter, and my favorite comic books growing up: http://www.angrykoalagear.com/2012/0...writer-of.html

Dark Matter #1 will be hitting the shelves in about a week, so it’s time to rally the troops and get the word out! I’m counting on each and every one of you to take the next seven days off work (and/or family) and hit the net – forums, twitter, your cousin Marcie’s quilting blog – and tell everyone to pick up the first issue!
                sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...g-a-pet-peeve/

January 4, 2012

Photos: Comic books, salami and cucumber with a christmas twist

Wednesday is Comic Book Day and, occasionally, Graphic Novel Day as well, depending on my mood. This afternoon, for instance, I was in the mood for a little diversity so, in addition to the latest issues of the ongoing titles I’m currently following (Uncanny X-Force, Detective Comics, Red Lanterns, Aquaman, Thunderbolts, The Punisher, and Penguin: Pride and Prejudice), I picked up a few trade paperbacks that caught my interest:

DAYTRIPPER by Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba

“DAYTRIPPER follows the life of one man, Bras de Olivias Dominguez. Every chapter features an important period in Bras’ life in exotic Brazil, and each story ends the same way: with his death. And then, the following story starts up at a different point in his life, oblivious to his death in the previous issue – and then also ends with him dying again. In every chapter, Bras dies at different moments in his life, as the story follows him through his entire existence – one filled with possibilities of happiness and sorrow, good and bad, love and loneliness. Each issue rediscovers the many varieties of daily life, in a story about living life to its fullest – because any of us can die at any moment.”

AMERICAN VAMPIRE by Scott Snyder, Stephen King and Rafael Albuquereque

“This volume follows two stories: one written by Scott Snyder and one written by Stephen King. Snyder’s story is set in 1920?s LA, we follow Pearl, a young woman who is turned into a vampire and sets out on a path of righteous revenge against the European Vampires who tortured and abused her. This story is paired with King’s story, a western about Skinner Sweet, the original American Vampire– a stronger, faster creature than any vampire ever seen before with rattlesnake fangs and powered by the sun.”

RED WING by Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra

“To stay alive in the future, the best fighter pilots in the world not only have to perfect their skills and master their aircraft, they also have to know how to travel through time!”

BATGIRL RISING, by Bryan Q. Miller, Phil Noto and Cully Hamner

” Stephanie Brown, the vigilante formerly known as The Spoiler and Robin has taken on the identity of Batgirl as she begins her nocturnal crusade to take back the night from the underworld. Now she has become the target of both Gotham City’s heroes (who don’t take kindly to a new person wearing the cape and the cowl) and its villains (who want to see the entire Bat-family six feet under.”

The latter is, of course, this month’s Book of the Month Club selection. Discussion begins next week so pick it up and read it. Or, if you’re unable to get your hands on a copy at your local comic store, get the DC Comics app and download it (actually, the first six issues of Bryan Q. Miller’s run) to your iPhone or iPad.

Seven days to the release of Dark Matter #1, the first issue of my new SF comic book series! Today, my editor at Dark Horse, Patrick Thorpe, forwarded me my very first reader query for the letters page (Dark Matters). Not sure how this fellow got his hot little hands on an advance copy (all the way over in Trinidad and Tobago no less!) but I’m pleased to report he actually liked what he read, concluding his letter with a question that I’ve avoided answering time and again over the course of the dozen or so interviews I’ve already done for the series: What influenced Dark Matter? Well, the reason I’ve been consistently avoiding that question is because I fear it might give away the big second issue reveal, the revelation that establishes the series’ premise and drives our heroes headlong into a chaotic race for survival…and more answers. Fortunately, by the time this particular letter appears in print, all will have been revealed, so I can go ahead and inform him that I was inspired by the combined influences of a comic book, an old genre series, a cable series, a classic film, the remake of the same film, and a movie from the 70?s.

