Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/.../march-8-2008/

Okay, I’m just going to come out and say what I’m sure everyone else is thinking. This daylight savings time thing is a bad idea. Sure, you can draw a line down the middle of a page and list all of the pros associated with setting your clocks ahead one hour on one side, and all of the cons on the other, and the cons will always outweigh the pros for one simple reason. CON: I LIKE TO SLEEP! One hour either way may not seem like a big deal to some, but if your routine necessitates your waking up at 6:00 a..m. every morning, that extra sixty minutes could be the difference between getting into work refreshed and revitalized following a morning work-out or accidentally steering your car into a roadside breakfast burrito stand manned by a guy dressed as a homeless Pancho Villa. And I know, there are those who’ll say: “Why don’t you just go to bed an hour earlier?” Go to bed an hour earlier?! Don’t make me smack you! I’m not one of those people who can just shut their eyes and fall asleep. I toss and turn, my mind preoccupied by a thousand thoughts: my latest script, my taxes, travel plans, the fact that I had better fall asleep as soon as possible because I’ll be getting up an hour earlier tomorrow.
    no mail bag

pics goodies from the art department.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

McKay's bathroom? Hmm....

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...3/dsc05361.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        yeah i posted the pics in the tribit thread in season 5 folder
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ilbag-is-back/

March 9, 2008

Photo: Doggies!

Video: On the set of The Last Man: Link

Write-Up: Fondy returns!...And finds her plants BURNINATED. Well, ok, just dead. Joe makes a mental note as to what he has to do next time Fondy leaves. Also, Joe promoted reading by giving us links to some Nebula Award nominees, followed by an update on his Book of the Month club. Finally...

And, yes, Squeakiep, you’re correct. The following line from my teaser poem “The death of a loved one spurs McKay into action” refers to The Last Man.
          Questions: Something!

Patricia writes: “I’ve just heard that you once showed up at an event dressed as Ba’al. Would you be willing to do that again at the Fuel dinner?”

Answer: Hmmm. I really had my heart set on that Daisy Duke outfit Vala wore in Bounty.

Ltcolshepjumper writes: “Can you be so kind as to possibly release the score for The Last Man? maybe on the DVD?”

Answer: Hey, I’d release a new DVD at the end of every season if it were up to me. I’m a big Joel Goldsmith fan. And speaking of Joel, I’m sure you’ll all agree he did a tremendous job on The Last Man. The score that accompanies Carter’s final battle is nothing short of extraordinary.

TRUFAX.

Slian Martreb writes: “Precisely how does holo-Rodney know what was going on with Ronon and Todd in the Wraith research lab? Before or after Ronon lost radio contact with his team? I mean, you know, what with Ronon being dead and all and so not in a position to actually tell anyone what happened?”

Answer: Precisely - he didn’t. This was a conversation we had in the room as the script was being written and we ultimately decided it would be a bit of a cheat, the conceit being that Rodney may have had this information relayed to him second-hand through the operatives who were with Ronon on the mission (and perhaps even overheard the exchange via whatever communications device they possessed prior to their heading through the gate). Or, what we are glimpsing is not so much McKay’s retelling of the events as he heard them as it is a flashback to the actual event.

amac251 also writes: “I liked the foreshadowing you gave with Woolsey. Friends and I want to know if that was the ONLY foreshadowing. Will some elements of Rodney’s sad timeline actually happen?”

Answer: Unfortunately, the fact that we look so brilliant was quite by accident. At the time The Last Man was produced, we were assuming that Carter would still be commanding the Atlantis expedition in season 5. So, it wasn’t so much foreshadowing as an interesting coincidence. As for any of the sad elements in Rodney’s timeline actually happening. Hmmmm.

Patricia Lee writes: “Also, will Martin Wood be directing soon, or is he all tied up with Sanctury for All for season 5?”

Answer: Martin Wood is busy with Sanctuary. His schedule permitting, he may direct a couple of episodes for us in the back half of season 5.

Tba writes: “1) Do you have any idea how long the mid-season break of S5 will be?

2)Will the Asgard-database, or perhaps even Ba’al help to cure Carson? The Asgard were able to fix the O’neill clone in s7, and Ba’al doesn’t seem to have any cloning diseases.

3) Will the Genii be brought back in S5 - possibly an appearance of Sora, Ladon Radim or Kolya?

4) Can you PLEASE answer my questions?”

