Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting to see who wins favorite new TV comedy. But I've got it on mute until then.

Edit: Oh! I didn't see that coming! I was voting for Chuck but expecting Pushing Daisies to win. Hmmm. Well, I've turned it off now. Anyway, YAY for Atlantis!
    Last edited by Killdeer; 08 January 2008, 07:06 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

DAMN! The Simpsons beat Family Guy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        They Won!!!!

It was weird, though. A blink and you'll miss it moment. Just a few seconds of the cast saying thank you - Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, I think Rachel Luttrell, and I didn't catch the other person.
        Yay, how cool!!! I was kind of irritated that the speech was so short, especially when Howie Mandel's spiel went on forever. I mean, this was the first time this category existed, they could've given them a bit more screen time.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          DAMN! The Simpsons beat Family Guy.
          Agreed, I was surprised, too.
          sigpic

Comment

Well according to JM, he said:

"If we win, I’ll celebrate by seeing how drunk I can get on champagne truffles."
            Well Joe, Happy Truffle hangover, you guys won!
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Yay SGA!!!

Comment

They Won!!!!

It was weird, though. A blink and you'll miss it moment. Just a few seconds of the cast saying thank you - Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, I think Rachel Luttrell, and I didn't catch the other person.
                Holy frakkin' hannah!! Are you serious??? Way cool!! Oh.....I hope someone puts that on YouTube ore something. I missed it.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

They Won!!!!

I think it was Jewel, bit no Amanada.. bit strange not seeing her with them.

CONGRATS to the cast and crew!

Comment

You can watch the acceptance speech online at: http://www.pcavote.com/pca/history.jsp

Just click their pic.

CONGRATS SGA!!!
                    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                    Sig and avi by me
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                      You can watch the acceptance speech online at: http://www.pcavote.com/pca/history.jsp

Just click their pic.

CONGRATS SGA!!!
                      wow thanks a lot

GO ATLANTIS!!!
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

There's actually a link for the People's Choice Awards (with links to videos and screencaps) here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=48619

where all the squeeing has been going on since 10:04 pm last night

And yup, that was Jewel, but she looked so different I couldn't tell until she spoke.

Comment

JANUARY 9th

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ooped-pooches/

In yesterday’s blog entry, I reminded everyone to tune into The People’s Choice Awards to find out whether Atlantis had won the award for Favorite Sci Fi Show. I wrote: “ If we win, I’ll celebrate by seeing how drunk I can get on champagne truffles.” The answer? Pretty damn drunk! At least I assume I was drunk - dizzy, queasy, deliriously happy one minute and then tearfully depressed the next. It was when I started arguing politics with the droopy gingko in my backyard that Fondy decided I’d had enough and finally brought me up to bed. So, in short - we won and thanks to everyone who made it possible. And an extra special thanks to all of you who are, without a doubt, the most passionate, loyal, bloodthirsty fans out there. Thanks!

Today’s mailbag:

SellyOakBlade writes: “1) In the first attck on the Replicator ship by both the Apollo and Daedelus, was it really necessary to send 3 full bird colonels and a Lt col into harms way?

2) Was the possibility of the collapsing and compressing “blob” actually acheiving fusion as a start/black hole ever considered (I know McKay and Carter mention neutron Star density). It could have made for an interesting next episode as the Apollo/Daedelus can`t get away etc etc.”

Answers: 1) We needed as many ships as possible and Ellis and Caldwell commanded the respective ships so, yes, their presence was required. And, since Carter was overseeing the operation, it made sense for her to be there as well. 2) I actually pitched this idea but we ended up going with a variation because some in the room objected to the science behind the idea. Lousy logic-monkeys!

SMB_Books writes: “Joe - in recent days/weeks you’ve mentioned off and on some snippets about developments for Season 5, potential character announcements, negotiations, etc. How close are we to knowing the cast line-up for Season 5? (Regular, recurring, etc.).

Which answer best fits? (Hey it’s like those multiple choice questions in school!)
                          A) This week
                          B) Next week
                          C) Next month
                          D) Not until Season 4 is done airing.”

Answer: E) Whenever SciFi puts out the official press release.

Killdeer writes: “Several of us had been expecting a nice Rodney/Teyla scene in BAMSR. Did that get cut, or is it later down the road?”

Answer: Sorry. When I answered the question about a Rodney-Teyla scene, I was thinking Ronon/Teyla. For a sweet Rodney/Teyla scene, you’ll have to wait for Kindred I.

Klemen writes: “There’s a heated debate going on at gateworl about tehnobabble and deus ex machinas.Some are complaining that you use to much tehnobabble to solve problems.And that you (the writers) invent a machine out of the blue to overcome that problem. “

Answer: Hmmm. The last time I saw fans complaining about Stargate’s use of a deus ex machina to solve a problem (a couple of years ago), it was pretty clear that the fans in question didn’t have a clue what a deux ex machina actually was. Could you provide some examples of what was referred to?

Comment

I kinda figured this...

SMB_Books writes: “Joe - in recent days/weeks you’ve mentioned off and on some snippets about developments for Season 5, potential character announcements, negotiations, etc. How close are we to knowing the cast line-up for Season 5? (Regular, recurring, etc.).

Which answer best fits? (Hey it’s like those multiple choice questions in school!)
                            A) This week
                            B) Next week
                            C) Next month
                            D) Not until Season 4 is done airing.”

Answer: E) Whenever SciFi puts out the official press release.
                            SCI FI should hopefully be making some announcements in the coming weeks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              SCI FI should hopefully be making some announcements in the coming weeks.
                              Do you have any idea how long we might expect to wait? *curious*
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

They can't say officially that Beckett will return until Kindred will be aired.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X