Hey, you know what one of my biggest pet peeves is? Bigger than theater-talkers, name-droppers, slow drivers in the fast lane, or those who use the term “addicting” rather than “addictive”? Coincidence! Specifically, coincidence in film, television, and prose fiction. It’s just lazy writing, a shortcut to cheap tension or convenient dramatic developments. In certain circumstances, coincidence can be a perfectly acceptable narrative device – on those occasions, for instance, when it works against the protagonist, complicating matters and making things more difficult for them rather than making things easier in the way of providing key information or allowing them to get out of jam. Narrative contrivances aren’t interesting. They just suggest a writer who has given up trying.

I’m exhausted. And I hardly did anything today! As opposed to Akemi who found time to get her hair done AND liven up simple salami and cucumber with a Christmas twist:
                  sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ntasy-line-up/

January 5, 2012

Video: Maximus

Photos: Dark Matter

Check it out! The advance solicitations for Dark Matter issues #1-4, complete with covers (art by Garry Brown, colors by Ryan Hill) and non-spoilerific teasers.

DARK MATTER #1

Joseph Mallozzi (W), Paul Mullie (W), Garry Brown (A/Cover), and Ryan Hill (C)

A derelict ship floats in space, its troubled crew awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board. Their search for answers triggers the vessel’s deadly security system: a relentless android bent on their destruction. Facing threats at every turn, they have to work together to survive a voyage charged with vengeance, redemption, betrayals, and hidden secrets best left unknown.

On sale January 11th.

DARK MATTER #2

On the run, with no memory of who they are or where they are going, and being pursued by an unknown enemy, the crew unearths a clue buried deep within the ship’s database. Their search for answers leads them to a remote world, an alien threat, and, ultimately, the startling truth about their past!

On sale February 8th.

DARK MATTER #3

On the heels of a shocking revelation about the nature of their mission, the amnesiac crew struggle to come to terms with their roles-—and each other. Meanwhile, a space ship bristling with weaponry pops up on their radar and it doesn’t seem friendly. Will a reckless response to a perceived threat damn them all?

On sale March 14th.

DARK MATTER #4

Abandoned by one of their own, the remaining crew members are trapped planet-side as enemies orbit their position. Outnumbered and outgunned, their only hope rests with a suicidal last stand—and help from a most unlikely source…

On sale April 11th.

And another interview, this one with Geek Crash Course: Interview: Joseph Mallozzi, Co-writer – Dark Matter | GEEK CRASH …

Slowly making my way through the fourth season of Breaking Bad, resisting the urge to burn through the rest of the episodes and ration myself to one a day. I fear I may go into withdrawal after screening the last episode (which, by all accounts, is unbelievable – Hiya, Michelle!). Fortunately, the fact that I held out so long before sitting down to watch the show means I won’t have to wait that long to catch the fifth and (sadly) final season which premieres sometime between March and this summer.

I fear I’m going to go into withdrawal soon and need another remarkable series to capture my interest. Something along the lines of The Sopranos, The Shield, and Rome. My tastes run to cable shows (although I loved Friday Night Lights). Have already watched Deadwood, Spartacus, The Wire, Oz, Six Feet Under, and the first seasons of Mad Men and Dexter. What’s next? I’m considering: Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Luther and Misfits. Thoughts?

Hot off my against-all-odds Fantasy Football League championship, my Snow Monkeys have been invited to participate in an NFL Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge. I need to pick a QB, 2 Wide Receivers, 2 Running Backs, 1 Tight End, a Kicker, and a Defense. So, who do you figure is going to end up in the Superbowl? Smart money is on the Packers, but I wouldn’t count out the Saints. The 49ers and Giants are also legitimate threats and, if they get hot, even the Falcons and Lions could surprise. As for the AFC – slim pickins. With the exception of the Denver Broncos, any of them have a shot at going to the big dance – or being upset in their first game. Decisions, decisions…

Hey! Guess who started eating again? I’ll give you a hint...
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know what stores in the U.S. will carry Dark Matter?

