Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh his latest blog didnt reviel much crappy 12th of april.

Comment

It's not that the guy needs protection from snark, it's me hating the way some people throw that snark around. But I think the worse is over.

See, this is the kind of discussion I like; no serious resolution, but some kind of understanding seems to have been reached...or something.

Anyway...

http://www.josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

April 12

Photos: Food, pugs, and Joe looking evil in his suit and tie (in his kitchen, which tends to negate that evilness, oh well).

Main Write Up: Oh yeah, you can just feel the frustration as SciFi finally, FINALLY decides to air the back half of the Gates. I mean, just read this:

Tomorrow night is the big night: the return of SciFi Friday, and Stargates Atlantis and SG-1! So if you haven’t already seen them in the U.K., or watched them in Canada, or caught them anywhere else in the world, or screened dubs sent to you by friends or family living outside the United States, or illegally downloaded them off the internet, or viewed the clips on youtube, or read the episode transcripts on some fan site, or searched out the spoilers online, or overhead any fellow fans discussing what happened - then welcome back to civilization and get ready for the world North American U.S. Premieres U.S. Television Premieres of the back half of season 3 of Stargate: Atlantis and the final 10 episodes of Stargate: SG-1. What will happen? How will it all end? The only way to find out (besides asking anyone who has already watched the episodes or getting the information online) is to tune in and watch!

Seriously.
      A good chunk of the main write up deals with Joe's feelings towards the outcome of the ratings. I'm not going to post it since it's too long, and then I might as well post everything (but that's not how it works), so read it yourself; it's worth it.

Also: When the hell is he going to finish that script?! And descriptions of the photos.

Questions:

Anonymous #1 writes: “For the rest of us, can you tell us if the four episodes Torri will be in are all in the first half of season four? Is there a chance Torri could appear in more episodes in the back of the season (hopefully a lot more)?”

Answer: Yes and yes.

Miss H writes: “But I've been dubious of this whole "announcement". You have said time and time again that fans don't affect the direction of the show or the creative process. So either the show runners have gone back on a fundamental claim (which according to some on GW, it seems, would make parties "incompetant") or this was all planned in advance.”

Answer: I’ve always been very clear that we don’t take dictation. We have not and will never make decisions based on whatever faction of fandom makes the most noise. On the other hand, we are aware that we’re writing for a very loyal audience and we would obviously like to keep them happy. When our creative vision and fan wishes dovetail, then we have the best of both worlds: which is exactly what happened with regard to Carson’s return. We didn’t bring him back simply because a group of fans requested it, but the fact that he did have an impressive amount of support certainly went a long way toward convincing us to pull the trigger.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is 2 episodes the max possible available for Paul/Carson […]?

- How late is 'late in season 4'? - You said we get THE Carson back, but will what happened to the character effect/change him in any way? - Will we FINALLY get to see any personal repurcussions for the character's ethical flaws in reguards to the retrovirus? - And seeing as SCB like challenges, what would it take to secure Carson back fulltime in S5?”

Answers: It’s looking like three episodes now. Not sure when they will air - one a little after the mid-season two-parter, the next two not that much later. There may be repercussions of his time away and the circumstances of his return. As for season 5 - we’re not even thinking ahead that far.

Kristen writes: “With the emphasis on character driven episodes will we see more layers to Sheppard this season?”

Answer: Hopefully, we’ll see more layers to all of our characters.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Ugh, not a Sheppard's wife story.”

Answer: Ah, that’s the spirit. Immediately assume the worst lest you end up disappointed.

Lorr54 writes: “A question regarding the idea Mr. Flanigan pitched and Mr. Binder is writing. When something like that happens, how involved is the person that came up with the idea involved once the writer has it?”

Answer: That’s entirely dependent on how much input the first person wants to have.

Anonymous #4 writes: “ 1:what ways do you think I could do if I wanted to increase readership of my blog”

Answer: Routinely make outrageous and controversial statements regarding sections of fandom.

Anonymous #4 writes: “What can David "awesome" Hewlett fans look forward to in McKay's arc?”

Answer: Martin’s top secret script, Miller’s Crossing, offers a glimpse at a much more sympathetic, vulnerable McKay.

Anonymous #5 writes: “ "On the production schedule, Rob is first up with 'Doppelganger,' a.k.a. N.O.A.S., assuming both writing and directing duties on this one."
      What does NOAS stand for?”

Answer: When you find out what the episode is about, it will become obvious. I think. Alternately, knowing what it stands for will pretty much tell you what the episode is about.

Anonymous #6 writes: “Gotta wonder whats your hit counts these days?”

