Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
    It is my opinion that the first part of this post was inappropriate for Joe's blog. If someone wants to complement Torri's acting then post it in a pro Torri blog/thread. The writing criticism I have no problem with since that is Joe's profession and I'm sure he has heard it many times before and will probably hear it again. I thought the answer was fine and the sarcasm deserved.
    I agree. The first part sounded like someone on a soap box shouting VERY loudly, and while I sympathise with the person's pov, this particular place wasn't the place for that. It sort of read like an over emotional oscar acceptance speech... Why on Earth would Torri read Joe's blog? How bizarre... but, the sarcasm was deserved indeed.
    sigpic

Comment

in my OPINION, if joe was just blogging as a person, then yeah, rant to your hearts content.

but by making his blog as much about the show as it is him, he's made it 'official' and as such -fair or not - there is a standard of behaviour and professionalism.

Again, it's his blog, he can do or say with it what he wants. that pesky free speech thing

However, again in my OPINION, he seems to throughly enjoy riling folks up as much as he can, as often as he can when, given his position and power, he could be calming things down.

Instead of the cryptic 'who knows how many episoes torri will be in' reply he coud say what is likely the truth 'until the last contract is signed and the last episode written, i can't comment on a definite number of episodes because i dont' know yet'

the first reply just frustrates the fans of weir, the second reply says the same thing, but does it in an informative and non-confrontational way.

I can sympathize with his frustration and i can empathize with how he gets ragged on...but then i see baiting or provocative posts and i see where the fen get their ammunition and frustration from.

He, as a PTB in the fandom, could smooth some things over and calm some things down, but it seems that he likes to rile up and provoke.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        in my OPINION, if joe was just blogging as a person, then yeah, rant to your hearts content.

but by making his blog as much about the show as it is him, he's made it 'official' and as such -fair or not - there is a standard of behaviour and professionalism.
        IMHO, as he is after all the showrunner, his blog would focus a lot on his job (since it's a part of his life) and what happened at his job during that particular day of the blog update. I mean, do I have to be professional when I'm talking about my day working at Starbucks? I hope not.

(Ok, I don't work at Starbucks, just an example).

Instead of the cryptic 'who knows how many episoes torri will be in' reply he coud say what is likely the truth 'until the last contract is signed and the last episode written, i can't comment on a definite number of episodes because i dont' know yet'
        But he's said that, many times. It's not his fault the fans keep asking the same thing over and over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Why on Earth would Torri read Joe's blog? How bizarre... but, the sarcasm was deserved indeed.
          Hm, she could be, why not? Torri gets online. And no, it wasn't deserved, she said absolutely nothing in her post in the manner he replied, the "dubious writing" comment is something that is true, she had the guts to say it and it wasn't said in a disrespectful way, more harsh adjective could've been used if the intention was different.
          Last edited by Celcool; 24 April 2007, 01:39 PM. Reason: removing one letter
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
            Hm, she could be, why not? Torri gets online. And no, it wasn't deserved, she said absolutely nothing in her post in the manner he replied, the "dubious writing" comment is something that is true, she had the guts to say it and it wasn't said in a disrespectful way, more harsh adjective could've been used if the intention was different.
            In your opinion. Not in mine.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              IMHO, as he is after all the showrunner, his blog would focus a lot on his job (since it's a part of his life) and what happened at his job during that particular day of the blog update. I mean, do I have to be professional when I'm talking about my day working at Starbucks? I hope not.

(Ok, I don't work at Starbucks, just an example).
              But when you start answering questions about Starbucks, and using those questions to promote Starbucks, and interact with Starbucks customers, then you've crossed over from just talking about your job, and have become an online representative of Starbucks.

Sure, his blog would contain bits about his work, but it doesn't have to be a semi-official medium for major fan interaction. And since it is now a semi-official medium, it shouldn't be too surprising for people to think it should be at least semi-professional.

Comment

But he's said that, many times. It's not his fault the fans keep asking the same thing over and over and over again.
                I agree asking for hot, sweaty, semi-nekkid Shep over and over again is a chore for the poster as well as the reader *cough*not*cough*. So you think I should spice it up a bit, change it around and ask for hot, sweaty and nekid shep lying in the infirmary instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  I agree asking for hot, sweaty, semi-nekkid Shep over and over again is a chore for the poster as well as the reader *cough*not*cough*. So you think I should spice it up a bit, change it around and ask for hot, sweaty and nekid shep lying in the infirmary instead?
                  LOL! Yes, that would be nice.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                    But when you start answering questions about Starbucks, and using those questions to promote Starbucks, and interact with Starbucks customers, then you've crossed over from just talking about your job, and have become an online representative of Starbucks.

Sure, his blog would contain bits about his work, but it doesn't have to be a semi-official medium for major fan interaction. And since it is now a semi-official medium, it shouldn't be too surprising for people to think it should be at least semi-professional.
                    Who said it was semi-official? Did Joe say anything about that?

He has no control on what fans deem his blog to be. If they want to put it on a pedestal, it's their perogative. There is no real definition of "semi-official", as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

On another note, the bridge set is the Daedalus; Joe said so on the blog AND I mentioned it in my update.
                      Nit picking I guess but the only differences between Daedalus' bridge and any of the other BC304's are the colour of the illuminated boards so anyone saying that it was Oddyssey/Apollo is also right I suppose.

Comment

Joe did actually say initially his blog was to chart his journey through the delights of his culinary voyage through life.

Comment

He has no control on what fans deem his blog to be. If they want to put it on a pedestal, it's their perogative. There is no real definition of "semi-official", as far as I'm concerned.
                          JM is an official representative of the PTB of Stargate. In fact, as showrunner what he says goes (in theory). He has the power of official information (as he has used time and again to correct misinformation), but has not made the blog an actual, 100% official, MGM-backed source of information so that makes it at least semi-official. It's not for him to state, it just is.

Anything he says about the show is official. Unless he is lying, in which case such information is not official, I suppose.

Comment

Just as there are more than obvious ways to insult someone/thing, there is more than one way to make your communication quasi-official representation of the studio. I believe JM has done this with his continual updates on scripts, art direction, etc. behind-the-scenes goings on at Atlantis. Can't have it both ways. Either it stays a personal communique on food with the *occasional* mention of work, or it becomes semi-official by his own actions.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, but nothing is just "is", especially when we're dealing with a personal blog like this. I for one don't see it that way; if you do, that's your opinion and not fact, and definately not something Joe or anyone else have to adhere to. I mean seriously, everyone who has a job could entertain questions about it, and they have to act professionally because of this made-up rule of semi-officiality? I don't think so. Like a lot of people have said, he can say whatever he wants on it.

EDIT: But that IS his work. It's not like Joe flings out spoilers and secret info left and right. He talks about his meetings, his conversations with his fellow producers and writers, etc. That's like me talking about my serving an annoying customer at Starbucks, or complaining that the coffee maker broke, etc.

It's just things that happened at his work place.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                In your opinion. Not in mine.
                                And thank goodness for different opinions. Or we'd all be like little robotic minions or something...

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X