Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UberAmandaFan writes: “Will you be able to post any more concept art in the near or not so near future? Ships, technology, weapons, cities, costumes...whatever. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.”

Answer: Just for you. Check it out.
    Weeeeeeeeee! He posted them!!! I should make requests more often.

How cool are they???!? That first one looks very iratus bug-like, doesn't it?

And how cool are those watches???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
      Well I like to get excited about spoilers!! If I wasnt going to have fun and enjoy speculating over spoilers then I wouldnt waste any of my very precious time hunting them out and discussing them online!!! Finding out a spoiler just to then poo poo it - seems pointless and no fun at all!

At the end of the day - if DG doesnt match up to what I have imagined- I am sure that I will find something to love about it ( there are very few eps that I have not enjoyed) and will have had the best time with all my GW mates coming up with various fun scenarios along the way!!

I agree 100%

Comment

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

April 19

Photos: Will (Waring?), nose deep in Reunion; yet more chocolate, and, oh, what's this? Yes, that's right, set pics for Reunion! Looks like it'll be a wonderfully wraith-y episode.

Write-Up: Over-the-top sitemeter readings, chest-cold effects, playback and vis-effect meeting; apparently, we will see the following in Season 4:

Ancient script on the tablet, the balcony overlooking the city, and that flickering force field
        Also, yes, more chocolate updates, This Mortal Coil going throught the gauntlet that is the other writers, and last-minute story spinnings (don't try this at home).

Q&A:

Peter writes: “ Ack! The photos, they be x's!”

Answer: Why are you talking like my mother? Sorry about the pics. There was a problem with blogger last night that thankfully rectified itself.

M writes: “ Do ya reckon we'll see anymore stick fights in S4?”

Answer: I reckon so, pardner.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Eh, it may take me a minute to get going, Joe. I'm still a bit dizzy from all the spinning going on.”

Answer: So, let me get this straight. Yours is an informed opinion worthy of respect while my opinion, which just so happens to run contrary to yours, is nothing but spin?

Anonymous #1 also writes: “NBC Universal's stated future goals include eliminating non-NBC Universal produced programming thereby hopefully strengthening the weakened network.”

Answer: If that’s the case, the network had a wonderful opportunity to cancel Atlantis as well and free up room for original programming. The fact that they didn’t, and ordered a fourth season, leads me to believe that they still support the show.

Anonymous #1 also writes: “if Dresden Files, Eureka, and Painkiller Jane all can pull the same 1.3-1.6 ratings that the Stargate shows seem to pull, then those shows probably seem more attractive to Scifi.”

Answer: There’s a fairly sizable difference between a show averaging a 1.3 and a show averaging a 1.6.

01 writes: “Who would you say is going to be spending the most time in the infirmary season four? And don't say Keller!”

Answer: Kell- damnit! Just looking over the episodes so far, I’d say that Sheppard has a slight edge.

JohnManzione writes: “Are any of the producers, actors, directors, who are put off whenever they are reminded of fan's desire to have RDA back on any level?”

Answer: Not at all. Rick did a lot for the franchise and it was great having him back. It’s nice to see many fans still support him.

Anonymous #2 writes: “I'd still like to know if Shanks was able to make it back for filming for the beginning of the movie.”

Answer: Yup. We were just watching the sandy Daniel, Teal’c, and Vala dailies at lunch today.

Stephanie Fan of Claudia&Ben writes: “ Do you read all comments you get? Can you tell us what do you think about working with both Claudia Black and Ben Browder?”

Answers: I do. And I enjoyed both Ben and Claudia’s work on Farscape and really pushed for them to make some sort of appearance on Stargate. The Vala character is a lot of fun to write for. Mitchell is a great character as well and Ben Browder is one of the nicest, down-to-earth fellows you’d ever hope to meet. He swung by my office the other day and we spent a good hour chatting about writing and Friday Night Lights.

