Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

April 14

Photos: Food, a truly frightening feline, and a pic of what I assume to be Joe's sister with her dogs.

Main Write-Up: A bad food review at a unimpressive Japanese restaurant. Despite that, Joe almost tipped the waiters the mid-season 2-parter script; yep, you heard me.

Questions:

Sarah writes: “Are we going to see any of the main cast out of their uniforms in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. Even Teyla and Ronon will don some atypical civvies in Miller’s Crossing.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is this script the one for the first part of the mid-season two-parter? Have you named it yet? Are you going to write the second part of the mid-season two-parter? Or, is Carl Binder writing the second part?”

Answers: Yes. Yes. No. No.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Does NOAS stand for Notes On A Scandal?”

Answer: Nope.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Okay, this is where we're getting mixed messages. Cooper says in an interview that she had to go and there's nothing he can say to make her fans feel better, and now you're saying there is hope…”

Answer: I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I’ve confirmed four episodes with a possibility for more. We never planned on having the character disappear for good.

Kalia writes: “So I wonder why tpb come to their decisions only to backtrack as soon as a few fans start complaining.”

Answer: A number of different elements came into play in Carson’s return. It wasn’t a simple matter of suddenly deciding to bring him back overnight. The possibility of his returning was set into motion as early as the back half of season three.

Anonymous #4 writes: “The new season began shooting in March, correct? So.....by this time, how many episodes for season 4 are "ready for air"?”

Answer: By this time? 0

The Suicidal Goldfish writes: “Hand on heart, do you anticipate a 5th season (or more!)?”

Answer: I’m the wrong guy to ask. Same time last year, I thought an eleventh season of SG-1 was a slam dunk.

Anonymous #5 writes: “What are the chances that we can see Dr. Katie Brown in season 4?”

Answer: Chances are excellent.

Anonymous #6 writes: “Honestly joe, which of the two shows draws the biggest crowd present days ( since the conception of Sga): SGA or SG1.”

Answer: Honestly? After we crunched all the first half numbers, we discovered that both shows averaged an exact same 1.68 rating.

Jessica writes: “Watching "The Return Part II" sparked a question about the Gate Bridge - what happened to it? Did Landry really blow it up or is it still there?”

Answer: More on the gate bridge in season four. Big happenings, big happenings.

Susan writes: “How long can David Hewlett keep his eyes wide open like that without them drying out?”

Answer: His record is 27 minutes and 12 seconds.

Foolishpleasure: “How many of those catchy quips on SGA were actually written, and what did he make up on the spot?”

Answer: Pretty much all of them were written by Martin Gero but, occasionally, Rick would give one his own personal spin.

Anonymous #7 writes: “So can you give us any more hints on joe f's angsty shep script??”

Answer: Well, we spent Friday afternoon spinning it out and I must say we’re all very excited about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Anonymous #6 writes: “Honestly joe, which of the two shows draws the biggest crowd present days ( since the conception of Sga): SGA or SG1.”

Answer: Honestly? After we crunched all the first half numbers, we discovered that both shows averaged an exact same 1.68 rating.
      Well my math skills must be completely rusty, because using GW listings for 10 and 3 I come up with 1.54 for SG-1's first half, and 1.58 for SGA's.
      Must have forgot to carry that extra 1 somewhere.

Comment

He may be using the ratings numbers to the hundredths place -- GW follows the traditional media practice (and maybe the Nielsen report's as well ... I've never actually seen one) of rounding off to the nearest tenth.

Or he may be talking about the Live + Same Day or Live + 7 Days numbers with the additional time-shifted viewers.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          He may be using the ratings numbers to the hundredths place -- GW follows the traditional media practice (and maybe the Nielsen report's as well ... I've never actually seen one) of rounding off to the nearest tenth.

Or he may be talking about the Live + Same Day or Live + 7 Days numbers with the additional time-shifted viewers.
          If we assume he's using similar ratings set, but with the hundredths it could only account for a maximum of .05 difference - if using the traditional method of rounding anything under 5 down, and anything over up.

Which version does GW use? Live, Live + Same Day, or Live + 7 Days.
          *wonders which rating version Skiffy would be most interested in*

Comment

It's still traditional practice for news outlets to report the 'Live' numbers. Time-shifted data adds valuable info for studios and networks and advertisers, but for comparison sake I think that 'Live' is the "all things being equal" number. It's what we publish.

