Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    As a Weir fan - I'd like to see her. Utilised properly. There's not point in seeing a character on screen when what you see on screen ruins the character. For example, I loved Carter til season 7. Come season 7, an 8,9, and 10 afterwards, I felt less and less affection towards the character. Granted, things became somewhat better in season 10, but not enough. Now Carter's on Atlantis... and I don't give much of a damn either way. It's not the Carter I loved in seasons 1-6. Another case in point, from differnet shows. I loved Zhaan at first in Farscape, she was my favourite character. By the time she was killed off, well, I coudln't care less. She was thrown so much into the background and stripped of everything that made her cool in the beginning, I couldn't care less what happened to her. Same thing with Chase on House. Hell, towards the end of season 3 I started askign why is he there and wondering why they don't just kick the hcaracter out of the programme, he was that useless and lost most of his character.
    Zhaan was not a big loss for me. I think when Aeryn died that was a big thing, because I thought at first it was permanent.

Torri Higginson is a wonderful actress. And Elizabeth Weir, once they sat down and wrote her properly, is a great character. I disliked her a lot during seasons 1-2, but from No Man's Land forward learned to love her and she ended up one of my favourite characters. I don't want that character to be ruined by a stupid sotryline that strips the character if who she is, or to see her just in order to have her on screen with no real reason to. I hated Lifeline, even though it was Elizabeth heavy. Why? Because, quite simply, the story was bad. The character was utilised badly, and they coudln't even give her a proper send-off. Tat's not the kind of Elizabeth stories I'd like to see, I'd honestly rather she wasn't there.
    I totally agree. I've always loved the character, but since "No man's Land" they truly took her character and really focused on it and brought it to life. From eps like "The Real World" and to " The Return". Excellent points.

As for my pessimism about her new "arc", I have two words. The first is Jonas, the second is Ford. Neither of them got a decent arc after they left, none of them was seen too much after they left. I don't want to see Elizabeth becoming a Ford or a Jonas. I don't know what TPTB are planing - if they're planning - to do with her. But a small part of me wishes TH wouldn't agree to come and do more episodes in season 5, because I got this feeling a favourite character of mine is going to the rubbish bin and I'd rather not see it happening... and more or less the one thing that could stop it is her not participating.
    See, this is not Ford to me at all. Nothing like it. The last scene she was in was basically telling the viewer, she is still alive and she'll be back. Cannot get more open than that.

I think Weir returning next season for several eps will be some of the best eps of the season. I loved eps like "Lifeline" and "TMC". BASMR was amazing throughout the entire ep. The last 30 secs was just a jaw dropper. Excellent job, imo.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      she is set for a return i don't get why (certain) people are being so negative about her not returning next season

if anything the weir fans should have been happy to see her at the end of BVAMSR
      Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      So, we can say that the returning of Weir is 100%.
      I'm sure most Weir fans were happy to see her in those few second at the end of BAMSr, but as for season five. Gero said "Weir’s storyline will be revisited in season 5." However, will Weir be there, or will they just discuss the Asurans. I think if he'd said "yes, you'll see Weir in new scenes/episodes" I'd be a bit more optimistic about her reappearance in season 5. When I read on JM's blog that Torri had dropped by to film her scenes (hopefully more than one), then I'll be grinning

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        I'm sure most Weir fans were happy to see her in those few second at the end of BAMSr, but as for season five. Gero said "Weir’s storyline will be revisited in season 5." However, will Weir be there, or will they just discuss the Asurans. I think if he'd said "yes, you'll see Weir in new scenes/episodes" I'd be a bit more optimistic about her reappearance in season 5. When I read on JM's blog that Torri had dropped by to film her scenes (hopefully more than one), then I'll be grinning
        See, if they do that, it will likely really hurt the show. That is like taking a piece of meat or a treat and lift it up to where a Dog cannot reach it. I am not saying Torri/Weir is a piece of meat or a treat, lol. But I want to see more Leather-Weir, oh yeah!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          See, if they do that, it will likely really hurt the show. That is like taking a piece of meat or a treat and lift it up to where a Dog cannot reach it. I am not saying Torri/Weir is a piece of meat or a treat, lol. But I want to see more Leather-Weir, oh yeah!
          I don't think they want to make any specific promises as if something doesn't work out, they don't want it come back and bite 'em in the a**. And there's nothing with sharper teeth than disgruntled fans

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            I don't think they want to make any specific promises as if something doesn't work out, they don't want it come back and bite 'em in the a**. And there's nothing with sharper teeth than disgruntled fans
            Sadly, they should not even have shown the last 30 secs of BAMSR if they were not going to continue it. Torri said herself she would return from a bunch of eps if it was an interesting direction. Well it's an interesting direction, so hopefully she'll come back..............if asked.

If she does not return next season after this, it will likely leave a lot of fans heartbroken. Joe, is going to get a lot of hate mail.
            sigpic

Comment

Doesn't he already get a lot of hate mail?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Sadly, they should not even have shown the last 30 secs of BAMSR if they were not going to continue it. Torri said herself she would return from a bunch of eps if it was an interesting direction. Well it's an interesting direction, so hopefully she'll come back..............if asked.

If she does not return next season after this, it will likely leave a lot of fans heartbroken. Joe, is going to get a lot of hate mail.
                There are so many variables that there is no guarantee Weir will be back. We can all hope that the writers do justice to the Weir character, give her (or RepliWeir) a great storyline and don't kill her off. I mean, it didn't work with Beckett now, did it??

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                Doesn't he already get a lot of hate mail?
                Probably, but I suspect he just ignores it all or laughs at it.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...amiliar-faces/

JANUARY 7

excerpts:

A great start to the back half of season 4. Early world has the ratings for Be All My Sins Remember’d up almost 20% from the premiere, Adrift. I also hear that up to 60% of our audience is time-shifting the show to watch at a later date. Interesting.

Back in the office today where I was greeted by many familiar faces - and a modest mountain of parcels (more on those goodies in tomorrow‘s blog). We spent the day discussing important matters like football, the holidays, and, oh yeah, the sets we’ll be needing for our first three episodes. I also received my hard-won prize money for winning this season’s NFL dark horse pool (Thank you, Cleveland).

Today’s pics: I settle back into the office settling; Alex Levine opts for a more laid-back approach, Brad, Rob and tech-geek Marty G., we called M.I.A. Binder to find out how he’s holding up in L.A., Rob Cooper makes his loyalties clear, Alex Levine presents me with my winnings.

Comment

Brian is gonna be pleased. I shall need to call him here to celebrate.

Ahem. Brian, DVR doesn't count for anything. There, he'll be along any minute now...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Ahem. Brian, DVR doesn't count for anything. There, he'll be along any minute now...
                      can you blame him?
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

DUDE!! SGA got over 2 million viewers likely before the Live + 7! This is so HUGE!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

- Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

bwahahahahahhahaha!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Haha, Brian's batsignal! We have a girl in the Sam thread who only shows up if we use her name and "boobies" in the same sentence. It's almost creepy.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hey PG15, you were a bit chatty today in the comments

Oh and that statue you didn't recognise is from the X-Men - Emma Frost, The White Queen (originally).
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X