Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Well, you can always ask Joe for his stash.

I mean, have you seen that photo of 1000-chocolates?!
    I have indeed. My mouth watered...but not as much as when he showed the lovely piccie of Joe F...okay, back off to thunk and whump land now, I think
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      It looks like Joe's ratings are probably "Live + Same Day." The "Live" ratings to be published soon on GW are 1.5 for SG-1 (barely rounded up from 1.45), and 1.3 for Atlantis.
      Updated Chart based on the ratings Darren gave us:

For the record, The ratings are from GW, since they are from the "Live" airing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
        Updated Chart based on the ratings Darren gave us:

For the record, The ratings are from GW, since they are from the "Live" airing.
        So... SG-1 is their most consistent moderately-performing series? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          So... SG-1 is their most consistent moderately-performing series? Yikes.
          gotta love those Excel charts....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Well, no let's see, we've got Carter in 14 episodes, Teal'c in one, and now Dr. Lee, so that's three SG1 people on season 4 SGA now...
            I thinks it's going to be Landry myself. He did say it depended on the availability of the actor. Isn't he in a new show? I also don't think he's actually been in Atlantis yet. But I guess we will just have to wait until S4 to find out.
            sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
            &
            AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Landry's been in Atlantis several times, actually.

Comment

Landry's been in Atlantis several times, actually.
                He Has? what eps...?

Comment

Critical Mass, Return Part 1, No Man's Land, just to name a few

Comment

Critical Mass, Return Part 1, No Man's Land, just to name a few
                    I meant actually set foot in Atlantis. Not just talk to them over the monitor.
                    sigpic

&
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Didn't he say the actor has walked and occasionally run onscreen! Have we seen Landry run? lol
                      sigpic
                      By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                        Didn't he say the actor has walked and occasionally run onscreen! Have we seen Landry run? lol
                        Good point. I don't think we have seen him run. I suppose we could always ask if the guest actor is a male or female.
                        sigpic

&
                        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

It's official!!!
                          GW Whumpers writes: “Our suggestion for NOAS is Nightmare on Atlantis Street.”

Answer: Affirmative.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                            I meant actually set foot in Atlantis. Not just talk to them over the monitor.
                            '

Ah! Well, that never happened. Ok, time for today's update:

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

April 17

Photos: We've hit the motherload people! The MOTHERLOAD!!

Ahem, right, ok, well, what do we have, you ask? Just about the biggest collection of behind the scenes of "Ark of Truth" photos we'll see for a good long while! 11 Photos in all, 1 of them showing Rob Cooper with freaky red eyes (yeah, he got red-eyed by the camera), and another showing the Playback people, and the rest? All set photos of Ark of Truth! Check 'em out.

Oh, and those green triangle things are NOT chevrons, ok? They don't attach to any gate.

Write-Up: A talk of playback turned into talks of eating cigarettes; continued piling up of the chocolate mountain; and descriptions of the delicious photos.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “I love guessing games....NOAS...Now Orbiting Another Star?”

Answer: Negative.

Susan writes: “(1) why is there a legal problem taking story idea from fans? Is it a money issue? (2) why is there such a big break in the screening of each series. Here in Scotland we see 6 months of a series and have a 6 month break. (3) are you a 'chocolate snob' or do you eat the usual commercial stuff also?”

Answers: 1) If we actually approached a fan for a story, that would be one thing. But that isn’t what we’re talking about here. 2) That’s a question for the networks airing the show. 3) I wouldn’t say I’m a snob, but if I’m going to enjoy a chocolate bar, I prefer to enjoy one with the best top-quality ingredients as opposed to preservatives and heaps of sugar to mask the flavor.

Anthony writes: “NOAS = Nuclear Oatmeal Avenges Subtlety. Never Overlook Angry Siberians.”

Answers: Negative. Negative.

Valerie writes: “Why are the first and second parts or two-parters written by different people? It seems as if the same person would normally write the two of them?”

Answer: We break all of the stories together so it doesn’t really matter if the two parter is written by two different writers.

Anonymous #2 writes: “1. I was wondering if atlantis as a show can survive with the destruction of the city ship? 2. Will Doppelganger be an unusual high budgeted eppy like Sateda given the fact that its the BIG boss's baby? 3. Would you accept an invitation, all expenses paid for a trip to Morocco?”