Answer: Around 1600. But when you factor in the rabid fans who check in on average, say, 10 times a day, that brings it down to 160. And conservatively half of those are mine, so let’s say 80. And then there are those who really just stumbled across my blog by accident, having done a search for, say, “kooky pug pics” or misspelled Mazola corn oil. That would bring it down to about 40. Discount friends and family and you have the true number. So, thank you to all five of you for continuing to support me.
      Last edited by PG15; 12 April 2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

You don't like the way some of the snark is thrown around? Do you even read Joe's blog? He tends to be a lot nastier there than anything I've seen here. Or is it OK for Joe to be as ugly as he wants to because he's Joe and because the fans deserve it? And, because Joe's Joe, he doesn't deserve to be snarked back? Pfft, as if!

Anyway, as for the blog itself... Meh. Personally, I hope they lose a lotta sleep over the ratings. And I hope they have good reason to lose sleep.

Mmm... I love being petty and malicious.

Comment

Well, on Joe's blog, the snark is usually directed towards fans who were snarking at him in the first place. In other words, they started it.

Comment

Heh, not liking the snark could be a bit of a problem.

Anyhoo, could I make a suggestion with regards to culling from the blog - can a link to the blog be put at the start of each cull?
            Because a) it saves clicking about & b) it seems only polite to treat it the same way as any other news source.

Re. the ratings. It would probably be to their advantage to be renewed off the second half of S3. My gut feeling is that S4 could go quite low with the loss of the SG-1 audience bleed over.
            Last edited by smurf; 12 April 2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Consider it done.

I'll add it today just so I can remember tomorrow.

Comment

Merci from this lazy sod.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Anyway, as for the blog itself... Meh. Personally, I hope they lose a lotta sleep over the ratings. And I hope they have good reason to lose sleep.

Mmm... I love being petty and malicious.
                  So you hope the ratings fail? Any reason exactly?

Anyway it's good to hear that Torri's four episodes are in the first half and not the entire season, and that they are probably going to get her more episodes for the second half.

Is it starting to look up a bit for the Carson and Weir fans? Because it's looking better for me

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    So you hope the ratings fail? Any reason exactly?
                    Yup. One or two.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

April 13

Photos: Full Stargate today; including: David Nykl, the Chucknician, the Atlantis Gateroom, Joe and Amanda Tapping, Carl Binder, and David Hewlett.

Main Write-Up: A rant about office politics whose subject was explored in a Seinfeld episode; that's right, it's about birthdays.

Quesitons:

None today, but for a good reason:

No mailbag today as I’m off to tend to my sick wife, but I have included some pics: Dr. Zelenka and Chuck the technician kicking back during the Tabula Rasa shoot, extras and crew on the move, the “piano” all lit up, the gate, Carter and this episode's extra-special guest villain, Carl "racing" down the stairs, McKay finally gets his hands on that Scalzi book.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        That's it. You said the tone of "the" poster, so please don't lump ALL fans, anonymous or otherwise, as gutless. besides, I could easily type in anybody's name. There is no verification. And I've noticed posts signed by some folk that were just as antagonistic as those under 'anonymous' and that, it seems, is the crux of your complaint. Antogonistic posts. The thing is that Joe LETS these through. He's a big boy and he can easily just put through simple questions, but chooses not to. His amusement factor, I assume.
                        prion, you are right! It is the antagonist posters (that is with an A not an O, well what do you know I am petty after all) that post anonymously that I do have a problem with, so glad you got my point.

If someone sends you flowers anonymously you may think it is sweet (or creepy depending on where you live) but if you open your front door and someone has "anonymously" placed a flaming bag of doggy doo! *different matter entirely*

Well that is how I see the antagonistic anonymous posters to Joe's blog. So what if he allows anonymous posters, just because some can't behave the rest shouldn't be spoiled from posting. He obviously gets that. As do I.

So sorry if it seemed I didn't understand that prion.

Comment

I'm saving all the Stargate-related (and ones the interest me) pictures from Joe's blog. One of these days, I'm going to make a wallpaper with some of those photos, and I'm going to post it here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

Photos: Full Stargate today; including: David Nykl, the Chucknician, the Atlantis Gateroom, Joe and Amanda Tapping, Carl Binder, and David Hewlett.
                            Look at it that way - an end to speculations! Long blonde hair it is for seasn 4/ movies
                            (I was kinda hopind and dreading simoultanuously to see her with long brown hair )
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              Look at it that way - an end to speculations! Long blonde hair it is for seasn 4/ movies
                              (I was kinda hopind and dreading simoultanuously to see her with long brown hair )
                              I think the long brown hair is a wig for Sanctuary...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                I think the long brown hair is a wig for Sanctuary...
                                prolly. Still looks odd tho
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X