Maybe Joe just needs to get out a calculator and show his work.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Susan writes: “How long can David Hewlett keep his eyes wide open like that without them drying out?”

Answer: His record is 27 minutes and 12 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                Well my math skills must be completely rusty, because using GW listings for 10 and 3 I come up with 1.54 for SG-1's first half, and 1.58 for SGA's.
                Must have forgot to carry that extra 1 somewhere.
                Thank god he's a telly preoducer rather than a mathematician, huh?

He might be talking about the live + 7 (tho I'd expct them to be a bit higher?)
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Or maybe he doesn't want to admit that Atlantis could do better than SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Thank god he's a telly preoducer rather than a mathematician, huh?

He might be talking about the live + 7 (tho I'd expct them to be a bit higher?)
                    I'm thinking he might be. Unfortunately for him, I don't think the timeshifted ratings are of primary interest to a commercials based network such as Sci Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                      I'm thinking he might be. Unfortunately for him, I don't think the timeshifted ratings are of primary interest to a commercials based network such as Sci Fi.
                      To my knowledge, the 'live' ratings count the most; time-shifted ratings don't count as much (or at all) becuase someone can watch a TiVoed epsiode a week later, or speed search the ads, thus negating actually suffering, er, watching them.

Comment

April 15

Photo: No, I didn't misplace the "s" at the end of that. There is only one photo today, but it's a good one. Once you click on that link above (at least for today), you'll be met with the draft script of "This Mortal Coil", which I assume is the first part of the mid-season 2 parter.

Write-Up: His baby script; awwww... That, and a book update, along with a very very short description of a party on Saturday.

Questions:

Suekay writes: “Which episode in the first half of season four are you most looking forward to? And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”

Answer: To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the first half episodes this season. I think we have an exceptionally strong line-up for season four so far. As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it‘s tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

SMB Books writes: “What do you do and/or where do you go to recharge your creative spirit?”

Answer: Prior to this year, I’d have to wait until my late Fall trips to Asia to recharge my batteries. The fact that we were producing 40 episodes of television - and my own European guilt for enjoying any sort of free time - kept me working pretty much straight through the past few seasons. In fact, I even recall working on scripts while on vacation - specifically, making use of the hotel computer at The Tides in Miami to work on season eight’s Lockdown. Nowadays, with a more relaxed schedule and a more relaxed mindset, I am able to enjoy my downtime usually spent reading.

Anonymous #1 writes: “You said SGA got a 1.68. Is that good and what you guys were hoping for?”

Answer: Given our rocky start and in comparison to other shows, it was downright spectacular.

Joshua Meyers writes: “How long have you been asociated with the shows sga and sg1?
                        Would you personally like to see 20 episodes a seasons or 22? What is the possibility of seeing more of Chris Judge Michael Shanks and Ricki D in the third series or sga? What are the latest revelations for Stargate Universe?”

Answers: About eight years. 20 is fine. No idea. None at the moment.

Anonymous #2 writes: “If for some strange stupid reason the network does not pickup SGA for a fifth season, will you try to find it another home?”

Answer: That would be up to MGM.

Peter writes: “How obvious is this hint about Carson's return?”

Answer: It’s subtle. And here’s a hint: it wasn’t in Return II.

Anonymous #3 writes: “What are the chances of any other SG-1 stars stopping by for a visit in Atlantis? Say perhaps the lovely and talented Michael Shanks?”

Answer: It’s possible but we have another actor in mind for the big crossover episode that Carl will be writing.

Kevin writes: “Doppelganger/NOAS - Is the doppelganger the "resurrection" of Dr. Beckett? In which case NOAS might be "Never On A Sunday", referring to the 3rd season episode?”

Answer: Sorry. No.

Anonymous #4 writes: “The production team as a whole are all far too intelligent not to realise that the complete absence of any non-US military personnel in any significant position is unrealistic, especially as Atlantis is supposedly an international mission.”

Answer: McKay is a Canadian civilian while Zelenka, a Czech civilian, runs his own department. The CMO is also civilian.

Anonymous #5 writes: “I wanted to ask what are the chances that we will get to see Dr. Kate Heightmeyer again?”

Answer: Good.

