Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
    The two commentators who said that something was "obvious" and that something "seems like therefore it is". Too bad that JM is more in the know (he works with those people after all!) and therefore can question the commentator's evidence claims.

I mean, if you(gen) are really worried about something, is it so hard to sign your name and not hide behind an anon comment that implies you have the whole world backing you up?

At the same time, since I don't know the commentators' real intentions, their actions just make them candidates though (as I made clear). But judging from the stuff JM had to put up with in his unscreened gw blog, I can only guess what other comments he receives in his new blog that he won't make public. (Didn't another blogger comment that s/he would also receive less than friendly comments now just because s/he is blog-friends with JM? Lordy!) Maybe JM needs to vent at some of the rather (to him) baseless comments in order to discourage such comments in the future. But he is the only one to know for sure.
    Oh, then why didn't you say so? This pwn stuff is too weird (sorry, I'm a fan of simple English ) In respect to "Didn't another blogger comment that s/he would also receive less than friendly comments now just because s/he is blog-friends with JM", I believe you mean the other person who works in the business, and after going to her blog and reading a lot of her other posts, I'm sorta surpised that some fans haven't roasted her in a pot of boiling oil over her rather incendiary remarks about fan-ficcers (never mind that the site she er, flamed, isn't a fan-fic site but an overall fan complaint site). As long as he puts his best effort into SGA, I suppose I really don't care what he does with the blog. Just want the show to come first, not critiquing crab cakes

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Well, it did look as if JM was rather more impatient than usually yesterday with his replies...
    I liked the ones where he gave obtuse answers or none at all, but just posted the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Oh, then why didn't you say so? This pwn stuff is too weird (sorry, I'm a fan of simple English ).
      I just felt the need to advertise that I finally came to understand (yesterday on wikipedia) when and where "pwned" gets used. But in hindsight, JM's blog is not a computer game, so my use of the word wasn't really correct. Yeah, whatever.

In respect to "Didn't another blogger comment that s/he would also receive less than friendly comments now just because s/he is blog-friends with JM", I believe you mean the other person who works in the business, and after going to her blog and reading a lot of her other posts, I'm sorta surpised that some fans haven't roasted her in a pot of boiling oil over her rather incendiary remarks about fan-ficcers (never mind that the site she er, flamed, isn't a fan-fic site but an overall fan complaint site). As long as he puts his best effort into SGA, I suppose I really don't care what he does with the blog. Just want the show to come first, not critiquing crab cakes
      I was talking about "Kelly J. Compeau" from JM's March 9 entry. I thought she was just another fan since I've never heard of her or her blog or her connection to JM. If she really is a showbizgirl, she doesn't seem to be too important though, so she can IMO say what she likes (like the rest of us do without having to have irrational fears of being put on the grill like JM). So according to you and her (I haven't checked) she's getting a gratis whack from fandom. It's great to be a "famous" () person. Except it's not.

*goes over to read the Travellers synopsis on gateworld that must have been posted within the last 10(?) minutes*
      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I just felt the need to advertise that I finally came to understand (yesterday on wikipedia) when and where "pwned" gets used. But in hindsight, JM's blog is not a computer game, so my use of the word wasn't really correct. Yeah, whatever.
        'pwned' always looks like a typo to me and until Websters makes it an official and non-slang word....

I was talking about "Kelly J. Compeau" from JM's March 9 entry. I thought she was just another fan since I've never heard of her or her blog or her connection to JM. If she really is a showbizgirl, she doesn't seem to be too important though, so she can IMO say what she likes (like the rest of us do without having to have irrational fears of being put on the grill like JM). So according to you and her (I haven't checked) she's getting a gratis whack from fandom. It's great to be a "famous" () person. Except it's not.
        No, she's trying to get a movie or show put through and was a singer at one point but don't know her offhand. Not sure how she ended up visiting JM's blog, unless she saw something on Fandomwank (think that was it -which she flamed hersel) and took a looksee.

Comment

ENOUGH!!!

