Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    If that were the case and he didn't authorise all the flaming, ship wars, lack of character development, moaning etc then there'd be no posts at all
    Quite true, on the first, but I'm sure there'd be some posts talking about food

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    He might be a fan, y'know. After all, it's him who int he same breath said that the biggest fans are the harshest critics or something to that spirit...

We should start a fan campaign to get you a third mention. And a higher paycheck, I'd say. If our strike continues tomorrow I might just end up doign that!
    I second that! Ha!

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    This Friday everyone can watch one of Mr. M's masterpieces, "Irresistible". Then everyone can decided for themselves on the quality of writing.
    It's "Irresponsible" that's coming up this week, and after the firestorm of posts when it aired in Canada, it will be interesting to see further reaction. Thread is at http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38265

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      If that were the case and he didn't authorise all the flaming, ship wars, lack of character development, moaning etc then there'd be no posts at all
      Personally, I like how he manages to censor that blog so that he gets others to fight for him. Nice job.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Do any other PTBs have blogs?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
          Personally, I like how he manages to censor that blog so that he gets others to fight for him. Nice job.
          I don't think Joe needs anyone to fight his battles, he's perfectly capable of doing that on his own. And let's face it, do you really think that if JM didn't have a blog that the fandom would be like some garden of eden? I don't

Comment

Originally posted by sexy_penguin View Post
            Some people watch soap operas, he puts through posts and watches the fighting begin

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              No. According to JM's blog, RCC was going to have one but for some reason, isn't doing one.

David Hewlett has a blog/site. David Nykl has a blog. So far, they seem free of the activities (at least that I know of) on JM's blog.

Comment

Re: The Oddyssey picture, it's entirely probable that that set is being used for Continuum/Ark of Truth (whichever is currently filming, I lose track).

As for the fans vs Mallozzi, does it really matter who started criticising the other...let em get on with it! It obviously doesn't bother JM that much (and it keeps me entertained).

TSG

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Huh. Especially poor ratings on Friday, nice long rant targeting fans on Saturday. Should be a great old time post-Irresponsible.
                  oy. I think i'm gonna put in for saturday off
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, do we need to draw straws?

Madeleine

Comment

Rob Cooper was supposed to write a blog at the official MGM SG-1 community website, we're still waiting for it...

Comment

Has anyone ever considered the old aphorism that there's "no such thing as bad publicity"? Maybe he's trying that out - the more he gets fans riled up, the more they go off and rant about it in blogs and Fandom Wank and whatnot... and the more exposure the show gets.

Personally, I find it all very entertaining. It's like a chance to sit down with a beer and popcorn every evening and watch the fireworks.
                        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

^ Good. We should get the shows more exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            “Torri, if you happen to read this, thank you for three wonderful years. You've helped to create a beautiful, realistic character with strenghts, weaknesses and something that so many of us can related to, despite some dubious writing at times.”

Answer: Holy crap, yes. Thank God for the actors and their ability to improvise their own dialogue and storylines. Why bother with writers at all?
                            It is my opinion that the first part of this post was inappropriate for Joe's blog. If someone wants to complement Torri's acting then post it in a pro Torri blog/thread. The writing criticism I have no problem with since that is Joe's profession and I'm sure he has heard it many times before and will probably hear it again. I thought the answer was fine and the sarcasm deserved.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                              It is my opinion that the first part of this post was inappropriate for Joe's blog. If someone wants to complement Torri's acting then post it in a pro Torri blog/thread. The writing criticism I have no problem with since that is Joe's profession and I'm sure he has heard it many times before and will probably hear it again. I thought the answer was fine and the sarcasm deserved.
                              I wholeheartedly agree. And knowing the source of the original comment, I also know this isn't the first snide comment they've left JM. I don't blame him for snapping back, especially if he recognized the name.
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

And Joe's been joining in since day 1 - although 'naming and shaming' is a new low.

It's hard for me to have respect for counterflamers: by definition they're flamers.

It saddens me. I've stuck up for TPTB over and again, here on GW and elsewhere; I've modded where necessary and I've posted where appropriate, and I've never let anyone call Joe or any other PTB an 'oxygen waster' even by implication. I know Joe gets a lot of Anonymouses going psycho on his blog, but somehow I had expected - and certainly hoped - that he'd stay above it all, or at least pretend to.

I gave up reading the comments on the blog because of the freaky sniping. Looks like I might have to give up on reading the blog itself for the same reason, since my long held 'benefit of the doubt' policy can no longer hold up there.

Oh well, nothing lasts for ever.
                                "Oxygen waster" is such a scapegoat here. So what if some people never called him that? The hostility is still present in other forms, and sometimes much worse. Just because they didn't use that exact phrase doesn't mean it's all one-sided. And about getting personal? Please; this whole thread is ABOUT HIM. Everything going on in here is personal; the defenses are personal, and the insults are personal.

Another thing I don't get is, just because he's one of TPTB and we're the fans, we get to act completely childish while he has to be held to a standard? Why? Why do we get a free pass to call him names and degrade him and his show, while he isn't allowed to defend himself on his home turf? True, it's his blog and he can say whatever he wants, but this is our forum and we can say pretty much whatever we want as long as we coated in the proper non-rule-breaking way. Believe, I've seen it (and I'm sure as a mod, you've seen it too). There is more than one way to insult a person/thing.

On another note, the bridge set is the Daedalus; Joe said so on the blog AND I mentioned it in my update.

Oh, and Joe hated Irresponsible as well; it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X