Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    If you buy 100% do you get to dictate to Joe what he can (and can't) say in his blog?

Oooo, I'd love to see someone try that. LOL!
    I doubt that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      If you buy 100% do you get to dictate to Joe what he can (and can't) say in his blog?

Oooo, I'd love to see someone try that. LOL!
      Maybe you could initiate a hostile takeover and replace Joe with a suitable obedient executive of your choice!
      sigpic

Comment

Can someone ask him about the finale and what he thinks of fan reactions and etc?
        Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 15 March 2007, 08:55 AM.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

March 14

Anonymous #1 writes: “Why was Mitchell's role reduced so much in S10?”

Answer: When you have five characters to service, you’re not going to get to spotlight all of them all the time, especially when you bring in a new regular like Vala who may command some stories just as Mitchell, as the new regular in season 9, commanded his own stories. Still, amid the bigger Ori arc than ran through season 10, Mitchell did get his chance to shine in episodes like Uninvited, Company of Thieves, and Bounty.

Zabadoo writes: “Which did you personally prefer, season 10 of SG-1 or season 3 of Atlantis? What is your favorite season of SG-1 and why? Same for Atlantis and do you think that season 4 of Atlantis will be the series' best so far?”

Answer: Like a parent asked to choose favorites, I’ll say I loved both season of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis equally. But loved SG-1’s finale season just a little more, It was the show's final season after all. As for my favorite SG-1 season? Not sure. Seasons 4, 8-10 stand out. As for Atlantis - I’m enjoying what we’re putting together for season four which will, of course, be the best season ever.

AgentDark writes: “You've been working on the show for a while now Joe - who would you consider to be your Sith Apprentice ie the one who, after learning everything they can from you, will rise up to destroy you and take your position?

Answer: Apprentice? Are you kidding? Carl Binder has more experience producing television than anyone while Martin Gero continually blows me away with his production savvy and technical know-how. However, re: the rising up to destroy me and take my position - definitely Gero.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Can we expect some ground shaking character revelations alla The Gift in season 4?”

Answer: Yeah, there’ll be more than a few major revelations upcoming in season four.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            March 14
            As for my favorite SG-1 season? Not sure. Seasons 4, 8-10 stand out.
            Wow! Not sure how I feel about the fact that his favorites are my less favorites. Oh well.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Wow! Not sure how I feel about the fact that his favorites are my less favorites. Oh well.
              Yeah, his favorites are the opposite of mine. I like seasons 1-3 the best.

Comment

I think SG1 hit it's stride with 3/4, maybe a little later than most Scifi but it still got their. At least the earlier seasons weren't as bad as...says TNG's. In fact, the only seasons I don't really like is 7/9. 10 was a lot better than 9.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, his favorites are the opposite of mine. I like seasons 1-3 the best.
                  Yeah, those are my favorites also. 8 is my least favorite, with 7 being next least. The rest are somewhere in between.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Can someone ask him about the finale and what he thinks of fan reactions and etc?
                    Some of us did it already, but he ignored our questions.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Some of us did it already, but he ignored our questions.

Not a surprise...We will never know the truth...

Comment

Don't panic! I think they will mention their fate in season 4.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I really, really wish JM would just answer on the Weir question or say "when I know, I'll post. thank you." (only from reading the comments which are now primarily about Weir or that never-ending question of s/J ship)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...h-15-2007.html

Cowpants writes: “Is there a particular reason why, in "Unending" you used CCR's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" as background music? Also, if you could write for any show or project other than Stargate, what would it be?”

Answer: 1) For some reason, Rob Cooper had this particular tune in mind as he was cutting together the montage sequence and, ultimately, decided to use it in the final mix. 2) Writing an episode of Dr. Who would be cool. I can sweeten the pot by bringing along David Hewlett as an eager guest star.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Joe, when will we know if Jack O'neill is going to be in the movies?”

Answer: Stay tuned.

Anonymous #2 writes: Both take place more or less concurrent to one another.

Christopher Hamer writes: “Is SG-1 going to return beyond series 10 ... as in is there a chance that in 5 -15 years someones sais hey lets start that again?”
                          Answer: I’d say it’s highly unlikely that SG-1 will return in a series format. However, depending on how the first two movies do, it’s more than probably that their adventures will continue as possible direct to dvd features.

Spazzyd writes: “Do you think there was any behind-the-scenes footage taken during the prosthetic scenes in "Unending"?”

Answer: Ivon Bartok took a bunch of behind the scenes footage for Unending. At present, I’m not sure what, exactly, he has in mind for his special features piece.

Anonymous #3 writes: “I've been waiting six years for an end to the sam/jack ship and when the show finally ends I get squat?”

Answer: Good news! The adventures of SG-1 have not, in fact, ended with the appropriately titled “Unending”. Check out the upcoming movies - The Ark of Truth and Continuum for more SG-1.

Anonymous #4 writes: “ ...and your time travel story- uh, isn't that a total rip off from the Series Finale of Star Trek: TNG 'Future's Past?'“

Answer: To be honest, I never saw the episode in question but did check out the online synopsis after reading your comment. Although, admittedly, it is similar in that there are three different timelines, what I was pitching was three versions of the team in three different timelines effecting each other as opposed to any actual jumping back and forth in time.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Can we expect Doppelganger to be similar to Sateda and Runner?”

Answer: Nope.

Comment

Thank you for posting the excerpts prion. It really appricated.

jackie.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I really, really wish JM would just answer on the Weir question or say "when I know, I'll post. thank you." (only from reading the comments which are now primarily about Weir or that never-ending question of s/J ship)
                              I agree. I skimmed yesterday's (the day before yesterday's(?)) comments and noticed that as well. I originally wanted to ask the CCR song question, but that had already been posted. Glad he answered that one. Also, I still belong to the fortunate crowd who got (would have gotten) *all* their questions answered so far.

At the same time, I can't imagine how JM should possibly answer the S&J questions, mainly why Jack wasn't in Unending. "RDA was too expensive." "He would not have fitted with the story." "It was a creative decision." "[insert sarcastic anti-ship answer]." (unlikely) Neither answer would be satisfying for the questioner(s).
                              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Didn't they already cover that, tho? RDA was unavailable? Whatever that means, but it's a hell more lot clear than some other answers JM has provided
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X