Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    I'm also hoping he won't have to tone down the snark.

You know to what I am referring.
    If you follow Craigatscifi on twitter, this was the news he was talking about, so it was easy to find

I asked him about it earlier and he replied
    @wraithfodder it's the stargate posts from joe's blog now officialized so he'll be able to post more content (e.g. More photos!).

I suspect the snark will have to tone down if it's now official. So it's possible that SciFi will edit out anything not relevant to SGU.

Comment

That would suck muchly.

Another interpretation of Craigatscifi's post is that only the entries regarding SGU will be posted on the SciFi site, while other stuff will be relegated to just JM's normal blog.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        If you follow Craigatscifi on twitter, this was the news he was talking about, so it was easy to find

I asked him about it earlier and he replied
        @wraithfodder it's the stargate posts from joe's blog now officialized so he'll be able to post more content (e.g. More photos!).
        You do this on purpose, don't you?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Another interpretation of Craigatscifi's post is that only the entries regarding SGU will be posted on the SciFi site, while other stuff will be relegated to just JM's normal blog.
          I'm going to go ahead and believe this one until I am shown differently.

Only because the other option saddens me.
          sigpic

Comment

That would suck muchly.

In that case I don't really care as long he gets to keep the snarky stuff on his Wordpress blog. It sounds like putting his blog on SciFi is part of self-promotion for SGU.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh my God, I just realized that the SciFi site misspelled his name. That is just sad.

Why are they including the wordpress tags in the mirror entries? What the hell is the point of that?

It almost makes me want to reply to Craigatscifi on Twitter...but I vowed to never do that.

Comment

It almost makes me want to reply to Craigatscifi on Twitter...but I vowed to never do that.
                Vows are meant the broken beside it would anger the Twitter hater (You know who you are).
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  You do this on purpose, don't you?
                  Ask Craig questions? Of course. Been tweeting back and forth with him for a while. He's a very amenable guy. However, did ask him why it's a creator blog when JM is not the creator; he's a consultant. And I mentioned the spelling error on name. So, check back in the a.m. I guess to see if anything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Vows are meant the broken beside it would anger the Twitter hater (You know who you are).
                    He can breathe safe. I did it for him

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      He can breathe safe. I did it for him
                      You take all the fun out of everything.

In seriousness I eagerly await the result
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Save the snark! Quick, someone start a writing campain!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          You take all the fun out of everything.

In seriousness I eagerly await the result
                          Heh Anyway, Craig thanked me for the notes and they're going to do some cleanup. They fixed spelling on Joe's name on blog Other thing I pointed out, not yet fixed.

Meanwhile, PG-15 is praying for my soul as I ventured onto twitter (I only have 1,300+ tweets, so PG-15 has a lot of work to do!)

Comment

6 hours of prostration will be nothing compared to this.

Comment

6 hours of prostration will be nothing compared to this.
                              only six hours? I'm going to have to tweet extra hard now!

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-syfy-slant/

April 29, 2009 - Part 1

Several weeks ago, when SyFy (sic?) and MGM first approached me about becoming the official behind-the-scenes voice for the new Stargate: Universe series and simul-posting on SciFi.com (sic?) I was admittedly leery. As someone who has made it a point to post a daily entry going on 2+ years now, the last thing I need are restrictions as to what I can write about and when, and I made that clear. Even though I do love the show and the people I work with, I really think I’d be hard-pressed to produce a Stargate-themed post every day. Sure, at the beginning it would be all thrilling behind-the-scenes snaps and episode teasers but, three or four months down the line when I’m dedicating entries to what I saw actor Jamil Walker Smith eat for lunch or how director Will Waring has been combing his hair differently, we’d all be sorry.

