Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Robert Davi in The Goonies, Damn I am getting old.........well obviously since MGM and SCI FI don't think I am their per say young audience.

BTW, just turned 30, so yeah I'm old. Well according to MGM and SCI FI. If you are over 50, you don't even exsist, sorry.
    sigpic

Comment

I exist - I swear! I took my pulse and everything.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I remember Robert Davi in The Goonies, Damn I am getting old.........well obviously since MGM and SCI FI don't think I am their per say young audience.

BTW, just turned 30, so yeah I'm old. Well according to MGM and SCI FI. If you are over 50, you don't even exsist, sorry.
          Robert Davi was in Goonies?!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Me too!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

I remember Robert Davi playing a great supporting role as a Mob Boss on the '80s TV show Wiseguy starring Ken Wahl as a policeman recruited to go undercover in various FBI investigations. A great serialized show that never got enough respect or viewers.

I'm over 40 so I don't show up on Sci-Fi's wanted demographic radar anymore either!
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              if you do so with snark and excessive sarcasm, then a red may very well come your way.
              *looks at user name*

Well, it looks like I'm going to be in trouble a lot

Comment

SGA - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog Update Aug 25 '08:

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for August 25, 2008:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

August 25, 2008: The Church of Dead Girls, the Mailbag, and a Walk Through the Production Office

**snippage**

I’m afraid I’m going to have to hold off on questions for author Stephen Dobyns as I’ve been unable to get in touch with him since our preliminary discussion about his guest blog here. I suspect he is either incommunicado or, more likely, a loyal McKay-Teyla shipper incredibly ticked off by the events of The Shrine.

In the meantime, I’ve heard back from both Lexa Doig and Sharon Taylor. Their guests Q&A segments will appear in the coming days. I’ve sent your questions for our prop master, Evil Kenny Gibbs, his way. Over the new couple of days, I’d like to gather questions for director Andy Mikita who has taken time out of his busy schedule to dialogue with you. So if you have any questions for Andy, let’s see ’em!

Today’s video: Take a stroll through the production office!

The mailbag:

NaniWahine writes: “1) In light of the cancellation *swallows a sob*, was the season/series finale (Enemy at the Gate) re-written to tie up some loose ends and give us a closure? Or was it written in anticipation of the possible end, and therefore will remain as originally written?

2) Are Carson, Lorne and Zelenka expected to make an appearance in the SGA film?”

Answers: 1) Episode 20 will remain as originally scripted. 2) Too early to tell.

Shadow Step writes: “On a different note, could you explain why David Nykl gets a credit for a 3 second walk past?”

Answer: Sure. Because his scene was cut for time.

AnneTeldy writes: “Other than a quick backstory of Michael, is there anything else I should explain to the unwashed heathens few who don’t watch the series?”

Answer: Nope. They’re pretty much good to go.

**snippage**

Montybird writes: “To follow up on Sandy’s question regarding whether or not the cast could do more of the commentaries on the Season 5 DVD set, could you persuade Joe F. to let Ivan Bartok do a featurette on him???”

Answer: Hmmm. Ivon has a special feature surprise in store for you in the season 5 box set.

Majorsal writes: “is sam in ‘enemy at the gate’?”

Answer: She is.

Tamijb writes: “I saw The Shrine for the second time today. Although I know you didn’t write it maybe you can ask my question? In the scene where the team is on top of the stargate they show the parasite floating on the water. I didn’t realize till later because I didn’t know what it looked like. Was that intentional? Was that forshadowing? Did anyone else catch it?”

Answer: That wasn’t the parasite. That was a piece of floating gunk. Sorry.

Dezrai writes: “Okay, gotta point out some…inconsistencies which you, the other producers, MGm and SCI FI are spouting. You all keep saying that you just found out about SGA being canceled and it wasn’t canceled to make room for Stargate Voyager?? This says different. It is from an article by SyFyPortal:

“Brad Wright did tell us in April that he personally did not want to go back to doing two shows simultaneously again,” Sumner said. “They did ‘SG-1? and ‘Atlantis’ simultaneously for three years. That’s 40 hours of television each year, and he wasn’t eager to going back to that knowing that [MGM] wanted to do more movies for ‘SG-1.’ Either ‘Universe’ would have to wait until ‘Atlantis’ was done, or ‘Atlantis’ would have to be done right now.” We really can’t trust any of you, can we?”