The topic of the thread is joe's blog. this is NOT the place for a slanging match or character bashing.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            ENOUGH!!!

The topic of the thread is joe's blog. this is NOT the place for a slanging match or character bashing.
            agreed Skydiver, I'm sick of it too.
            sigpic

Comment

Another one of my comments got answered.

Prior_of_the_Ori writes “Wanted to ask if we will see anymore of the Genii and Ladon in the new season?”

Answer: Although we don’t have a story in the works, we would like to do a couple of Genii episodes in season four.
              Interesting. Looks like the Genii arent out yet so good news there. Hopefully they will be developed more as well in the next season and dont just be the generic weaker bad guys who die quickly.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

March 12

Anonymous #1 writes: “It also has to be said that you need to see that the way Wright announced the changes was going to freak people out. […] When it's done as a throwaway line and paired with a comment about OMG how great is this, Sam's joining the cast, of course people are going to be upset.”

Answer: In all fairness to Brad, that interview was not supposed to air until long after the news had officially broken re: any creative decisions regarding season four. Unfortunately, the interview found its way online and that’s how the fans first heard the news.

Jason writes: “1) Are there any stories for Season 4 where the team explores more of the planets in the Pegasus Galaxy? 2) Is there any chance of seeing Dr. Parrish from Runner making a reappearance?“

Answer: 1) Yes. 2) At present, no.

UberAmandaFan writes: “That poem you wrote with hints about the show...does it need to be edited at all?”

Answer: No. All of the clues I offered are still in play. Maybe what I’ll do in the coming days is re-post the poem but with an indication of which season the individual hints pertain to.

Anonymous #3 writes: “The fact of the matter is that many of the major players involved in Atlantis seem to be much more interested and excited in other projects.”

Answer: It’s a “matter of fact”?” Simply because someone expresses an interest in something non-Stargate-related? Thanks for giving me the heads up. Upon learning that our office assistant Lawren had expressed some interest in taking a vacation once this season wraps, I fired his ass.

Prior_of_the_Ori writes “Wanted to ask if we will see anymore of the Genii and Ladon in the new season?”

Answer: Although we don’t have a story in the works, we would like to do a couple of Genii episodes in season four.

Anonymous #4 writes: “How do e.g. Teyla's people know, if the stargate is in the orbit around a planet or on the planet itself?”

Answer: Unlike the Atlantis team, the Athosians don’t operate off a list of unexplored gate addresses.

SGFerrit writes: “Is there any chance we could see a bigger British involvement in Stargate politics?”

Answer: It’s possible. It really depends on the story and, more importantly, finding the right actor. The main reason we have such a prominent Czech character on the show is because David Nykel, who impressed us with his performance, happens to be Czech.

Tauri Sith writes: “ Also just noticed (and started geeking out about) that the Abydos pyramid in the opening credits explodes in time with the music. Did you purposely do that, or is it just one of those things in life that happens?”

Answer: Nope, that was deliberate timing.

Linzi writes: “I was reading GW's Home page headline info about spoilers for Travelers, and they report that Travelers is not due to air fourth.”

Answer: They’re wrong. Travelers will air fourth.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Joe, you seem to have forgotten that Carl DID write in season 1.”

Answer: Yes, I remember - they were episodes 15 and 16. We must have been doing something right for fans to stick around through those first 14.

Ryu Gaia writes: “Were there ever any Stargate SG-1 stories you really wanted to tell but never had the chance to?”

Answer: There was that time travel story I beat out last year that seemed to sap a good five years from my life in the fashioning.

Michelle writes: “Joe, it seems Michael Shanks has won a recurring role on "24" for this season! What do you think? Is it cool to see actors from Stargate "make it" in network tv?”

Answer: Very cool. Great news for Michael and equally great news for his fans.

To whoever asked
                Shawna writes: “I went to the mall today, too (Oakridge, I believe it was). All I can say is: Holy crap! 14% sales tax?”
                Answer: Since you’re a tourist, I believe you can get that money back.