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ess-with-ivon/

January 6, 2012

Photos: Akemi, Jewel Staite and series regulars, Dark Matter, lunch, Jelly, Bubba, Lulu, Maximus

“Talented people is always crazy so don’t worry.” – Akemi, today on the subject of yours truly.

The other week, Akemi called me an “evil testicle”. I assumed this was the literal translation of some Japanese diss but it turned out she was simply repeating an insult I’d once hurled at someone. Or so she claimed.

“Evil testicle?”I asked. ”I’ve never called someone an evil testicle.”

But she insisted I most certainly had – and reminded me of the exact circumstances. I realized she was right. Sort of.

“Not evil testicle,”I said. ”Egotistical!”

“What’s the difference?”she wanted to know.

“Not much,”I conceded.

Hey, check it out! Big news involving a couple of Stargate vets: NBC To Pick Up Canadian Medical Drama Series ‘Saving Hope’ For Summer NBC has picked up Saving Hope starring Erica Durance and SG-1?s own Michael Shanks. Meanwhile, CW is finalizing plans to pick up Golden Boy Martin Gero’s series The L.A. Complex. I hear one more Stargate alum has landed a big genre gig, but the news hasn’t gone public yet so I’m going to have to sit on that particular tidbit for the time being. Nevertheless, congratulations all around!

Check out the Canadian premiere of Martin Gero’s The L.A. Complex Tuesday, January 10th and 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and Muchmusic.

And the very next day, head on down to your local comic store to pick up the first issue of my new SF comic book series, Dark Matter. If walking isn’t your cup of tea, then I suggest ordering the comic book online here (TFAW.com) or snagging yourself a digital copy here (Dark Horse Digital). Oh, and speaking of Dark Matter, here’s another interview I just did, this one with our long-time Stargate buddy Steve Eramo over at The Morton Report: Stargate’s Joseph Mallozzi Unveils Dark Matter

Met up with my Tokyo travel buddy, Ivon Bartok, today for lunch at La Taqueria (Pinche Taco Shop). A terrific meal followed by some discussion on an exciting side project. The plan is to do a little research, toss around some ideas with Paul, then write the script and produce a trailer. Fast-tracking this one as I prepare to head down to L.A. and start pitching Dark Matter: The Series!

Today’s blog entry is dedicated to Narelle from Aus.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-i-did-today/

January 7, 2012

Photos: Capretto, Pistachio truffles, Speculoos Ice Cream

Besides watch NFL football playoff action of course.

After watching an episode of Top Chef last night, I was in a braising mood this morning. I went to the butcher, figuring I’d pick up a pork shoulder when counter man, Spencer, directed me to the fresh, milk-fed goat they’d just got in. Capretto! My mother used to make it all the time! I had them cut up a shoulder, then stopped by next door for some apples and pears...

Since the guys are coming over for football tomorrow, I thought dessert would be appropriate. Or, more to the point, dessertS. First up: pistachio truffles.

Whenever I make truffles, people are all sorts of impressed but here’s a secret for you: they’re not that hard to make. Chop 9 oz of your favorite chocolate (I prefer a nice Callebaut 70%), then either melt over a double-boiler OR heat up 3/4 cups of heavy cream and mix it with your chocolate. Whichever way you choose to go, that’s 9 oz chocolate + 3/4 cups heavy cream. Whisk it up and add your flavoring. I always add a couple of tablespoons of some liqueur. Frangelico and Kahlua are great choices as is rum. Today, I went with Galliano (I like its relatively subtle vanilla flavor) and a half cup of crushed pistachios. Transfer the mixture to a refrigerator and let it cool for 3-4 hours or overnight.

Once it has cooled, it should be ready to roll...

It’s been week since I made ice cream, so I decided to experiment with some of the stuff my sister got be for Christmas.

