Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    we are no where near representative.

first, out of the 40,000 members, a chunk of them are sock puppets/dead accounts
    a chunk of them haven't been active in years

I'd guess that we have a few hundred at most that are active and participating in the forum

so, not the large sample it could be

then, the other skewing point...we're 'passionate' enough to be online. we're not 'normal' fans. We're not the majority of viewers. If we were, this site would have millions and millions of members

we are a tiny, passionate, fragment of the total viewers of the shows.
    Add into that the fact that the voices of the discontented travel further and are louder than the voices of those pleased with their product.

All these issues that the 'WHOLES COMMUNITEH AGREEZ ON!' such as 'WE'Z ALL UNITED IN OURZ HATEZ OF KELLER!' are quite frankly, only a small portion of the small portion that you have just mentioned. Many people either couldn't give a rat's ass, or actually like Keller - but no one hears about that, because people who like something generally don't go screaming their joy from the roof tops. As such, any exec is going to take negative comments from fan communities with a pinch of salt.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

"I am SOOOOO on the fence for Keller, you wouldn't believe! "

Yeah, true, doesn't happen very often in posts.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

well one statician once said, "give me the result you want and i will design a poll".

even IF Gateworld is representative, lets take a look at WHAT it represents.

GW would represent the people that use the internet alot. well, that's mostly younger people.

the people that use the internet, well not many of them use fora. if my class is representative, then it's less than 10%.

if we are representative, we'd be representing a mostly young community of which a small portion actually is online on a forum. and likes stargate.

we represent a portion of a portion of a portion of a portion. if entire Gateworld hated SGU, it still would not be much.

i bet that most people who do not like SGU simply watch something else, and the average person will actually NOT go scream about the internet how they hate it.

so yes, i can see why JM mostly ridicules the "haters" and the people who voice their opinions a bit too loud. it's a very small group.

Comment

Using Gateworld to predict what the entire 2.8 million or so watching the show are thinking is like trying to predict election results by polling only people who participate in a political blog (e.g. people really, really, really into politics). It doesn't happen. Because your prediction would be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            Using Gateworld to predict what the entire 2.8 million or so watching the show are thinking is like trying to predict election results by polling only people who participate in a political blog (e.g. people really, really, really into politics). It doesn't happen. Because your prediction would be wrong.
            And to use a more detailed analysis even those political polls are not representive of what the public thinks. I'll never forget how the political polls had John Kerry to win the 2004 election. Anyway bringing this back to Stargate its near impossible to gauge the right direction by a samplingly. Their are just too many variables. I think in the end you have to go what you feel is the right direction for entertainment and the sales and ratings will tell you if you were right or not
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

there is also a skewing based on forum 'flavor'

gateworld has a different makeup of preferences than Our Stargate, or Stargate Talk

Different fan preferences will color which creative decisions are deemed 'good' or 'bad'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Very true. Ditto with the SyFy board, TWOP, etc. etc. IT's like asking the folks at the bar if they want liquor sales abolished at the next voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...lub-selection/

On the SGU front: a third day down and another story broken. We are zipping along! I figure that at this rate, we should have season 2 and most of season 3 broken by the time I’m Tokyo-bound.

Tune in tomorrow for my thoughts on the stretch-run to the mid-season break.
                  Joe seems to go out of his way to mention the work on Season 2.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not so subtle hint there, I think.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
                      To antagonise the disparagers of S1 perhaps

Seriously though, I'm expecting an announcement sometime after the November sweeps.
                      -

Comment

I thought a second season was pretty much a given all along. Didn't BW say that two seasons were being funded months ago?

I lose track of the back and forth comments and get confused with speculation and statement.

Comment

it's possible that it was given a 40 eps commitment (two seasons)

which could explain why s2 is spoken as if it's a done deal.

word has to come soon cause they normally start taping feb/mar, so they need stuff written and sets made before the holidays
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            it's possible that it was given a 40 eps commitment (two seasons)

which could explain why s2 is spoken as if it's a done deal.

word has to come soon cause they normally start taping feb/mar, so they need stuff written and sets made before the holidays
                            Judging from twitter tweets, none of the actors know if there will be a second season or not. I'd be really surprised it there was not.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Judging from twitter tweets, none of the actors know if there will be a second season or not. I'd be really surprised it there was not.
                              If the Yankees win the 2009 World Series, there will be a 2nd season of SGU!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                If the Yankees win the 2009 World Series, there will be a 2nd season of SGU!
                                unless I'm missing something why is everyone questioning a second season of sgu??

i
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X