Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really excited about my answer. Of course, it might not pan out, but just the chance that there is a continuing story thread (that's not just the obvious "oh no! Wraith=bad!") that will be touched upon once in a while makes me looking forward to Season 4.

No offense to Rob and Brad, but now with a new showrunner at the helm, I'm excited to see what Joe and Paul will do. Even though some of their episodes might not have been stellar, they've always had Brad and Rob there to do rewrites which could (and I strongly STRONGLY emphasize "could") lowered their quality, maybe...probably.

We'll see what happens.

Comment

"Anonymous #3 also writes: “SG-1 has based much more heavily on internal character relationships, complex stories based in mythology, and is, by and large, a much more people-focused show. It's not so much about the flash, but more about the characters' place in the story. For those reasons I'd guess that SG-1 would appeal more to females and to an older audience in general.”

Answer: So you’re inferring that younger or male viewers are less intelligent? I don’t know if I agree with that. Furthermore, SG-1 has had many more years to establish their mythology, characters, and the various relationships between them. In time, I’m sure Atlantis will become just as “older/female-audience worthy”."

HUH? WHAT? Hmmm. Female. 32 years old. Where do I fit in? And I love both shows! Werid. Never thought of SG-1 appealing to older/ female crowds! Oh and if SG-1 is so "people-focuased" than wouldn't Jack and Sam have gotten together long ago?
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
        "Anonymous #3 also writes: “SG-1 has based much more heavily on internal character relationships, complex stories based in mythology, and is, by and large, a much more people-focused show. It's not so much about the flash, but more about the characters' place in the story. For those reasons I'd guess that SG-1 would appeal more to females and to an older audience in general.”

Answer: So you’re inferring that younger or male viewers are less intelligent? I don’t know if I agree with that. Furthermore, SG-1 has had many more years to establish their mythology, characters, and the various relationships between them. In time, I’m sure Atlantis will become just as “older/female-audience worthy”."

HUH? WHAT? Hmmm. Female. 32 years old. Where do I fit in? And I love both shows! Werid. Never thought of SG-1 appealing to older/ female crowds! Oh and if SG-1 is so "people-focuased" than wouldn't Jack and Sam have gotten together long ago?
        I asked myself that too when I read that comment. I'm also female. 36 years old. And, for what it's worth, I love Atlantis but I don't watch SG-1 anymore. I watched the first 9 seasons in a bit less than 2 years (2004/2005) before quitting. All I can say is that I find the character dynamics far better in Atlantis, at least comparing the 3 seasons of Atlantis with the first 9 seasons of SG-1. Maybe something changed drastically in s10, and I'm not aware of it. Anyway, we all have our own opinions and they're all valid.

Comment

Lily and Angela V, your commenting on the guest's comment, not Joe's, right? I guess (demographically speaking) I've never really thought about why I care about certain TV shows, and not others.

From today's blog entry:
          Anonymous #1 writes: “Is there an episode in Atlantis that you think could be a fan favorite as Window of Opportunity is the SG1?”

Answer: According to GEOS, it’s First Strike.
          What is GEOS? Neither wikipedia nor google could really help. acronymfinder.com says it could stand for "Global Episode Opinion Survey". Where do they get their data from, and how? (I'm just asking because I didn't really have that many geez-wow-crazy feelings with First Strike.)
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Can someone ask Joe if the DVD-movies will be released in R1 and 2 at the same time?
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

First Strike? First Strike????? He must be kidding. Yes it had very pretty pictures thanks to the FX but the story sucked.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                Lily and Angela V, your commenting on the guest's comment, not Joe's, right? I guess (demographically speaking) I've never really thought about why I care about certain TV shows, and not others.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is there an episode in Atlantis that you think could be a fan favorite as Window of Opportunity is the SG1?”

Answer: According to GEOS, it’s First Strike.
                From today's blog entry:What is GEOS? Neither wikipedia nor google could really help. acronymfinder.com says it could stand for "Global Episode Opinion Survey". Where do they get their data from, and how? (I'm just asking because I didn't really have that many geez-wow-crazy feelings with First Strike.)
                GEOS is Global Episode Opinion Surbey, located at geos.tv, I know this because I'm the #1 contributor on the site, and I have access to the GEOS 2007 beta site. Don't ask for the URL, I won't supply it, and besides it's password protected.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Abydos.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Can someone ask Joe if the DVD-movies will be released in R1 and 2 at the same time?
                  He has said again and again that he does not know about DVD stuff. He's just a writer.

You could ask MGM about their plans. The movies should get released when S10 has been released on DVD, but in the past 3 years, the boxed season R1 DVDs were released only in October (and Europe's complete individual DVDs in July/August at the earliest); I guess post-production would last until at least September as well. Here's at least hope that there isn't too much of a date deviation.

(On the downside, it's still not clear whether SciFi will air the SG-1 movies, and that could hold up the DVD release in the US. I know BSG S2 on DVD will not be released in Germany this year because the German free-TV channel wants to wait one further year (after the usual year for dubbing) until it broadcasts that season, but it has special contracts that the DVD release will only be allowed *after* the German free-TV premiere. Talk about customer friendliness. *shrugs*)

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Originally posted by lily View Post
                    I asked myself that too when I read that comment. I'm also female. 36 years old. And, for what it's worth, I love Atlantis but I don't watch SG-1 anymore. I watched the first 9 seasons in a bit less than 2 years (2004/2005) before quitting. All I can say is that I find the character dynamics far better in Atlantis, at least comparing the 3 seasons of Atlantis with the first 9 seasons of SG-1. Maybe something changed drastically in s10, and I'm not aware of it. Anyway, we all have our own opinions and they're all valid.