Checking in on some friends:

Tara, former Transporter stand-in and Toronto arch-nemesis, blogs about her recent vacation, the ****ty Sonesta Maho Beach Resort in St. Maarten, and mistakenly swallowing a suppository: Vacation Diaries Pt. 1. Bikini pics to come in Pt. 2!

Joseph Dilworth of Pop Culture Zoo is looking for funding for his own indie comic book: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...udios/believer

Alastair Reynolds’ new book hits the shelves June 5th. You can check out the trailer here: Blue Remembered Earth trailer

John Scalzi talks about his encounters with authors before he was published: In Which I Meet Some Authors

Ask author Joe Abecrombie anything: Ask me Anything. Anything!

Mailbag:

Astrumporta writes: “Joe, you might find this article about Japan interesting… it explains how the West has a totally distorted view of Japan’s economic state, e.g. it’s always presented in the US as a ‘failure’, while the truth is anything but. Very illuminating! http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/op...uccess.html“

Answer: Fascinating read. It’s interesting how both sides seem to benefit from the myth. Hey, speaking of Tokyo…oh, I’ll save it for another blog entry.

Tam Dixon writes: “What does Spamochi mean?”

Answer: It’s my bastardized version of “supamochi” which is a bastardized version of “supa mucho” (super sour) chips. I’ve decided that “supamochi” should be synonymous with “awesome”.

Tam Dixon also writes: “What was the Japanese word that meant “don’t work yourself to death”?”

Answer: That would be karoshi. Our buddy Alexander still has the “Don’t Karoshi” post-it Akemi made for him stuck to his laptop.

Narelle from Aus writes: “Thanks Joe and to everyone that’s emailed or sent good thoughts our way.”

Answer: Let us know how you’re doing.

Michael Papak writes: “Based on what little I know, I would love to see Dark Matter: The Series picked up.”

Answer: You’re not the only one. I was telling my agent yesterday that we really need to position Dark Matter as the SF equivalent of a Sopranos or a Breaking Bad, a premium series with twists, turns, and serialized potential. Sound crazy? Well, three years ago, the notion of an ongoing zombie series may have seemed ludicrous to most and yet, now, it’s one of the hottest shows on cables.

Michael writes: “Why doesn’t Akemi have her own blog again?”

Answer: Of course she does.

dasNdanger writes: “Mr. Das’ big lyric misunderstanding was the AC/DC song, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.”

Answer: Me = Bad Moon Rising: There’s a bathroom on the right.

JaratheMusicLover writes: “Hey… I just was wondering what you thought of the idea of Eli fixing the stasis pod, and the crew waking up thousands of years later by being intercepted by an advanced alien race?”

Answer: A variation of one of the scenarios we were considering - May 12, 2011: Stargate: Universe, Beyond Season 2! What Might Have Been!
                          sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...otball-sunday/

January 8, 2012

Photos: R.I.P. Stargate Fantasy Football League, vegetables, porchetta, Ivon Bartok, Lulu, truffles, the speculoos ice cream

Tomorrow, I start work on that feature script I really should have written a year ago. What stopped me? Well, for one, the fact that the life of a feature writer never held much appeal to me. Given the choice, I’d rather be working in television, producing my own episodes or running my own shows rather than working in film, being tolerated as an occasional on-set visitor. I remember the story a successful television writer once told me about his experience in film. After scripting his second produced feature, he was finally invited to set where he was introduced to the female lead. ”When she found out I was the writer,”he said, “she looked at me like I was something she’d found on the bottom of her shoe,” So thanks but no thanks. But this particular script will be different because the concept and budget should make it fairly easy to convince most any studio to give me and my producing partners (Ivon and Paul) a fairly long leash in producing the movie ourselves. I’ll start tomorrow and hopefully have most of the first draft done before I head to Tokyo at month’s end.

Why, yes, I’m Tokyo-bound – a month late but going nevertheless. Akemi will be heading over to visit with her mother and I’ll be tagging along to check out the state of the Japanese sushi and macaron industry. Let me know if you want me to bring anything back for you. Maybe a life-size Gundam statue or plastic facsimile of a katsu cutlet or one of those 500 lb tunas from Tsukiji Market? Let me know!