Answers: 1. No idea. 2. Nope. 3. To be honest, I don’t know when I’d have the time to go.

Anonymous #3 writes: “NOAS.......... Nearly outstanding asuran special.”

Anonymous #4 writes: “Joe which will be the science geek eppy in season 4.. I mean the one where we will see a hell of a lot of space ships and advanced technology at work…”

Answer: The second part of the mid-season two-parter certainly fits the bill in a big way.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Can you tell us who in the office pool guessed right on the ratings numbers? Was it the abnormally lucky Martin Gero? The quiet, calculating Paul Mullie? Or maybe Brad Wright just has too much experience for all of you?”

Answer: None of the above. It was Robert Cooper who may well assume my Wizard of Odds title.

Arctic Goddess writes: “NOAS - Never On A Sunday.”

Paul writes: “"Not Only Another Sheppard"

Anonymous #6 writes: “I was wondering after seen unending will we see development and evolution of the legacy they left behind for us or will it be just forgotten it's hard to show it in sg-1 but will we see it in atlantis.”

Answer: Did I already mention the second half of that mid-season two-parter?

Anonymous #7 writes: “Have you ever had an actor/actress do such a great job as a guest star that you had to have them back for another appearance?”

Answer: Robert Picardo comes to mind. So does Claudia Black. And David Hewlett.

Lily writes: “It seems odd that Joe Flanigan is the leading actor and we haven't had any extra dedicated to him or any of his episodes neither in s1 or s2.”

Answer: The subjects of the various special features are dependent on actor availability.

Tom Foolery writes: “When you are writing the first part of a two parter with someone else writing the second part - say Martin Gero. Do you try to make it as difficult as possible for him to save the team/right your wrongs (or write your wrongs)??”

Answer: The whole point of writing the first part is to write the guy person following you into a corner. Mission accomplished.

Anonymous #8 writes: “Ok people, here's the deal. It makes no difference to Scifi that so many people download the episodes illegally…”

Answer: An astute and well-presented argument. However, there are a couple of points you’ve missed and some incorrect assumption made. For starters, while the fact that a network may not have ownership in a given show would place a greater impetus on ratings, the reality of the six month lay-off that has resulted in the show airing elsewhere first (and, as a result being readily available for download online) does necessarily figure into the equation. Keep in mind, it’s not just a matter of “What have you done for me lately?” but “What can you do for me?” especially considering the network has already committed to a fourth season that is well into production. If episodes that have aired elsewhere and are available online are still pulling in 1.4 and 1.5’s and leading the network ratings, then one can only expect bigger and better from a fourth season with all new never-before-seen episodes - particularly if, from what I hear, the fans won’t have to wait all that long to see it. Furthermore, don't underestimate the value of repeats. SG-1 was a solid performer for the network’s Monday block over the years. Obviously DVD and downloads will eat into the market share, and certain shows simply do not perform well in reruns, but Stargate has always proven the exception to the rule. And one of the best way to keep interest in these repeats alive is through the airing of new, first run episodes. A syndication package of 80 episodes (4 seasons) is very attractive to a network, but a 100 episode (5 season) package even more so. Finally, the fact that “most shows start seeing audience erosion around season three” is, again, not necessarily true. Look at SG-1 that actually saw it’s ratings climb over the course of its stay on SciFi.

GW Whumpers writes: “Our suggestion for NOAS is Nightmare on Atlantis Street.”

Answer: Affirmative.

Comment

If episodes that have aired elsewhere and are available online are still pulling in 1.4 and 1.5’s and leading the network ratings, then one can only expect bigger and better from a fourth season with all new never-before-seen episodes - particularly if, from what I hear, the fans won’t have to wait all that long to see it.
                              Does anyone have any idea what this means? It's late, I'm tired...the only thing that's coming to mind is Season 4 starting earlier than previously stated. Is there some other obvious meaning that my sleeping brain is missing?

It doesn't sound like they're too upset about the numbers though. That's good - let's hope it stays that way.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, Season 10 and 3 in the US are going to end in early July, so if the new season premiers in September (which is "fall" for TV, and has been quoted as the real premier "date"), then that's only about 2 months, which is pretty short, relatively speaking.

It'll be 7 months for us keeners though.

Comment

Working...
                                X