Anonymous #6 writes: “We have an idea of what each episode with a known title will talk about, exept for "The Seer". Can you tell us a clue ?”

Answer: Check out the poem. The clue is pretty obvious.

Nicolas writes: “Lt Ford will make he an appearance in the season 4?”

Answer: It’s possible.

Obsessed writes: “Out of all of the episodes coming up in season four, which would you say is the most controversial??”

Answer: Hmmm. Well, I suppose controversial in different ways: Lifeline, Reunion, Doppleganger, Travelers, The Seer, Miller’s Crossing, Missing, This Mortal Coil.

Obsessed also writes: “And are we going to see a different side to Sheppard this season?”

Answer: Yup.

Teknikal writes: “If there was one thing you could rob from the atlantis set (apart from the gate) what would it be and why????”

Answer: The puddle jumper so I could beat traffic.

Anonymous #7 writes: “Hi Mr. Mallozzi, on the Gateworld Forum, there is a man claiming to have been casted for SG: Universe, as an alien named Rye. Can you confirm this and/or that casting for the third series has begun?”

Answer: That’s a load of B.S. The script hasn’t even been written yet.

Anonymous #8 writes: “Is there any chance of seeing Robert Picardo back in season 4?”

Answer: A very good chance in The Seer.

Crazymom writes: “Who writes the quotes from the Book of Origin?”

Answer: Blame Robert Cooper for starting the craze.

Lughtigern writes: “NOAS; (a wild guess of my own) National Organization of Aeronautics and Space?”

Answer: Nope.

Lughtigern also writes: “You included a picture of Jason Momoa in an earlier entry. He was brandishing a rubber chicken key fob. Is there a story behind it?”

Answer: I hope so.

Comment

how do you ask joe a question (email) ??

Comment

Go to the "comments" link at the end of the blog entry. It should be self-explanatory from there on.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Go to the "comments" link at the end of the blog entry. It should be self-explanatory from there on.
                              thanks

Comment

April 16

Photos: Food, and oh-my-God-my-teeth-hurt-from-just-looking-at-it pic of chocolates.

Write-Up: Looks like one of Joe's bestest friends left him 7.1 million dollars when he died! Or did he? Dun dun dun...

Oh, and it looks like the ratings for the Friday Gates' showings were not-that-bad: SG1 - 1.5, SGA - 1.4. Now, before we do anything about that, let me (or someone else) ask Joe whether his ratings are the same as the ones on Gateworld. There seems to be a discrepancy between his seasonal average and Gateworld's (as previously discussed).

Questions:

Smiley Face06 writes: “Will you tell us which episode will be Carter's first appearance in season 4 of Atlantis?”

Answer: Sure. Oh. You mean now? Okay. Carter’s first appearance will be in the season four premiere, Adrift.

Anonymous #1 writes: “How about some more hints about the crossover Carl is writing? Was this person a main cast member on SG-1?”

Answer: Okay. This “person” is a part of the SG-1 family and has been known to walk and occasionally run onscreen. Two eyes, two legs, ten fingers and toes (although I cannot swear to the former as it is more an assumption on my part).

Peter writes: “…is the second part going to be written soon, or are you guys taking a break? And is Martin Gero writing it?”

Answer: We will be breaking the second part of the two-parter tomorrow. It will be written by wunderkind Marty G.

Lisa Saveard writes: “Have there been any other scripts you've written that have given you trouble like this one?”

Answer: Yeah. Pretty much all of them.

Ange writes: “I feel I must delurk to ask: NOAS = 'Noxious Odor Advisory System'?”

Answer: Actually…no.

Prior_of_the_Ori writes: “Was wondering also if the Apollo and Colonel Ellis will make another appearance in season 4?”

Answer: Affirmative.

Joshua Meyers writes: “Can writers take ideas from fans or is there a legal issue still.”

Answer: Still a legal issue. Sorry.

Anonymous #2 writes: “A while ago you said Jason Momoa has a pink cadillac and promised pictures. So when do we get to see them?”

Answer: The next time he drives it to work.

Cheeky L’il Devil writes: “With the NOAS abrreviation (now Doppelganger), if someone got it right, would you tell us?”

Answer: Affirmative.

Ankhmutes writes: “ I liked Bill Lee, too, and think he'd be a great guest.”

Answer: Well, you’re in for a treat then.

Comment

Working...
                                X