Today was Playoff Football Day. We gathered for eats, sweets, and to track our respective players in the NFL Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge. While nowhere near as exciting or meaningful as the RIP Fantasy Football League Championship won by my Snow Monkeys...

...it’s still very interesting. I’m rolling the dice on a darkhorse. Let’s see if my Snow Monkeys can make it 2 for 2 this season!

Tomorrow, I turn this blog over to guest reviewer Cookie Monster who will be weighing in with his thoughts on the first movie in our Superfilm of the Week Club: Superman and the Mole-Men. Did you all watch? I hope so. I’m expecting a lot of insightful comments!
                            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...onster-review/

January 9, 2012

Photos: Cookie monster, Superman and the Mole-Men, Batman (1966)

Cookie Monster come down with flu – or maybe bug picked up from Grover jacuzzi party – and not feeling one hunerd persent so sorry if dis review make less sense den movie. Monster very sick. Last night, me toss and turn and have terrible fever dream. Turn out not dream but memories of dis week’s Superfilm of Week: Superman and the Mole-Men.

It start at Silsby “Home of World’s Deepest Oil Well” where company closing down. And trowing away big oversize wrenches like ones Oscar da Grouch use to whack homeless trash divers. After most suspishus glove-taking-off-scene in film history, reporters arrive to question foreman Corrigan. Intro Clark Kent (who look like Phil Silvers) and Lois Lane (who do bad job hiding her alter ego: Super *****). Dey find out company drill 32 740 feet …TO CENTER OF THE EARTH! Is world record! (recently broke by BP dat made it all de way to Hell). But now, for reazons not telling, Corrigan shutting down operashuns. Clark Kent wonder: “Why?”. Me wonder: “Who cares?” and if all actors in movie contraktually obligated to wear stupid hats.

When no one looking, two 50 year old tailors from Schenektady New York crawl out of ground. Dey stroll and look around all wowee like first class trip to neighborhood sex shop. But turn out not really tailors. Really…Mole Men! I bet dey get dat all de time.

Clark and Lois come back to oil company. Clark VERY alarmed to find office door slightly open. “Great Scott!”he say. Well, not so great. And not Scott but old guy dead on floor. Clark even more alarmed. *****y Lois reprimand him, say no big deal, just old man keel over. BUT sharp-eyed Clark notice oranges on floor. ORANGES ON FLOOR! How dat happen? How sack get dere? CSI dis aint.

Clark call for help. Person on other end of line ask what up? Clark say can’t explain. Not sure why not. Mebbe Clark not a phone person. Me like dat sometime, espeshully when mom call.

Later, Lois left alone in room sees mole men perving on her thru window. She scream and men arrive. Too late to see pervs but not too late to humor hysterical woman Lois who claim: ““Dey had bodies of moles wit great big human heads. “ More accurate deskripshun would be “Dey kids wit bathing caps and furry sweaters.”. Clark wonder “What dey want?”. Monster tink “Old man’s oranges!”. But monster wrong.

Clark say dey have to stay with body until undertaker arrive. Why? He not going anywhere. Finally, everyone else leave. Clark left alone with foreman. He turn and ask: “I guess you know why I hung around, Mr. Corrigan.” Monster tink “Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Clark cruising Corrigan!”. But monster wrong. Again. Movie full of surpirzes like dat!

Anyhoo, Corrigan reveal truth. Mole men come from…center of Earth! Everyting dey touch glow wit radiashun! But no explanashun for why dey wear furry sweaters. Maybe surface world colder dan Morlocktropolis. Monster dunno. Is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside of enigma surrounded by ****ty movie shell.

Tings happen. Mole man scared by snake. Mole men play catch wit kid. Lois ***** out Clark. Cookie Monster tink he be better off wit Corrigan after all. Den Superman show up. Nobody in town all dat interested. Cookie Monster neither but have to do review for stupid blog so keep watching.