Some people drop by this blog to get the latest info on the Stargates (SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe) while others stop in for our genre-specific book of the month club discussions and guest author Q&A‘s, while still others visit for the restaurants reviews, Baron Destructo’s inspired correspondence with overseas scammers, and the Weird Food Purchase of the Day video installments. But a thoroughly unscientific study reveals that the vast majority of you frequent this blog for updates on the gastrointestinal issues that plague my dogs on a semi-regular basis. So, how to be fair to all the Stargate fans, literati, foodies, voyeurs, dog-lovers, people with nothing better to do, and those who mistakenly stumble upon this blog while surfing the net for funny pictures of hairless chinchillas? Well, the easiest thing would be for me to do what I’ve been doing - keep this blog’s topics fresh and varied enough to ensure that all of the different target audiences are bored and/or offended in equal amounts. The gang at SyFy suggested a compromise whereby only the posts I categorize as Stargate-related would make an appearance on SciFi.com.

All well and good, but what exactly constitutes a Stargate-related post? I mean, take today’s entry for instance. I’m talking about blogging, specifically about blogging about Stargate, but I’m not really blogging “about” Stargate. If, say, over the course of an entry dedicated to an account of the pleasant evening I spent opening every bottle in my liquor cabinet to sniff their various contents (Hey, root beer schnapps really smells like root beer!) and I happened to mention something like the fact that one of Earth’s battleships will be making an appearance in the SGU series premiere or, just out of the blue, post a picture like this -

- should that entry be deemed worthy of a Stargate categorization? Or what if I spend the entire entry yammering on about how I’m pretty sure they changed the recipe to Fresca because I remember the old Fresca being a lot more bitter even though I admit that my opinion could have been colored by my much younger and more impressionable taste buds and then happen to answer a Stargate-related question in the mailbag, would that warrant a Stargate categorization?

Hard to say, hard to say. Well, one thing’s for certain. Now that my entries are being simul-posted on SciFi.com, all those behind-the-scenes and on-set pics and videos are being fast-tracked through the approval process and, as a result, you’ll soon be treated to sneak peeks of the Destiny set, the shuttle in Stage 2, and footage of actor Brian J. Smith changing his shoes between set-ups.

As for those of you who have been following this blog on a regular basis, continue posting your questions, comments, macadamia nut brownie recipes, and involved conversations amongst yourselves that have nothing to do with me. It’ll be business as usual here. Except for the following slight changes:

1. Instead of our ongoing book of the month club in which we read and discuss selections in the fields of science fiction, fantasy, and horror, we’ll be doing a paranormal occurrence of the month club in which we watch and discuss selections in the fields of Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, and Unexplained with George Noory.

2. Instead of guest authors, the Q&A’s will now focus on your favorite SyFy Channel network executives. Today, I start taking questions for Junior Chief Financial Officer in Charge of International Salary Disbursement and Accounts Receivable Judith Lepkowtiz. So start posting those questions!!!

3. The adorable dog videos I’ve been uploading will be doing the occasional crossover with original SyFy programming. In next week’s episode, my pug Jelly joins the Destination Truth crew in a trip down the Amazon in search of the legendary Crocophantski - part crocodile, part elephant, and part Polish on its mother’s side; while, in an upcoming home video, Eureka’s Colin Ferguson chases my French bulldog Lulu around the backyard for 45 seconds, then stops to eat mud with her.

4. My Weird Food Purchase of the Day video installations will continue, except that instead of trying weird or exotic food and drink, I’ll now be sampling pieces of the weird and exotic monster suits, prosthetics and animatronics featured in the various SyFy original movies. Mega Snake tastes just like chicken! Mansquito, not so much.

5. Less restaurant critiques and more wrestling reviews (ie. The hitherto mundane match was elevated by a hint of suplex, surprisingly subtle in its delivery, that segued into a delightful pumphandle fallaway slam. I was intrigued by the ensuing course, a delightful gorilla press accompanied by generous helpings of arm drags and a soupcon of dragon screw leg whip. Although the spinebuster failed to impress in its artistry, events were topped off by an inspired inverted atomic drop. Service was prompt and courteous.”

And that’s it. Hopefully, these minor changes won’t impact your enjoyment of this blog.

Today’s entry is dedicated to long-time reader and recent graduate Belouchi. Congratulations. Now go get a job!

P.S. My French bulldog Lulu has only vomited a couple of times since I switched her over to that raw food diet.

P.P.S. It’s taking forever for those two Cornish game hens in my fridge to defrost. I’m thinking of moving them into the vegetable crisper.

P.P.P.S.
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X