Answers: 1) Not quite yet. 2) Not all cloning tech is created equal. Also, you’re making the assumption that the issue with Carson is wholly related to the technology used to clone him and discount the possibility that Michael may have had a hand in ensuring his little creation not survive long without him.

Rza writes: “That it was Jennifer’s death that was too much for Rodney to bear and not… say, losing John?”

Answer: As someone has already pointed out, Jennifer’s death isn’t the only reason Rodney decides to try to undo the timeline. But it is the final straw. Prior to that, he considered the possibility that he could actually come up with a solution next to impossible. But, with Jennifer dead, the last positive thing in his life died with her and he was finally able to wholly commit himself to the seemingly impossible task.

(As Fondy returns, so does zuz's normal Joe smilie. Thus ends Joe's Crazy Saga)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            When I first saw that picture, I laughed because it's so crazy and weird.
            sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...march-10-2008/

March 10, 2008

Photos: I felt a great disturbance in the Fandom, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in happiness and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Oh, wait...it's just the Shep Whumpers all having heartattacks due to one of the photos today. No biggy. They can fix themselves easily enough.

Oh hey, and there's Michael!

Video: More behind the scenes from The Last Man: Link

Write-Up: Joe treats us with the behind the scenes lingo (maybe) on script drafts, which is SUPERFANTASTICALLY GOOD FUNNY HAHA WONDERFUL CAKE YUMMY!

Also, specific Stargate bits:

Great early ratings on our finale with preliminary numbers showing The Last Man did a 1.49. A nice strong finish to the show’s fourth season.

We welcomed Mark Damascus (aka Tyre) back to the show today as he stopped by our offices on his way out of his costume fitting and over to Norco where he was going to start running through the big fight sequence with Jason. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: What a super nice guy - easy-going, incredibly humble. Seriously. If any of you are thinking of throwing a party, put him on the guest list. Chat him up. You’ll love him.

Oh, and I’m sure fans will be thrilled to hear that we finally did it. Yes, spread the word! The casting process is complete! We have our Captain Sobol!

We also have a FINAL DRAFT of episode 6, The Shrine of Talus, written by Brad Wright. David H. emailed Brad to tell him how much he loved it. And it apparently made Jewel cry. But, in all fairness, I was giving her a Hertz Donut at the time.

Questions:

Looks like Question Period is more elusive of late. Just like that of the Canadian government (zing!).

(ZUZ SMILIE EXTREME GOOD HAPPY CAT BUTTER TOMORROW LUCKY MONKEY)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

March 10, 2008

Photos: I felt a great disturbance in the Fandom, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in happiness and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Oh, wait...it's just the Shep Whumpers all having heartattacks due to one of the photos today. No biggy. They can fix themselves easily enough.

Oh hey, and there's Michael!

Video: More behind the scenes from The Last Man: Link

Write-Up: Joe treats us with the behind the scenes lingo (maybe) on script drafts, which is SUPERFANTASTICALLY GOOD FUNNY HAHA WONDERFUL CAKE YUMMY!

Also, specific Stargate bits:

Questions:

Looks like Question Period is more elusive of late. Just like that of the Canadian government (zing!).

(ZUZ SMILIE EXTREME GOOD HAPPY CAT BUTTER TOMORROW LUCKY MONKEY)

OH MY GOODNESS

I'VE DIED AND GONE TO WHUMPY HEAVEN!!!

AND for the first time ever (take note) I'm actually speechless!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  I doubt it will last long.

Love the BrianSignal, PG15.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't go near the whump thread for a while... at least not without a mop and bucket... it's rather drowning in squeeeeeeeee!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                      OH MY GOODNESS

I'VE DIED AND GONE TO WHUMPY HEAVEN!!!

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

You called?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I doubt it will last long.

Love the BrianSignal, PG15.
                          It's awesome, isn't it?

I didn't make it though, just be clear.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Don't go near the whump thread for a while... at least not without a mop and bucket... it's rather drowning in squeeeeeeeee!
                          I took a peek in there a few minutes after the blog was posted. I had to get the hell out of there before all hell broke loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            You called?
                            I think I'll save tat picture and start posting it randomly in threads seeing if you pop up!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

March 10, 2008

No kidding!

There were tears of joy in my eyes this morning! Yep, I'm hormonal again!

Gosh, like Peg, I'm speechless. Well, nearly!

Deliberate repost!

That is awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't get "whump". I mean I know what it is, but why like it? I mean these are characters we like that are getting seriously hurt. Isn't it a bit sadistic to take pleasure in somebodies pain? Please explain this to me.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X