Mole men end up on dam (for some reason) and, after worst use of spotlight ever by crazed mob, one mole man shot. He fall but Superman catch him and leave other mole man to be chased. For loooooooooooooooong time. But he get away anyway and crawl back into hole what he came from.

At town hospital, Clark arguing with owner who don’t want to serve alien. Nurse also creeped out. But doctor say duckie and Clark assist in operashun. While mob gather outside hospital, more mole men crawl out of hole in ground wit what look like espresso machine. Dey walk down main street and nobody notice except homeless man. And Superman who tell dem: “No one gonna hurt you. No one gonna mean you any harm.” And me tink: No one except…EVERYONE IN TOWN!

Angry townperson tries to shoot dem, but dey shoot first wit espresso machine. It shoot cartoon beam dat make him VERY tried. But Superman step in front and reazon with mole men. Dey sorry. Angry townsperson sorry too. Everyone sorry but nobody more den me dat skipped Big Bird Pimps Up Ho’s Down Party to watch dis crap. Finally, oil well blow up to seal hole back to Moleville. But feel good ending for dis monster because me feel good movie finally end.

Final Verdikt: Boring, terruble VFX, cheez acting – but bonus points for mercy-fully short 58 minute run time.

Rating: 3 out of 10 chocolate chippee cookies

Pleaze diskuss.

Next Tuesday, me back to review and diskuss 1966 Batman:

Don’t forget to watch!

And don’t forget to read Batgirl Rising for Monday, January 16 for Book of Month Klub diskusshun with writer Bryan Q. Miller!

AND don’t forget to pick up Joe new comic book, Dark Matter #1, dat come out dis Wednesday, January 11!
                              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...onster-pissed/

January 10, 2012

You never fully appreciate what a crucial role the sense of smell plays in the tasting process – until its compromised and everything you eat tastes like my aunt’s half-the-sugar cookies. This became clear to me yesterday, two days into my killer cold, when I went out for Italian and: a) didn’t have a second helping of pasta or, more alarmingly, b) finish dessert. Hmmmm. I may be on to something here for anyone looking to lose some weight. It’s simple really. Before you sit down to a meal, stuff your nostrils with either tobacco, sardines or crushed charcoal briquettes, then proceed to eat as your normally would. I guarantee the pounds will melt away in no time.

So, I’ve started work on that feature script I mentioned the other day. Six pages in and it’s smooooooooth sailing.

My comic book series, Dark Matter, launches tomorrow with its very first issue. Do me a favor and get the word out…and then pick up a copy, either at your local comic book store or digitally here (digital.darkhorse.com), through your smart phones here (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dark-...415378623?mt=8) or here(https://market.android.com/details?i...khorse.digital), and/or order yourself an online copy here (TFAW.com)! And tell me what you think!

The lovely Marjorie M. Liu (author of The Dirk and Steele series, the Hunter Kiss series, NYX, X-23, Dark Wolverine, and, in a few months, The Astonishing X-Men) was kind enough to invite me over to her blog for a little chat. Head on over and check it out, then leave a comment for a chance to win an iTune download of Stargate: Universe’s first season! An interview with Joseph Mallozzi!

You can also check out another Dark Matter-related interview I did, this one with ComicBook Therapy: http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/?p=26889

Also today, I chatted with the ever-so-genial Tony Tellado over at Sci-Fi Talk (Sci-Fi Talk Official Blog | Multi-Media Site On SF,Fantasy And Horror). We discussed Dark Matter and (of course) Stargate for an upcoming podcast. I’ll let you know once he lets me know when it’s up!