UberAmandaFan writes: “1. What is a Blue Draft and who are the characters on the cover art of the script? Is it generic art or episode-specific? 2. What does "doing a pass" mean? 3. Will fans be able to buy those cool watches eventually? 4. RE: The first concept drawing under the watches...would I be too far off in assuming that what is depicted is in some way related to the iratus bug? 5. Can I have some chocolate? (sorry...I couldn't resist)

Answers: 1. After writing a Writer‘s Draft, the writer receives notes from his fellow writers, revises the script and puts it out as a Revised Writer’s Draft. After the second set of notes - usually from the network - changes are made and, to keep track of these changes, pages that contain changes are printed in blue to differentiate them from the unchanged white pages. If a fair amount of changes have been made, we’ll often go with a complete Blue Draft. Following the concept meeting, after the various departments have weighed in, other changes are made. For instance, I will be working on Pink Pages for Reunion tomorrow. 2. Doing a pass essentially means re-reading the script and making some minor adjustments/changes before putting it out. 3. Doubtful, but I’m sure one or two will find their way onto some online auction sites. 4. You would not be far off. 5. Sure, knock yourself out.

---

Is it just me, or is there "food" for Shep Whumpers in every entry? So...Shep's getting a-plenty infirmary scenes, eh?

Comment

You missed the part that immediately jumped out at me!

We spent the last hour or so of the afternoon scrambling to come up with a story to replace the “other story” that is getting bumped.
          Do tell! Which story is getting bumped? *grin*

EDIT: And why? *curious*
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I didn't miss that...ok, yes, I missed that in my recap, but I did ask about it in his comment section.

We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              ---

Is it just me, or is there "food" for Shep Whumpers in every entry? So...Shep's getting a-plenty infirmary scenes, eh?
              We just love JM on the whumper thread.
              sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
              &
              AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                not all of us
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                  Oh yes, we certainly do!!! Well, almost all of us!!!!

I'm interested to know which story got bumped though!
                  sigpic

Comment

"I logged onto sitemeter this morning to discover a whopping 2900 visits for yesterday’s blog entry. Martin Gero clearly has some fans! Or it could have been the legions of Evil Kenny’s supporters presenting. Or, more than likely, it was the hundreds of German fans who seem to have discovered this blog overnight. Wilkommen!"

Can someone who reads the comment section(s) or knows otherwise tell me why JM specifically mentioned the German fans? I don't really feel like reading up on 80+ comments just for my unimportant question...
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

It might be the bribery of chocolate Well, however, does that mean Shep is in the infirmary as a patient, or visiting? You gotta read between the lines as JM carefully does not detail it

Comment

Landry's been in Atlantis several times, actually.
                        Uh, nope. On the show but he hasn't stepped foot in Atlantis. Yes, beating the semantics to death

- The Return: Part 2 (2006) TV Episode .... Major General Hank Landry
                        - The Return: Part 1 (2006) TV Episode .... Major General Hank Landry
                        - No Man's Land (2006) TV Episode .... Major General Hank Landry
                        - Critical Mass (2005) TV Episode .... Major General Hank Landry
                        - The Intruder (2005) TV Episode .... Major General Hank Landry

Comment

@ sgeureka

I bet he is able to see where the people come from who visit the blog.
                          And it makes sense that there were lots of visitors from Germany on that day since his blog entry from the 17th April was part of the news from the 19th April on Stargate-Project.de (biggest german Stargate webpage I guess).
                          That's all folks.

Comment

omg this is LAME!! anyone checked the blog yet! we get one bit of info for S4... and its not even big... LAME!!

oh and heres the translation for the french questions:

Spoiler:

Anonymous #3 writes: "You do not get sick from all the chocolate you eat?"

Answer: We will see Sunday morning.

TLF writes: "Who chooses the voices for the dubbing for SG1 and SGA? Do the writers or the producers have any say in the matter?

Answer: I do not know. It seems to me that it would be the responsibility for the diffuser.