Answer: I see. So based on Brad’s stated preference in April, you assume that the show was canceled three months before the season premiere even aired and all of the producers knew about it and have been quietly sitting on the news ever since? With all due respect (and I mean that in the not nicest way possible), that is one of the most offensively stupid displays of connect-the-dots reasoning I’ve come across in quite some time. For the record, Paul, Carl, Martin, Alan, and I held out hope for a sixth season pick-up until the final announcement - which came LAST WEEK. To suggest we’ve deceived its fans or the people we’ve worked with all these years is beyond obnoxious.

JAG writes: “Not much talk has been issued about Teyla in any episode after the Queen. Can we expect to see her in episodes after, or do many Teyla fans have some hearbreak in store for them?”

Answer: Prodigal.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Dezrai writes: “Okay, gotta point out some…inconsistencies which you, the other producers, MGm and SCI FI are spouting. You all keep saying that you just found out about SGA being canceled and it wasn’t canceled to make room for Stargate Voyager?? This says different. It is from an article by SyFyPortal:

“Brad Wright did tell us in April that he personally did not want to go back to doing two shows simultaneously again,” Sumner said. “They did ‘SG-1? and ‘Atlantis’ simultaneously for three years. That’s 40 hours of television each year, and he wasn’t eager to going back to that knowing that [MGM] wanted to do more movies for ‘SG-1.’ Either ‘Universe’ would have to wait until ‘Atlantis’ was done, or ‘Atlantis’ would have to be done right now.” We really can’t trust any of you, can we?”

Answer: I see. So based on Brad’s stated preference in April, you assume that the show was canceled three months before the season premiere even aired and all of the producers knew about it and have been quietly sitting on the news ever since? With all due respect (and I mean that in the not nicest way possible), that is one of the most offensively stupid displays of connect-the-dots reasoning I’ve come across in quite some time. For the record, Paul, Carl, Martin, Alan, and I held out hope for a sixth season pick-up until the final announcement - which came LAST WEEK. To suggest we’ve deceived its fans or the people we’ve worked with all these years is beyond obnoxious.
                  ROFLMAO!

That's the kind of idjit comment from a 'fan' that makes me laugh. Not quite as funny as 'I've seen a photo of [actor A] on GW's front page, how dare you, you told us they wouldn't dominate season 4. etc..' but getting there. "We can't trust any of you, can we?"
                  Bwhaha No logic, no perspective, and one hell of a sense of entitlement.
                  Kudos to JM for letting it print and then taking the time to provide a response. But I enjoy the entertainment.

ETA: maybe that's why he lets it through. To give us a good laugh.
                  Last edited by scarimor; 26 August 2008, 12:10 AM.
                  scarimor

Comment

lol @ dezrai. what a noob

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      ROFLMAO!

That's the kind of idjit comment from a 'fan' that makes me laugh. Not quite as funny as 'I've seen a photo of [actor A] on GW's front page, how dare you, you told us they wouldn't dominate season 4. etc..' but getting there. "We can't trust any of you, can we?"
                      Bwhaha No logic, no perspective, and one hell of a sense of entitlement.
                      Kudos to JM for letting it print and then taking the time to provide a response. But I enjoy the entertainment.

ETA: maybe that's why he lets it through. To give us a good laugh.
                      What I love is that he quotes a SyFy Portal article...that is quoting a GateWorld article!

Geez, louise...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        lol @ dezrai. what a noob
                        The n00b got pwnd, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          What I love is that he quotes a SyFy Portal article...that is quoting a GateWorld article!

Geez, louise...
                          lol, I didn't notice that. Funny.
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Bootbinder View Post
                            The n00b got pwnd, lol.
                            lolololol

Comment

Oh wow, I've been pronouncing Alex Levine's name wrong this whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                "I’m afraid I’m going to have to hold off on questions for author Stephen Dobyns as I’ve been unable to get in touch with him since our preliminary discussion about his guest blog here. I suspect he is either incommunicado or, more likely, a loyal McKay-Teyla shipper incredibly ticked off by the events of The Shrine."
                                Hey, we loyal McKay-Teyla shippers are used to disappointment....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X