Boy is Cookie Monster pissed. He was expecting all of you to weigh in with your thoughts on our first Superfilm of the Week Club selection (Superman and the Mole-Men), but it turns out most of you took a pass – meaning he sat through the movie and now has to make conversation with himself. What is he, Big Bird?! He was so mad that he trashed Mr. Hooper’s store, then kicked Oscar’s garbage can down the block. With Oscar in it! Just thought I’d warn you before we head into the Superfilm of the Week discussion...

kluseklan writes: “At the very least Superman should have been mighty pi$$ed at all the murder attempts directed at him by the townspeople. I mean, really, how many times must the man step in front of a gun before people figure out bullets aren’t cutting it?”

Cookie Monster: Forget townspeople shooting at him. Monster surprised Superman not hurl Lois Lane into rezervoir. She belittle Clark so much, me almost expekt her to kick him in de graypes!

Sparrow_hawk writes: “However, I could not bring myself to watch the Superman movie. Just couldn’t do it. Sorry, Joe and Cookie Monster.”

Cookie Monster: Monster very disappointed in sparkle-hawk. Not feel dis let down since Blues Brothers 2000.

gforce writes: “I actually agree with most of your review – except for the hats! They were the best part!”

Cookie Monster: Hats best part of movie in same way turn-and-cough best part of annual monster physical.

Bloomgate writes: “When the molemen were pointing their weapon at Superman, he insisted that Lois go inside to safety. She then proceeded indoors to a location near the line of fire, and directly visible in a picture window. Did Lois think that whatever their weapon shot out of it, it could not somehow penetrate glass?”

Cookie Monster: Or her icy exterior.

Bloomgate also writes: “When the molemen were returning to their realm at the well cap, the final moleman to descend was carrying their weapon and handed it to Superman so he could properly navigate the ladder. Once inside Superman handed it back to him. Evidently, the molemen have a need for advanced weaponry within their own society, but had somehow after only a few minutes of pantomime had come to believe Superman trustworthy enough to allow him to do them that favor.”

Cookie Monster: Maybe he have one of dose “trust me wit your weapon” faces. Happen to monster all da time.

Bloomgate also writes: “Although no aspersions toward Watergate, but the realization that they just wanted their people back as the resolution seemed vaguely familiar. “

Cookie Monster: Wow! Dat true! Robert Cooper rip off Mole Man movie plot for episode! What next? Bigscreen 3D scifi version of Dances wit Wolves?

DP writes: “Why did it have to be harmless phosphorescence and not cryptonitish, moppet-melting radiation?”

Cookie Monster: Yep. Mole men go back. Everyone happy because dey learn valuable lesson. Den dey die of radiation poizoning. No one see dat ending coming!

DP also writes: “Why was Lois suddenly concerned when the milk hit Superman instead of Luke?”

Cookie Monster: Monster tink Lois major groupie skank.

DP also writes: “How DID the orange sack get over here?”

Cookie Monster: Yeah! Dat never explained! How DID orange sack get over here?!! Me smell sequel!!!

Airelle writes: “I just wish Superman had flown more than he did.”

Cookie Monster: Monster tink just the right amount of bad stunt flying to compliment bad acting.

Airelle also writes: “it seemed the little guy inside had more than ample time to figure out the loose floorboard strategy.”

Cookie Monster: What me want to know if why tunnel under shack? Once hiding place for French resistance? Monster very confused.

Patricia Stewart-Bertrand writes: “Is there a way we could get the very first Dark Matter Comic/graphic novel autographed by you and Paul?”

Cookie Monster: Monster not want to speak for Joe and Paul but Sure! Dey be delighted! Bring comical book next time you see dem and dey write heartwarming message inside like Best Kawoo-ishes or Keep Your Feet on de Ground and Keep Reaching for da Stargate or Get Better Harold!

Line Noise writes: “There must be something wrong with me. I didn’t think the movie was THAT bad.”

Cookie Monster: It relative. Compared to hernia surgery footage, movie very watchable!

Anne writes: “…the way Luke Benson throw punches to Superman after the bullets bounced.”

Cookie Monster: He punch like Monster’s mommy. All ouchy knuckles!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X