Amazing just how arrogant that answer to your obervation. You stated a simple fact, that an older audience would be more intresting in above mentioned elements. NEVER in your post did you suggest that young and or males would be LESS intelligent.

WHERE did JM pull response to your post out off? He insulted you! I'm also in that age group, so I guess he insulted me too.

I would gander that JM knows he is purposly turning the show into something that targets young male audience and the older ESTABLISH audience has complained. Thus, he got all hyper and defensive to your post.

OMG--every time he blogs he states something utterly and totally stupid! First, the lemmings comment. Then, the older viewers think that young males are dumb comment.

Perhaps, JM should proof read his post for content more than anything else. Or hire himself a 30 year old female secretary to blog for him.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      "Anonymous #3 also writes: “SG-1 has based much more heavily on internal character relationships, complex stories based in mythology, and is, by and large, a much more people-focused show. It's not so much about the flash, but more about the characters' place in the story. For those reasons I'd guess that SG-1 would appeal more to females and to an older audience in general.

Amazing just how arrogant that answer to your obervation. You stated a simple fact, that an older audience would be more intresting in above mentioned elements. NEVER in your post did you suggest that young and or males would be LESS intelligent.

WHERE did JM pull response to your post out off? He insulted you! I'm also in that age group, so I guess he insulted me too.
                      LOL. I guess you missed the bolded sentence that implied that guys like flashy (stupid?) things. Joe even asked if his interpretation was right before he went on with his(!) opinion based on that interpretation. No-one is insulting anyone here (at least this time), unless you want to feel insulted by nothing. Just let's not have another blown-out discussion about how Joe hates every fan. Or let's at least wait until he says something really ambiguous (i.e. stupid and insulting for some fans ).

Last edited by sgeureka; 05 March 2007, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
                        LOL. I guess you missed the bolded sentence that implied that guys like flashy (stupid?) things. Joe even asked if his interpretation was right before he went on with his(!) opinion based on that interpretation. No-one is insulting anyone here (at least this time), unless you want to feel insulted by nothing. Just let's not have another blown-out discussion about how Joe hates every fan. Or let's at least wait until he says something really ambiguous (i.e. stupid and insulting for some fans ).

I didn't read the actual blog--just what I saw posted that I quoted. As to the "FLASH" I don't view that as an interpitaion of being male based. I viewed that as special effects in general. Most people in general like a good story as to just plain old special effects. With no story the special effects are useless.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

I would gander that JM knows he is purposly turning the show into something that targets young male audience and the older ESTABLISH audience has complained. Thus, he got all hyper and defensive to your post.

OMG--every time he blogs he states something utterly and totally stupid! First, the lemmings comment. Then, the older viewers think that young males are dumb comment.

Perhaps, JM should proof read his post for content more than anything else. Or hire himself a 30 year old female secretary to blog for him.
                          Wait, sorry, missed something here. You're critisising Joe for infering that by talking about what would draw in odler/female audience the writer's intention was that younger/ male audience are attracted to other things... and yet you do that same connection yourself, saying that he is purposly turning the show into something that targets young male audience. That "fact" that an older audience is more interested in the above-mentioned isn't a "fact", it's a well-established stereotype. Furthermore, when using the word "than", you are implying that there's a contrast between the two groups in the field you're describing, meaning that the younger demo is interested less in these things. Since "complex stories based on mythology, internal character relationships and by-and-large a more people focused show" can be seen as more intelligent in contrast to the "flash"... it was the person who asked the question that inferred young male demo are interested in less intellignet television, not JM. JM just dropped the pretense and called it by its name. For once in his life, JM wasn't being arrogant. He showed the hypocricy of the question and the person behind it, talkign about wqhat was acutally asked rather than what was put in words.
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

"Anonymous #3 writes “SG-1 has based much more heavily on internal character relationships, complex stories based in mythology, and is, by and large, a much more people-focused show. It's not so much about the flash, but more about the characters' place in the story. For those reasons I'd guess that SG-1 would appeal more to females and to an older audience in general.”
                            Heh, SGA appeals a lot of the females (older and otherwise) because of the characters, not any whizbang spx.

Comment

Mostly vague stuff in this entry

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ch-4-2007.html

March 4

Answer: According to GEOS, it’s First Strike. [GEOS is a tv show listing site - http://www.geos.tv/ - didn't see fan favorites listed]

Jenny Robin writes: “Can you give me an approximate number of people who work in your production office on any given day?”

Answer: I’d say approximately 35-40.

Nathaniel writes: “Do you know if any of the big boys at MGM have gone to the big boys at NBC/U to see if they could get a special one shot of Atlantis on NBC one night after Heroes?”

Answer: It would be interesting - but highly unlikely.

Kas writes: “ Do you know if the movies will be region free DVD or at least released simultaneously to those countries who have already seen S10, eg UK - zone 2?”

Answer: Sorry, I have no idea.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Some spoilers that are circulating now have got me a little worried. Can you reassure us that The Ark of Truth won't turn out to be a Mitchell-fest.”

Answer: I commented on this in the Chicago Tribune interview. Fans will come across spoilers that reveal an aspect of a given script and subsequently blow it out of proportion, expecting the worst. My advice is: wait an see.

Anonymous #4 writes: “You should also understand that some people have a little more information about what's going on than others.”

Answer: Intriguing but, with all due respect, doubtful.

David McKee writes: “What does your Magic 8 Ball say about the prospects for Jacob Carter returning in "Continuum"?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                Answer: According to GEOS, it’s First Strike. [GEOS is a tv show listing site - http://www.geos.tv/ - didn't see fan favorites listed]
                                The Fan favorites are listed here, prion.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X