OK NO idea on the last word lol.
                            Last edited by Kidwizz; 20 April 2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

What are you, in a bad mood or something? Not every blog contains revelations.

April 20

Photos: Friends, family, and food (the 3 F's), people showing off their Stargate watches, Martin Gero looking all hallway-standing-like, and the playback ladies.

Write-Up: relatively short restaurant review, and this behind the scenes bit:

Spent the day spinning - Alan’s story which is looking more like a third part to the mid-season two-parter. Another revelation in a season full of surprises, an unlikely alliance, and things develop for Teyla. We also discussed Carl’s new story which we’ll probably break next week - potential for a lot of nice character moments in this one. And for those of you asking - after much heated discussion, it was decided that the story Joe Flanigan pitched had elements that were too similar to stories already in the works. As a result, this story will be pushed to season five.
                              I can already hear the Shep Whumpers sighing (ok, part of that sighing comes from me, I'll admit). Can't win 'em everyday guys, sorry.

Questions:

Stacy Donaldson writes: “She'll be too busy working on The Seer and the big midseason two-parter to be available for SG-1. Any words to allay my fears?”

Answer: Sure. Don’t worry. She’ll be doing both.

Anonymous #1 writes: “There was no attempt on my part to summarily dismiss your opinions as worthless or not "worthy of respect".”

Answer: Oh. It’s just that when you wrote “Eh, it may take me a minute to get going, Joe. I'm still a bit dizzy from all the spinning going on.”, I erroneously assumed it was an in-context criticism of my opinion rather than a literal reference to the fact that you were actually spinning - arms out, twirling round and round like a whirling dervish.

Anonymous #1 also writes: “Your contention, however, that the first half season numbers for Atlantis and SG-1 aren't useful as an indicator or future basis for ratings comparisons is a bit beyond the pale.”

Answer: I didn’t say they weren’t useful. I simply disagree with your belief that they are the best indication of where the series numbers will head.

Anonymous #1 also writes: “Yes, it is quite possible that the first half numbers for both shows are indeed anomolies representing a one-time or limited lag in ratings. That being said, the debut ratings for the second half premiers are in keeping with the drop off that was seen at the beginning of the seasons.”

Answer: True. They matched those numbers despite the fact that the episodes have aired everywhere else in the world and have been available online for months. I think this is a significant factor to consider as well.

Anonymous #1 writes: “But to effectively slaughter the Stargate franchise all at once would have created a stigma for Scifi that no amount of good PR would ever overcome.”

Answer: Really? You actually believe that the network would have been better off PR-wise risking two fan-uprisings rather than weathering one?

Anonymous #1 writes: “Yeah, there's a sizable difference between shows averaging 1.3's and 1.6's. But my previous point is that that gap is closed somewhat by the money NBC Universal makes back on DVD sales, itunes downloads, various licensing and marketing avenues, and the like from shows they own outright. Also, the vertical integration of those productions is a boon to the network.”

Answer: All true. Which begs the question “what is the magic money formula when it comes to said gap?”. Only the network knows for sure.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Will there be any Atlantis-based episodes in season 4?”

Answer: Yup.

Anonymous #3 writes: “What do you think, script-wise; is it better to write something you are passionate about/know intimately, or just try and get your stuff noticed?”

Answer: Always write about something you’re passionate about. Like spindly grey aliens.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Are the actors allowed to ad-lib or change a line here and there, or do they strictly adhere to the script?”

Answer: Sure, they're allowed to ad-lib, but it rarely happens.

Comment

What are you, in a bad mood or something? Not every blog contains revelations.

I can already hear the Shep Whumpers sighing (ok, part of that sighing comes from me, I'll admit). Can't win 'em everyday guys, sorry.

<snippedydooda>
                                *sigh*

*ears perk up* season 5? Does Joe know soemthing we don't? For his sake and ours we'd better get a S5 now Those whumpers are like a dog with a bone when they get their teeth into something. And I mean that in the nicest possible way!

*waves to her fellow whumpers*

Comment

Working...
                                X