Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
    Also, DVD's have the bonus of behind the scenes, cast interviews, audio commentaries,..., etc.
    Yeah, plus it's something tangiable and plus the quality is 100X better.

Originally posted by prion View Post
    I'm sure previews are sent to legitimate critics, but all you need is one unguarded DVD that someone 'borrows' at lunch or something and it'll be everywhere. Most critics wouldn't know how to upload/download a torrent if their lives depended on it.

Yeah, did a quick blog search and the leechers and feeders are busy. I'll wait for the DVD in March.
    Most Critics? Most people don't even know how to download anything.
    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hocolate-hell/

December 21, 2007

Photos: Lulu with ball in mouth; Joe's sister with noodles in chopstick; the sign at the Better-than-my-apartment Pet Hotel; and chocolates.

Write-Up: Joe, Joe's sis, and Joe's mom tour the city, including a stop at Rex, a pet storage place that makes the Hilton look like a crack house. Also, Joe overdoses on chocolate. It's bound to happen.

Questions:

Emily writes: “OMG. This is exactly like the SG-1 season 3 episode “Pretense.” Can’t you think of some original ideas???:

Answer: Our version will also include a villain in a ridiculous hat. Stay tuned.

Rachel writes: “Broken Ties? Are you doing a bondage episode?”

Answer: Apparently, I’m the Ties Guy, as I’ve written The Ties That Bind, Family Ties, and now Broken Ties.

Annie from Freemantle writes: “Do you have all the episode stories figured out before you start filming for the next season or do you invent as you go along?”

Answer: We usually have a third to half of the season written by the time we start production, and a good three-quarters of our story ideas “on the white board” along with a pretty firm idea of where we’re going with our major arcs (and where we’re going to end up by season’s end).

Erika writes: “Does Brad Wright like Vala?”

Answer: Brad, Rob - in fact all of the writers love the Vala character.

(Oy, I'm all zuzzed out on new zuz smilie gags)

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Most Critics? Most people don't even know how to download anything.
        True. Most people don't need to download things.

Comment

I am not too worried about Piracy. Look at Doppleganger which leaked legally on the net by itunes. That episode had more viewers than the previous ep "Reunion". Not too many people know how to download anyway.

Plus, internet fans make up a very small portion of the total fans/viewers. People are still going to buy the DVD no matter what.
          I agree, studies done usually say that a download can't count as a lost sale cause its usually the type of person wouldn't wouldnt have bought it then.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is that its a CAM version thats been leaked (which is legal in Canada). Thats why most US studios have stopped sneak previews of films in Canada, they get online before they are officially released.

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

It's not a cam version.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              I agree, studies done usually say that a download can't count as a lost sale cause its usually the type of person wouldn't wouldnt have bought it then.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is that its a CAM version thats been leaked (which is legal in Canada). Thats why most US studios have stopped sneak previews of films in Canada, they get online before they are officially released.
              See, I don't think the net has a major impact on the overall show's DVD sales and TV ratings. We now know DVR is the factor for lower "Live" ratings this season.
              sigpic

Comment

See, I don't think the net has a major impact on the overall show's DVD sales and TV ratings. We now know DVR is the factor for lower "Live" ratings this season.

I agree, what I meant was that this leak obviously comes from inside. Its not a screener, so it wasn't an "oops" from the PR department.

And while I haven't seen it, I've been told by many it IS a cam and according to comments where you can obtain it, its refered to as a cam. So if that is the case it would have happened at the screening. Even if it isn't a cam, its still an inside leak.

sigpic
                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I've seen one of the screenshots of the leak, and it's definitely not a cam. From what i've read in the Promo Photography thread, it's missing scenes and special effects so it's a workprint. Even with a workprint though, the video doesn't seem to have been ripped from a dvd source as the quality wasn't the best.

I must admit I am looking forward to JM's reaction to it being leaked. I think the problem with workprints is that they should be easy to get your hands on as they are the likely cuts of the film being used to show a lot of different people the movie, how far it's progressed, to show the bosses, to let people review it, to get it rated. It could end up being anyone responsibe for the leak if people are able to take home a copy and review it then. The list of suspects could easily go from JM's mother, to some mailroom clerk to the president of MGM's kids.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                    And while I haven't seen it, I've been told by many it IS a cam and according to comments where you can obtain it, its refered to as a cam. So if that is the case it would have happened at the screening. Even if it isn't a cam, its still an inside leak.
                    it is not a cam

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I've seen one of the screenshots of the leak, and it's definitely not a cam. From what i've read in the Promo Photography thread, it's missing scenes and special effects so it's a workprint. Even with a workprint though, the video doesn't seem to have been ripped from a dvd source as the quality wasn't the best.
                    yup it's definitely not the final cut but still watchable
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Even though it's likely not going to really hurt the sales of the DVD it is truly tasteless that these things get leaked. Same thing happened to BSG: Razor! Did not hurt them, still pulled in over 2 million viewers for SCI FI and did well with the DVD!
                      sigpic

Comment

*blinks* okay I think I missed here soemthing.... was Ark of Truth leaked as well?!
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          *blinks* okay I think I missed here soemthing.... was Ark of Truth leaked as well?!
                          Yup.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P2J
                            that sucks the movies are supposed to save sg1
                            SG-1 doesn't need saving, except maybe saving from Coop's hands

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              It's not a cam version.
                              What is a cam version?

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                                What is a cam version?

Vala,
                                Ah Cam wakes up in the shower and ....
                                sigpic

my fanfic