It’s not 14% sales tax, it’s GST and PST and you can possibly get part of it back. Google GST rebate. There are many restrictions.

Anonymous #1 writes: “It also has to be said that you need to see that the way Wright announced the changes was going to freak people out. […] When it's done as a throwaway line and paired with a comment about OMG how great is this, Sam's joining the cast, of course people are going to be upset.”
                Answer: In all fairness to Brad, that interview was not supposed to air until long after the news had officially broken re: any creative decisions regarding season four. Unfortunately, the interview found its way online and that’s how the fans first heard the news.

Well, MGM are the ones that goofed by taking time and resources to load up the videos, etc. , but it did give fans a big head’s up…

Comment

Linzi writes: “I was reading GW's Home page headline info about spoilers for Travelers, and they report that Travelers is not due to air fourth.”

Answer: They’re wrong. Travelers will air fourth.
                  Well, for the record, what the GW story actually says:

"The exact airing order for 'Travelers' is not yet known, though it will be fourth in production order. (It is currently believed that 'Doppelganger' will air fourth.)"

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ravelers.shtml
                  Last edited by kiwigater; 14 March 2007, 11:46 AM.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Well, for the record, since no one bothered to go see what the GW story actually says...
                    You expect people to READ?! Pfft! What a ridiculous idea! Next you'll be expecting people to think!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Well, for the record, since no one bothered to go see what the GW story actually says:

"The exact airing order for 'Travelers' is not yet known, though it will be fourth in production order. (It is currently believed that 'Doppelganger' will air fourth.)"

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...ravelers.shtml
                      You expect people to READ?! Pfft! What a ridiculous idea! Next you'll be expecting people to think!
                      To be fair to Linzi, she already asked on March 6:

Linzi writes: “Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing). Is that the order you expect the episodes to air in?”

Answer: Yes.

and Gateworld didn't include this information.

Also, in my little world, an unknown airing order and a "not (necessarily) due to air in that order" note are pretty much the same. I guess Linzi just wanted to make sure. After all, Gateworld sometimes doesn't mention its sources (like for recent "Ark of Truth" spoilers) so I/we can never be sure if gateworld knows something that I/we didn't know before.

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Well, apologies if Linzi took my snarking the wrong way, but in the meanwhile I think I've stumbled across an interesting question for Darren about how much time he devotes to reading and reporting on the contents of Joe's blog and what he read or was told to make him think that Doppelganger might be fourth. He is superhuman after all, and should know all things at once and in the correct order.

Comment

I must confess that most of what I get to read from Joe's blog these days comes from what is reposted here. I love the blog and he does great with it, but I hope everyone isn't expecting me to be fully versed on everything he has said there.

I think "Doppelganger" got into my brain in fourth place from Joe's blog, long ago. Something was said about it filming first but airing later.

Comment

I must confess that most of what I get to read from Joe's blog these days comes from what is reposted here. I love the blog and he does great with it, but I hope everyone isn't expecting me to be fully versed on everything he has said there.

I think "Doppelganger" got into my brain in fourth place from Joe's blog, long ago. Something was said about it filming first but airing later.
                            I personally question everything (even some of JM's comments) until I can see the episode up on screen, but generally, gateworld (and of course JM) are very trust-worthy sources. It's just that you're only 97% reliable.

Darren, can I ask in how far you still like to get send news reports about JM's blog if you're reading here? I only send in news reports when I think you would/should include it in the pre-ep summaries or maybe a full news article. But if you're reading here, that means you get most of the JM blog scoop anyway, right?

Comment

New entry is up; I'll leave the quotage to the masters.

And is it me, or does that photo of Joe and Martin Gero (SuperMegaUberGod) kinda gives off a "mentor and apprentice" sort of vibe?

Comment

I hunt for scoop when I have the time, but it is imminently helpful when folks e-mail in a news report. Sometimes I don't get onto the forum for days at a time, but I am on e-mail constantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X